Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why I Built A House For Ohakim, By Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Built A House For Ohakim, By Rochas Okorocha (742 Views)

Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja / An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha / O.M.G Checkout The Church Built By Rochas The Imo House Chapel Really Great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Built A House For Ohakim, By Rochas Okorocha by LocalChamp: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
Why I built a house for Ohakim, by Okorocha
By Emma Mgbeahurike, Owerri 23 hours 7 minutes ago
Font size:

Imo State Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha has said his decision to build a Guest House for his predecessor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, and other former governors was informed by the provision of the law, which stipulates such gesture for former governors.

Okorocha explained this while interacting with leaders from Ohakim’s local government area, Isiala Mbano.

He said he has forgotten about all that happened before and during the 2011 governorship election and is concentrating on developing the state.

Okorocha said: “I do not have any problem with the people of Isiala Mbano, because you are my brothers and friends. In fact, as I speak, I have built a Guest House for Ohakim, whom I still regard as my brother, Chief Achike Udenwa, the late Chief Evan Enwerem and the late Sam Mbakwe, as stipulated by the law of the state.”

He said his administration would treat all councils equally.

The governor explained that the idea of Community Government Council is to decentralise power and exploit untapped resources in rural areas to speed up development at the grassroots.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/50737-why-i-built-a-house-for-ohakim-by-okorocha.html
Re: Why I Built A House For Ohakim, By Rochas Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Jun 20, 2012

[size=14pt]Come serve as a Governor in Nigeria, and no matter your past, or how terrible you may be at it, Free House, and lifetime pension Guaranteed![/size]

(1) (Reply)

U.S To Label Three Boko Haram Leaders As 'terrorists' / Flash: President Jonathan Appoints Doyin Okupe As His Senior Special Assistant. / Gunmen Attack VP Sambo Family Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.