Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? (2423 Views)

I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Please Nairalanders I Need Mature Advice / Should I Ask Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Chuks0485: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2012
A guy that wants 2 marry my sister is about to meet me so as to tell me that he wants to marry my immediate younger sister(he is meeting me because am d 1st born n a guy),what mature question(s) should i ask him?
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by coogar: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2012
Chuks0485: A guy that wants 2 marry my sister is about to meet me so as to tell me that he wants to marry my immediate younger sister(he is meeting me because am d 1st born n a guy),what mature question(s) should i ask him?

meeting you cos you are the first child?
please explain further....
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by r231(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2012
General interview questions

What he does,
What plan does he have for your sister
Ask about his family
Education and so on

Finally ask he if drinks and both of you can go for a drink sometime or maybe that's just me sha grin grin

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Odunnu: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2012
coogar:

Its part of culture my dear.
Are you married yourself?
Just be nice to him and look beyond his appearance
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by coogar: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2012
r231: General interview questions

What he does,
What plan does he have for your sister
Ask about his family
Education and so on

Finally ask he if drinks and both of you can go for a drink sometime or maybe that's just me sha grin grin

Goodluck

i just wanna know what these questions would achieve.....
girlfriend has made up her mind to marry the dude, whatever
the sister thinks from here does not affect the price of fish!

Odunnu:
Its part of culture my dear

you mean you would have me take an oral interview cos i am marrying
your sister? to what end? i could lie my way out of it preaching
i love your sister more than life itself....and i own the half of
port harcourt. in my opinion, i think the culture encourages our
men to lie.
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Odunnu: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2012
coogar:

Honey, this is Africa!
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by coogar: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2012
Odunnu:
Honey, this is Africa!

explains why africa is the most backward
continent in the solar system.
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by r231(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2012
coogar:

you mean you would have me take an oral interview cos i am marrying
your sister? to what end? i could lie my way out of it preaching
i love your sister more than life itself....and i own the half of
port harcourt. in my opinion, i think the culture encourages our
men to lie.

Hahahahaha grin grin

I am just helping the guy out cheesy
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by coogar: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2012
r231:
Hahahahaha grin grin

I am just helping the guy out cheesy

i understand....
what i am saying is the questions should be
directed to the sister not the romeo...he's
only answerable to the parents of the bride..
not any yeye egomaniac sister.
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by r231(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2012
coogar:

i understand....
what i am saying is the questions should be
directed to the sister not the romeo...he's
only answerable to the parents of the bride..
not any yeye egomaniac sister.

True

You are right actually
She should be able to tell the brother how well she knows him and the brother can take it from there

Something like, my sister said you work for so so and so or my sister said you studied at xyz uni
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Chuks0485: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2012
coogar:

Am the first in my family and it is customary in my area that whoever that wants to marry my younger sister will formally tell not only my parent but also me, and its normal to ask d guy some questions in order to know him better and ensure that my younger one isnt going into the wrong hand. Questions lik'what do u do 4 a living?','wer do u live?',hope u truely luv her?', etc. Its nt as if am d 1 to choose who will marry my sister. Hope u got what i mean? So any advice?
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by coogar: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2012
Chuks0485: Am the first in my family and it is customary in my area that whoever that wants to marry my younger sister will formally tell not only my parent but also me, and its normal to ask d guy some questions in order to know him better and ensure that my younger one isnt going into the wrong hand. Questions lik'what do u do 4 a living?','wer do u live?',hope u truely luv her?', etc. Its nt as if am d 1 to choose who will marry my sister. Hope u got what i mean? So any advice?

where is this area? grin
you're a guy? oh dear.....

just take the dude for a drink and arrange it in such
a way that would make it look like you're meeting a
new friend. the boyfriend should say what you want
to know about him.... just don't make it look like
you're quizzing him. it's tacky!
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by tobechi74: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2012
Ask him to narrate his love story
where he met ur sis
was it love at ist sight
haw long they have dated.
How wel he knows ur sister
he should name ur sister favorite food,colour,etc
have they quarelld b4?
Why?
Haw was it resolved?
Etc

then advice him,tel hm ur sis is dear to u.if she is in pain ure in pain.
Tel them trust,undastandin and tolerance are necesry 4 marriage 2 last.
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2012

2 Likes

Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by tasandra: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
@ op,why not?go ahead and do so smiley
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Chuks0485: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
Many thanks to u all 4 d wonderful advice. GOD BLESS NAIRALAND! GOD BLESS NAIRALANDERS!!
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Chuks0485: 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
Many thanks to u all 4 d wonderful advice. GOD BLESS NAIRALAND! GOD BLESS NAIRALANDERS!!
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 11, 2012
D very 1st time i met my fiancees elder sister (who is 11 yrs into her marriage wit kids) she asked me my name,what i do 4 a living,what are my intentions 4 her younger brother,am i just 'passing by or i want to settle with him',have i made up my mind i want to marry him,have i studied him well,have i studied his moods,likes and dislikes,what can i say about her kid brother,are u a christian or muslim,what do ur parents do,do u leave with ur parents or u stay alone,what church do u go,have u prayed about it.those are d questions she asked me and she made sure my guy was not @ home and i answere all dat for 2hrs,so u can pick some of dis questions,fine tune dem n ask ur broda in law to be.make sure she isnt around.fix a date with him where u can talk man to man and so ull have an idea of d kind of man ur sista is goin to marry.be very objective ,remove emotions and sentiments out of d way and d only way to do dat is by ensuring shes not goin to be around d day u make an appointmement with him.u can just ask ur sista to give u his phone number,call him on phone and ask when he will be free so he can see u.make sure u dnt tel him d purpose of his visit so dat u can catch him unawares.treat him good and make him comfortable,offer him food or drinks,den u can talk,as simple as dat.kojuyen lo

1 Like

Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by blacklion(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
chaircover: This coogar sef angry na only God save you that you didnt/wont come looking for my sister grin

actually the questions are a good thing. They make the man realize that his wife to be comes from a caring and close knit family. Truth be told, sometimes men mistreat their wives because they now that there is no one there for her. It also gives the family background info on the man that they are letting into the family. When people are in love, they sometimes miss important flaws in their partner and it takes an unbiased person to see these things.

As for me I ask my aburos questions o! I ask both my relative and the wife/husband to be to be sure that everyone is on the same page. if my relatives live in peace, that means that I have peace also. No one wants to spend all their time sorting out other peoples husband/wife problems or being called at 1am in the morning to come and take a broken armed relative to hospital.

Well put, Madam CC! Some of our people can like to form oyinbo. Is it news that in Nigeria, future in-laws may like to grill a prospective suitor for their daughter/sister's hand?
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Chrisegro: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
Wot r his plans for her, wia does he see himself in d next yr,couple of yrs and so on
Re: What Mature Question(s) Should I Ask Him? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
What he loves about your sister
Why he loves her and want to marry her
How does he sees married life with her
What are his plans for the future

(1) (Reply)

The End Of Marriages. / Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? / Funny Things About Nigeria Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.