Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

I Need Your Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (2186 Views)

Career Guide(pls Your Advice Is Highly Needed! / I need your advice. Msc control Engineering OR Msc Embedded Computing Systems. / Nairalanders I Need Your Advice,medicine Before NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2007
I have an HND (upper credit). I am thinking of starting a part time Bsc programme by next year because of the discrimination in certificate.
i just got a job with an outdoor advertising firm.
please i need your candid advice.
Re: I Need Your Advice by starlizzy(f): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
if u dat is what u want.
all the places i have worked with, my certificate is the last they asked.
See, if u are capable for the job , the rest is ,
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
Thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice by femmylenny: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2007
GEt on the work, ul get the Bsc with time, competence is what matters in todays world, but the degree is needed too
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2008
thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2008
Re: I Need Your Advice by yemmight(m): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2008
Winsome

Sincerely, I will tell you to get you PGD, and further do your masters. During this period, combine your professional exams. By the time you complete all these, I bet it you will become a super star. Every recruiting firm will forget you left with HND.

You too look at it. You will go and do a-three year degree programme that should have been for other programmes. Honestly, I am an HR person. What I will set to be looking for in a candidate is the performance during the interview and his/her ability to deliver on the job. This is what other HR person may also consider. Please do not waste your precious time I beg u

Good luck.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2008
Thank you very much.
Re: I Need Your Advice by charleyb: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2008
Is a good idea, u can make it. all the best.
Re: I Need Your Advice by cfranky: 8:05pm On May 11, 2009
Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advice by seunallday: 9:16am On May 12, 2009
@yemmright, nail well hit on d head, at the end of the day, not only will u have wasted 3 ears pursuing somtin dats really is nt dat much value added to u, if u go for a pgd, u would have gotten a masters after three years, combined with whateverprof exams u wanna do, for me, i tink d discrimination btw bsc and hnd is just swag, polish urself up, communication skills, presentation skills, dressing and the likes, d difference wont matter much, cheers
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2009
Thank you all.
Re: I Need Your Advice by jumie(f): 11:33am On May 19, 2009
i agree with yemmight,

Go for a PGD and masters, while you are still working on the job. Don't think of BSc at ur stage.

Its well
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2009
Thanks Jumie
Re: I Need Your Advice by fornnygee(m): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
There are two options to this:
1. If you have gotten the job, go on with your job & run a post HND from any of the University or
2. Runa PGD and your Masters.
For leaving the job for your academic program is good but not the best option.
Cheers and goodluck in your new career.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2009
Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2009
Winsome, my advice for is that if u know u can roughen it, is better to get ur B.Sc. PGD and B.SC are not equivalent in Nigeria, is just a word of mouth. I wouldn't know if yemmight had ever attended an interview where HND Holders were embarassed and had to quit in shame? pls. my brother, if u can cope without the jobe, u better go ahead, otherwise, PT is not bad!
Re: I Need Your Advice by manangel(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2009
@poster, you dont need to go for any Bsc again. with your HND Upper credit, what you need do is to start working and show what you are capable of doing for your organisation.

get a professional qualification related to your career and get and MBA from a recognised university after which you go for your PHD.

I have HND Upper credit in marketing, a prefessional qualification from NIMN, IDMN and NIPR. currently running my MBA at UNILAG and i have just been promoted to sales manager from marketing executive after working for just 2years.

There are Bsc holders in my esterblishment that have joined the company before me, but i was promoted at their expence as a result of my ability.

After my MBA at unilag, i plan to go for my PHD at LBS.

Wish you best of luck. be consistence and prayerful. GOD is with you.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2009
Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advice by youngproffesor: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2009
@man angel,can one go 4 masters or MBA wit HND?Pls reply
Re: I Need Your Advice by youngproffesor: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2009
Re: I Need Your Advice by Ibiamu(m): 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
why not you use your HND TO LOOK FOR WORK AND TGHEN YOU CAN PROCEED
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
Thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice by ilemobade(f): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2010
reach me on this numbers 07062301708 or 08076377684
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
Re: I Need Your Advice by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2010

Someone with experience should please reply this.
Re: I Need Your Advice by pekkyn: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
you must gone far with your career by now, but if u ve not, why not go and do PGD and Masters after that instead of going back to waste ur time and money running Bsc.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Winsome(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
How time flies, This post is almost 4 years. Thank you all for your wonderful advice. God bless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hadoop Big Data Self Study Kit / Prime Sources Limited / *~ Ajanlekoko Voted Career Section's Best Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.