Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court (13387 Views)

Buruji Kasham's Arrest By NDLA Is Illegal - Court Rules / Deregulation Of The Downstream Oil Sector Is Illegal - Court / Constitution Amendment Without President’s Assent Illegal – Court ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by ismhab(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

YOu and your family are the sick ones here. That you would read a simple comment and immediately tell me I am sick implies you are most likely projecting there and DENIAL is not going to help cure your sickness.
YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING, EVEN IN UK THERE IS ISLAMIC BANKING, WHERE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ARE X-TIANS, NOT TO TALK OF NIGERIA.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by adaybayor(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
Akpan107: My friend, let me ask you please, I need N2.5m from the Bank, to start the construction of my private living house, and will pay back in six Months time. When returning the Money, will i just give back the same N2.5m and say 'THANK YOU' and go my way?

Nust you go to Jaiz? If you can't meet their terms and conditions then stay away! Simple.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
ismhab:
YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING, EVEN IN UK THERE IS ISLAMIC BANKING, WHERE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ARE X-TIANS, NOT TO TALK OF NIGERIA.

Uneducated eejit! I know you believe you and your parent units are good for nothing, and that is fine, but get yourself some education.

Nigeria is not the UK. Nigeria has LAWS separate from that you find in the UK, and those LAWS need to be upheld, even above your Islam. Like someone already told you. If you are not satisfied with the laws, go through the right way to get your concerns heard or take a hike. Nigeria will probably be better with radicals like you gone.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Solaoye: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
once it is against d law, it is total illegal. infact, i challenge the mind behind d issue. pls push d LAW on dis illegal act.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
adaybayor:

Tell them bro....they always seeking undeserved sentiments, bunch of pathetic hypocrites cry wolf when there is non.

This has nothing to do with Christians. And Please stop trying to throw Christians under the bus because your pathetic mind is incapable of comprehending the argument here.

The man went to the court, not as a Christian but as a Nigerian. Under Nigerian Law, the CBN has no right to offer a licence to any religious(Be it Christian, Muslim, Ogboni, Amadioha, Orunmila) Bank. So the problem here is that the licence, is ILLEGAL and should not be at all.

If you are even remotely educated, I urge you to use your mind here . . . apply what you have learnt of the law and how it ought to work, in most any case. Once you go against the law, you RUBBISH it and every other law out there.

It never ceases to buggle my mind that the very Nigerians who cry every day for Justice and the law to prevail in the land, turn a blind eye when the same law is trampled on for them. How can you have your cake and eat it?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
ismhab:
WE WILL NOT, AND WE WILL PRACTICE OUR RELIGION THE WAY IT IS, NO BODY CAN STOP US FROM DOING SO, WHO EVER HE IS!!!

I'm seriously fighting the urge to calling you a reetaard.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
colomb:

I'm seriously fighting the urge to calling you a retard.

Duh!!
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
Onyocha: CORRECTION:

it was not Sanusi that started the Islamic Banking provision or gave it license.it was a christian and an igbo man that did.Charles Soludo is his name.

as for the confused judge,he really does not have a clue on how to promote his religious bias and sentiments.he is lost.the way a bank decides to operate its business solely have to do with the owners of the bank and whether or not the CBN approves of that mode of operation.as far as the Islamic Bank does not force anyone to bank with it,there is no question of constitutionality.

if the name "Islamic Bank" is what is tormenting Christians,christians should open their christian banks and charge interest.Oyedepo,Adeboye and Oritsejafor are all very rich men.

if the constitutionality of Islamic Banking is put into question,then Muslims too would have the right to question christian and muslim schools and universities where students are forced to follow a religion they do not adhere to.
Are there no Al-maljiri schools and Madrassas in the North and South? You too are very shallow minded!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by adaybayor(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This has nothing to do with Christians. And Please stop trying to throw Christians under the bus because your pathetic mind is incapable of comprehending the argument here.

The man went to the court, not as a Christian but as a Nigerian. Under Nigerian Law, the CBN has no right to offer a licence to any religious(Be it Christian, Muslim, Ogboni, Amadioha, Orunmila) Bank. So the problem here is that the licence, is ILLEGAL and should not be at all.

If you are even remotely educated, I urge you to use your mind here . . . apply what you have learnt of the law and how it ought to work, in most any case. Once you go against the law, you RUBBISH it and every other law out there.

It never ceases to buggle my mind that the very Nigerians who cry every day for Justice and the law to prevail in the land, turn a blind eye when the same law is trampled on for them. How can you have your cake and eat it?

Keep deceiving yourself, if I do something that does not in anyway affect you, will you have the right to complain of any wrong-doing on my part? I bet you know the answer.
Pls stop that nonsense about it not being championed byt xtians....can you mention some public figures who are against the idea but, aint xtians?
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by adaybayor(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
all4naija: Are there no Al-maljiri schools and Madrassas in the North and South? You too are very shallow minded!

Then establish xtian banks, we won't give α̲̅ F!
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
adaybayor:

Keep deceiving yourself, if I do something that does not in anyway affect you, will you have the right to complain of any wrong-doing on my part? I bet you know the answer.
Pls stop that nonsense about it not being championed byt xtians....can you mention some public figures who are against the idea but, aint xtians?

Well, unfortunately for you, that is not how the law works. Please pick up a book to learn how the law works rather than posting random gibberish that pops to the front of your brain pool there.

Your post above is why, right before the last election, I suggested we organize a group to go out to townhalls to educate, even the so-called educated youths on how the law works and how democracy works.

I can clearly see that you have conveniently convinced your mind that that those who are for implementing the law are anti-islam, so I will waste no more of my time. Goodluck !

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Why trade words with bit.ches?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
all4naija: Are there no Al-maljiri schools and Madrassas in the North and South? You too are very shallow minded!

The establishment of Islamic schools BY THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA IS ILLEGAL as well. These units should be PRIVATE and not GOVERNMENT RUN. Same with CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS . . .There ought to be NO GOVERNMENT RUN CHRISTIAN/MUSLIM/IFA ETC schools.

This man is doing Nigerians a favor and I am saddened that there are those who do not see it.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
adaybayor:

Then establish xtian banks, we won't give α̲̅ F!
Read the comment in my previous reply. You too have a problem with religion. I am not in any way against Islamic or Christian banking in Nigeria but I am against the things going against the law of the land. So, one can't just go about saying establish Christian bank without following the rule of law. If the law says it is right do so then it is lawful but the reverse is always the case.

Nigeria can never be organized with like minds of yours.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by hassey(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
If i av my money i can establish a bank and name it after my name is all my liken, isliamic bank is a bank to help d poor, is a kind of bank where d rich saves dere money in oda to enable d poor benefit 4rm it witout paying intrest on loan. Imagin first bank charging abt 20-25% intrest on loan. And nw we av a bank dat charge intrest free yet we ar stil complaining. The Act neva stop any individual or group to set up a bank. As far as u av d capital base.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
hassey: If i av my money i can establish a bank and name it after my name is all my liken, isliamic bank is a bank to help d poor, is a kind of bank where d rich saves dere money in oda to enable d poor benefit 4rm it witout paying intrest on loan. Imagin first bank charging abt 20-25% intrest on loan. And nw we av a bank dat charge intrest free yet we ar stil complaining. The Act neva stop any individual or group to set up a bank. As far as u av d capital base.
What you stated are they actually the problems? Please,try to respect the law of the land for once, lawlessness would gradually be done away with in the land.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
hassey: [b]If i av my money i can establish a bank and name it after my name is all my liken, isliamic bank is a bank to help d poor, [/b]is a kind of bank where d rich saves dere money in oda to enable d poor benefit 4rm it witout paying intrest on loan. Imagin first bank charging abt 20-25% intrest on loan. And nw we av a bank dat charge intrest free yet we ar stil complaining. The Act neva stop any individual or group to set up a bank. As far as u av d capital base.

This is what is ILLEGAL. You cannot simply open a bank willy-nilly. There are LAWS that govern the establishments of Banks, Companies, institutions, etc. And you are OBLIGATED to following those LAWS or face the consequences of breaking the law.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by ismhab(m): 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
colomb:

I'm seriously fighting the urge to calling you a reetaard.
SILENT ANSWER IS THE BEST ANSWER LOOKING TO A FOOL LIKE YOU.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by ismhab(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Uneducated eejit! I know you believe you and your parent units are good for nothing, and that is fine, but get yourself some education.

Nigeria is not the UK. Nigeria has LAWS separate from that you find in the UK, and those LAWS need to be upheld, even above your Islam. Like someone already told you. If you are not satisfied with the laws, go through the right way to get your concerns heard or take a hike. Nigeria will probably be better with radicals like you.
WHEN LAST DID U SLEEP WITH UR MUMSY U SON OF BIT.CH, BASTERD, BED SHEARER.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
ismhab:
WHEN LAST DID U SLEEP WITH UR MUMSY U SON OF BITCH, BASTERD, BED SHEARER.

eyah!! I didn't know you sleep with your MUMSY shocked shocked shocked. Pele ooo embarassed embarassed embarassed . . . stop projecting cause that culture of yours is not mine. If you are unhappy sleeping with your MUMSY why not just STOP, or is that out of the question? Abi is that one too against your fanatical ideologies? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by amosy007: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
gidiMonsta: Islamic banking again? I tire for this islamophobists oo.

The Judge's statement is very flawed and if he had ruled in favour of Godwin, the CBN would have had the judgement easily thrown out at the Supreme Court. The judge knows this hence his locus standii excuse, there is no law that states that the CBN cannot issue a license to a bank to run Islamic banking.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, heck! There are Church-owned Universities in Nigeria that forces all students to take bible study classes, is that NUC approved?

Nigeria is a secular state, where you're free to practice ur religion as long as it doesn't infringe on others[b], so unless someone can tell me how Islamic banking affects you now and not some conspiracy crap, [/b]y'all can stop making noise and let's move on to more pressing issues.
yes it does affect as long as sanusi run it on public fund ....remember how much tax payer s money belonging to both muslims and christians and atheist that he spent or sensitizing people on one fooolish boko haram bank
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by amosy007: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
violent:

What evidence do you have to prove that the Judge's statement must be very flawed? He's a Federal High court Judge and must have spent several years of his life studying and debating issues in Nigerian Law, what grounds do you have, either through experience or knowledge to challenge his claims?

He mentioned that there are no laws that gives the CBN powers to issue such license, and you,- a stu[i]p[/i]id cu[i]n[/i]t, probably without a dose of knowledge on the Nigerian constitution - are asking to see what laws prohibit the CBN from issuing such licence? The CBN as an insitution has it's boundaries and it's powers are defined within an act of the National Assembly!

What has this gotten to do with Church-owned Universities? We are talking about the deliberate, shameful, infamous, attempt to circumvent provisions of Nigerian laws by the people that ought to be role models of the society, and you are foaming trash about Christian owned Universities....who the hell said this is about religion? If the establishment of those Universities are not provided for by an act of the National Assembly then they must be illegal and should rightly be shut down as should this little infamous islamic banking project!

I am sick and tired of hypocritical Nigerians who demand integrity, honesty, Justice and selflessness from their leaders, but are themselves happy to see the law pissed upon as long as it suits their own selfish religious/tribal interests!

Well said...1000+
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by amosy007: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
boysy: With d name Islamic speaks volume. Nigerian especially our christian brothers in d south are totally disappointed with d Islam with d level of bloodshed of innocent pple in d name of religion. Wheras Islam being d religion of peace suppose to promote peace. So constitutional or unconstitutional d name Islam sounds babaric to our christian brothers no matter d none interest stuff. To me Sanusi Lamido is on his own as north is concern.

grin grin cheesy
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by adaybayor(m): 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, unfortunately for you, that is not how the law works. Please pick up a book to learn how the law works rather than posting random gibberish that pops to the front of your brain pool there.

Your post above is why, right before the last election, I suggested we organize a group to go out to townhalls to educate, even the so-called educated youths on how the law works and how democracy works.

I can clearly see that you have conveniently convinced your mind that that those who are for implementing the law are anti-islam, so I will waste no more of my time. Goodluck !

Stop making α̲̅ f.o.o.l of your self, I bet you must know the law better than the judge,
Yes they are anti-islamic just like you have also conviniently convinced yourself that boko-haram represent the generality of muslims.
Α̲̅ lier is far more easier to cope with than α̲̅ hypocrite with million mouth, who are you decieving? Certainly not me!!!
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
mabcos: ...AKA SHARIA LAW. THINK ABOUT SHARIA COURT. SO WHAT ARE U BLABING? WETHER U BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THAT OF ALMIGHTY GOD IS THE SUPREME.

Please learn to read . . . ENGLISH LANGUAGE!
Again . . . (let me space it out for you so you can better see since this was a response to a particular post)
Kobojunkie:
Islamic law Banking is not LEGAL according to Nigerian constitution.

If you love it(i.e ISLAMIC BANKING) so much, go to countries where it(i.e ISLAMIC BANKING) is legal [/b]and take advantage of them to your hearts content. In Nigeria it(i.e [b]ISLAMIC BANKING) is ILLEGAL and so should be done away with.

Note: Sharia Law, and it's implementation in Nigeria [b]IS NOT EQUAL [/b]ISLAMIC BANKING. Those are two completely different things. That provisions are made for establishment of Sharia courts in there does not then mean Islam can go HAYWIRE all over Nigeria implementing all it wants to.
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by adaybayor(m): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
amosy007: yes it does affect as long as sanusi run it on public fund ....remember how much tax payer s money belonging to both muslims and christians and atheist that he spent or sensitizing people on one fooolish boko haram bank

All the BS you have written is pure conspiracy, support your arguments with facts and figure or STFU!!!
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by luv2talk(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
What else should we expect fron Justice GABRIEL Kolawole
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by BetaThings: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
ismhab:
WHEN LAST DID U SLEEP WITH UR MUMSY U SON OF BIT.CH, BASTERD, BED SHEARER.
Please let us not go this way
We can make points without rancour, no matter the pressure
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Akpan107(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
adaybayor:

Nust you go to Jaiz? If you can't meet their terms and conditions then stay away! Simple.
and what is their term and condition? Do i also need to be converted...?
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by Dankota1: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY I DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING WHEN NIGERIA BORROWED FROM I.O.C
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by adaybayor(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
Akpan107: and what is their term and condition? Do i also need to be converted...?

Noooo, your religion doesn't count
Re: Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court by GAR3TH(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Edit double post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funtua Katsina Dry Port May Commence Operations In May / Ngige: Nigerians Should Be Clapping For Buhari Every Day & Thanking Us After God / Again, Pipeline Explodes At Alimosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.