Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers (3234 Views)

NYSC 2014 Batch B Corpers; Where Is Your Place Of Primary Assignment (PPA)? / Passing-out Parade Of 2012 Batch-A Corpers (Pictures) / Nysc: Where Have You Been Posted To? Lets Share! 2012 Batch A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by donanadave(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
i am a batch A corper presently serving in Bayelsa state. Most of you will think that since its an oil state the state alawi will be good and considerate but that is not the case here o. When i saw my posting letter i was very happy that i was going to an oil state and most of my friends were even happy for me. But on getting to the camp i saw otherwise. The camp is one of the worst. If u are posted to yenagoa (state capital) you will be paid 3000, anywhere on land 4000 and across water 5000. So if you are planning on working your service to bayelsa you better think twice. I wish you all the best prospective OTONDOS
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by sen8or(m): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2012
Eiya just endure ......
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Ezemarcel(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2012
tnx o
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Nedu31(m): 10:24am On Jun 17, 2012
How about Lasgidi(lagos)?because i work mine there.
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Richy4(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
I got a similar experience in that state too. But the difference between me and you was that you were happy when you Got your letter that you were posted in that state.I guess that service was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.and that was 2005/06

The reason was I have a phobia for water.I have the mentality then that all Bayelsa was covered with water.so when my best Friend called me and told me about it I panicked.I then asked him where he was posted. he told me the same state.that was when I started smelling a rat,I asked him the possibility of posting two friends in one state.I pressed him,until he told me he pulled a button with his uncle. he said some crap about oil companies looking for corp-members in that state and all the bull shit.I was really mad with him men.30mins journey on boat,was not my kind of service,no matter how oily the state was.beside that, dying on the dirty Bayelsa river is not a dignified death to wish for an enemy. anyways that was how I found my self in that state.

when we got to the Camp my Bro, The rain was on us. There was no fine Girl or 'A.J' in that camp grin.Every one looked the same "Moody and muddy" .We were ask to buy a sorry looking rubber boot popularly called "Okocha" because the ground was slippery,if you use the normal one provided by the authority, you will fall at every step u made and also you would want to throw it away the next day because it has changed colour.

Guys falling due to the slippery nature of the place was just normal to an extent you got tired of saying sorry to people that are falling.All our parade was done under the rain.the parade ground was covered with mud.Platoon 9 and 10 was the deepest. and I was in platoon 10.we could not even lift our boot for any command because the mud swallowed our boot. I remembered when the deputy Governor Goodluck Jonathan now the president was walking around as guard of honor, came to our platoon,one pair of his shoes sank on the mud.he could not lift it. his aids came to his rescue and removed the shoes from the deep mud.I and my friends where punished for laughing on parade because of that.I will not forget to add here that he was humble to the core.NYSC Officials wanted to give him a boot for the parade but he refused it. he said he wanted to feel what we were feeling.that was how we came to like him for those behavior he exhibited.(N.B The then Governor was arrested in UK for money wahala)

The Army officials sensed that what we expected or what we were been told before coming to camp. the excitement, the fun etc. was not what we were seeing,every slightest provocation you would be asked to lie on the mud.If you refused to go on parade, they will come in and empty a bucket of muddy water on your bed.chei!!Because of that terrible condition,doing that parade, I quickly jumped into HIV programme called peer educator in that Camp.we became the bigger boys while others were parading under the rain,we were listening to boring lecture on AIDS.better than the other pathetic option abi? wink
When you get to the hostel, the odor coming out from all angle due to the dirty socks and muddy shoes was another matter.every one was waiting for the three weeks orientation to pass.During the main posting,I realized that the HIV official will be the one to send us to where ever they like.so the ambition of serving in oil company was lost.oh my friend was posted at the university in the state while my humble self was parceled to a secondary local school in Okolobiri.15 Mins to the Capital City.there, we jumped into another challenge network reception.no network in the house.we just have to hang our phone on a tree and wait for call. I do not know about now but then,their mosquitoes could penetrate your jeans and bite.very special and aggressive breed grin, how I survived those ordeal, I could not really tell.when I look at those pictures, I would proudly say I truly served my father land Nigeria before I disappeared from it

6 Likes

Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Toluth(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
@Richy... Nice experience u got there..but I wouldn't wish it on mysef and my enemies alike...
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Toluth(m): 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
@all..pls I heard there are some groups u can join during orientation that are very beneficial to ppa placement..pls can u tell us some of these groups, so when we get to camp, we will be able to choose the right ones...
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by donanadave(m): 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2012
Toluth: @all..pls I heard there are some groups u can join during orientation that are very beneficial to ppa placement..pls can u tell us some of these groups, so when we get to camp, we will be able to choose the right ones...
you can join OBS (orientation broadcasting service), if you are good in sports either vollyball or football try to make yourself known when you get there. You can also make friends with some of the military men or your platoon officer. Participating in fire nite activities such as miss pretty face, macho man can also help. I wish u d best.......
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by aniscoblue: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
grin grin grin grin it was a very rough experinces tho u learnt something from there
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Toluth(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
donanadave: you can join OBS (orientation broadcasting service), if you are good in sports either vollyball or football try to make yourself known when you get there. You can also make friends with some of the military men or your platoon officer. Participating in fire nite activities such as miss pretty face, macho man can also help. I wish u d best.......
thanks man... I play football for fun sometimes though..but I wont mind that OBS!...will take note of it...

1 Like

Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by delt2010(m): 5:16am On Nov 05, 2012
I was also in Bayelsa (Batch B, 2006), then there was nothing like batch C.
September in Kaiama was very tough, every where in camp was rough.
I also saw GEJ, he was already Gov then, he came for swearing in and pass out or Orientaion camp.
I was posted to Amasomma, the home town of Alams, although the pay was Just 6k in the private prymary schl I served, accomodation was free.
It was all fun tru the service year, I also had the opportunity of seeing the then president OBJ when came on a state visit, I was there live on parade when he commisioned our lodge.
The most unfortunate thing was that Amasomma was not connected to the national grid and I left the state the following day after POP in Aug 2007.
Re: Warning To Prospective 2012 Batch B Corpers by Akieagle: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2012
But I hope the stress won't be too much this time..because I am a batch C corper going to serve in bayelsa,I heard it as been postpone by 2wk cos of flooding ova dere.I hope mine own case lll be different.tanks

(1) (Reply)

Corpers And Ex Corpers To Protest Non Payment Of Allowee In Kaduna - Streethubng / See Plateau Orientation Camp Guys Hostel In Year 2097 / If I Were You, I Will.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.