Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Arming The Faithful Against Logic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arming The Faithful Against Logic (6552 Views)

Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / October Devotion Where Are The Faithful Catholics? / How Jehovah Witness Called The Faithful Apostles False Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arming The Faithful Against Logic by DeepSight(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2012
I sit right now at the service for House on the Rock at Eko Hotel.

Please do not ask me what i am doing here. Its just business, nothing personal.

Pastor Paul Adefarasin is howling his lungs out. Whoever said this fella doesn't work hard for his money.

It has always intrigued me that the faithful do not readily see what a sham religion, and particularly the commercial brand of christianity, has become - particularly in Nigeria. It has always amazed me that simple logic will not faze the faithful. Now i am having a slight peak into the fact that the sheep are actually armed against logic by these 'Men of God'...

Here are some of the sound bites that the Pastor has REPEATEDLY drummed into the faithful today -

"Be prepared for the persecution of criticism and contrary opinions"

"Don't listen to the spritit of thosse who will criticize your faith and belief, dont listen to those opinions about our beliefs"

"Every body is entitled to their opinion. You are also entitled not to listen to their opinions"...

I am still here. Now i can see what goes thru the mind of the faithful when faced with logical arguments from atheists or other 'non-believers'... They are well coached to reject logic... The booming voice of the Pastor's encouragement must ring in their souls..."we are not to yield to the persecution of criticism... We should not listen to those opinions...we are entitled not to listen to their critical views....

Amen...

4 Likes

Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by logicboy: 10:52am On Jun 17, 2012
Deep Sight:

I am still here. Now i can see what goes thru the mind of the faithful when faced with logical arguments from atheists or other 'non-believers'... They are well coached to reject logic... The booming voice of the Pastor's encouragement must ring in their souls..."we are not to yield to the persecution of criticism... We should not listen to those opinions...we are entitled not to listen to their critical views....

Amen...

Amen
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by DeepSight(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2012
On another note i wonder just how much it costs to take this here nice banquet hall of the Eko Expo centre for this service. I know that this hall is often split into smaller parts for most events as it is just massive. The service is taking the full hall, undivided. I am just wondering if the best use of this money, for a charitable organization such as a church, is renting this hall. Anybody know how much it costs?
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 17, 2012
Deep Sight:
On another note i wonder just how much it costs to take this here nice banquet hall of the Eko Expo centre for this service. I know that this hall is often split into smaller parts for most events as it is just massive. The service is taking the full hall, undivided. I am just wondering if the best use of this money, for a charitable organization such as a church, is renting this hall. Anybody know how much it costs?
Quite expensive...more than a million.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 17, 2012
Deep Sight:

Pastor Paul Adefarasin is howling his lungs out. Whoever said this fella doesn't work hard for his money.

It has always intrigued me that the faithful do not readily see what a sham religion, and particularly the commercial brand of christianity, has become - particularly in Nigeria. It has always amazed me that simple logic will not faze the faithful. Now i am having a slight peak into the fact that the sheep are actually armed against logic by these 'Men of God'...

Here are some of the sound bites that the Pastor has REPEATEDLY drummed into the faithful today -

"Don't listen to the spritit of thosse who will criticize your faith and belief, dont listen to those opinions about our beliefs"

"Every body is entitled to their opinion. You are also entitled not to listen to their opinions"...

Amen...

You are a strong man!!! The last time I stepped foot inside a church was 2 years ago to pacify my mom, I was filled with disgust within 5 minutes and I walked out. I think she knows not to ask me again.

1 Like

Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 17, 2012
Deep Sight:

Remember when you said no one can criticize the teachings of jesus and I called his chrished beautitudes nothing but mere platitudes?

Well, that's what the religion feeds them, platitudes which reinforces the craziness and gives them a sense of superiority.

"Blessed are those who are persecuted in my name, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by mazaje(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2012
Martian:

You are a strong man!!! The last time I stepped foot inside a church was 2 years ago to pacify my mom, I was filled with disgust within 5 minutes and I walked out. I think she knows not to ask me again.

I just came back from Nigeria yesterday,was there for 2 weeks. . .I attended 2 churches, one to show my business partner that I was a devoted Christian and the other one to meet up with a guy that will help me get something done. The first church was just a normal church service, nothing spectacular apart from the fact that they had four different offerings. . . .Message was about marriage. My business partner, a very rich man and church elder was celebrating his wedding anniversary so the message was about marriage. . .It was good actually cos the guest speaker was blunt and on point. His advice were sound. His basic message for a lasting marriage was for men was to love their wives as christ loved the church and died for it(Men are to love their wives as they love themselves) and for women to always submit to their husbands with love and tolerance since the man is the head of the family, women are not to drag over the headship of the home with their husbands. Some crazy jargoons here and there but overall it was good.

The second service was at Christ embassy in one of the southern states. . .I am very serious, these people are thieves. WTF!!!. . .The pastor and the members of the church are all theives, how can people really listen to that foolish pastor and still come back the next sunday . . . .The guy was just lying, confusing, deluding and making a fool of himself and the people listening to him. . . .He actually said that he doesn't care if some of the people there were gainfully employed or not, all he knows is that once they sow the seed, god will speak to their accounts. Pounds, euros, dollars, naira anything, if they operate international bank accounts god will touch it and fill it up, if it is local god will also touch and fill it up, weather they are employed or not god will bless their bank accounts so they should speak prosperity to their accounts bla bla bla. . .There will be endless testimonies very soon he said. . .Come and see how people were sweating and praying. . .WTF!!!!. . . .Pastor Chris said this pastor Chris said that, the bible says this, the bible says that bla bla bla.....Speak to your bank accounts bla bla bla. . .Deluded goons. . .Why the F*CK do people actually believe these crazy pastors?. . .When you tell people such lies outside the church they will not pay attention to you, but inside the church everything goes due to fear. . .Its very pathetic. . .

2 Likes

Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by mazaje(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2012
double post
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
mazaje:
I just came back from Nigeria yesterday,was there for 2 weeks. . .I attended 2 churches, one to show my business partner that I was a devoted Christian and the other one to meet up with a guy that will help me get something done. The first church was just a normal church service, nothing spectacular apart from the fact that they had four different offerings. . . .Message was about marriage. My business partner, a very rich man and church elder was celebrating his wedding anniversary so the message was about marriage. . .It was good actually cos the guest speaker was blunt and on point. His advice were sound. His basic message for a lasting marriage was for men was to love their wives as christ loved the church and died for it(Men are to love their wives as they love themselves) and for women to always submit to their husbands with love and tolerance since the man is the head of the family, women are not to drag over the headship of the home with their husbands. Some crazy jargoons here and there but overall it was good.

I haven't been opportuned to go because of business, but if that chance arises,I hope Im in the position to determine the venue...............and it sure isn't going to be anywhere a house of delusion. But I will go for marriage or whatnot if I respect the person gettig married....ill just make sure I'm sky high and the kackass on the pulpit doesn't say anything to hilarious.........i might just burst out laughing. Awkward....

mazaje:
The second service was at Christ embassy in one of the southern states. . .I am very serious, these people are thieves. WTF!!!. . .The pastor and the members of the church are all theives, how can people really listen to that foolish pastor and still come back the next sunday . . . .The guy was just lying, confusing, deluding and making a fool of himself and the people listening to him. . . .He actually said that he doesn't care if some of the people there were gainfully employed or not, all he knows is that once they sow the seed, god will speak to their accounts. Pounds, euros, dollars, naira anything, if they operate international bank accounts god will touch it and fill it up, if it is local god will also touch and fill it up, weather they are employed or not god will bless their bank accounts so they should speak prosperity to their accounts bla bla bla. . .There will be endless testimonies very soon he said. . .Come and see how people were sweating and praying. . .WTF!!!!. . . .Pastor Chris said this pastor Chris said that, the bible says this, the bible says that bla bla bla.....Speak to your bank accounts bla bla bla. . .Deluded goons. . .Why the F*CK do people actually believe these crazy pastors?. . .When you tell people such lies outside the church they will not pay attention to you, but inside the church everything goes due to fear. . .Its very pathetic. . .

When I say I truly hate pastors,bishops,MOGs and any other mystic, it's becuase of these behaviours of enslaving people's minds. That is the one of the greatest crime a man can commit agaisnt a fellow man. .
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Kay17: 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
This is where Faith comes in. An alternate path to discern reality, just that God, bible, pastor, Jesus, angels etc are absolute and unquestionable.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by plaetton: 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
I used to go to Chris okotie's Household church once in while just to pacify my wife and kids. I used to leave the sevice with so much anger and headaches. This guy, in my opinion, has a benign form of mental illness. He runs a one man show. Its all about him and him alone. I think he reads the dictionary the night before because he bombards his flock with big big words that, in sentences, have little or no meanings.
He reads books on parapsychology, then makes it his sermon for a particular service as a new revelation from the holy ghost.He is hilarious.
I have been tempted on a number of occasions to stand up and shout" Liar".

I really marvel at how throngs of people,especially ones with a basic education, can sit for three hours, listen to and absorb sooo much crap.
Just as my soul resonates joyfully in the presence of truth, it also desonates in the presence of carefully crafted lies and absurdities. So even though it used to provide comedic relief for me, the irritation to my spirit was getting too much to bear, so I stopped going.

Prof. Wole Shoyinka once lamented, amany many years ago, that there was a dearth of intelligence in the land.
Today, I say there is an epidemic of stupidity in the land.

It seems that there is a deliberate and accelerated dumbing down of the population. All thse pentecostal mega churches seem to have their origins and draw their inspirations from America.

Hey Martian, I smell conspiracy.
Could this whole insidiously toxic pentecostal invasion be just a CIA sponsored psych-ops programs? It is well organized, excellently choreographed and perfectly delivered. The effects on a population can be calculated with mathematical precision.

Do we remember Jonestown Gyanna? That was a cia program, an experiment in mass delusion and brainwashing. It was a success right to the end.

Does anyone notice the relationship between introduction of SAP(structural adjustment programs) and the meteoric rise of pentecostalis and religious fundamentalism worldwide?. SAP destroys economies and the petecostals or islamists move in to ensnare the brains of the confused masses.
Benny Hinn is both a Cia and mossad agent, as are Bonke, Billy Graham and the certified nutcase Pat Robertson.

Just my observations.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2012
You want to be called a con theorist? Plaetton? Its ok if christians call you that we know why. But i feel anger when an atheist like Martian thinks you dont make sense.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
plaetton: Hey Martian, I smell conspiracy.

consipracies do exist but I think even the best ones eventually get exposed. Even Nixon couldn't stop watergate. But be that as it may, lets talk about our dear black people. If we look at it within reason, I think it can be reasonably explained without allusions to consiparies.

plaetton:
Could this whole insidiously toxic pentecostal invasion be just a CIA sponsored psych-ops programs? It is well organized, excellently choreographed and perfectly delivered. The effects on a population can be calculated with mathematical precision.

I think it starts with the african/black culture and it's inherent beliefs in the supernatural. Couple this with the pyschological effect of the foreigners who where able to prove these beliefs to be impotent by imposing thier version of supernatural beliefs,they proved to the gullible and ignorant minds of our ancestors that this "oyinbo juju pass our own". With the mind enslaved through brute force and superstitious coercion, the dumbing down of the black race began. We weren't dumber than the foreigners, it was their nature and ambition and our myopia and gullibility that has resulted in this persistent rot.
Economic exploitation that has resulted in brain drain and misappopriation of wealth from natural resources has contributed to the high illiteracy level and no matter what any apologist says, superstitious and religious beliefs are more prevalent among the ignorant. Hence, oyaks, okotie, adeboye and the rest of the scum.
Even in America, these same factors have contributed to the state of the african american community. but that's another story.

plaetton:
Do we remember Jonestown Gyanna? That was a cia program, an experiment in mass delusion and brainwashing. It was a success right to the end.

No, I just thinnk James Jones was a charismatic figure who was deluded by his dreams of a communist utopia and addled with mind bending drugs. No surprise that a majority of the victims were black. Victims of the american zeitgiest of that era and the ever present ignorance.

plaetton:
Does anyone notice the relationship between introduction of SAP(structural adjustment programs) and the meteoric rise of pentecostalis and religious fundamentalism worldwide?. SAP destroys economies and the petecostals or islamists move in to ensnare the brains of the confused masses.

Right, bad economic policies lead to delusioned masses who are then fleeced by the bastard mystics.

plaetton: Benny Hinn is both a Cia and mossad agent, as are Bonke, Billy Graham and the certified nutcase Pat Robertson.
Just my observations.

I just think they are conmen with enough willing customers.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
diluminati: You want to be called a con theorist? Plaetton? Its ok if christians call you that we know why. But i feel anger when an atheist like Martian thinks you dont make sense.

Why feel anger? I know I can be as a$$hole, but its only when you're not making sense and just expect people to believe it.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2012
In my opinion,if things are to get better, they have to start seeing things in a variation of ways similar to this.

This-worldliness Nietzsche introduces the concept of the Übermensch in contrast to the other-worldliness of Christianity: Zarathustra proclaims the Übermensch to be the meaning of the earth and[b] admonishes his audience to ignore those who promise other-worldly hopes in order to draw them away from the earth. The turn away from the earth is prompted, he says, by a dissatisfaction with life, a dissatisfaction that causes one to create another world in which those who made one unhappy in this life are tormented.[/b] The Übermensch is not driven into other worlds away from this one.

Zarathustra declares that the Christian escape from this world also required the invention of an eternal soul which would be separate from the body and survive the body's death. Part of other-worldliness, then, was the abnegation and mortification of the body, or asceticism. Zarathustra further links the Übermensch to the body and to interpreting the soul as simply an aspect of the body

'God is dead' means that the idea of God can no longer provide values. With the sole source of values no longer capable of providing those values, there is a real chance of nihilism prevailing.

Zarathustra presents the[b] Übermensch as the creator of new values.[/b] In this way, it appears as a solution to the problem of the death of God and nihilism. (and this nihilism can be found in a corrupt society where people try to find meaning to life by runnning to the most corrupt of people)

the creation of these new values cannot be motivated by the same instincts that gave birth to those tables of values. Instead, they must be motivated by a love of this world and of life.

Christian/Islamic value system rife in Nigeria **edit** as a reaction against life and hence destructive in a sense, the new values which the Übermensch will be responsible for will be life-affirming and creative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cbermensch

In short, Nigerians need to stop striving for the "afterlife" and concentrate more on ideas for this life. The real one. Maybe I'm just crazy.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Observer2(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2012
Nice obseravations guys. Would really appreciate it more if you guys post more often here to help renew the minds of our lost brothers to religion. Please keep it respectful,civil and if need be introduce them to books that woould aid them. Please remeber that these are sheeps that has been configured to listen to only the voice of MOD. This is not mission impossible....They will thank you guys latter. Remember the platos aligory of the cave?
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Purist(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2012
Nice one there, Deep Sight.

I still think, though, that the problem extends far beyond what goes on within the four walls of a church. There is a growing trend now of people who claim to be "non-religious" but "spiritual" and who don't go to church, they don't regard pastors, etc yet, they display some questionable characteristics. In fact, in my experience, although this set of people are usually generally a bit more reasonable than the regular bible-thumping church-goers, they are not exactly much different from the sheeple in question.

By the way, what do you guys think about this?: https://www.nairaland.com/966310/religious-experiences-result-god-chemical
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by PastorKun(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2012
cryptic: Quite expensive...more than a million.

Million ke? You must be kidding. It costs up to N20 million to rent the full expo centre at eko hotel using all their facilities. But I guess house of the rock would be given a discount being regular customers.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by harakiri(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
Martian:

2yrs? I can't even remember when i stepped last in church man. Maybe 4,5,6 years or there about.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by harakiri(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
mazaje:

The second service was at Christ embassy in one of the southern states. . .I am very serious, these people are thieves. WTF!!!. . .The pastor and the members of the church are all theives, how can people really listen to that foolish pastor and still come back the next sunday . . . .The guy was just lying, confusing, deluding and making a fool of himself and the people listening to him. . . .He actually said that he doesn't care if some of the people there were gainfully employed or not, all he knows is that once they sow the seed, god will speak to their accounts. Pounds, euros, dollars, naira anything, if they operate international bank accounts god will touch it and fill it up, if it is local god will also touch and fill it up, weather they are employed or not god will bless their bank accounts so they should speak prosperity to their accounts bla bla bla. . .[/b]There will be endless testimonies very soon he said. . .Come and see how people were sweating and praying. . .WTF!!!!. . . .Pastor Chris said this pastor Chris said that, the bible says this, the bible says that bla bla bla.....[b]Speak to your bank accounts bla bla bla. . .Deluded goons. . .Why the F*CK do people actually believe these crazy pastors?. . .When you tell people such lies outside the church they will not pay attention to you, but inside the church everything goes due to fear. . .Its very pathetic. . .

Dude,

You dey try ooo! How did you manage those few hours of blabbering?
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
harakiri:
2yrs? I can't even remember when i stepped last in church man. Maybe 4,5,6 years or there about.

I hadn't gone in years before that, so I just thought, "what's the harm". My brain still hasn't forgiven me for exposing it to such craziness.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Ishilove: 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2012
harakiri:

My guy na wa for u o
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by MyJoe: 11:28am On Jun 18, 2012
mazaje:
Why the F*CK do people actually believe these crazy pastors?. . .When you tell people such lies outside the church they will not pay attention to you, but inside the church everything goes due to fear. . .Its very pathetic. . .

The difficult part is accepting any belief system. Once you do, you swallow anything it spews out to you because you believe there is some spiritual authority behind it. Since spiritual authorities are higher than you, it matters not that anything does not make sense. In fact, the question of making sense does not arise anymore because you aren't looking for sense here.

The sensible way to deal with ideas fed to you is to be trying to refute them, but with religion, the reverse is often the case - you keep trying to reinforce your belief and anything that sounds contrary is dismissed offhand. "419ers" understand this phenomenon. When they approach you, they sell you idea of making a lot of money first. Once you buy that, the rest is easy. It is after the whole show that you will look back and realise that the scheme never added up from the start. But at the time you failed to see the screaming signs because... you know why!
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by MyJoe: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2012
Double post.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by emofine2(f): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hmm interesting topic. The last time I went to an ecclesiastical was when I was directing a friend to a particular Pentecostal Church (despite my reservations he insisted so I indulged).

The message I met for the short period I remained there was about marriage – mazaje wanna compare notes? grin

My experience resonates a lot with plaetton's own - except in the church I visited the pastor didn’t make it all about himself...the congregation (at least the sycophantic elements) made it all about the pastor.
I could just never work out why some people needed a man in suit and holding a self-proclaimed title to tell them things that surely they already knew of or worse yet things that the "man of god" had no knowledge of. I've come to the conclusion that some really want to be closer to pastor and not god as they would like to believe.

"we are not to yield to the persecution of criticism... We should not listen to those opinions...we are entitled not to listen to their critical views....

The churches that mirror these sentiments are often those who have no confidence in their own belief to welcome what may be contrary but important views from those outside their faith.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by jagunlabi(m): 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nigeria, as a nation, is doomed, isn't she? On whose agenda are these pastors working? That is the question. Our nation is being totally destroyed from within by these men of doom. I don't see the Nigerian nation ever recovering from this poisoning of the souls of Nigerians caught up in this scammery. And the worst of all is that we are yet to see the full consequences of the damage being perpetrated on this faithfuls as it affects the society at large.
Deep Sight:

Amen...
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by jagunlabi(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
I can assure you that Jesus was not referring to the sheeple of today with that quote, martian. But they use it on the sheeple, anyway.
Martian:

"Blessed are those who are persecuted in my name, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
emöfine2: .
I could just never work out why some people needed a man in suit and holding a self-proclaimed title to tell them things that surely they already knew of or worse yet things that the "man of god" had no knowledge of. I've come to the conclusion that some really want to be closer to pastor and not god as they would like to believe.
The churches that mirror these sentiments are often those who have no confidence in their own belief to welcome what may be contrary but important views from those outside their faith.

This excerpt is from Hayek's Road to Serfdom, but it can be applied to these churches and their MOGs and christianity in general. The authoritrian in christianity is a non existent entity who can't be questioned and ince he is forever absent, his minions (MOGs) become "God".............why do you think they put their pictures on their church advertisements?

The totalitarian leader must collect around him a group which is prepared voluntarily to submit to that discipline which they are to impose by force upon the rest of the people. (oyaks and his paid liars like Joagbaje)

There are three main reasons why such a numerous group, with fairly similar views, is not likely to be formed by the best but rather by the worst elements of any society. First, the higher the education and intelligence of individuals become, the more their tastes and views are differentiated.If we wish to find a high degree of uniformity in outlook, we have to descend to the regions of your moral and intellectual standards where the more primitive instincts prevail. This does not mean that the majority of people have low moral standards; it merely means that the largest group of people whose values are very similar are the people with low standards.

Second, since this group is not large enough to give sufficient weight to the leader's endeavors, he will have to increase their numbers by converting more to the same simple creed. He must gain the support of the docile and gullible, who have no strong convictions of their own but are ready to accept a ready-made system of values if it is only drummed into their ears sufficiently loudly and frequently. It will be those whose vague and[b] imperfectly formed ideas are easily swayed and whose passions and emotions are readily aroused[/b] who will thus swell the ranks of the totalitarian party.

Third, to weld together a closely coherent body of supporters, the leader must appeal to a common human weakness. It seems to be easier for people to agree on a negative program — on the hatred of an enemy, on the envy of those better off - than on any positive task. The contrast between the "we" and the "they" is consequently always employed by those who seek the allegiance of huge masses. The enemy may be internal, like the "Jew" in Germany or the "kulak" in Russia, or he may be external.(or it could be the atheists who "scoff" in these last days or the ever present "enemies of progress"wink
In any case, this technique has the great advantage of leaving the leader greater freedom of action than would almost any positive program. (Oyedepo can slap their mothers and they wont't complain and Adeboye will tell them he flew to Mars on his private jet without fuel and they will believe him)

Advancement within a totalitarian group or party depends largely on a willingness to do immoral things. The principle that the end justifies the means, which in individualist ethics is regarded as the denial of all morals, in collectivist ethics becomes necessarily the supreme rule. There is literally nothing which the consistent collectivist must not be prepared to do if it serves "the good of the whole," because that is to him the only criterion of what ought to be done. Once you admit that the individual is merely a means to serve the ends of the higher entity called society or the nation****(OR GOD)***, most of those features of totalitarianism which horrify us follow of necessity

1 Like

Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
jagunlabi: I can assure you that Jesus was not referring to the sheeple of today with that quote, martian. But they use it on the sheeple, anyway.

Even the character that jesus was based on (if he even existed at all) wasn't saying anyting groundbreaking or profound. Mere platitudes and superstitious jargon is the sum of his teachings. And the ones that are sensible are not exclusive to him or the jewish culture that created him.

It's time to knock these myths off their lofty pedestals.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2012
Jesus? lol

Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Talk about an egomaniacal pyscho. Kiss my divine a$$ and your sins which my psychotic father placed on you is forgiven. Christian myth is ridiculously hilarious because believe actually believe this crock of sh#t.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
Sweet Jesus

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Nowif one takes this as a metaphor, it's kind of crazy. But when one takes it literally, how can one not say that this guy wasn't on PCP or the equivalent of crack cocaine during that period.
Re: Arming The Faithful Against Logic by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
Jesus on marrige between male/female couples...........a guy who prounced around exclusively with 12 gay men.

It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most / Complete Biography of Pastor Stephanie Ike. / What Does Having A Pure Heart Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.