Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? (13909 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Life And Soul (spirit Or Whatever We Call It) / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism? / Soul & Spirit - Whats the difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Reference(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
The soul is the interface between the body, the earth and all that is visible, tangible, etc in its temporal form and the spirit in whichever spiritual realm, God and all that is permanent, intangible, that exists eternally.

The soul is the seat of the mind that interacts with the tangible by feelings and senses and interacts with the spirit or spiritual things by faith.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by gbadexy(m): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
but there is a school of thought that a typical human being is 3 in 1 . how right is that?
I believe the spirit is part of God's spirit that is animating the body and the soul is like the software that is unique to each individual and which is resident in the brain. The soul is like the blueprint of the body and it is invisible.
Its hard to put into words by even demons and all invisible entities are souls and they all need the Gods breath or force to animate them.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Dsage1: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
Logic Mind: Buzugee is wrong as usual.
There is a huge difference.
Spirit is everywhere. There are good and evil spirits, there is a holy spirit, an amadioha spirit, etc. No soul equvalents. Ever heard of the Holy Soul?.
Spirits can exist on their own and interact with the living. It is your virtual self. Souls live inside people and record everything for judgement.

Put is this way: the soul is the internal hard drive god put in you to record all your actions. When you die, this data is transfered to the mobile external drive called spirit. It is the spirit that wanders the earth as ghosts. It is the spirit that will stand judgement based on its data. And it is the spirit that will enjoy heaven or endure hell.
The bible made clear that souls die. Spirits never die.
Ezekiel 18:20, "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

I thought 'Logic Mind' was an atheist,now i know he belief in God.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by doublecross(m): 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
soul, spirit, mind,....all sounds alike to me
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by mikuz(m): 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit is everywhere. There are good and evil spirits, there is a holy spirit, an amadioha spirit, etc. No soul equvalents. Ever heard of the Holy Soul?.
Spirits can exist on their own and interact with the living. It is your virtual self. Souls live inside people and record everything for judgement.

Put is this way: the soul is the internal hard drive god put in you to record all your actions. When you die, this data is transfered to the mobile external drive called spirit. It is the spirit that wanders the earth as ghosts. It is the spirit that will stand judgement based on its data. And it is the spirit that will enjoy heaven or endure hell.
you really got a logic mind. Perfect one! Thanks for sharing that!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by aged: 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
frosbel:

but there is a school of thought that a typical human being is 3 in 1 . how right is that?

yes its right:the body of man is the dwelling place for both the sprit and the soul.the body also refered to as the temple of holy sprit.Its the material part of man with which he relate with the pyhsical world around him via the 5 senses.

the soul on the other hand comprises the mind,the emotion and the will.the mind is the central verve of human being;the emotion is the realm of feelings,anger,fear,biterness etc and the will is that with which you have absolute prerogative to make choice.

the sprit man is the real man,its the part of man that contains Gods life,without the sprit neither the soul nor the body can funtion.The sprit express itself through the soul and the body,the sprit is sometimes refered to as the inward or inner man man.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by lekkie073(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
lwise: We are all made up of body,soul and spirit.The body cannot live without the spirit.The body is just ordinary flesh that habours the soul.The soul is the real being.The spirit is the force that drives the soul in a body.When the spirit is taken,the body becomes dead and the true being(soul) returns to the maker to receive judgement.Spirit and soul never die.Spirit is released as a breath of life to a newly created soul in a body.
D soul returns to d maker to receive judgement...how did u come about dis? Bible stories again?
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by daemonville(m): 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
the soul and the spirit are different. both are emanations of the creative energy of God. the soul is the positive which is also known as the breadth of life(this enters the body at birth when the child is born and leaves at transition. the spirit is the negative essence which is responsible for the formation of the human body or matter. this is known in science as the force of adhesion,cohesion,attraction, its vibratory rate determines the state of manifestation (solid, liquid, gas. All of creation has a spirit and all living things have a soul (your awareness of self as human comes from the presence of the third point called the soul personality, some call it the mind, others call it the conciousness, call it whatever you like, this is the particular essense that differentiate you from animals and trees.) this particular essense is what faces judgement, the soul leaves the body and goes back to the creator thereby death, the spirit leaves the body causing disintegration of the matter called body, the soul personality faces judgement or reincarnation.
the confusion about the soul and spirit came as a result of man's inability to comprehend beyond the realm of materiality. to him only two forms exist. (the material and the immaterial)the body and the spirit/soul..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit is the ethereal body force which animates the physical component to life, without which it can not be alive.
Soul is the dual compliment to nature of man, the positive component of the dual existence of man while physical body is the negative, for the psychically lay, its that body you see in the dream, much more like the negative of the photographic picture, or photocopy of the original that can represent the opposite where the physical can not go, example, in astral planes during soul travel/astral projection, the soul form of man is welcomed.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Dsage1: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
D sage:

I thought 'Logic Mind' was an atheist,now i know he belief in God.

SOUL =internal drive,influence our actions(body).

SPIRIT = external drive,influence our thought(insight).
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by funkymedina: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
Soul is the Greek word PORSHEE
Spirit is the Greek word PUNA.NiI
Together it's the RIDE of your life . Ejooo! grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
I concur.
kwenu: Good post from you, OP,
GOD IS A SPIRIT, IT TAKES A SPIRIT TO CREATE A SOUL, SPIRIT IS FROM ABOVE, WHILE SOUL IS EARTHY, THE PRESENCE OF A SPIRIT INSIDE A BODY MAKES IT A LIVING SOUL.

Again, i concur with this.
kwenu: Good post from you, OP,
THERES NO SOUL WITHOUT SPIRIT, A SOUL IS DESIGNED TO RELATE AND FUNCTION WITH THE WORLD
YES INFORMATION IS STORED IN A SOUL

With this, i definitely do not concur. There is no difference between MAN and the animal kingdom, as far as the SPIRIT goes. The same SPIRIT that resides in MAN resides in animals, no difference whatsoever.

The difference here, however, is the SOUL. The SOUL formed in MAN is quite different from the one formed in a DOG, for example, mainly because they are both programed differently by their different environments and the way they interact with them.

In addition, only the SOUL can be transferred between living things. The SPIRIT, on the other hand, cannot be moved about because the spirit is already everywhere at all times, all pervasive, so it needs not be artificially transferred anywhere to be everywhere.

So, in conclusion, the SOUL is the difference between living beings, man or animal, and not the SPIRIT.
kwenu:
THE DIFFERENNCE BETWEEN MAN AND ANIMALS IS SPIRIT
A DOG WILL ACT LIKE A MAN IF THE SPIRIT OF A MAN IS BEING TRANSFERRED TO IT AND A MAN CAN ACT LIKE A DOG IF THE SPIRIT OF A DOG IS BEING TRANSFERED TO HIM.

I concur.
kwenu:
THE POWERHOUSE OF THE SOUL IS THE BRAIN (MEMORY)
AND THE SPIRIT CONTROLS THE SOUL (BRAIN , MEMORY, THINKING FACULTY)
EMOTIONS ARE EVIDENCE THAT SPIRITS ARE PRESENT IN A BODY

Absolutely in agreement.
kwenu:
THE SPIRIT THAT MAKES MAN A LIVING SOUL IS DIVINE,ITS FROM GOD ALONE
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by SNCOQ3(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
///////-------spirit
Man //-------soul--> mind----emotion-----will
///////-------body

The expression of the spirit is the conscience
The expression of the the soul is reasoning
The expression of the body is feelings
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
I agree with your submissions, bro. smiley
Reference: The soul is the interface between the body, the earth and all that is visible, tangible, etc in its temporal form and the spirit in whichever spiritual realm, God and all that is permanent, intangible, that exists eternally.

The soul is the seat of the mind that interacts with the tangible by feelings and senses and interacts with the spirit or spiritual things by faith.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by mitobiju: 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
humans r souls. U r a soul. D spirit is d breath of live dat God blew into Adam n dat all living souls have.Souls dies n d spirit returns 2 d giver who is God.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Chemz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
,Public Show of ignoramity !!! Who said that God records ur sin in a drive call soul or that spirit and soul are the same.thanks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by freshdew: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=ijawkid]

Perfect answer...

Buzugee hope ur learning from an atheist

Soul that sins dies...

Soul is d being itself.....

Adam became a living soul....

Animals are souls too.... (1)The soul dat sins dies.(2)As man die so animals die.diz are de statements frm de Bible-it means dat de soul is de whole of u as a living man,woman or animal-de whole of u.note dat Adam became a living soul after receiving de bret of life,without which Adam remains a lifeless obeject.So,in a nutshel u are a soul.Whateva u use ur soul or ur God given gift of life 2 do,detemines weda u live or die which is determined by God de one who gave u dis gift of life-ur very soul. The word spirit has contexual meanings:holy spirit-God's active force 4 acomplishing any of his purposes-The greatest force of all.(2)The spirit of man-dis could have divergent meanings;4instance,in refering to man as a living creature,de spirit in man is de life sustaning force of man-man ceases 2 exist wen dis life's force is no longer dere 2 sustain us-de same way a candle light ceases to exist-man is dead.If dere is no electrical current 2 power ur electrical apliaces dey are as gud as ded in whateva shape it may be or whateva task it may perform.It is de same electrical power/current dat wil be used to revive it-dis mit lid us 2 de topic of rezuretion.dere oda aspects of spirit dat I wud've luvd 2 toch but I'm tired of typin.rich me on my mail.@/harmonyorun@gmail.com.tnx.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by shadrach77: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
the difference is simple - spirit has to do with the supernatural. Spirit is controlled by GOD. Soul is controlled by MAN. smiley smiley smiley
Ezekiel 18:20 - The soul than sinneth shall die. Notice it does not say the SPIRIT shall die because your spirit cannot die. Your spirit is what connects you to God so when you die, your spirit will continue to live smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by freshdew: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=ijawkid]

Perfect answer...

Buzugee hope ur learning from an atheist

Soul that sins dies...

Soul is d being itself.....

Adam became a living soul....

Animals are souls too.... (1)The soul dat sins dies.(2)As man die so animals die.diz are de statements frm de Bible-it means dat de soul is de whole of u as a living man,woman or animal-de whole of u.note dat Adam became a living soul after receiving de bret of life,without which Adam remains a lifeless obeject.So,in a nutshel u are a soul.Whateva u use ur soul or ur God given gift of life 2 do,detemines weda u live or die which is determined by God de one who gave u dis gift of life-ur very soul. The word spirit has contexual meanings:holy spirit-God's active force 4 acomplishing any of his purposes-The greatest force of all.(2)The spirit of man-dis could have divergent meanings;4instance,in refering to man as a living creature,de spirit in man is de life sustaning force of man-man ceases 2 exist wen dis life's force is no longer dere 2 sustain us-de same way a candle light ceases to exist-man is dead.If dere is no electrical current 2 power ur electrical apliaces dey are as gud as ded in whateva shape it may be or whateva task it may perform.It is de same electrical power/current dat wil be used to revive it-dis mit lid us 2 de topic of rezuretion.dere oda aspects of spirit dat I wud've luvd 2 toch but I'm tired of typin.rich me on my mail.@/harmonyorun@gmail.com.tnx.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by StepG: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2012

correct guy well xplained.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by lekkie073(m): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
Plentiful bumkum...
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by rastamouse: 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2012

Big ups my bro. Just declare it to the whole world NOW!
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by StepG: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: I concur.

Again, i concur with this.

With this, i definitely do not concur. There is no difference between MAN and the animal kingdom, as far as the SPIRIT goes. The same SPIRIT that resides in MAN resides in animals, no difference whatsoever.

The difference here, however, is the SOUL. The SOUL formed in MAN is quite different from the one formed in a DOG, for example, mainly because they are both programed differently by their different environments and the way they interact with them.

In addition, only the SOUL can be transferred between living things. The SPIRIT, on the other hand, cannot be moved about because the spirit is already everywhere at all times, all pervasive, so it needs not be artificially transferred anywhere to be everywhere.

So, in conclusion, the SOUL is the difference between living beings, man or animal, and not the SPIRIT.

I concur.

Absolutely in agreement.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by kayusbrown(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
kayusbrown: The concept of Body, Soul and Spirit can be best explained using the water tap analogy. There are three major components in a water tap; pressure, water and pipe. Pressure drives the water through the pipe. Similarly, the Spirit is the invisible force or pressure that drives the Soul while the Body is the vessel that accomodates the Spirit and the Soul. Of the three, the Spirit is the strongest while the Body is the weakest.
Learnt a great deal from this thread. Its awesome how arguing nairalanders understand the mystical nature of man. Thumps up
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by kwenu: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2012

IF THERE S NO DIFFERENCE THEN WHY DONT WE SEE DOGS TALK LIKE WE HUMANS,
MAN HAVE A UNIQUE GRACE, THIS BE THE REASON

I DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THIS,
YES SPIRITS ARE EVERYWHERE BUT THEY NEED TO BE TRANSFERED
SPIRITS ARE TRANSFERABLE , STUDY YOUR BIBLE, THE SPIRIT IN MOSES WAS TRANSFERED TO THE ELDERS OF ISREAL ELISHA REQUESTED FOR A SPIRIT TRANSFER,(CHECK YOUR OLD TESTAMENT)BY GOD.
WE AS CHRISTIANS RECIEVE A NEW SPIRIT WHEN BORN AGAIN, IF THERES NO TRANSFER OF SPIRIT THEN THERES NO MIRACLE
THE SPIRIT IS THE SOURCE OF THE SOUL, THE SOUL ITSELF FEEDS ON WORDS AND WORDS ARE SPIRIT, IF IT BE THAT THE SOUL IS DEPENDANT, THEN HOW COME U SAY

THERES A PARTICLULAR GRACE COMMON TO EVERY THING LIVING UNDER THE SUN, INCLUDING PLANT, ANIMALS AND MAN. THAT GRACE IS CALLED LIFE
MAN HAPPEND TO BE LUCKIEST OF THE THREE BECAUSE HE FOUND A UNIQUE GRACE. THAT MAN IS CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
can someone who's been dead before and somehow was able to be among us, educate us on what to expect at the other side.

we are able to feel pain thanks to our neurons-brain connection. when these are dead and rotten
how will bad people feel hell fire?

why do i feel that once we die, it goes back to how it was before we were born.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
It seems answers backed up wit Scriptures wil prove more effective. The word of God is powerful. (Heb 4:12) Pls provide scripture references.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Goldenheart(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
MAN.........He is a spirit who has a soul and lives in the body......when a man dies, his body returns to d earth, his spirit goes 2d maker or sponsor......and the soul is left to its fate.......... cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Goldenheart(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
webdezzi: can someone who's been dead before and somehow was able to be among us, educate us on what to expect at the other side.

we are able to feel pain thanks to our neurons-brain connection. when these are dead and rotten

i ve been thinking of that too. We dnt knw hw we were b4 we were born, and i guess wen we die, its gonna be d same way.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Ronisky: 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
The Soul refers to d individual which means u as a whole is d soul. To confirm dis, Gen 2:7 states dat afta God had made Adam from d dust 'he breath into him n he became a living soul.' dis clearly shows dat Adam himself is d soul. And oda Bible reference made it clear dat animals re souls. And contrary to wat many think, d soul which is d individual dies at death. There is nothing lyk soul surviving n goin somwer. Ez 18 : 4. Dat is y wen dere is disaster, dose reporting normally say _ no of souls died. Then 4 spirit, it depends on d context. For example dere is a place in d Bible dat says wen a man dies he goes to d ground n his spirit goes to back to God. This is not in a literal sense. This simply means dat God, d lyf giver has d power to restore him back to lyf. To further prove dat d above is nt literal, wen lazarus died, der is nothing lyk his spirit going to mit God oda wise he wud nt hv bn happy afta bn raised bk to lyf, afta all evrybody wan go heaven. So he goin back to God afta death simply means dat God is d only 1 dat can bring him bk which he did by means of Jesus. Den in d oda context, d Bible clearly states dat flesh n blood cannot be in Heaven. So dose in heaven re spirit, we can nt c dem. Wen Jesus was RESURRECTED, he had a spirit body dat can nt be seen. He had to materialize to human form so his disciples cud c him.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by SNCOQ3(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
webdezzi: can someone who's been dead before and somehow was able to be among us, educate us on what to expect at the other side.

Well, I would have answer your question; But since its directed to a "dead-and-back-to-life someone", good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Eno: A Woman’s Role In Her Husband’s House Is To Increase His Wealth / Renouncing My Christian Faith / Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.