Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? (11393 Views)

Asus Eee Pc X101ch - 10.1" - Atom N2600 - Windows 7 Starter 32-bit.08145840520. / How Can I Activate My Windows 7 Starter Edition / Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by 3kay945(m): 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
Maleeq: Sorry mate, but you cannot change the background image in the Starter edition of Window 7.
you are wrong. it can be changed with the help of a software.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 22, 2012
Use crayon, Felt Pen or Marker and draw whatever you feel like on the screen.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 22, 2012
Maleeq: Sorry mate, but you cannot change the background image in the Starter edition of Window 7.
It is possible. There are many software to do that and even add aero to the personalization. Google on Oceanis or download it from the link: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/47294-desktop-background-change-windows-7-starter.html
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by enquirydon: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2012
that is d reason why windows 7 starter is d cheapest laptop price follow by basic.when buying system consider o/s on d laptop
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Ymodulus: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2012
undecided[size=18pt]please note upgrade to windows ultimate before you stop. i mean after upgradingg to premium or professional den go and upgrade to windows ultimate. all d codes are dere. this is because you wont have to boda of windows activation its already activated wen on ultimate. and please dis cost $177 but i have it released for free. so dont sell dis product codes give it out too for free.

if you encounter some problems dont fail to reach me. [/size]
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by charlsecy4(m): 7:50am On Jun 22, 2012
Ymodulus: undecided[size=18pt]please note upgrade to windows ultimate before you stop. i mean after upgradingg to premium or professional den go and upgrade to windows ultimate. all d codes are dere. if you encounter some problems dont fail to reach me. [/size]

What is the size of the file?
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Ymodulus: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2012
charlsecy4:

What is the size of the file?
there is no file. just dose codes. i pasted above. read tru my posts again
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by newacca: 9:50am On Jun 22, 2012
@akereconfi and others,

u Guyz r d best cheesy cheesy iAppreciate. Grazie in Italiano. I don dey enjoy my samsung solar powered laptop now. ciao
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by lifestyle1(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2012
Never upgrade with a fake product key, if you do, your windows will be blacklisted...
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2012
life_style: Never upgrade with a fake product key, if you do, your windows will be blacklisted...

I have been using a fake product key for years nw and I have neva been caught....It's based on luck sha. I'll rather get a FREE product key than pay over a $100 for windows product key. God forbid.
To the op, either. Upgrade ur windows or use the apps that the others suggested. The limitations of the windows 7 starter are not excessive tho.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by lifestyle1(m): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2012
12 inches!:

I have been using a fake product key for years nw and I have neva been caught....It's based on luck sha. I'll rather get a FREE product key than pay over a $100 for windows product key. God forbid.
To the op, either. Upgrade ur windows or use the apps that the others suggested. The limitations of the windows 7 starter are not excessive tho.

Do you update your windows regularly ?
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 22, 2012
pls guys help me out, i tried exactly d instruction given above by @akereconfi and @ymodulus but i got a message that says my upgrade was nt successful. pls i need direction to enable free myself from d shackles of window 7 starter to ultimate without losin my files. thanx in advance guys.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by olaezebala: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2012
If you really wanna change ur desktop background with Starter on ur system, den u have to upgrade the window from starter. I have a genuine key for premium but cant share it here. Contact thru this email "olaezebala@yahoo.co.uk" and u'll have it for free. No loss of data.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Ekowise(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
slex: you cant, you have to install another windows
U CAN! There a Windows7 convertd/cracker. It cn help u change ur Windows7 starter, to Ultimate, Premium....etc witout u formatin ur system or losin anytin. But ur systm must be preset wit Windows7 then d programe givs u d KEY 2 any of d Windows7 version.
My Laptop came wit Windows7 Starter and i used d software 2 change it 2 Windows7 Ultimate wit everytin stil intact.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Ekowise(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
slex: you cant, you have to install another windows
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by mtim14(m): 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
@akereconfi nd Ymodulus, ur guys ar wonderful....fanks a lot
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by georgem(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
hey you can change the desktop background or wallpaper without any third party app or spending a dim. just follow the steps below
1. Open regedit (aka registry editor; you can access it from the star menu by typing “regedit” in the search box…)
2. Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\” folder and click on it
3. On the right hand side find there are a bunch of entries. Find the key named “Wallpaper” and double click on it and put the path of the picture you want as your new wallpaper (example path is “C:\Users\Bob\Pictures\new_wallpaper.jpg”)
4. Right-click on the “Desktop” folder in regedit that you found in step 2 and click Permissions.
5. Click “Advanced”
6. Go to “Owner” tab, highlight your name in the box that says ʽChange owner toʼ ( There are only two choices the other is Administrator )… once your user name is highlighted click “OK”
7. Click on “Advanced” again
8. Uncheck the button that reads “Include inheritable permissions from the objectʼs parent”… click “Remove” when prompted
9. Click “Add”
10. Type “Everyone” and click “OK”
11. Check Allow “Read Control” and click “OK”
12. Click “OK” again
13. Highlight “Everyone” and check to Allow “Read” and click “OK”
14. Restart Computer and enjoy new Wallpaper
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by mtim14(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
olaezebala: If you really wanna change ur desktop background with Starter on ur system, den u have to upgrade the window from starter. I have a genuine key for premium but cant share it here. Contact thru this email "olaezebala@yahoo.co.uk" and u'll have it for free. No loss of data.
Bleep off.....a typica African dat will neva want to share his knowledge....unless it is for a stipend
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by georgem(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
pj1:

Pls hope I will not loose any of my document if I upgrade and between windows professional and ultimate which one is d best. Tnks waiting for ur reply before upgrading
if you do an upgrade you will not loose any of your docs or files but truth is you have to know diff between doing upgrade and doing custome/fresh install.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by deebsman1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hey.....kudos to u guy, d upgrading trick works so perfectly well. I just tried it on my lappy and it works perfectly well. Thanks all cool
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
@akereconfi,u no go suffer,ur papa and mama no go bury you,you go suceed,u no goe ever cry,u are blessed,i'm now using windows ultimate,as you have ended my suffering of starter,ur suffering is over,thanks a bunch
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by denzel2009: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
Temistatics 007: @akereconfi,u no go suffer,ur papa and mama no go bury you,you go suceed,u no goe ever cry,u are blessed,i'm now using windows ultimate,as you have ended my suffering of starter,ur suffering is over,thanks a bunch

before you start praying like atipako masquerade, did you check if your laptop is capable of being upgraded to ultimate?

If not, that might be the genesis of your computer problem.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by georgem(m): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
hey guys thats piracy, you know your key is meant to be used by you on just your one pc not shared with families or foes pc but all the same he need not even upgrade cos he can change wallpaper/desktop background by following the steps below

1. Open regedit (aka registry editor; you can access it from the star menu by typing “regedit” in the search box…)
2. Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\” folder and click on it
3. On the right hand side find there are a bunch of entries. Find the key named “Wallpaper” and double click on it and put the path of the picture you want as your new wallpaper (example path is “C:\Users\Bob\Pictures\new_wallpaper.jpg”)
4. Right-click on the “Desktop” folder in regedit that you found in step 2 and click Permissions.
5. Click “Advanced”
6. Go to “Owner” tab, highlight your name in the box that says ʽChange owner toʼ ( There are only two choices the other is Administrator )… once your user name is highlighted click “OK”
7. Click on “Advanced” again
8. Uncheck the button that reads “Include inheritable permissions from the objectʼs parent”… click “Remove” when prompted
9. Click “Add”
10. Type “Everyone” and click “OK”
11. Check Allow “Read Control” and click “OK”
12. Click “OK” again
13. Highlight “Everyone” and check to Allow “Read” and click “OK”
14. Restart Computer and enjoy new Wallpaper
Temistatics 007: i'm doing this now,i'll report back soon
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
denzel2009:

before you start praying like atipako masquerade, did you check if your laptop is capable of being upgraded to ultimate?

If not, that might be the genesis of your computer problem.
shut up mumu,i've done it succesfully,i'm not as dumb as you are.
Re: How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? by denzel2009: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
Temistatics 007: shut up mumu,i've done it succesfully,i'm not as dumb as you are.

You see how daf[i]t[/i] you are?

Your laptop is not designed to run Windows 7 ultimate. And, if it was designed to run it, so many people have used that serial. I give your computer 1 month max before it goes black and tell you your windows is not genuine.

... you this didirin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tokumbo Laptop Now Selling In Kaduna | Abuja / Any Datacenter In Nigeria (Lagos)? / ==>>IWP-3 SERVERS, YOUR-FREEDOM VOUCHERS IWP2 SERVERS HERE=>> =>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.