Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport (12280 Views)

Help On Passport Travel History / Data Change On Passport.. / Change Of Name On Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
I'm working on bringing my fiance over to the US.

Years back before I met her she had gotten a passport where they used the wrong date of birth for her (not even close).

Since as a US Citizen, I am not going to approach the embassy with known fraudulaent paperwork. What is the correct process/approach to getting this corrected? Also, what is the cost I should be looking at.

Thanks.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by steve13(m): 7:38am On Jun 22, 2012
What age difference are we looking at? Is she suppose to be older or younger?can she provide a solid reason why she made the mistake?this thing is really not easy,not easy but if the difference is not much then its 50 50,but if its much, angry
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by blank(f): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2012
I am talking from the experience of a colleague.
His father increased his date of birth so that he can go for Hajj now the father wants to change it to his normal age. This is over 1 year and they are still on it. Immigration flatly refused to change it and the father is well-connected o.

It is only in Abuja you can change any detail on your e-passport. It is more expensive than getting a first passport.

(Applicable if it was on the e-passport that the wrong age was put and if its in Nigeria you want to renew).
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 23, 2012
Thanks for the responses.

She was made to be 12 years older. I really wished she had disclosed this to me when we first met.

Anyways this is on the e-passport and she's still in Nigeria.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by steve13(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2012
Bro,if U̶̲̥̅̊ go tru all my post,I hadly use the word "imposible",naa but this case ,that word is just appropirate,save ur strength and money.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by ghranty: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2012
Guess wat.? I had same issue while I wanted to get ma passport @ Festac immigration office.... Instead of March 8 1985, d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ entered August 3 1985. Tellin mi I was at fault Dat I used a British format to fill ma form (3-8-1985).... I pestered dem for more dan a month and A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ I was told is to go to Abuja for any correction.... Let's smile a little... :-). while I was inside dat storm, I had sweet privileges of meetin wif top officials of dat office, infact I was @ d office of d overall Boss lobbyin for ma course... To cut ma story short... I had it done (asin, corrected n post dated) ryt inside dat office wit d assistance of sm1 who had d code to d site but ofcus partin wif some cash.. I'd be a Big fool to think it wasn't necessary to collect d direct contact of dis dude... Wat oda pple go to Sokoto to do can also be done ryt here in our sokoto, it is very possible. :-) d concerned person sud feel free to ☎ mi
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by justwise(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2012
ghranty: Guess wat.? I had same issue while I wanted to get ma passport @ Festac immigration office.... Instead of March 8 1985, d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ entered August 3 1985. Tellin mi I was at fault Dat I used a British format to fill ma form (3-8-1985).... I pestered dem for more dan a month and A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ I was told is to go to Abuja for any correction.... Let's smile a little... :-). while I was inside dat storm, I had sweet privileges of meetin wif top officials of dat office, infact I was @ d office of d overall Boss lobbyin for ma course... To cut ma story short... I had it done (asin, corrected n post dated) ryt inside dat office wit d assistance of sm1 who had d code to d site but ofcus partin wif some cash.. I'd be a Big fool to think it wasn't necessary to collect d direct contact of dis dude... Wat oda pple go to Sokoto to do can also be done ryt here in our sokoto, it is very possible. :-) d concerned person sud feel free to ☎ mi

Don't even try it here, there is no... 'call me for this or that here', if you got anything to share do it openly here.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by Talk2naija(m): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
That's an Error.. She has to go NIS in Abuja, with all her Geniue Documents and the Passport.. Shikena
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by futurewise11(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2012
He must go to abuja dats for sure.
So,let him go to abuja with a valid means of I d that have the correct details(waec result,drivers licence or public publication).it will be correctedbut mind u,u can also start d process from lagos (dats frm the immigration guys) and just go to abuja for scanning,once its ready u will just go and collect it from ur contact in lagos.that's for d busy people.u will b charge like 50'k by those immigration guys in ikoyi
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by tlk2Prince(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
@Simorin sorry I got notin to offer concerning ur issue, but I wld like to ask some question on ur thread.... @all please kindly advice, the age on my Original waec certificate is not the same with that of my Intnl passport and NPC birth cert. So am curious if it will stand as a challenge when I present my documents for visa...
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by Fajummy: 7:59am On May 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please I need a very huge favour. I have been using an assumed DOB for everything not until recently I got my real date of birth.and now I need to change my DOB on my passport. I have submitted every relevant documents to effect this change to the Nigerian Embassy UAE. But I was told to still get someone from Nigeria to help me monitor it. Please any assistance you can render will be really acknowledged. Thanks.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by Fajummy: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
Fajummy:
Hello everyone,
Please I need a very huge favour. I have been using an assumed DOB for everything not until recently I got my real date of birth.and now I need to change my DOB on my passport. I have submitted every relevant documents to effect this change to the Nigerian Embassy UAE. But I was told to still get someone from Nigeria to help me monitor it. Please any assistance you can render will be really acknowledged. Thanks.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by blank(f): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
Why not continue with your assumed DOB. It's so difficult to change everything. Including BVN, etc.
Re: How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport by business4all: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
I'm working on bringing my fiance over to the US.

Years back before I met her she had gotten a passport where they used the wrong date of birth for her (not even close).

Since as a US Citizen, I am not going to approach the embassy with known fraudulaent paperwork. What is the correct process/approach to getting this corrected? Also, what is the cost I should be looking at.

Thanks.
The agent thought he could get her a visa just by increasing her age. People don’t know it’s gonna hunt them in the future. Another example I think.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tankers On Fire At Ijora, Apapa Lagos / Trucks Block Apapa Port Access Roads, Despite Presidential Order / Nigeria’s Major Airports Not Designed For International Operations - Hadi Sirika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.