Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank (3868 Views)

Every Graduate Should Do Residency / Top 50 Nigerian Companies Every Graduate Should Work With - Cheatguruz.com / N410,000 Graduate Job By Con-way Freight-every Graduate Is Invited, No Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by komfortojo(f): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2007
is it a must we all make our career in the bank?
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Oluchia(f): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2007
Not every graduate. I for one don't want to work in a bank wink.
And I have so many of my banker friends who would prefer working elsewhere, but since about 80% of graduate recruitment in the country is from the banking sector, one doesn't really have much choice than to join the bandwagon instead of staying jobless undecided. At least half bread they say, is better than none.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Chriz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2007
smileyI wil prefer working in the bank because it is the only private sector that absorbs more graduates. Besides it's lucrative.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Frankies(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2007
Oluchia:

Not every graduate. I for one don't want to work in a bank wink.
And I have so many of my banker friends who would prefer working elsewhere, but since about 80% of graduate recruitment in the country is from the banking sector, one doesn't really have much choice than to join the bandwagon instead of staying jobless undecided. At least half bread they say, is better than none.

Thanks dear, you said it all but still permit me to add that I never for once wanted to work in a bank.So I am glad I am not there. A very close of mine that read my course too is very much in there.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Onyema1(m): 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2007
@poster,

Bank Job? God forbid.
I had up to 2 direct bank job offers but turned every thing down. Not because i hate it as such but simply because it leads one to no where. Most of my friends that have spent 3-4 years in there are trapped right now and are looking for the possible way to get out. Bank job doesn't develop one's career. Can you imagine a lawyer working in the bank, and all you do is to review mortgage deed every day. An accountant employed in the bank turn him or herself into a paying teller for all your life. The question you will ask your self is, will ever become a boss of your own while working in a bank.

Beautiful girls turned into something else in the name of marketing to meet target. Target my foot!!!!. Please my brothers and sisters if you read a professional course the best thing for you is to build your career as a professional. Some say banks pay well,

depends on what you mean by pay well, right now there a lot of blue chip establishments that pay double what the banks pay with your career development guaranteed. you are sent out for various trainings etc. If you are sacked from the bank after say 3-4 years, bet me it will be difficult to get any job elsewhere because all you know is the routine job you do in the bank.

No skills acquired.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by lorebobo(f): 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2007
komfortojo, you work in oceanic bank. why do you work there?
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by samtoye(m): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2007
dear readers

i've just gone thru all your replies,well, for one; i pray most of you talking here are employed,if not; then you had better reverse the curse you gave yourselves.Maybe you have been destined to be great in a bank,but you've confessed you can never work in a bank and the angels would say-AMEN
Wether you work in a bank or not,you are the master of your own faith,if you are good,you would always find your footings anywhere. let him that have ears, let him hear!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by noel76(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2007
@OLUCHIA AND ONYEMA 1, i very much agree wit u bt then wat can u do in a situation whereby only the banking sector that do employ wat are the other sectors doing? Maybe by the time they week up then we will find jobs according to wat we read.
It is also true that bankers dont have time for them selves, they eat,marry , socialize and almost take their bath in the bank, it's really crazy you know. Any way if i get a banking job i wouldnt mind o. may God help us in Jesus name.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by georgee(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2007
Abeg make una help me find banking job,av bn lookn 4job almost 2yrs, frustratn wan kill me
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by komfortojo(f): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2007
www.zenithbank.com,www.oceanicbanknigeria.com (very important)
graduate@viclawrence.com, www.diamondbank.com.
Something good MAY come out.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Frankies(m): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2007
georgee:

Abeg make una help me find banking job,av bn lookn 4job almost 2yrs, frustratn wan kill me

Don't worry, God will grant your request.Hand everything to him in prayer.Remember tobe upright before him. Your miracle is on the way.

*thinking* Sounding like a pastor smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by creationxt(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2007
I've come to realise in life that people are the architect of their own path to success. Don't get me wrong, God determines who u'll be but u choose the path. If u want to work in a bank and know very well that u're future is not guaranteed, why do it. Am an Engineer, I said no to banking and am better off now than most of my friends that went for banking. Choose what u want but remember "the future is more important than today".
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by prominence: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2007
@ Onyema1, well said, need i say more? there is nothing in the bank if you really want to be a professional. talking about the pay, you cant compare a bankers pay with dat of someone in d oil and gas or IT sector. so watz d big deal in a bank job.
that's the last place i will like to work.
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2007
it's not a must dt one shd work in a bank. can d oil sector absorb all? Some body must to work in a bank and other sectors that are not lucrative. the most important thing is that u shd know what u want in life. nobody wants to be an employee 4 life so from day one plan 4 ur future and let God lead u to d best He has 4 u. every sector has it's advantage&disadvantage so d best is to trust God to lead
Re: Why Do Every Graduate Want To Work In A Bank by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
minus me ;d ;d ;d

(1) (Reply)

CGC Nigeria Limited Graduate Recruitment Program 2018 / Before I Die I Hope To Let The World Know What Happened To Me / Urgently Needed A Driver In Asaba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.