Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! (17357 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Gospella: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2012
I got married few years ago to a pastor, a gentleman,loving and caring husband. When he came to ask my hand in marriage, my family was very supportive of us getting married because of his lovable personality. He lives in the UK, so after the wedding, he arranged all the travel documents for me to join him there. When I got to the UK, I gained admission to study a four year course. I am in my 2nd year at the moment. Some months ago, a woman who claimed to be his former wife called our home. She threatened me for taking her position. I was confused and could not believe her. After the call, I confronted him with the story and he eventually opened up to me.

He claimed to have two kids with the woman but that his nine year old marriage with her ended because she left him. However, he is telling me that he doesn't want her again. That he is done with their marriage. I am at cross roads at the moment because he is a pastor of a large congregation and everyone believes we are having the best of marriage, yet I am dying in silence. I cannot tell my parents because they will be devastated. What will I do? Should I leave him? I am confused. HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Ournaija: 10:13am On Jun 19, 2012
How could you marry someone without a background check? Are you telling the truth? How did you meet this fella? I don`t believe your story Ma`am.

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by maclatunji: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2012
Okay, I know you are heartbroken by his betrayal but if he has truly left the other woman, you might want to get used to it if he his okay in other areas except for this Major lie. If you cannot accept it, divorce is an option. There is absolutely no reason for you to die in silence.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by ijebuboy18(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2012
Sounds like a bogus story 2 me,I mean how do you hide an ex-wife n 2 kids during courtship n d 2 yrs u claim 2 have stayed with him n am sure u will claim 2 have dated dis so called pastor. If indeed you story is true, den I gotta say he deserves 2 b divorced twice.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Gospella: 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Our Naija!There was no hint about his previous marriage. Moreover he lives in UK while the victim lived in the eastern part of Nigeria. Background check was done but maybe not properly and there was no much time for courtship since he did not stay in Nigeria. You do not need to believe the story for it to be true.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Gospella: 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
The victim has met many other pastors who encouraged her to remain in the relationship because they husband does not want to go back to the former wife even though the marriage was not dissolved legally. However, the issue here is concerning her Christian which is against divorce and remarriage. Does it mean she is living in adultery since she is a second wife?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by maclatunji: 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
^I laugh in Chinese.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by 2mch(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
As it is, your marriage is illegal. I will advise you to hold off on kids and then have him do the right thing by divorcing the woman in Naija. After which you would both go to court and be properly and legally married in the presence of those other pastors and the law. If he is unwilling to do this, then I will advise you to walk. He can get arrested for bigamy any day. I believe you didn't do your due diligence and were most likely desperate to marry and travel. There is no how a pastor can keep this kind of thing secret, when he is a leader in a church. Church folks talk too much for that fact to have escaped you. You are the owner of your predicament.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by 2mch(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
Gospella: The victim has met many other pastors who encouraged her to remain in the relationship because they husband does not want to go back to the former wife even though the marriage was not dissolved legally. However, the issue here is concerning her Christian which is against divorce and remarriage. Does it mean she is living in adultery since she is a second wife?

grin grin grin grin. So this pastor is against divorce and remarrying but for having two wives. The bible allows divorce so the pastor should try to follow the bible. And yes, your fears are true, you are an adulterer and living in sin at the moment. You are not married to him but a live in girlfriend committing fornication. cheesy grin. Imagine the pastors advising you to stay in such. Where is this fake church please. Publish the name of the pastor and the church. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by ifyalways(f): 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
Very funny.
The op or woman is more bothered about her Christian life (what people would say in church) as opposed to how this mess would affect her as an individual. In other words, she is trying to save face, appear a victim of circumastance instead of trying to fix her shyte.
I wonder how many more wives, children and mistresses are out there somewhere for this same "mog" . The most pathetic thing is that some people, men worshippers and arselickers must have at one time or the other missed out on a beautiful relationship Cos this very mog advised them to do so citing reasons like bigamy, adultery etc while he himself is neck deep in it.
@op,why has the other woman not sued the "fastor" for bigamy yet?abi she too was married same way, displace and replace?
O ga ju!

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by tasandra: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2012
no b small thin ooo grin grin grin grin grin@Op let me think b4,i reply u grin Ele yi le oo....o ga.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2012
Even a pastor does not know that he ought to open to his prospective wife about his past marriage.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by nairalady(f): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
afam4eva: Even a pastor does not know that he ought to open to his prospective wife about his past marriage.
i wonder

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by emesv26(m): 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
come to think of it do u have kid/kids or better stil children for this ur husband(pastor) coz if u dnt, dere is a problem

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hmm... hope you're cute.. I'm a pastor and I have no kids.. I can manage tokunbo..
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
In total regard to the office of a PASTOR...abeg not all Pastors are qualified to be called Pastor oooooo!

A true man of God...knows his stance in life! This misconception has made many who in the nearest future would be Christians loose hope in Christianity!
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by ebamma(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
nna pastors are not smiling oh.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2012
@OP; you have no problem with the woman. Just try to convince your pastor husband to invite them over to your crib and u can easily poison the wife and 2 children then u move on with your new life and marriage. I'm sure the pastor is an IGBO cos IGBOS are deep liars and promoters of bigamy. Mtcheew
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by alhussanglegma: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
maclatunji: ^I laugh in Chinese.
. Divoice him and come 2 kaduna 4 a new hubby.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2012
Gospella: The victim has met many other pastors who encouraged her to remain in the relationship because they husband does not want to go back to the former wife even though the marriage was not dissolved legally. However, the issue here is concerning her Christian which is against divorce and remarriage. Does it mean she is living in adultery since she is a second wife?
I'm confused, are you the victim here or your friend? Just asking.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2012
Its a silly question no doubts, whats bad about having kids from previous marriage ?
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2012
Gospella: I got married few years ago to a pastor, a gentleman,loving and caring husband. When he came to ask my hand in marriage, my family was very supportive of us getting married because of his lovable personality. He lives in the UK, so after the wedding, he arranged all the travel documents for me to join him there. When I got to the UK, I gained admission to study a four year course. I am in my 2nd year at the moment. Some months ago, a woman who claimed to be his former wife called our home. She threatened me for taking her position. I was confused and could not believe her. After the call, I confronted him with the story and he eventually opened up to me.

He claimed to have two kids with the woman but that his nine year old marriage with her ended because she left him. However, he is telling me that he doesn't want her again. That he is done with their marriage. I am at cross roads at the moment because he is a pastor of a large congregation and everyone believes we are having the best of marriage, yet I am dying in silence. I cannot tell my parents because they will be devastated. What will I do? Should I leave him? I am confused. HELP!!!

Assuming this is all true . . .

a) make sure he is still no married. Since you did not know he was married before, at least make sure now that he is at least officially divorce, and it is not the case that he bailed on the first marriage. If he did, chances are you are not only an ADULTERY by Bible standards, but the likely next victim.

b) Make sure your parents know of this. The worst you can do is try to keep this to yourself. Accept your fault in this and make sure that those around you are aware of the situation. Should he try anything miserable next, the last you want is to end up an UNSOLVED MURDER case. grin

c) Look into ensuring your finances and you life is not wrapped up in this individual. Yes it is all great to claim/pretend he is a changed man. But consider your changed man, under God, withheld the truth from you, and probably from the mother of his four kids, when he married you(she probably does not know of you either). You do not know his credit history in the UK(I am guessing) and chances are his past marriage is not the worst of his past you are not aware of.

d) Stop being ignorant. Not everyone who claims to be of God is Godly. Investigate him(not do a shoddy job now) to make sure that i) he is not now even involved in some other marriage apart from the first you now know of and ii) he is not playing around with other potential future wives.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by cold(m): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
It's probably that KICC man,Ashimolowo or something like that.I always knew there was something non-kosher about that bloke

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2012
One man, one wife. At least, that was what Jesus said. I laugh in Swaili hahahahaha. Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by ronkebp(f): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hmmmm!!!! Story land!!!!, Naija man, living in london was his passport to your heart..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by OAM4J: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
OP, how can someone be married for 9yrs with 2 kids and you couldn't find out before marriage?

Didn't you meet his extended family before marrying him? And none of them told you about his 1st marriage?

He pastors a big Church, you mean even the big church is not aware of his marriage/separation? And none of the members hinted you while you lived with him for 2 years?

Some things are not adding up here.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
the strory is crap, just looking for attention.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by Smallville4live(m): 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
Please leave that man. His wife is still alive. It's not right from the word of God. Luke 16:18.
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by r231(m): 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
cold: It's probably that KICC man,Ashimolowo or something like that.I always knew there was something non-kosher about that bloke

Lol grin
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by andyanders: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2012
[b]You can lie for anything but not in terms of marriage and moreover, a man who calls himself a Pastor.
If he can lie and hide a relationship that produced 2 kids from you, know that you married a devil. He has no excuse to buttress whatever he has to explain. If the relationship NEVER produced kids, then one can stomach that but not this. Has he no relation for you to have tried to find out who the person you married is? I believe that you got carried away because he told you he stays outside the country and would want to take you along. I believe that you acted on this before getting into marriage.
Now, only God can open your eyes to know if you have to stay or not because he would equally do same to you one day. If can hide such sensitive issue and went ahead to marry you, he is not a pastor but devil incarnate. no true man of God will act the way he acted no matter what.

To me, since you have no kids yet, you call a spade a spade and open up to your parents. Or cool down and finish your studies and find your way. To me also, I prefer you stay off or you can contact the man of God, senior prophet T.B.Joshua of Synagogue Church of All Nations to seek God's opinion about this marriage because you are in bondage.[/b]
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by scopusng(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2012

Abeg, make i hear music jare.GEJ don come back from Samba country?
Re: Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! by queensmith: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2012
cold: It's probably that KICC man,Ashimolowo or something like that.I always knew there was something non-kosher about that bloke

hey! what did he ever do to you! lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Their First Child After 19 Years Of Waiting (photo) / Strictly Life-changing Marital And Parenting Books / I Forced My Wife To Sleep With Another Man,will She Ever Forgive Me!??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.