Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

I Forsee A Military Coup Soon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Forsee A Military Coup Soon (3830 Views)

Poll: do you support military take over of goverment now in nigeri?

yes: 59% (28 votes)
no: 40% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri / I Forsee A SS /SE Grand Alliance To Seek For A New Nation / Don't You Forsee An Evolution Or Break-up Soon In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by RoadStar: 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
I don't think there's any military man or woman stupid enough to lead a coup in Nigeria.
Certainly not IHEJIRIKA (Remembering what befell his brother Ironsi, who was in an identical situation and opted to do the most sensible thing)
Unless there is mutiny within the military ranks, which will cause ripples in the military with the military fracturing into tribal allegiances. (Remember 1966)
If that happens, and GEJ is removed from power, 4get oil money from Niger Delta.
They will have to preside over a penniless broke country.

Just reminds me of what an old former Biafran soldier always said to me.
The civil war never ended, it was only suspended.
Some people still needed time to understand their realities.

This time around, there will be no scapegoats (Igbos)
People who preferred to bury their heads in the sand will have to stand up.(Niger Delta Minorities)
Those who sold out for a plate of porridge (Yorubas)
And those who formed alliances without taking a good look at their allies (Middlebelt)

Without trying to sound like a doomsday preacher, We can only hope that the 1966 conflict is put to rest this time. cry cool

2 Likes

Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
RoadStar: I don't think there's any military man or woman stupid enough to lead a coup in Nigeria.
Certainly not IHEJIRIKA (Remembering what befell his brother Ironsi, who was in an identical situation and opted to do the most sensible thing)
Unless there is mutiny within the military ranks, which will cause ripples in the military with the military fracturing into tribal allegiances. (Remember 1966)
If that happens, and GEJ is removed from power, 4get oil money from Niger Delta.
They will have to preside over a penniless broke country.

Just reminds me of what an old former Biafran soldier always said to me.
The civil war never ended, it was only suspended.
Some people still needed time to understand their realities.

This time around, there will be no scapegoats (Igbos)
People who preferred to bury their heads in the sand will have to stand up.(Niger Delta Minorities)
Those who sold out for a plate of porridge (Yorubas)
And those who formed alliances without taking a good look at their allies (Middlebelt)

Without trying to sound like a doomsday preacher, We can only hope that the 1966 conflict is put to rest this time. cry cool
my brother you are not a doomsday prophet but a realist and i think it is an inevitable thing that will happen.no wondwer usa predicted then that nigeria will breakup and when fani kayode said it many lambasted him now with dead bodies all over the streets in kaduna and yobe and the gap between christians and moslems getting wider we are heading for a disastorus end as a nation and sooner or later this gaps and side taking will get into the military.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by mansmith(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2012
Has any body taken some time out to study the Aburi Accord?
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2012
man smith: Has any body taken some time out to study the Aburi Accord?
nope i havent.will u mind telling us how it concerns this issue?
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by jobaskia(m): 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2012
As far as I m concern we have a faulty foundation from the start. Once a proper foundation is not laid problems beckons from all angles. If d milltary takes over is worse off because we are goin backwards. They suppress expressions and we can't even have all blogs,nairaland what ve u.our best bet now is to ve a referredum whether we want to live as one nigeria or not. As benito musolini propounded that before there could be peace , there will be war. War is retrogressive on itss own. U can set a short run but d long run is unimaginable aand devastating. Even with a referendum chaos will still be there . Let 's watch and pray
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by ubandire(m): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
Please let's be careful what we post on this forum,I think there should be limits to these jokes.most people contributing here don't even know what they are talking about,once I beg all of us to guide our utterances,Very important.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by dedeike: 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
It's unfortunate that someone in his right senses came up with this kind of post. I also wonder how this post escaped the moderators rod, if any?

It takes someone who has never experienced military rule in Nigeria to think this aloud. How can you compare democracy, no matter how imperfect, with the charade called military rule? Where else on planet earth have you seen military rule as an option? Do you think that in a military rule that you will come and run your mouth d way you presently do at Nairaland?

even if u hate Gej, has it ever crossed ur mind that all the Governors including Fashola, Amarchi, Oshiomhole Akpabio will all be sacked and military colonels appointed as your governors? Wot do u make of a situation where the constitution will be suspended for decrees? If it were in a military rule, which national Assembly will you run to for succor when you feel the head of sate changed the name of your school abruptly? Who will check our national budgets and programmers?

How would you even know that the "Aso rock budget is 1 billion? Imagine your occupy protests under military rule. Imagine the pariah status that the whole world will place on us. We re yet to recover from the sanctions imposed on us during the and you want more. God forbid.

1 Like

Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
dedeike: It's unfortunate that someone in his right senses came up with this kind of post. I also wonder how this post escaped the moderators rod, if any? It takes someone who has never experienced military rule in Nigeria to think this aloud. How can you compare democracy, no matter how imperfect, with the charade called military rule? Where else on planet earth have you seen military rule as an option? Do you think that in a military rule that you will come and run your mouth d way you presently do at Nairaland? even if u hate Gej, has it ever crossed ur mind that all the Governors including Fashola, Amarchi, Oshiomhole Akpabio will all be sacked and military colonels appointed as your governors? Wot do u make of a situation where the constitution will be suspended for decrees? If it were in a military rule, which national Assembly will you run to for succor when you feel the head of sate changed the name of your school abruptly? Who will check our national budgets and programmers? How would you even know that the "Aso rock budget is 1 billion? Imagine your occupy protests under military rule. Imagine the pariah status that the whole world will place on us. We re yet to recover from the sanctions imposed on us during the and you want more. God forbid.
the problem with us is that mst ppl feel they know everything.if your children were among the dead bodies lying on the streets of kaduna or if they were bombed i doubt if you will be saying what you are saying.if you have taken the time and patience and most of all use of common sense to study all the post on this boko haram killings and the one in kd you will see that most nigerians are already thinking and praying out loud for the military to comeback.and by the way mr know all did u take time to look at the poll on this post.pls always think thrice before casting insults
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by NAJALYN: 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
God forbid that military should take over. This will only spell doom for the nation. Remember Ibb's era. It was nothing to write home about.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2012
NAJALYN: God forbid that military should take over. This will only spell doom for the nation.
Remember Ibb's era. It was nothing to write home about.
my brother if they come back who will stop them?
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
i dont want them to come but these politicians are giving them a very tangible excuse to come back.believe me if they do come back which i know it will be soon.it will be a ppular one.did u take notice of the poll on this thread over 70% of respondents wants them to come not me i am only following the ppls feelings.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by TechRev: 11:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
There is no excuse for military to come back. Nigerians are lazy thats why they hope that military come back, instead of holding your LG chairman, rep, senator, governor and then president accountable you are there dreaming about military. the egyptians wanted military, now why r they back in streets demonstrating??
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by RoadStar: 2:59am On Jun 21, 2012
onatisi: i dont want them to come but these politicians are giving them a very tangible excuse to come back.believe me if they do come back which i know it will be soon.it will be a ppular one.did u take notice of the poll on this thread over 70% of respondents wants them to come not me i am only following the ppls feelings.
That 70% are Northerners, let them keep dreaming. They still think they dominate the military, If the military takes over it will most likely be lead by a southerner or a middle belter at best.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by dasparrow: 3:23am On Jun 21, 2012
onatisi: with the way things are i think the stage has been set for a military coup in Nigeria , this civilian government has been portrayed to be incompetent and inefficient and corruption is now at its highest peak in our history .i wont be surprise to hear marshal music anytime soon . what do you think pls let me have your sensible contributions

I don't support military take over please. Doing so will move our country backward and not forward. What Nigeria needs is either a regional style government where each region controls her own resources and generates her own income to pay for state expenses. The other option will be to divide the country amicably. Anything short of that is a complete no-no. The reason why insecurity has gone out of hand in Nigeria is because GEJ is just sitting there and looking. He does not seem to have an idea on how to solve the boko haram issue. If it was OBJ still in power, we would not be facing this boko haram mess.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by sheyguy: 3:44am On Jun 21, 2012
TechRev: There is no excuse for military to come back. Nigerians are lazy thats why they hope that military come back, instead of holding your LG chairman, rep, senator, governor and then president accountable you are there dreaming about military. the egyptians wanted military, now why r they back in streets demonstrating??
Isn't it funny that some pple think it is out of place to demand good leadership from ''Mr President'' and his PDP cronies up there?
As 4 the question of Coup, and its probability right now. I won't sit here and pretent not to share the same thought as the OP, however that is not to to say i endorse one or support a military regime. It is a big shame pple fall easily for this whole tribal trap to remain in perpetual bondage of bad leadership.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by rhymz(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2012
I am lost for words. This country is the brink of a civil war, this time not the East against Nigeria but the North against itself. We are flirting with full-scale war and to be honest, the whole government paraststatus is compromised and crippled with ineptitude and lethargy. GEJ had better be careful, I wont be surprised if there is an attempt on his life.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2012
rhymz: I am lost for words. This country is the brink of a civil war, this time not the East against Nigeria but the North against itself. We are flirting with full-scale war and to be honest, the whole government paraststatus is compromised and crippled with ineptitude and lethargy. GEJ had better be careful, I wont be surprised if there is an attempt on his life.

rhymz, when i created this topic if you look through it you will notice that many thought i was crazy but it is the inevitable , the coming of the military will spell the end of Nigeria but whether we like it or not it is all a matter of time , there is more than enough excuse for the military to take over , corruption , insecurity ,even the boko harm issue is alone enough for them not to talk of corruption ,.you know a prophet once said it during the build up to 2011 elections that gej is most likely to be the last president nigeria we have , we and including me all called them prophets of doom now we can see that they were or are most likely to be correct .
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 11:29am On Jul 10, 2012
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the espionage arm of the United States of America (USA's) intelligence apparatchik released a report in 2006, in which it predicted that Nigeria may disintegrate before 2015. According to the agency then, Nigeria as a corporate entity was likely to splinter along tribal and sectarian lines in 2015 if some of the inherent fault lines were not properly managed and controlled. This prediction received sharp reaction from Nigerians; most people not only condemned it, but also lambasted the CIA and the USA over the warning with the claim that Nigerians possess the uncanny capacity to manage the fragile peace and the unity that has bonded the people together since the amalgamation of the country in 1914. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo dismissed the report as baseless. The government then beat its chest and claimed that it had put in place measures that would not only promote but guarantee the peaceful co-existence of all Nigerians, irrespective of ethnic and religious differences. The CIA report was presented at a oneday conference of USA experts on Africa, convened by the US National Intelligence Council, aimed at discussing the trends in the African continent over the next 20 years.

Tagged “Mapping the Global Future, the report projected global trends and likely scenarios up to 2020 and stated that: While currently Nigerias leaders are locked in a bad marriage that all dislike but dare not leave, there are possibilities that could disrupt the precarious equilibrium in Abuja. The most important would be a junior officer coup that could destabilise the country to the extent that open warfare (may) breaks out in many places in a sustained manner. “If Nigeria were to become a failed state, it could drag down a large part of the West African region. Even state failure in small countries, such as Liberia, has the effect of destabilising entire neighbourhoods. If insurmillions were to flee a collapsed Nigeria, the surrounding countries, up to and including Ghana, would be destabilised. Further, a failed Nigeria probably could not be reconstituted for many years if ever and not without massive international assistance. But the report did not end with its glooming prediction; it also proffered some antidotes to the problems it envisaged. The report further showed that many home truths negated the possibility of a disintegrated Nigeria in 2015, agreeing that violence, insecurity and killings in what it called troubled states “may not translate into disintegration

http://nationalmirroronline.net/politics/30706.html
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2012
my guy you have to wake up to the reality , it is really happening naija is disintegrating gradually and bloodily too unfortunately.boko haram in the north , fulani versus berom plateau , Niger delta, kidnappings here and there , crude oil theft, bunk erring on the increase , inflation and unemployment at an astronomical level, what else do you need to show u what is happening. the signs are clearly written it is only a matter of time that the military will take over or the country splits. a prophet once said it before Jonathan was elect that gej will be the last president a unified Nigeria will have, we all called them prophet of doom now i eat my word i think they were right after all.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/jonathan-may-be-nigeria%E2%80%99s-last-president/
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/chido-onumah/goodluck-jonathan-nigerias-last-president.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/201006211233.html
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jun/19/515.html
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by ubandire(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Not bothered cos I already know u r blind and very myopic,so don't see u foreseeing anything...
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by dmainboss: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
How can you advocate for a military coup when it was the military that put us in this mess in the first place. What sense is there in returning to military rule? All the mess we are going thru today was created by the military. The constitution, corruption, tribalism were all instituted by the military to keep themselves in power. No refinery or power plant was built for over 20 years. The corruption during the military could not even be exposed. At least they are being exposed today and we are becoming aware. Back then, you couldnt even talk about it. Abacha would just order that cash be brought to him directly from the CBN. No questions asked. If cash was not available, he would just order CBN to print more. ALl the military state governors had no opposition. You should try and ask your elders to brief you about Nigeria because you are clearly a teenager. Please dont remind some of us of those days. If you think the system became bad after OBJ or GEJ became president, you must be deluding yourself. A state of a nation at any given point in time is a function of policies and actions of at least five to 15 years before that time.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
dmainboss: How can you advocate for a military coup when it was the military that put us in this mess in the first place. What sense is there in returning to military rule? All the mess we are going thru today was created by the military. The constitution, corruption, tribalism were all instituted by the military to keep themselves in power. No refinery or power plant was built for over 20 years. The corruption during the military could not even be exposed. At least they are being exposed today and we are becoming aware. Back then, you couldnt even talk about it. Abacha would just order that cash be brought to him directly from the CBN. No questions asked. If cash was not available, he would just order CBN to print more. ALl the military state governors had no opposition. You should try and ask your elders to brief you about Nigeria because you are clearly a teenager. Please dont remind some of us of those days. If you think the system became bad after OBJ or GEJ became president, you must be deluding yourself. A state of a nation at any given point in time is a function of policies and actions of at least five to 15 years before that time.
thanks for ur contribution but if u read my topic and read how i introduced the topic i made mention of the fct that i dont want insultive or abusive sentences so if u cant make a contribution without throwing abusive statement pls u can move to nother ttopic.if u will like to continue and contribute intelligntly and maturely we can concontinuethank you
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
ubandire: Not bothered cos I already know u r blind and very myopic,so don't see u foreseeing anything...

i dey kampe and i just dey laugh so far 2000 dead from bomb blast and all the other problem and it is still counting.if u think u are safe nd ur family you are fooling urself.the fire is raging closer and closer to u
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by Mandelaguy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
Beaf: IQ = 0. embarassed
Yes my brother,whoever generated this post,your brain is dead!
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by Mandelaguy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
You people that voted yes should come out on air and say it...mumu! Why did you people rush and close the poll,anu mpama!
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Yes my brother,whoever generated this post,your brain is dead!

ur son will be brain dead in jesus name before this year runs out
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by Mandelaguy(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
onatisi:

ur son will be brain dead in jesus name before this year runs out
May your curse return to you and all your generation in Jesus Name... Amen! If you wanted to curse,I am here to face not my innocent son. May God punish you and may thunder finish you idi..ot!. I don't take it lightly when anyone threaten my family in any way. I will curse you everyday for bringing my son into this idi...oT! When we exchange banter on this forum,whatever we say should be to each other,not our families......idi...ot! You are so lucky that am not looking at you!
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: May your curse return to you and all your generation in Jesus Name... Amen! If o wanted to curse,I am here to face not my innocent son. May God punish you and may thunder finish you idiot. I don't take it lightly when anyone hreaten my family in any way. I will curs you everyday for bringing my son into this idiot!
i will curse every minute and ur son and ur family.and it shall come to pass
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: May your curse return to you and all your generation in Jesus Name... Amen! If o wanted to curse,I am here to face not my innocent son. May God punish you and may thunder finish you idiot. I don't take it lightly when anyone hreaten my family in any way. I will curs you everyday for bringing my son into this idiot!

i will show u and use u as a scapegoat to let ppl know that it is not everybody u abuse at will.i repeat what i have said and infact it will be ur first son .mark my words
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by Mandelaguy(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
onatisi:

i will show u and use u as a scapegoat to let ppl know that it is not everybody u abuse at will.i repeat what i have said and infact it will be ur first son .mark my words
You do not know where you are,if you do not stop this madness now,you may live to regret it......In all my family has ever stood for,I return your curses to you and yoke it round your neck. Amen!
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: You do not know where you are,if you do not stop this madness now,you may live to regret it......In all my family has ever stood for,I return your curses to you and yoke it round your neck. Amen!

na ur own jesus send u that u should be calling me brain dead abi?u never know what u enter i have been looking for a chance like today.today is the day u will regret joining nairaland i swear.
Re: I Forsee A Military Coup Soon by onatisi(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: You do not know where you are,if you do not stop this madness now,you may live to regret it......In all my family has ever stood for,I return your curses to you and yoke it round your neck. Amen!

dont make a mistake to think i am cursing u I AM TELLING U WHAT WILL HAPPEN GO AND ASK ur pastor he will tell u.for calling me brain dead ur family shall cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISIS Carries Out Its Worst Executions, Crushes Heads With Huge Croncrete [pics] / Graphic Pictures Of Children Killed By Fulani In Barkin Ladi, Plateau State / This Is The First Thing PMB Reads In A News Paper (pic)--presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.