Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

"Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian (2936 Views)

Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by anonymous6(f): 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
" The entire Kardashian family, including siblings Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob, sit down with Oprah Winfrey for "Oprah's Next Chapter" on Sunday during which Oprah will try to get to the bottom of why the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" klan is such a cultural phenomenon. In the interview, a clip of which you can see above, Winfrey asks if they would have found such fame if they weren't attractive, a question Rob was eager to answer — whether or not his sisters wanted him to.
They're not skinny women," Rob, 25, quickly replied. "They're not models here." When his sisters ribbed him for his response, he added: "I'm just saying: You're great role models for women, young girls."

Kim, 31, tried to offer more insight. "I don't think [our success] would have happened if we were all skinny, pretty models. I think it had to do with the curves, the dark hair. I remember when the wave of Jennifer Lopez and Salma Hayek and these beautiful Hispanic women came into light. I looked up to them and I loved them but I thought: Where are all the Middle Eastern women?" said Kim, whose family is of Armenian descent. "We took that category or helped broaden that. In life, I think people just have 'it' — I can't explain what 'it' is."
Winfrey, who she had never met the Kardashians prior to the interview or watched any of their E! shows, said she wanted to sit down with them to figure out why they had become so popular. "Why do so many people love to watch their every move and why do so many others love to hate them," Winfrey wrote on Facebook. "Are they completely ego centered? Are they really 'famous for being famous' or is there something more?" Noting that by the end of the interviews, during which she also grilled Kim about her 72-day marriage, she said: "I 'GOT IT.'" Winfrey also said Scott Disick, Lamar Odom, Khloe, and Kim were the ones who surprised her the most."
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/rob-kardashian-to-his-sibs--you%E2%80%99re-not-skinny-.html
Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by anonymous6(f): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Role Models lol
Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by PhysicsQED(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
"Are they really 'famous for being famous' or is there something more?"

There's definitely nothing else there.

The media obsession they're getting now is the same as what the Osbornes got when they put their crazy family on national TV several years back, but at least one member of that family is actually a rock star. I don't see why these Kardiashains should be famous.

Anonymous, please tell me you're not a fan of their antics. You seem way too reasonable for that.
Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by PhysicsQED(m): 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
-edited-
Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by anonymous6(f): 12:35am On Jun 16, 2012
PhysicsQED:

There's definitely nothing else there.

The media obsession they're getting now is the same as what the Osbornes got when they put their crazy family on national TV several years back, but at least one member of that family is actually a rock star. I don't see why these Kardiashains should be famous.

Anonymous, please tell me you're not a fan of their antics. You seem way too reasonable for that.

NO, LOL but I find it funny that they even got Oprah's attention to get a interview, it makes you wonder the way America is culturally with celebrities that are famous for nothing or for s-ex tapes.
Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 16, 2012
Oprah also Interviewed the so called Video Vixen Karrine SteFFans aka SupaHead......

Famous for nothing but swallowing rappers Slimey Man Loads

..Amazing how black women never bring up tha fact that there are a Galaxy of Useless Talentless Black women who have gotten famous thee exact same way as these Armenian whoorez.

Oprah herself is nothing but an Aunt Jemima Self Hating Uncle Ruckus breed ignorant C00n herself though actually...

It's not by accident that white america has elevated this Mississippi tap dancing clown to the financial mega status that she currently holds.

Re: "Where are all the middle Eastern Women" - Kim Kardashian by anonymous6(f): 2:28am On Jun 16, 2012
Royal-VII:
Oprah also Interviewed the so called Video Vixen Karrine SteFFans aka SupaHead......

Famous for nothing but swallowing rappers Slimey Man Loads

..Amazing how black women never bring up tha fact that there are a Galaxy of Useless Talentless Black women who have gotten famous thee exact same way as these Armenian whoorez.

Oprah herself is nothing but an Aunt Jemima Self Hating Uncle Ruckus breed ignorant C00n herself though actually...

It's not by accident that white america has elevated this Mississippi tap dancing clown to the financial mega status that she currently holds.

Well I have nothing against Oprah, I have read her biography and she has went through alot before she became what she is today, I have noticed some african americans don't like her because they think she acts white but I feel she struggled from dirt poor,raped and rejected by her mother, to be the first to go to college in her family, and eventually becoming one of the top women in the world.

When it comes to supahead and the rest, to me they are all the same regardless of race, I never knew Oprah even interviewed her to be honest but in all honesty it is the kardashians being popular for absolutely nothing, supahead is only popular in the hip hop world while the kardashians are popular nationally, and little outside America, especially with her 72 day wedding; plus many white americans are getting disgusted with the kardashians as well. Both supahead and kim are the same to me, race is irrelevant but maybe it is women in your community that you feel are not bringing up what you are saying I guess

(1) (Reply)

Which Of The Major Nigerian Languages Would You Love To Learn? / African Languages As Official In Government / What Do You Call Bitter Kola ( Garcinia Kola) In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.