Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Farouk Lawan Released On Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Released On Bail (11105 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Murphy7h4: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2012
BUMPS grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Osama10(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2012
Just leave these people alone, they know what they are doing.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by ebamma(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2012
im still watching this movie,i hope it will not end as the other national assembly probe movies .
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by chiteny(m): 10:04am On Jun 17, 2012
ebamma: im still watching this movie,i hope it will not end as the other national assembly probe movies .

I am only watching to see how you will be very disappointed. Right from the word "go" i knew nothing will come out of this case. I am only just waiting for FL to resume sitting at the house of reps with great celebration to welcome him back from some few days of rest by his other colleagues.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by waja(m): 10:05am On Jun 17, 2012
Clerverly: These are the things i can deduce from the whole drama:
1. There was no sting operation involving the SSS. Otedola recorded the whole movie himself.

2. The money was never marked.

3. Farouk only involved the Police when he was tipped of the recording.

4. Otedola handed over to the police the audio and video they are branding about.

5. Farouk and Otedola are guilty as charged.

6. Nothing else will come out this because the objective has been achieved and surppassed.

Jona and PDP i no go better for una!!!
. Guy, na only your name dey correct from all ur statement.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by obailala(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2012
Clerverly: These are the things i can deduce from the whole drama:
1. There was no sting operation involving the SSS. Otedola recorded the whole movie himself.

2. The money was never marked.

3. Farouk only involved the Police when he was tipped of the recording.

4. Otedola handed over to the police the audio and video they are branding about.

5. Farouk and Otedola are guilty as charged.

6. Nothing else will come out this because the objective has been achieved and surppassed.

Jona and PDP i no go better for una!!!

I agree with you 101%.
If those notes were marked at all, then it must have been by Otedola himself.
The SSS had nothing to do with the whole operation.
Otedola simply took the initiative as a cunning man and recorded the deal just incase 'yawa gas' in future.
The initiative of otedola has just turned out to be the saving grace of GEJ and his PDP family (which includes alll the subsidy fraudsters)
Otedollar would be handsomely rewarded by PDP for this his action while nigeria continues to suffer
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by edicolove: 10:17am On Jun 17, 2012
Funny Nairaland peeps and their ignorant posts!

You can't charge him to court. Its weekend. And you can't detain him for over 48 hours. They've only followed the normal procedure. The same people talking here were shouting about GEJ not following procedure when MAU was renamed. Double speak I guess.

Why is it that ACN supporters are trying to defend Lawan? I thought they are for the fight against corruption and they always preach that there should be no sacred cows? Its amazing how we discover each day how partisan these peeps are. They figure the integrity group will undermine PDP and that's what's important to them, not Nigeria's progress. I know MBA will come out to back Lawan too, just watch. They will claim it is a ploy to destroy subsidy report and ask everyone to ignore the Lawan issue.

Its getting clearer that we have no viable opposition in Nigeria, just a bunch of hypocrites seeking power change so they can loot for themselves. Look at the way their house of reps members shouted 'aye' to the Farouk request without asking questions and are also part of the group trying to cover for Lawan. PDP will win 2015 easily. Fact!

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by blancason: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2012
[quote author=edicolove]

Why is it that ACN supporters are trying to defend Lawan? I thought they are for the fight against corruption and they always preach that there should be no sacred cows? Its amazing how we discover each day how partisan these peeps are. They figure the integrity group will undermine PDP and that's what's important to them, not Nigeria's progress.

boy you are either confused or just plainly stupid. i dont see any support from ACN as u blurted except ileke idi who i think is not an ACN supporter. d fact dat 1 is yoruba does not translate to being ACN mr bigot.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by odutope(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2012
A very big distraction from the fuel subsidy probe..may God help dis corrupt country
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2012
odutope: A very big distraction from the fuel subsidy probe..may God help dis corrupt country
Do you mean the subsidy probe, by Facrook, who has received bribes from all marketers to doctor report ? Can you cal such report authentic even with the bribe he took from the marketers, young man, where is thy common sense ?
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by bakila: 10:51am On Jun 17, 2012
Whatever happened between farouk and femi would still be in the hands of those who will spin the situation to their benefit because Lawan wont be brought to trial that will end in acquittal or conviction. That the Police are still handling a matter arising from a sting operation of another law enforcement agency means the drama is not anywhere near a trial that will reveal the liar through evidence in open court, not in a pen video that has refused to appear on youtube for us to enjoy.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by murabs(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2012
mosalab: D police have to realese him 4 him to be able to gather d money 4rm d benefactors provided dey've not spend d money... Facrook! Dats gonna be easy task 4 u nao... Just borrow d money 4rm ur senior legislooters nd mark d money in comparison to d sample wit u... Lobatan... NPF are too dullllllll or toooooo korupt....
The mark in quesion is just a serial number, its not possible for him to reproduce such except if the are fake dollars.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by richiemania: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2012
Y should D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y release ds guy
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by kiyosaki1(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2012
having gone through all the comment emanating from nairalanders the only thing that comes to my mind is that we are all poor students of history cos if we are we should know that nothing concrete will come out of all this make belief by all the actors involved in these they are not real they are just film trick so let nobody works him or her self up cos you will all be disappoint at the end cos their are more to all these than we are seeing let just pretends that it really never happens and discuss more serious issues that are begging for our attention cos neither you nor me is a player talk less or being a pawn in the whole game we are just spectators
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by chimuchi(f): 11:12am On Jun 17, 2012
[size=28pt]released on bail. what next?[/size]
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by NwaTeacher1: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2012
Where are all corrupt. No hope 4 nigeria again
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by ifysoft: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2012
Fellow Nigerians,

Its a pity our president and his Gang in Government have decided to play us like football.

We all are in our different homes typing about farouk and otedela only. The fact remains that what we are hearing and facing now has been well arranged even before fuel price went up to 96 Naira. We all Learnt Farouk got 620K USD, as bribe but this morning we learnt he has been released by our so called police,So now we assume Farouk is not a criminal because he should have been charged to court with all the evidence against him. But lets not be surprised there is no evidence what so ever,lets forget all those stories. Its a packaged story.. Where is Emenalo who got 120k USD from the 620k ? ...

I am just trying to help us all understand the fact that,The subsidy probe report has just been murdered and buried as planned in January and let us all brace ourselves because the fuel will still shoot up to 141 Naira as stated in January.

Fellow Nigerians,Farouk got many millions in USD from the Government in January to play this role, deceiving Nigerians and its painful we all have been played again. I weep for my dear nation Nigeria.

I dont know the way forward,I really dont know but what i stated above is clearly as it is now and Fellow Nigerians we sure need to look for a way forward.. Lets forget this Farouk and otedola case...It is a no case.. If the Government want to show us they have our interest in heart,Let them get the subsidy gang arrested and have them prosecuted but i am sure that wont happen cos they are all involved. GEJ TOO>>>>>

God Help Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Kobojunkie: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2012
Wetin person no go hear again for this please? Criminals are never charged for any crimes on friday, Saturday and Sunday? ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by burgess: 11:28am On Jun 17, 2012
Otedola has a question to answer. This is a case of a giver and a taker of bribe. B4 now did zenon boss discuss d allegation b4 any of d criminal agencies like icpc,efcc or d police? Lawan was claiming he reported d mata to committee on narcotic,and oda financial crimes y d chairman of d committee said he never received any report. Who is fooling who? Lawan and otedola should be questioned,tried and if any of them found wanting. If have want wanting, dat person should be jailed. Long live nigeria. Olorogun (sir) ernie
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Koolface4u: 11:30am On Jun 17, 2012
Hmmm! Another fresh air 4rm uncle jona cabinet!
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Kobojunkie: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2012
ifysoft:
I am just trying to help us all understand the fact that,The subsidy probe report has just been murdered and buried as planned in January and let us all brace ourselves because the fuel will still shoot up to 141 Naira as stated in January.

Let's not spread rumors now. The senate,only on Friday, assured the people that the Probe report stands, and that it is still up to the President to ensure it is implemented. The senate also recommended that the Name of the 2 companies be put back on the list, even as investigations into their involvement continues.

Let's stop mixing that issue, with this issue.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Biggyd2: 11:43am On Jun 17, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Bode George was released from prison after stealing 100 billion naira and spending just a year+ in his palatable air conditioned cell(mansion), he decided to make a thanks giving at his church. This is not even the issue. . .

Now, guess who was in attendance, two serving ministers, fomer president and the first lady( wife of president jonathan).

OBJ squandered about 16 billion dollars on power in his eight years of presidency and couldn't even provide single additional megawatts to our national grid. This is not even the issue. . .

Now, guess what happened to him? Nada!!!

We were told that IBB and Raymond Dopkesi masterminded the twin bombings in abuja that took the lives of some 22 innocent nigerians. This is not the even the issue. . .

Now, guess what happened to them? Raymond Dokpesi was made director of jonathan's media team and IBB is being consulted regularly by Jonathan, as a political mentor.

-Kini big deal?! So, Fa-crook's case is just moi-moi. PDP share the MONEY!

Thank you very much. This is my fear; will anything come out of this so long as their People Demonic Party is in charge of Aso Rock and hovering round Nigeria like evil spirits. Not that I have hope in so many of the other parties though.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by ifysoft: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let's not spread rumors now. The senate,only on Friday, assured the people that the Probe report stands, and that it is still up to the President to ensure it is implemented. The senate also recommended that the Name of the 2 companies be put back on the list, even as investigations into their involvement continues.

Let's stop mixing that issue, with this issue.

Dude,this is no rumor,its a clear fact that we all know.. ask yourself this Can anything good come out of this present issue and government?

Its good you are trying to be positive but menh... AS some will say it... understanding lo mata...
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Finland(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2012
Who should set the bail conditions and grant an accused a bail? A policeman or a judge? How does judiciary work in Nigeria?
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Sealeddeal(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2012
If 2015 election is not free and fair,then monkey and dogs will all be soaked in blood.Guy,if corruption is our probs,let buhari rule us but if corruption is a symptom of our probs,then let another capable hand rule.this is in excess.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by Kobojunkie: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2012
ifysoft:

Dude,this is no rumor,its a clear fact that we all know.. ask yourself this Can anything good come out of this present issue and government?

Its good you are trying to be positive but menh... AS some will say it... understanding lo mata...

Nigerians have been assured by the House that Subsidy Probe will be as is.

Whatever else you think is besides that, and wherever this scandal goes will not, and should not change that.

I am not trying to be positive but simply not getting myself get carried away by allegations that have yet to be SUBSTANTIATED. None of you have seen even an ounce of the claimed evidence, but you have about concluded that it is all over.
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by freshmoney(m): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
It's not unusual for NIGERIA political thugs to get exonerated. Farouk is still going to be held in a more viable position(seat), painful though, but a bitter truth. In Nigeria, affluent criminals go unhampered, while they petty thieves are either beheaded or jailed for life. After all this hocus pocus, and bunkum aired, is Farouk not finally freed? Under Jonathan's regime, nobody( NO political thief) gets jailed and that's the fact!
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by freshmoney(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Nigerians have been assured by the House that Subsidy Probe will be as is.

Whatever else you think is besides that, and wherever this scandal goes will not, and should not change that.

I am not trying to be positive but simply not getting myself get carried away by allegations that have yet to be SUBSTANTIATED. None of you have seen even an ounce of the claimed evidence, but you have about concluded that it is all over.

Farouk's scandal was only an adulterated shenanigan played by PDP sycophants to avert the subsidy probe. They know Nigerians are easily, politically maneuvered. The political game features Otedola who is a core PDP financier, and Farouk, who at the end of the whole scenario, freed on jail, and nothing, zero will be heard again after this, interestingly!
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by freshmoney(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2012
freshmoney: It's not unusual for NIGERIA political thugs to get exonerated. Farouk is still going to be held in a more viable position(seat), painful though, but a bitter truth. In Nigeria, affluent criminals go unhampered, while the petty thieves are either beheaded or jailed for life. After all this hocus pocus, and bunkum aired, is Farouk not finally freed? Under Jonathan's regime, nobody( NO political thief) gets jailed and that's the fact!
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by freshmoney(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by azimibraun: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
Funny hw u guys hv 4goten the Time & Event policy of the PDP and nigerian ruling class.. MAULAG overtaken by time and event, subsidy probe report overtaken by time and event, Dis whole farouk and otedola bribery drama, soon to be overtaken by time and event. Naija home of time and event. Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Released On Bail by azimibraun: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
If i may add, guys why hasnt the cbn say anything abt the alleged $300million,we here it paid 2 otedola? Such infos cld help any ivestigation. Fake as they may be sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning / NBA To Hold Emergency NEC Meeting Tomorrow / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.