Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,728 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft (10043 Views)

Virus Infection Is Mostly By The User's Fault - By Microsoft Research / 14 Year Old Hacker Recruited By Microsoft / Table Top Computer By Microsoft. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
CY09:
[img][/img]
i have been using a trial version of windows8 and its been so good. u can download a tiral version from microsoft site. but u beta av good internet speed.
For u to enjoy it u need to have 2gb of RAM.
I dont mean the operating system, I mean the Tablet "Surface".
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
way to go bill gates! now i can see the real tablet wars beggining to heat up! grin
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2012
I always like to look at things functionality wise. I'm definitely getting the Windows surface Pro tablet. i.e the one that runs windows 8 and not windows RT. The Windows 8 has a metro user interface (touch interface) that cn be switched to the desktop mode when the need arises so u cn run ur older windows applications. Afterall most of us use windows and have many older applications that we love and are used too. The magnetic keyboard casing comes with a keyboard and touch pad similar to laptop touch pads which means u can point and click with the touchpad on the windows 8 dekstop mode. Which means I can run my autocad 2007 or photoshop on the windows 8 desktop mode just like on my normal laptop. But note that the desktop mode is for the "Windows Surface Pro tablet only. U can run all ur older games like PES, commandos, ages of empire, command and conquer etc on the windows 8 surface pro desktop mode cos of it runs windows enterprise. It infact has a USB port to connect ur gamepads. I'm sure u'll be able to connect ur printers and scanners at the office to it soon with updated drivers. So with windows surface pro, what u get is both a tablet and an notebook combined the catch being that u cn run all ur older windows surface on the desktop mode. I think microsoft just hit gold with this. Let's wait and see sha. Hope it does exactly as purported unlike apple's siri (just tryin to diss isheep or sheeple reading this).
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by sped1oro(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
i really need to possess this asap
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by denzel2009: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
12 inches!:
I always like to look at things functionality wise. I'm definitely getting the Windows surface Pro tablet. i.e the one that runs windows 8 and not windows RT. The Windows 8 has a metro user interface (touch interface) that cn be switched to the desktop mode when the need arises so u cn run ur older windows applications. Afterall most of us use windows and have many older applications that we love and are used too. The magnetic keyboard casing comes with a keyboard and touch pad similar to laptop touch pads which means u can point and click with the touchpad on the windows 8 dekstop mode. Which means I can run my autocad 2007 or photoshop on the windows 8 desktop mode just like on my normal laptop. But note that the desktop mode is for the "Windows Surface Pro tablet only. U can run all ur older games like PES, commandos, ages of empire, command and conquer etc on the windows 8 surface pro desktop mode cos of it runs windows enterprise. It infact has a USB port to connect ur gamepads. I'm sure u'll be able to connect ur printers and scanners at the office to it soon with updated drivers. So with windows surface pro, what u get is both a tablet and an notebook combined the catch being that u cn run all ur older windows surface on the desktop mode. I think microsoft just hit gold with this. Let's wait and see sha. Hope it does exactly as purported unlike apple's siri (just tryin to diss isheep or sheeple reading this).

If it does everything and doesn't last at least 7hrs, it's a fail!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2012
My budget on that tablet is completed. I'd be getting it soon.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Bawss1(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2012
Seriously if this lives up to the hype then the days of the iPad dominance are numbered.

Take my money!
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2012
Yep....I hope it lasts atleast 6 hours. and doesn't heat up....Or it doesn't have a CPU that gives and humming sound cos this is one hell of a machine....Intel i5 core inside.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2012
looks like the days of i-nonsense is finally up.

so long apple. it's a big relief to see your back! grin
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by newmaonza: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
damilola15: If microsoft want to win in "the battle of tablets", they just have to make cheap (at least, not as expensive as ipad), thenn face developing market (world).
dont worry COMPUTA Village s by our side
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by leon25aug: 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
Pls.which format is better to send to employers through the internet,a scan C.V. Or the one in microsoft format.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by leon25aug: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
Pls.which format is better to send to employers through the internet,a scan C.V. Or the one in microsoft format?
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
PDF is more CORPORATE WORLD like. It makes u look more professional as PDF documents are quite secure. But it shud depend on which company you're sending it too. If it is a multinational company or any company that u expect to have a PDF reader on the Human resources laptop or PC then u cn go pdf. But remember that office documents are more common. You don't want to be sending ur CV to a computer without Adobe acrobat that cnt read ur CV and hence u will be disqualified. I'll av suggested u sent both. But if u went not told which format to send, u shud send office document so that you're on the safe side.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by jmaine: 11:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
George_D: looks like the days of i-nonsense is finally up.

so long apple. it's a big relief to see your back! grin

This bros dey vexxxxxx grin
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2012
jmaine:

This bros dey vexxxxxx grin

aye, you bet! wink
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Dabss(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2012
I don't think the Gpu/CPU can handle any serious program
I mean, even the atom PCs can't run $hit talk more of arm CPU
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by sashaa(f): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
Cant wait to get my hands on d windows RT tablet. Price starting at $199.00. So cooool....Eisshh
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
They are not selling them yet. I have inquired for them.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by sashaa(f): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2012
all4naija: They are not selling them yet. I have inquired for them.
it will be available from october
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Dabss(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2012
sashaa: Cant wait to get my hands on d windows RT tablet. Price starting at $199.00. So cooool....Eisshh
The device has not been officially announced yet but you already know the price eh?
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2012
this release is taking too long. when will this actually be?
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by sashaa(f): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

The device has not been officially announced yet but you already know the price eh?
who says it hasnt been announced officially?
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Dabss(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
sashaa:
who says it hasnt been announced officially?
Links pls! undecided
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by uceee(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
At last, microsoft replies.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2012
ok, keep the hopes up!
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
Finally! Can't wait for this to hit stores.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2012
HQ: Finally! Can't wait for this to hit stores.
Today, still nothing out yet.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
all4naija: Today, still nothing out yet.

they're keeping us on edge and that's the bit i don't like about this
waiting game! sad
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by samir101ng(m): 10:41am On Oct 18, 2012
$499 Microsoft Surface Tablet Option Already Sold Out

[url]http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Microsoft-Surface-Price-Pre-Order-Stock,18482.html#xtor=RSS-181[/url]

Microsoft Orders Up to 5 Million Surface Tablets for 2012

[url]http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Microsoft-Surface-Tablet-Shipping-Figures,18462.html#xtor=RSS-181[/url]

Wow !!! shocked shocked

This thing is selling like hotcakes. Coupled with the upgrade offer for previous windows users (Win XP, Vista, 7) to Windows 8 Pro for $40 (Online Download), its a sure bet that Windows 8 and Microsoft Surface is gonna be a success.
Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by samir101ng(m): 10:52am On Oct 18, 2012
Pricing for Microsoft Surface Tablets and Covers Revealed

Microsoft's Surface tablet line will start at just $500.

Microsoft has kept pretty quiet about its Surface tablets. Despite unveiling the two slates back in mid-June, we still don't have a full list of specs for the devices. In fact, we're fast approaching the launch of the Surface tablets, and we still don't know what exactly is under the hood. Up until today, we didn't even know how Microsoft was going to price the devices.

The price of the Surface models has been the topic of much debate with many wondering what price point the tablets will start at. Though Microsoft has yet to talk pricing for the Intel-based model running a full Windows 8 install, the company this accidentally revealed pricing for its lower-end Windows RT model based on ARM this morning.

Though the site has since gone offline, it was up long enough for news of the pricing to spread like wildfire. The 32GB ARM-based Surface will sell for $499 sans Touch Cover. You can pay an additional $100 for the 32GB plus Touch Cover. There's also a $700 64GB model that will come with a Touch Cover included. It's not clear if Microsoft plans to sell the 64GB without the Touch Cover. If you buy the 32GB without the Touch Cover and change your mind, you'll be paying $120 to buy it separately. The Type cover will set you back ten bucks more at $130. Pricing in Canada is $20 more for the tablet SKUs, and $10 more for the separate covers.

Microsoft's Surface tablets are set to launch on October 26, the same time as Windows 8. No word on whether or not Microsoft plans to talk pricing in an official capacity prior to that date.

[url]http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Microsoft-Tablet-Surface-Price-Cover-Release-Date,18446.html#xtor=RSS-181[/url]

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft by GeorgeD1(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2012
hmmmmm! looks like we're finally getting there! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Which Network In Nigeria Has Unlimited Data Plan, Cost And How Many Days? / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.