Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 (16509 Views)

2008 Camry Dashboard / How To Know A V4, V6, Or V8. Car By mere Looking At It / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Golf 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Silas0(m): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2012
Advantages and disadvantages of 2008 camry xle v4.Pls i need ur candid posts.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
Advantage are:
Cheaper on Gas.
Easy for the lazy mechanics that refused to improve to take care of the ride.

Disadvantage is:
The ride has no power at all to move, and drags too much, you cant even dust a bicycle.

5 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 12:18am On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy: Advantage are:
Cheaper on Gas.

Disadvantage is:
The ride has no power at all to move, and drags too much, you cant even dust a bicycle.
grin serious, is it that slow, whata the 1/4 mile?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 12:46am On Jun 21, 2012
yungboss:
grin serious, is it that slow, whata the 1/4 mile?

I guess i have been spoilt with the 8 Cylinder and the power that comes with it . . . . tongue

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 1:45am On Jun 21, 2012
grin...i'v been spoilt with bmw
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by icemann(m): 6:18am On Jun 21, 2012
A link that says a lot about Manufacturers

Most Jap cars are above average

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/key-car-quality-study-ranks-software-bugs-most-170243393.html
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
pictures please I'd love to know this car!!!
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ranks007: pictures please I'd love to know this car!!!

What car?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by LordReed(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I guess i have been spoilt with the 8 Cylinder and the power that comes with it . . . . tongue

Toyota Camry with 8 cylinders?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Toyota Camry with 8 cylinders?

Toyota Camry with 8 Cylinder? Haba . . Take am easy oh, i am not driving an 8 Cylinder monster Camry oh . . . . But would be nice sha, will wait till they make one.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

What car?

The one we are talking about now.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by friedrice1: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Haba! i was expecting to see a lot of advantages.. it seems the car has nothing to offer,
i will stick to my 505 Station wagon.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by LordReed(m): 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Toyota Camry with 8 Cylinder? Haba . . Take am easy oh, i am not driving an 8 Cylinder monster Camry oh . . . . But would be nice sha, will wait till they make one.

I been wan know o! But no underestimate 4cyl Camry o! I don use that thing travel and the only car wey dust me for road na FX45.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I been wan know o! But no underestimate 4cyl Camry o! I don use that thing travel and the only car wey dust me for road na FX45.

Dump it for the 6 Cylinder and you will be laffing . . . You will dust rides and even plane in the sky will have nothing on YOU . . tongue
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by rasqman: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
i have been using mine (2008 XLE V4) since May last year and to me it's the best both in fuel economy and maintenance considering the fact that I was driving a Honda Accord before i bought it.
My experience travelling in this car is marvelous. I enjoy the cruise control die. In fact, the car is a machine.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Dump it for the 6 Cylinder and you will be laffing . . . You will dust rides and even plane in the sky will have nothing on YOU . . tongue

O yeah I don move the V6 too that thing na temptation I tell you.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

they cant put a v8 in a camry, why? Its a FWD
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Lord_Reed:

O yeah I don move the V6 too that thing na temptation I tell you.

That is what i am talking about . . . But for someone that would like to save money on gas, 4 Cylinder is not bad, if you use it for everyday use.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by femionasan(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
yungboss:
they cant put a v8 in a camry, why? Its a FWD

Sorry sir, that is a wrong impression. Audi A8s come in front wheel drive or the option of All wheel drive and they come in V8 engines.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by dammytosh: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE REVIEW.

ADVANTAGES :

Extremely cheap and easy to maintain.
Cheaper spare parts
Fuel efficient.
CLassy and enjoyable when travelling

DISADVANTAGES :

AC Issues and system kinda common
Head lamp not bright enough(wears out easily)
Shock absorber problem if u live in a rough environment
Drags you down (if u av driven a v6 engine before , u will be disappointed)

MY ADVICE

Look for more money and go for Honda same year. More classier and more stable.

-My Opinion.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
dammytosh:
Shock absorber problem if u live in a rough environment
Drags you down (if u av driven a v6 engine before , u will be disappointed)

Those are not peculiar to just Camry 4 Cylinder, it is with almost any ride with 4 Cylinder and shocks will be bad for even an airplane that run on bad runway on a daily basis

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by dammytosh: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Those are not peculiar to just Camry 4 Cylinder, it is with almost any ride with 4 Cylinder and shocks will be bad for even an airplane that run on bad runway on a daily basis

Ask any mechanic. Almost All camrys generally come with this funny shock and noise on the shock absorber area of the car. U can test drive a camry and an honda and compare the difference
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
dammytosh:

Ask any mechanic. Almost All camrys generally come with this funny shock and noise on the shock absorber area of the car. U can test drive a camry and an honda and compare the difference

No matter what ride you driving, when you continually use it on a and road, you will have to change the shocks on a regular basis. . . and as per power, no one could compare a V4 to a V6 . . V4 is a crawler but cheaper to maintain, while a V6 is a machine but you will pay for the speed at the pump.

6 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Ikenna351(m): 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=femionasan]
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy: Advantage are:
Cheaper on Gas.

Disadvantage is:

I'll Agree with you on this one. I changed my 06/07 accord for an 07/08 Camry SE to my suprise the car felt as light as a feather and the slight lag on acceleration after car makes a stop really put me off on my 1st weeks of driving. Its a nice car but personally I loved my accord more than the camry.till date it hasn't given me any major issue
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Ikenna351(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

No matter what ride you driving, when you continually use it on a and road, you will have to change the shocks on a regular basis. . . and as per power, no one could compare a V4 to a V6 . . V4 is a crawler but cheaper to maintain, while a V6 is a machine but you will pay for the speed at the pump.

I do not agree. Yes, Struts are wearable parts. But some last longer than you could imagine than the other brands, irrespective of the environment its used on.

Toyota struts are generally known for frequent failures on monthly basis. Sometimes, on bi-weekly basis. Its a big time flaw of all Toyota products so far. That is, its a peculiar problem to Toyota.

Not trying to be biased here, but Peugeots are known for durable struts/shock absorbers. In fact, they are the only car manufacturer that Patented their strut. Why? First, the outstanding quality(durability). Second, only Peugeot strut are rebuildable.

There are other car brands that use durable struts on their products, but Toyota is simply not one of them.

Ikenna.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

I beg to differ. No FWD car can have a V8 in its engine bay. FWD car lacks what it takes to use such engine.

Check your source well, only Quattro Audis (4WD), like the A8 would have the V8 engine, I believe.

Ikenna.
So all the suvs everywhere are v6?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Ikenna351(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
blink182: So all the suvs everywhere are v6?

Car is not SUV, dont get confused.

Meanwhile, the guy that said that Audi A8 FWD had V8 as well was right. I just checked & confirmed. My mistake then. That means Audi has break the record.

Ikenna.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

I beg to differ. No FWD car can have a V8 in its engine bay. FWD car lacks what it takes to use such engine.

Check your source well, only Quattro Audis (4WD), like the A8 would have the V8 engine, I believe.

Ikenna.

well said brother ik, the quattro is AWD V8, the FWD A8 is V6...
FWD+V8=FALSE (maybe in future)
AWD+V8=TRUE
RWD+V8=TRUE
FWD+V6=TRUE
RWD+V6=TRUE
AWD+V6=TRUE
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

Car is not SUV, dont get confused.

Meanwhile, the guy that said that Audi A8 FWD had V8 as well was right. I just checked & confirmed. My mistake then. That means Audi has break the record.

Ikenna.
Ok, so wats the difference between AWD and FWD?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Ikenna351(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
yungboss:

well said brother ik, the quattro is AWD V8, the FWD A8 is V6...
FWD+V8=FALSE (maybe in future)
AWD+V8=TRUE
RWD+V8=TRUE
FWD+V6=TRUE
RWD+V6=TRUE
AWD+V6=TRUE

Yungboss,

The thing is, Audi A8 generation FWD had V6 & V8. But they later realised the mistake & dropped the FWD V8 & continued with AWD V8 till date. I guess they couldnt break the record well, after all.

Ikenna.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Ikenna351(m): 8:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
blink182: Ok, so wats the difference between AWD and FWD?

AWD: the 4 wheels propel the car via dual differential.
FWD: only the 2 front wheels propel/move the entire car via one differential.

V8 is a very powerfull engine which only a RWD drive can handle. But because the power from an engine in AWD have been shared to the 4 wheels, AWD can as well handle the V8 effectively, maybe, even better. V6 engine in FWD makes such car to always oveersteer, not to think of putting a V8 in it. In fact, a V8 engine in a FWD car could make the car fly off into bush on high way when on top speed, unless a lot of weight is added to the rear of the car.

A RWD car gives the car even weight distribtion on top speed, especially one with a powerful engine as V6 & V8. The action of the rear differential, the rear drive shafts & the rear two wheels, when in action (on top speed) gives weight to the rear of the car, making the weight the big engine gives the front of the car to match the weight those mechanicals naturally gives to the rear, making the weight even, thereby giving the car enough balance to withstand whatever speed you are doing. Unlike the FWD V6 that has artificial rear weight (traction sensors & others) which could easily fail, knowing how "reliable" sensors can be. In fact, to truelly know the difference, take both FWD V6 & RWD V6 for a high speed drive & come back & tell us your experience. You will surely findout that one handles better than the other on top speed. I currently own both FWD V6 & RWD V6 cars. So I know what am talking about.

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Bad Shock Absorbers On Cars / Italian Police Foil Plot To Snatch Enzo Ferrari's Body / Toyota To Cut Global Production By 40%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.