Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… (1074 Views)

'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Fayose: APC should produce original Boko Haram's Shekau, Says; Party don't want / ‘why Igbo Should Produce Lagos Deputy Gov In 2015’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by tomakint: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2012
It is no longer news that the N’digbo are warming up to present a candidate for the 2015 Presidential race, in my own candid opinion it is a dream project that has long been overdue. Indeed, this is the time we as a people (well, I am not thinking about the core North) should rally round our Igbo brothers and sisters in unison and see how this dream can be actualized come 2015 but still on one ground, that is, if and only if the entity called Nigeria will still be ONE!

Another issue is the likelihood of Jonathan running for a second term come 2015, which may likely push the Igbo Agenda till 2019 (I just hope my Odogwus will be willing to wait that long). The point is this, whether its 2015 or 2019 an Igbo President must emerge if Nigeria as a nation will still be in existence by then. As a country, we have tested with the Northerners for 38 mighty years (what a pity) out of our 51 plus years of existence – this is crazy! Anytime I run through the inglorious years of the Northerners in this country either as Military or Civilian rulers I cannot but exclaimed how on earth we allowed them to hold us hostage in a country we labored so hard to build especially when I realized that the Southerners labored more to bring about the progress and success we as a nation is enjoying today. They (the North) have been occupying this country as “Landlords” while the rest of us are mere “Tenants” in a land we all sweated blood to bring together as one. I still maintain that if by sheer providence, oil was to be concentrated in the North by now we would have gone our separate ways imagine that! Yet, it was this oil from the Southern part that they (the Northern Oligarchy) have been feeding fat on for donkeys years, they went ahead to in the pseudo – civil war they created to decimate the brilliant igbos in their millions just because of oil, I wish to declare here boldly that “WOE BETIDE ANY SOUTHERNER (BE IT SOUTH –WESTERNER, EASTERNER OR SOUTHERNER)” clamouring for these ‘funky Mallams’ to come and rule in this country, it is time to tell them (the Northern Oligarchy) to get their freaky fingers and sneaky eyes off our property and watch how to lead. They (the North) have been parasitic all along, always wanting to dominate at all cost despite the fact that they don’t know what to do with power, cunningly spreading their JIHAD Agenda throughout the country, remember how they infiltrated the civil service and many other governments establishments and now they have gone more sophisticated – courtesy BOKO HARAM!
How I wish my Igbo brothers and sisters will stop pursuing different agenda and come together under a unified voice for the common good of their FUTURE! To my Igbo compatriots I say to you all, it is never too late to put your house in order.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by tomakint: 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
The Igbos have come a long way in the political sphere of the entity called Nigeria, I will wait patiently at the quoted dates (especially 2019) when an Igbo man will assume the top seat 'President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria'! The question is, why are we (other tribes especially the Yorubas and Hausas) afraid of an Igbo Presidency? cool

1 Like

Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
We already have an Igbo President....Ebelewe Azikwe Jonathan....

1 Like

Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
How are the afraid of Ibo presidency?

The last ibo man that contested wasnt even voted in his own LG so its the Yoruba and hausas fault that people in Nnewi didnt vote for Ojukwu as president?

When you people are ready to take responsibility for your action you would see an Ibo president

1 Like

Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by fockusexkills: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
tomakint: The Igbos have come a long way in the political sphere of the entity called Nigeria, I will wait patiently at the quoted dates (especially 2019) when an Igbo man will assume the top seat 'President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria'! The question is, why are we (other tribes especially the Yorubas and Hausas) afraid of an Igbo Presidency? cool

Why must you now wait till 2019? You said in the earlier post that we must support them to produce the next President in 2015. Are you confused? There is no need to wait till 2019. Igbos are free to contest in 2015. Sambo is the presumptive nominee for 2019 if Jonthan succeeds in 2015. Supo!
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by tomakint: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
Bleep.u.sexkills:

Why must you now wait till 2019? You said in the earlier post that we must support them to produce the next President in 2015. Are you confused? There is no need to wait till 2019. Igbos are free to contest in 2015. Sambo is the presumptive nominee for 2019 if Jonthan succeeds in 2015. Supo!
There is no point getting itchy on this, just read, read and re-read the original post but this time slowly for better assimilation you will definitely see 2019 undecided
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by fockusexkills: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
tomakint:
There is no point getting itchy on this, just read, read and re-read the original post but this time slowly for better assimilation you will definitely see 2019 undecided

Why wait till 2019 if you truly believe in Igbo presidency? Go for it in 2015 and let's see how it plays out. You go for your dream when you believe in it. That is my point.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by ba7man(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hey, we're in the 21st Century....Advanced Nations are developing alternate sources of fuel, cure for A.I.D.S, Unprecedented technological advancement.....while we're here talking...."Igbo must rule b'cos Hausa and Yoruba have ruled".

Present a formidable candidate and let him convince the larger populace of this country of his intentions. I'm sure he'll get in. But voting based on Tribe is now sooo 20th century....Backwards.

1 Like

Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by tomakint: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Bleep.u.sexkills:

Why wait till 2019 if you truly believe in Igbo presidency? Go for it in 2015 and let's see how it plays out. You go for your dream when you believe in it. That is my point.
Of course, I totally believed in an Igbo Presidency for real but Jonathan's intention to continue his good works till 2019 must go on and after that an Igbo Presidency is a bet!
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by T8ksy(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
ba7man: Hey, we're in the 21st Century....Advanced Nations are developing alternate sources of fuel, cure for A.I.D.S, Unprecedented technological advancement.....while we're here talking...."Igbo must rule b'cos Hausa and Yoruba have ruled".

Present a formidable candidate and let him convince the larger populace of this country of his intentions. I'm sure he'll get in. But voting based on Tribe is now sooo 20th century....Backwards.

Abi ojare!!! It doesn't matter what credentials their chosen candidate possess or lack of it but

"because hausa and yoruba have ruled the country" we must vote for the person. And these are the same set of people prone

to label one a tribalist just because one doesn't agree with their illogical premise.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by fockusexkills: 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
ba7man: Hey, we're in the 21st Century....Advanced Nations are developing alternate sources of fuel, cure for A.I.D.S, Unprecedented technological advancement.....while we're here talking...."Igbo must rule b'cos Hausa and Yoruba have ruled".

God bless you! There are competent Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Efik, Urhobo, Ijaw, and many others who can do a very good job leading this nation.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by tomakint: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
ba7man: Hey, we're Advanced Nations are developing alternate sources of fuel, cure for A.I.D.S, Unprecedented technological advancement.....while we're here talking...."Igbo must rule b'cos Hausa and Yoruba have ruled".
Present a formidable populace of this country of his intentions. I'm sure he'll get in. But voting based on Tribe is now sooo 20th century....Backwards.
....I am sure u know Nigeria is not politically structured like u suggested here!
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by ba7man(m): 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
tomakint: ....I am sure u know Nigeria is not politically structured like u suggested here!
Its changing as we speak. G.E.J won fair nd square because he was able to whip up enough sentiment from the average Nigerian that were already tired of the political structure that's gradually going into extinction.

The people's voices have started to count and as much as I'm not a big fan of G.E.J, if the opposition don't present a candidate (Regardless of tribe) that can match him.....People will vote for him again and he'll win it.

An Igbo president in 2019 ought to have started his ground-work by now.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by tomakint: 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
ba7man: Its changing as we speak. G.E.J won fair nd square because up enough sentiment already tired of the political structure that's gradually going into extinction.

The people's voices have started to count and as much as I'm not a big fan of G.E.J, if the opposition don't present a candidate (Regardless of tribe) that can match him.....People will vote for him again and he'll win it.
Thatz Nigeria 4 u! Mind you, GEJ is not that bad as being painted by d media!
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by MrMcJay(m): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2013
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. Is 'AZIKIWE' a yoruba hausa or Igbo name?

You're here talking of an Igbo presindncy when Ogbonnaikena is announcing Radio Biafra everywhere. What do you want: Biafra or Nigeria's Presidency?
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by sexkilzaphull: 1:24am On Jul 25, 2013
Mr McJay: Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. Is 'AZIKIWE' a yoruba hausa or Igbo name?

You're here talking of an Igbo presindncy when Ogbonnaikena is announcing Radio Biafra everywhere. What do you want: Biafra or Nigeria's Presidency?

The ibos don't know what they want and a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Nigeria already have the ibo president ebelecbukwu Azikiwe Jonathan as president and its time other Nigerians North, SW or MB are given a chance. In fact every argument for an ibo president has big holes so it is dead on arrival. Just saying it as it is.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 25, 2013
An ibo man is already ruling. ......and ruining Nigeria

Goodluck AZIKWE Jonathan is also ibo
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by dridowu: 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
the last time i checked Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan is from Biafran origin,
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by Badassniggga(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
dridowu: the last time i checked, Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan is from Biafran origin,
GBAM!....
I'm waitin for someone to come prove me wrong by saying "jonathan isn't igbo"
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by RedReact: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Far back in 2002, myself and a colleague were dreaming of having an Igbo man as president come 2003 but it never happened. Right now, the question is not even having an Igbo man as president, but having a credible man, from anywhere in the country. Besides, the Yorubaman that ruled the country was and is even disliked by his countrymen.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by prodam(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ethnicity-based discourse.

Mod should find its place.
Re: Why The Southeast (Igbo) Should Produce Our Next President If…… by litgirl22: 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Why Northern Elites Are Against Jonathan: Jonathan Must Not Be There In 2015. / Lagos State Chairmen Spent 4.5m each to Tinubu's Lecture In USA. / A/ibom Multi-billion Naira Gas Power Project Ready For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.