Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Makes A Topic Trending? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Makes A Topic Trending? (679 Views)

"Welcome To Nigeria" Trending On Twitter (pictures Of The Hilarious Tweets) / How To Post A Topic In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Topic Trending? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
hi everyone, i've been a regular in this forum for quite a while now and i'd like to get a few clarifications.

first of all, what makes a topic 'trending' in this forum? is it by the number of people viewing it or does it make it to the trending section simply by the whim of the moderator? i say this because i've viewed some posts in the trending section where either i'm the only one viewing it or the number of people viewing it are less than five.

secondly. i'd also like to know how a topic makes it to the front page. i would think that front page topics should be recent happenings in the country or the world at large or at the very least interesting and captivating posts. i'm pretty confident that i'm not the only one who thinks that the front page has become mediocre even bothering on the terrible. i hope the moderators are viewing this because this great site/forum should not go the way of most nigerian enterprises: lack of consistency in standards.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Topic Trending? by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
Trending topics are topics that have been viewed by many people in the past hour, and haven't made the home page.
Re: What Makes A Topic Trending? by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
Seun: Trending topics are topics that have been viewed by many people in the past hour, and haven't made the home page.
I think you have to make changes to the code used for trending topics. I feel trending threads should include threads that are the most viewed, commented, liked etc. It should be a combination of all these variables.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Topic Trending? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
afam4eva:
I think you have to make changes to the code used for trending topics. I feel trending threads should include threads that are the most viewed, commented, liked etc. It should be a combination of all these variables.
seconded!

(1) (Reply)

Filling Stations To Avoid In Your Area / Late Cynthia’s BB Found With Port Harcourt-based Bizman. / Lawyers In The House,pls I Need Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.