Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? (723 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church / Why Do People Spend Time In Bear Parlours/eateries Than In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? by ndidibabe(f): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
The bible makes us to understand that God answers those who genuinely believe that he exists , put their faith him and do his will. I am not sure God is moved by the number of hours you spend in church. My church starts sunday service at 9am and end by 12pm. Thereafter, one meeting or the other comes up i.e business meeting, youth meeting etc which might last for 2 hours. In this case, we leave church by 2pm. Now, the chuch wants all youth to be in church by 7am for early morning class and general cleaning before the main service which starts by 9am. So, with the usual after-service meeting, one will be spending 7hours (7am-2pm) in church. Is these reasonable?
Re: Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? by werepeLeri: 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
Talk to your pastors.
Re: Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nothing makes a pastor is reasonable.
Re: Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? by Zodiac61(m): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
What baffles me is why anyone wants to spend even one second in church.
Re: Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? by ayobase(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
ndidibabe: The bible makes us to understand that God answers those who genuinely believe that he exists , put their faith him and do his will. I am not sure God is moved by the number of hours you spend in church. My church starts sunday service at 9am and end by 12pm. Thereafter, one meeting or the other comes up i.e business meeting, youth meeting etc which might last for 2 hours. In this case, we leave church by 2pm. Now, the chuch wants all youth to be in church by 7am for early morning class and general cleaning before the main service which starts by 9am. So, with the usual after-service meeting, one will be spending 7hours (7am-2pm) in church. Is these reasonable?

But u can watch spartacus, desperate house wives, lost, smallville, true blood, vampires et al, even clubbing for hours and d likes without compalining!
Its not a must u go to church....u can sit at home and stop nagging on NL....still, u can decide to go early and leave early.....
I can see u r just being religious...no connection!
Someone is up there inviting you to the world of atheism!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Spend So Much Time In Church? by go4value(m): 2:07am On Jun 19, 2012
@op.........ur r d most confusd homosepian on NL........how can u b going to church without known wat ur doing with ur time.only d living can serve God.Stop been religious.......mtceeew

(1) (Reply)

Sources Of Destruction Of Man / 9 Reasons Why We Must Keep Praying / Nigerian Curiousity: Money Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.