Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Does ' The One' Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does ' The One' Exist? (1274 Views)

Please Help Me Biko, Do Such Guys Still Exist?? / What Does The Opposite Sex Does In Your Presence Dat Irritates You? / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does ' The One' Exist? by Geminilove(f): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
People talk about he was the one, she was the one. Does the one exisit for everyoneht? How would you qualify the one? What are your thoughts?
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
My thoughts:
Your belief in the existence of "the one" is dependent on your definition and interpretation of what "the one" means to you. In matters having to do with the heart and emotions, it helps to be very realistic in our expectations. If you have always entertained the thought that there is a special prince charming waiting for you to come into your life and sweep you off your feet, perhaps, it's not too late for you to wake up and smell the darned coffee.
On the other hand, realizing that no one is perfect and that no matter how pretty or handsome you are, you are not flawless will help you see people for who they really are, see their flaws, and see if you can manage those flaws, just as he or she will be ready to manage yours.
If you have found someone that reasonably puts your needs over theirs, in a selfless way, some one that sincerely appreciates your strengths while lovingly reminding you or your weaknesses and how to deal with them, someone who is not ashamed of you, some one who loves you for love, and not for money, sex or your future potentials, then i believe you have found the one.
Reciprocate the feelings he or she has for you, and live your life happily, even though you will occasionally misunderstand and correct each other. "the one" exists. . . If you search in the right context! wink
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by MrCork17: 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Geminilove: People talk about he was the one, she was the one. Does the one exisit for everyoneht? How would you qualify the one? What are your thoughts?

*The one who loves you will always make you weep* wink
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by xynerise: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
THE ONE: starring Jet li cool
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
She was the one, he was the one what do you make of that? Past tense. Really to some extent, The One does exist for everybody grin You know that feeling and inner believe you have within yourself where you actually think that you and your BF or GF are meant to be together till eternity? Helloooo!!! The world is wrapped around miseries because you can't predict tomorrow that's why so many people run to prophets/pastors/seers to seek what the future actually hold for them relationship wise. Though for me, i think is bullshit, because i believe God owns my destiny, he has molded it and i don't have to think one person is THE ONE for me because the world is wrapped with Uncertainties. I hope you get my drift alright, let me tell you this. There was a particular guy going out with a particular girl and they've been together for almost 7yrs! when it was time to settle down, you know how it is with most churches where they ask the couples to go for blood tests to know their Genotypes After the genotype issue, they discovered that they were both AS. Which means they are not compatible scientifically in terms of blood genotype. And if they go ahead with the marriage, it would be a disaster for them because they would give rise to children with SS genotype(sicklers). Now fast forward to the future, after both the Girl and guy decided to break up after so much counseling, they still think they are meant for each other grin grin so they clause "THE ONE" does exist for everybody which is somehow physical and nonfictional because it always ends up not good, while the clause "THE REAL ONE" does exist and that's what you end up with provided you follow Spirituality.

Cheers
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
lmao @ "The Real One"
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by Mynd44: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
xynerise: THE ONE: starring Jet li cool
That was one hell of a movie.
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by cindyrella(f): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mynd_44:
That was one hell of a movie.

Yeah u can say that again!
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by Geminilove(f): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
I am not talking about the movie oooo.
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2012
Yeah. But for me alone.
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by pendo89(f): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by xynerise: 12:29am On Jun 18, 2012
Geminilove: I am not talking about the movie oooo.
I want u to talk about the movie
Re: Does ' The One' Exist? by maryini(f): 2:10am On Jun 18, 2012
@OP...thinking that we all have a "the one" presupposes that we only have one chance at marital bliss....what about those ppl that their "fated mates" die? R u trying to say they wud
never find love or happiness again?

I personally do not subscribe to such mentality, although I do believe there only a few number of ppl we can truly be happy with...If we are lucky to find them in this life.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Always Want Their Guy To Pet Them? / How To Be Respected And Still Be A Lady / Guys:do U Stay Away From Marriage because U Av To Pay For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.