Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Intranet Website Help Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Intranet Website Help Needed (990 Views)

Project:an Application To Make Calls Using LAN/INTRANET Network / Vb.net Website Help Helllllppppppp / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intranet Website Help Needed by sholasys: 11:18am On Nov 26, 2007
Am a network Eng. and not good in web design. I want to Design an intranet website for my company daily activities and info, news and reports.
Pls how do I go about it. I knw any little information will help me. i can easily learn smthing and try it. How do i achiev this.
Do i need a webserver, how do i go abt it
Re: Intranet Website Help Needed by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
Go to WWW.ASP.NET You can learn all you need to build a website and maintain one on there.
Re: Intranet Website Help Needed by opensource(m): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
If as a Network Engineer you want to do the job of a webmaster , then my little advice will be first learn the basis , get some scripting knowledge and create a custom look page for the company since its going be a Intranet based application , it necessarily musn't have to be look too cool . Just get the logic and the primary focus of displaying daily activities.etc

Also setting up the network should be an easy task . You need little or no stress all you need to do is assign a system the server which I am sure as a Network Guy you should know , you can make one system act as the Database server as well as the Web Server. Install IIS when referencing you pages and files always use system IP address rather than the localhost 127.0.0.1 so that other system on the network can access it.

its always good to get a foundation on programming before doing networking.

windows networking b4 cisco

just my little contribution . if u need more help use pm
Re: Intranet Website Help Needed by diltony(f): 4:16am On Nov 27, 2007
Alternatively, u can give me the job, i should be able to handle it efficiently because it is what i do!!
Building an intranet application is to me easier than an internet wesite.
Contact me at diltony@yahoo.com or through my website [www.dhtmlonline.com][/http://www.dhtmlonline.com]
or call me on 08027069307
Re: Intranet Website Help Needed by MisterMan(m): 5:25am On Dec 18, 2007
Have u gotten the help? If not, mail me at tianshihotguy@yahoo.com. Will be glad to be of help. No I am not taking a dime. Just want to help a fellow Nairalander

(1) (Reply)

I'm Having Problems On Triggers,pls. Put Me Thru! / Problem with PATH on Windows 7(python) / How Do One Add Database Root User & Password On Mysql-python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.