Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator (20389 Views)

RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor / Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) / The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by JumiR: 1:27am On Mar 31, 2016
ABUJA — CHAIRMAN, Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, PDP, Delta North, said yesterday that if President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki, was removed from his present position by the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, the opposition political party, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, would produce his successor.

Nwaoboshi, who noted that Saraki had been obeying the court, said until he was proven guilty, no amount of blackmail would make senators elected on the platform of PDP shift ground and support for him.

“In any case, my party, the PDP, has resolved in our meeting to support him. So, there is no basis for him to resign,” he said.

Nwaobashi, former Delta State chairman of PDP, who spoke with journalists in Abuja, yesterday, described the present trial of Saraki as purely political.

He said: “We only need three and we have it. The calculation is very clear to me. The calculation is very clear for PDP. We know what it will take us. When I told them that Saraki was going to win, I did a lot of mathematical calculations based on the facts on the ground and it is even clearer to me now that the PDP will win it.

“We will win it. If anybody is thinking that a PDP man is going to vote against a PDP candidate, he is telling you a lie. We have people and we know how to get the people from APC.

“We will win and that will be very interesting. What is happening in America is going to happen in Nigeria. America has a Republican Senate but the executive is led by Democrats. So, it’s happening in different parts of the world. I can tell you with what’s on the ground that we will produce the next Senate President.”

No amount of blackmail’ll make us shift ground

On whether Saraki should resign as Senate President, Nwaoboshi said: “I’m a lawyer, 27 years in the bar. He is not guilty. He has not been proven guilty. Let us first of all get to the point that he has been found guilty.

“The man has taken a plea of not guilty and the law is very clear. He’s deemed not to be guilty until it is proven. It’s a matter before the court. The prosecutor has the duty to prove his case before the onus will shift to him to defend.

“If the prosecutor doesn’t have a case, then what is he defending? Take the example of Ndudi Elumelu; that was how they removed him as Chairman of Power Committee because he was taken to court. In the end, he was cleared.

“Look at the former Senate President, Senator Adolphus Wabara, he went to court. People were saying he is in court, that he should be removed. He resigned as a result of pressure from the public. He went to court and won.

“The other woman in the House of Representatives, former speaker, Patricia Etteh; in fact, the House changed its own position. But they had achieved what they wanted to achieve. There are so many examples like that.

“The man (Saraki) is going to court and he is obeying the court order. Until it is proven that he is guilty, no amount of blackmail will make us shift our ground and our support for him. In any case, my party, the PDP, we’ve resolved in our meeting to support him. So, there is no basis for him to resign.”

Asked whether Saraki should look at the soft landing option which looks like an olive branch, he said: “What is soft landing? There is no soft landing. The case is on. Are they going to withdraw the case? Let him go through the distance and let us see who is right.”

Saraki’s trial political

Senator Nwaoboshi, who noted that Senator Saraki’s trial was purely political, said: “You have seen it now. What is the intendment of an Act? Before he became a governor, he was supposed to make a declaration.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/pdpll-produce-sarakis-successor-hes-removed-nwaoboshi/

3 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by JumiR: 1:27am On Mar 31, 2016
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by AlienStar: 1:31am On Mar 31, 2016
Is PDP and APC the only party in Nigeria? What's all these party rants!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by tomakint: 1:38am On Mar 31, 2016
From all indications and going by what this Senator just revealed to us, Saraki is already in PDP and here is a man who rode to power through APC's back....tell me what type of human does that if not a useless, desperate good for nothing politician. I think any PDP man can be the Senate President besides Saraki....that's OK, since the APC stalwarts in the Senate are already used to that.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by Eboski(m): 1:58am On Mar 31, 2016
PDP should stop this April fool dream.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by senior123: 2:07am On Mar 31, 2016
Am telling you. Look at all the past senate presidents from PDP. David Mark turned he senate seat to the throne of england for himself alone for 15 years in benue state. Did absolutely nothing. A figure head. Good for nothing political Arrow recruited by the elite mafia gang PDP to steal from us. Now Saraki, the very definition of Corruption in flesh using our money to pay his 200 layers and sponsor his trial and pretending to give Kano N5m when it is not his money to give in the first place.
You want us to vote PDP again. Actually i think this is a good time for KOWA party to be tested as probation for 2019. What does everyone think?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by amaechi1: 3:17am On Mar 31, 2016
I am not surprise with the Senator's comment. PDP is synonymous with impunity and corruption. That someone has looted the treasury does not mean anything to PDP. That does not mean that all APC members are saint.

I also hope that you will be there to share the jail term with if convicted.

Next page jaree!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by skelewu404(m): 4:00am On Mar 31, 2016
I see
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by naijagobetter(m): 4:16am On Mar 31, 2016
i dont care who becomes senate president, i want justice #notocorruption. If it where to be in the US the senate president would have throw in the towel mr. Comparison Nigerians are no fools
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by Achuwa1(m): 4:27am On Mar 31, 2016
Pmb & Apc has shown they have notn to offer.
its better to dine with the devil u know pdp than the devil u dont know apc.
atleast ppl werent suffering dis much under pdp neither did we queue for fuel as long as over 3 month under pdp,budget werent paded under pdp or stayed this long b4 it was passed into law under pdp,we did not see Gej sacking vc's or interferring with university activities without university governing board under pdp or promising unemployed graduate 5k when they know it cant be fulfilled,pdp werent witch-hunting its opposition during its rule & even welcomed freedom of free speech,elections under pdp was always conclusive unlike elections under apc tht has never been concluded so far in all state tht elections were conducted by apc govt,pdp never disobeyed tge rule of law unlike in apc govt.tht dusobedience of rule of law is an every day thing,pdp never restricted forex for student studying abroad or Gej saying the students abroad parent can go source for forex anywere they like but apc were telling parents to go source for forex anywhere they like while pmb,shehu garba & other apc stalwart are payung their kids fees abroad from same dollars they are avoiding cituzens to use....there are more & more tgings why pdp is far better than apc & i prefer they take over the senate so tht things can atleast move abit like b4 in this country

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by Achuwa1(m): 4:30am On Mar 31, 2016
Saraki is not going to resign coz his case is a clear political witch-hunting from apc top hierachy, they are scared of him & they want him out by all means.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by chriskosherbal(m): 4:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Let's not be concerned who produces the next senate president if and only if Saraki is removed but how to make laws that will bring about economic growth and development.

4 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:38am On Mar 31, 2016
100% support for Saraki

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by odikimi: 6:48am On Mar 31, 2016
amaechi1:
I am not surprise with the Senator's comment. PDP is synonymous with impunity and corruption. That someone has looted the treasury does not mean anything to PDP. That does not mean that all APC members are saint.

I also hope that you will be there to share the jail term with if convicted.

Next page jaree!
stop oozing trash, if u think apc is a saint party y not suspend him from the party? Saraki is going no where, convict him and we will produce the next senate president. we will elect someone like Ben Murray Bruce so u won't have any corruption allegation because that is d only song u guys sing now and not minding the suffering of Nigerians.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by Opinedecandid(m): 6:53am On Mar 31, 2016
PDP is better than apc, till tomorrow.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by phemmie06(m): 6:58am On Mar 31, 2016
There's no way the chick will not return to her mother. PDP know themselves.

3 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by Progressive01(m): 6:59am On Mar 31, 2016
Didn't even bother reading the nonsense.
All I can say is, everyone is entitled to their dreams.

1 Like

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by ShegeYorubawa: 7:01am On Mar 31, 2016
Serves APC right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by ovieigho(m): 7:04am On Mar 31, 2016
AlienStar:
Is PDP and APC the only party in Nigeria? What's all these party rants!
YES they are the only two parties in the senate and remember this is a national Assembly matter

1 Like

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by modath(f): 7:06am On Mar 31, 2016
odikimi:

stop oozing trash, if u think apc is a saint party y not suspend him from the party? Saraki is going no where, convict him and we will produce the next senate president. we will elect someone like Ben Murray Bruce so u won't have any corruption allegation because that is d only song u guys sing now and not minding the suffering of Nigerians.

Ben Obamanikoro? Really? cheesy , hin nor go use cobra do necklace, cheesy

Forget the twitter chatter, he will jump & pass that gaping hole!!! Na Bayelsa HOA?

As for not having any corruption allegation NTA's broadcast equipments diverted for his lackluster STV beg to differ...

5 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by AlienStar: 7:08am On Mar 31, 2016
I can see why they can't do any better.
ovieigho:
YES they are the only two parties in the senate and remember this is a national Assembly matter
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by odikimi: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2016
modath:

Ben Obamanikoro? Really? cheesy , hin nor go use cobra do necklace, cheesy

Forget the twitter chatter, he will jump & pass that gaping hole!!! Na Bayelsa HOA?

As for not having any corruption allegation NTA's broadcast equipments diverted for his lackluster STV beg to differ...
In yo dream, if he had any dirtiest Daura Service System would've detected that and Dauraed him to silence him. Wake up, he is d politician with no skeleton in Nigeria. All the rest whether APC or PDP are very corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by odikimi: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2016
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PDP and APC.
-light and Darkness
Okay we were/are all wowed by the handshake of Godswill Akpabio and Nyesom Wike that broke the Internet yesterday. But
that wasn't the best part to me. This was;
At the end, the minority leader Godswill leading the pdp senate caucus all the way from Abuja, sympathised with the family of
the Corp member who was shot dead by military men during the Rerun. He also gave a token of one million naira to the
immediate family of the deceased through the governor and vowed to help in anyway possible. He ended with a prayer that the
corper will be the last to die in any other election in NIGERIA.
Let's don't forget Wike has also promised to take care of the immediate family of the deceased.
These men care alot; but till NOW, no apc leader has sympathised with the family of the deceased nor visited the headquarters
of the NYSC in Rivers state. Instead they are busy asking for state of emergency and trying to rig already conducted elections
through INEC.
This is the difference between PDP and APC. The difference between LIGHT and DARKNESS. Egberi Fa oooooo.
SOURCE::::::::::
I am Oyinemi Nicholas Endeley, a son from the IZON KINGDOM and I just want to make commonsense. DAZZIT AND DAZZOL 4
NOW.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2016
truth must be told APC should not make d mistake PDP made before they lost power to the APC if they remove the current Senate President then it will be an easy ride for PDP back to power ..
tho PDP will come back 2019 I don't want it simple they should win the masses back first

6 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by wildchild1: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2016
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by demarc001: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2016
Story
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by vecman22(m): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2016
Lol..I laff at PDP.even if APC have only five senators the will still win dat seat.oga buffoon taught we all how to use numbers when it comes to election..
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by ajoskele(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2016
.When I saw the people the Nwabaoshi listed as victors after bowing out from office due to public outcry, I had to move to the next thread.

He even boastfully mentioned Etteh!

3 Likes

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by eshietIntrepid(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2016
Pdp
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by emmaak2(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2016
IF YOU THINK SARAKI WILL BE REMOVED CLICK SHARE BUT IF HE WILL REMAIN CLICK LIKE..DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MAN IS TALKING ABOUT

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2016
a
Re: 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator by thefakestan: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Continue sikking urself

ThefakeStan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Changes Killing Tactics, Kills 18 Youths With Knives / Buhari Has Had To Spend Inordinate Time Cleaning Pdp’s Rot —tinubu / Chibok: Girls Who Escaped From Boko Haram Arrive In The US To Finish School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.