Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody (13894 Views)

Man Commits Suicide In Gombe After Parents Refuse Choice Of Wife (graphic Pic) / Stock Fraud Suspect Dies In EFCC Custody / 21-Year Old Student In EFCC Custody Over N20m Internet Love Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by akhis: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2012
Mauro Zanin, an Italian arrested for alleged involvement in $111,000 fraud has reportedly committed suicide in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in Abuja.The 52-year-old Italian took his life in a bathroom by strangling himself with a bedsheet in the EFCC detention facility in Abuja on Tuesday, a day before his scheduled arraignment before a Federal High Court in Abuja.The agency confirmed the development in a statement issued by its spokesman, Wilson Uwujiaren.

It reads, “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC regrets to announce the passing of 52-year-old Italian, Mr. Mauro Zanin, a suspected fraudster two days before he was scheduled to appear in court.“He was found motionless in the bathroom of the Commission’s detention facility in Abuja at about 4.50 am on June 19, 2012. He had apparently committed suicide using his bedsheet.

http://www.punchng.com/news/italian-commits-suicide-in-efcc-custody/

I feel the guy has reason it that going to hell directly was better than naija cell

2 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by tchaik(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
They have killed the guy and shared the money joor!

4 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by ochukoccna: 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
the guy na mumu joor embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
all he had to do was wave part of the loot at his interrogators tongue tongue tongue
but it must be unmarked $$$ bills grin grin grin grin [learn from farcrook na]

1 Like

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Phemour: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
Brave man..this is exactly what Farouk Lawal shld av done.

4 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by waja(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
They should tell us what happened to that man. He may implicate some crooks, that's why he was killed.

7 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by NwaNimo1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
EFCC have either killed the guy or have been negligent . . . .

This one will cost them - big time.

Yet another GEJ failure.

4 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by acidtalk: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
Una no go kill person with laughter.

From the first commentator to the very last, I wan almost laugh enter *infront of Dana aircraft*

4 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by slimming: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
Feeling of repentance is far better than guity.
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by info4bayempire: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
Corruption is a global menance.be it in united states of america,Nigeria any where in d globe.No country is left out.so no country should point accusing fingers to Nigeria only u can see an example of the french man.
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
I can't believe human beings actually made some of the comments above.SMH. sad
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
I don't get it... EFCC must be up to some hanky-panky.. Police in Nigeria are experienced enough to strip you bare naked Belt, Shoe-lace, Tie, Dental Floss before putting you in a cell. how come the bed has sheets, of course he would hang himself but i suspect this story haba.. this is not nollywood EFCC show pictures please
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by alongeyink(m): 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hunnnn Nigerian they casted some spells on the man using Juju so that everything will look like a suicide
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by member479760: 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
tchaik: They have killed the guy and shared the money joor!

wa sere padimi!

2 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Yeske2(m): 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2012
Suicide my foot, they just wasted the man for nothing
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by shrek4(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2012
tchaik: They have killed the guy and shared the money joor!

Thats a very weak comment.... apparently, u r alone in that school of thought...

1 Like

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by pappy4real(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2012
Phemour: Brave man..this is exactly what Farouk Lawal shld av done.
do u mean what gej shld do? Mtchew usless country where anything happens

1 Like

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
Since when did our "detention" centres acquire bathrooms?

3 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by shrek4(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2012
Only a shallow mind will assume the man was killed..... i rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by shrek4(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
SimonAndal: Since when did our "detention" centres acquire bathrooms?

Take ur time and rephrase ur sentence abeg.....
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by ebamma(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
dem don kill that man share the money
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by shrek4(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by oloriooko(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
acidtalk: Una no go kill person with laughter.

From the first commentator to the very last, I wan almost laugh enter infront of Dana aircraft

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Una no go kill person with laugh for this place sha cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by optimus106(m): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2012
if i hear..dix italian man na mugu,hw many fraudstarz in 9ja wud take dia own livez
..ewu,u'l learn in hell sha
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by waja(m): 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
shrek4: Only a shallow mind will assume they man was killed..... i rest my case!
. Mr large mind, that man can't take his life like that. Beside, he's a foreigner. A citizen must have led the way and he followed. In order not to implicate the 2nd Farouk, He was killed.

2 Likes

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Oshiite: 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
Yeske!:
Suicide my foot, they just wasted the man for nothing
just my thought,i v so lost faith in this my dear comical country where anything can happen
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by omenziate(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
Dis crooked commission called EFCC. Suicide ko, patricide ni?

1 Like

Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Adedayo516(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
Shit do happens
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Adedayo516(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
Shit do happen..R.I.P.
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by shrek4(m): 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2012
waja: . Mr large mind, that man can't take his life like that. Beside, he's a foreigner. A citizen must have led the way and he followed. In order not to implicate the 2nd Farouk, He was killed.

Are u done with the lectures?? **YAWNS** am bored..... Have a good night, Sir!
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Csami(m): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2012
What a sad end.
Re: Italian Commits Suicide In EFCC Custody by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2012
shrek4:

Thats a very weak comment.... apparently, u r alone in that school of thought...
mister, he is not alone in this line of thought. I believe this man was killed by efcc, maybe he's got secrets, cos i cant reconcile bedsheet suicide in naija detention cell! And let no one blame Gej pls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policewoman Curses Mischievous Persons That Declared Her Dead On Facebook / Enugu: Two Dead, Many Abducted As Kidnapping Resumes Along Ugwogu-Isi-Uzo Road / Man Beats Wife To Death In Niger Over Alleged Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.