Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Should I Ask Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Ask Him? (1562 Views)

What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Ask Him? by sienna116(f): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2012
Now I am going to say it d way it is, all u read here is not fiction
Its d truth and nothing but the truth..there s ds guy I met, he seems interested in me, calls me, takes me out and also picks me up from work. The clause here is that he has 3 kids which he is not tryn to hide. He says he s not married. I wasn't too
Comfortable wit hs explanation on y he is not married. Now, I find out I m getting used to hs calls and pings. So I want to ask, would I be jumping d gun if I ask him what he wants from me before we go any further. I am 27 and d kids issue is a minus for me. I mean @ my age, wat I need is a serious relationship from a single and unattached guy. Ypur sincer and honest advice would be highly appreciated...
Re: Should I Ask Him? by Dyt(f): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2012
ofcus
u go on and ask him wat he wants
Re: Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
@OP
what has his kids got to do with A) him being single B) him being serious about you or C) him being attached?!

the fact that he has kids has absolutely nothing to do with the above as we all know that a man can have kids and STILL be single, unattached and looking for a serious r/ship, duh!
Re: Should I Ask Him? by chikeorji123(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
sienna116: Now I am going to say it d way it is, all u read here is not fiction
Its d truth and nothing but the truth..there s ds guy I met, he seems interested in me, calls me, takes me out and also picks me up from work. The clause here is that he has 3 kids which he is not tryn to hide. He says he s not married. I wasn't too
Comfortable wit hs explanation on y he is not married. Now, I find out I m getting used to hs calls and pings. So I want to ask, would I be jumping d gun if I ask him what he wants from me before we go any further. I am 27 and d kids issue is a minus for me. I mean @ my age, wat I need is a serious relationship from a single and unattached guy. Ypur sincer and honest advice would be highly appreciated...

Go ahead and ask him,atleast u have the right to know what he want.At ur age u don't need time wasted relationship. cool cool
Re: Should I Ask Him? by blacklion(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Moderators, shouldn't this be in the Romance section? What's the family element of this topic?

All dese small pikin for NL no get respect again. Abandoning Romance section to spam the Family section with their juvenile topics and discussions grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Should I Ask Him? by aije(f): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
Go ahead and ask him,atleast u have the right to know what he want.At ur age u don't need time wasted relationship.
@Chikeorji123, you have said it all.
Re: Should I Ask Him? by tasandra: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
@ Op,go ahead and ask him smileyand do more seacrh abt the guy ur self..
Re: Should I Ask Him? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
If i have a 27 yrs old sister i cherish, i won't advice her to marry a man that already has 3 kids.

1 Like

Re: Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
chaircover: MBJ it matters . . . infact it matters a lot and I am glad that she is uncomfortable with the situation which in turn is causing her to ask questions now rather than later when she has fallen head over heels in love and by which time she wont be able to make sensible decisions.

He could be a father of three; there is no issue with that . . . . . but under what circumstances? Is he a widow, divorced; once, twice, thrice? Does he have 1, 2 or 3 baby mommas? Is he a responsible dad? and so on

She needs to sit him down now that she still is in control of the situation and ask him for the full story. If she is happy with his explanation, then she has to sit down again and think about if she is ready to be a good and willing stepmother to 3, just incase the relationship blossoms and things progress to marriage.

sista CC, what matters here is that this guy is single, unattached and serious about her......and all this has absolutely nothing to do with the kids. now if having 3 kids is a problem for the poster, then THAT IS THE ISSUE and she shouldnt talk about anything else but that FIRST.
Re: Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jun 23, 2012
There is nothing wrong if you ask him detailed questions. If the kids dnt sit well with you leave the relationship you must not corner yourself, if you want a single, unattached young man go wait for him, he will come. Stop listening to your biological clock and fears of what if nobody else comes? If you dnt want to be a step mom don't settle. If you feel you can handle it then ask and ask and ask. Be courageous btw how old is this man?
Re: Should I Ask Him? by sienna116(f): 8:30am On Jun 23, 2012
Thank you all for ur various advice, I sure did pick something from every post. @ chaircover..I really appreciate, I can see y u re voted as the best. @ andromida, d guy in question is 34. I m not scared dat my biological clock. Far from it. Its just that I m getting used to ds guy n I wanna stop myself before I go nay further. But with d advise I ve gotten here I m sure I d make d right decsion.
Re: Should I Ask Him? by feminineA: 11:54am On Jun 23, 2012
I feel you need to pause ur love for the guy a bit and ask him questions. left to me he's a no go area. 3 kids for different women or same woman?what's the position of this women now I mean his relationship with her or them? Can you get one of them and ask questions?does he want to make you another baby mama?
What exactly do you want for yourself?how do you see your marriage?is he ready to marry you?re u ready to be a step moTher?are you ready for the hardwork attached to 'step' issues?

1st sit yourself down ask yourself honest questions and provide honest answers then you can go ahead and ask him. Coz if you don't know what you want then u will settle for anything!
Re: Should I Ask Him? by Busybody2(f): 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2012
sienna116: Now I am going to say it d way it is, all u read here is not fiction
Comfortable wit hs explanation on y he is not married. Now, I find out I m getting used to hs calls and pings. So I want to ask, would I be jumping d gun if I ask him what he wants from me before we go any further. [size=16pt]I am 27 and d kids issue is a minus for me. I mean @ my age, wat I need is a serious relationship from a single and unattached guy[/size]. Ypur sincer and honest advice would be highly appreciated...

Quit the desperado act, you already said up there that the children are a minus, so why are you still sticking around!

Don't ask him, and please move on, and have faith that your own single guy will come.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Me? / My Wife And I. / Strange But True: Meet The 'giraffe Boy (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.