Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Channels Tv And Other Media Houses Presenters Pls Stop Being Partisian!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels Tv And Other Media Houses Presenters Pls Stop Being Partisian!!!! (688 Views)

Workers Salary: APC Should Stop Being Shameless – Ekiti Govt / Asset Declaration: Buhari Should Stop Being Clever By Half / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Channels Tv And Other Media Houses Presenters Pls Stop Being Partisian!!!! by kissangel1: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2012
I watched with utter disgust this morning as Hon Dino Melaye tried to express his findings and opinion about the running of this country. He complained about why Dangote should have a waiver of over 500billion naira in less than 4 years, and why the government would allow some so called big shots, enjoys some personalised favours from the government while others within the same economic sectors don’t have such benefits too. He also complained about the lackadaisical manner in which the government is treating the boko haram issue without any concrete game plan on how to tackle it. What really annoyed me was that the channels Tv presenters’ didn’t want to allow the man say what he wanted to say. They kept cutting him short and practically were attacking him as if they were afraid of what he had to say. I know they are entitled to an opining but I thought that the media should try to be a bit encouraging as much information as possible to be let out and not hid it because they don’t like what they are hearing. This is our country they are ruining, the more we know the more we can make informed decisions. Please try to keep abit still sometimes and allow these people to talk and reveal more. Am really angry this morning as that guy seemed like he had a lot to say and they just kept attacking him. Whose side are they on, these wicked few people who loot and plunder the land without a conscience or the poor suffering and smiling masses. This is our country they are ruining.

I don’t know if they are trying to protect their licence or whatever interests, but please let them be more tactical in extracting this information from their invited guests. It will do us so much good as a nation. I really admire what channels TV is doing news wise, but their conduct this morning was particularly annoying. they could have just let the guy talk. Afterall didnt hey invite him for that reason!!

Now i don’t care if Melaye is part of the opposition or not because the presenters tried to make it look like he was being anti government simply because he is in the opposition party and that he would have done otherwise if he was in PDP, but they forget that the opposition is there to keep the government on their feet and like a subtle check and balance for a healthy system. I’m very happy that the opposition is putting a lot of pressure on this government also and now they know that the Nigerian people are also looking into other alternatives {Power of Choice} its really annoying when you hear the way these people call billions and now trillions like they are nothing while common, light, water and road is as good as non existence.

(1) (Reply)

INEC To Sell 132,000 Computers And DDC Machines Worth N35b / Edo Pools Result Run Down For The Lga's / Sanusi Lamido Indicted Of Fraud And Forgery Over Bank Nationalization.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.