Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash (20340 Views)

Federal Government Girls' College, Onitsha (my Alma Mater) / Federal Govt Girls' College Sagamu Oldies (shaggy Girls): Drop A Line! / Federal Govt Girls' College,oyo(owini) Ex-students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by angayejuni: 3:58am On Jun 24, 2012
Tony Spike: This is how cultism starts in high school and continues at tertiary level. Just some days ago, somebody mentioned that cultism doesn't exist in Rivers State. The truth is that the whole of South-South States has some forms of cultism, ranging from mild to severe. The most pathetic fact is that this is an "all-girls" school and a Federal Government College for that matter...
When they have sex always like matured ladies they feel that they r matured and can do away wit anything. Sexuallity freaks the mind
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by SpiritofOkija(m): 6:34am On Jun 24, 2012
CECOM: This is really Pathetic and clearly shows the level of moral decadence that our society has fallen into.
Imagine Secondary students students carrying weapons with an aim to Maim or probably kill fellow students \ staff. Not to mention all other immoral acts as depicted by the initial post.
These vices and moral decadence is witnessed in most schools today while everyone looks the other way. And today in the Society, we are havesting this Seed that is actually sown in the Homes and Watered in the Schools.
More disgusting is some of the posts I have read here justifying in one way or the other this very dispicable and ugly incident.

@Spirit of Okija.. Have you really read the report about this incident and you compare it with your Dad digging hole around their pricipal car in their own days and at the same time call it normal and Youth exuberance *smh*

For those telling us this Institution produces world queens and academically sound students, what about moral soundness, discipline and character on which most academic honours are also issued.

Finally, Our educational system is really a mess and Government and its institutions have completed failed. Juvinile Deliquency, Truancy and vices could be expected among teenagers (a few bad eggs though) but it is the duty of these institutions to protect and educate the kids and as much as possible prevent the thuggery and bloodbath we keep seeing in our Nation.

Dude....

I don't live more than 10mins away from that school. After I saw this thread, I immediately called up one of my girls whose mum teaches in that school and she confirmed the story. Her mum dispelled the bringing of boys into the school gist but however said the fight took a bloody turn this time around. She however said that fights between SS2 girls and SS3 girls has been a yearly occurrence at the school and it's borne out of power struggle. The only difference was that this time around, weapons were used and casualties were high. If you attended a government school were SS3 students were Demi-gods and could punish students, you'll better appreciate the turn of events that transpired in the school. Nobody I'd saying it's good or okay, but let's leave the government out of this. This is strictly a case of juvenile delinquency gone wrong. Even I had fights with senior students in my days... These institutions educate, discipline and try as much as they can to protect these kids the best they can... Wait till you have kids then maybe you'll understand the pressures these teachers have to deal with daily.. I just hope no permanent damage was done, that's all.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by tpia5: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2012
this SS1- SS3 thingy has been around long enough, imo.

Britain is thinking of returning to the GCE O level system, so why cant nigeria do the same.

the kids are staying too long in secondary school.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by CECOM: 8:16am On Jun 24, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Dude....

I don't live more than 10mins away from that school. After I saw this thread, I immediately called up one of my girls whose mum teaches in that school and she confirmed the story. Her mum dispelled the bringing of boys into the school gist but however said the fight took a bloody turn this time around. She however said that fights between SS2 girls and SS3 girls has been a yearly occurrence at the school and it's borne out of power struggle. The only difference was that this time around, weapons were used and casualties were high. If you attended a government school were SS3 students were Demi-gods and could punish students, you'll better appreciate the turn of events that transpired in the school. Nobody I'd saying it's good or okay, but let's leave the government out of this. This is strictly a case of juvenile delinquency gone wrong. Even I had fights with senior students in my days... These institutions educate, discipline and try as much as they can to protect these kids the best they can... Wait till you have kids then maybe you'll understand the pressures these teachers have to deal with daily.. I just hope no permanent damage was done, that's all.

My Brother let me start by telling I had the rare opportunity of passing thru both system of education. 3 years in a Fed Govt school and 3 years in a missionary private.

Let get some things staright.
-That a 'wrong' has been going on for years does not make it any less Bad. Because it will only get worse.

-Parent should bring up there kids well. thatz a good point but if our children are gonna be in schol even for only 1 hour, there should be the assurance that everything will be done to protect them. From bullies, Undue peer pressure, Assualt and even from the staff too. Everybody has a role to play and the school Management has the Authority to wield the big stick but unfortuanately today they are so match after power, contracts and Money to care or in other cases they say it is a 'yearly occurrence'.

-In my. Secondary school days, Senior students had the right to discipline Junior students too but you know why this kind of incident never happened then. Simply because the school had and excersised the overall authority over but the senior and Junior student and if they felt you were not manageable, you are expelled \ suspended.
I want to bet you that if this incident is well handled and those who are found culpable are duly punished by expelling them as this is a criminal offense, this kind of incident will not occur in that school again at least until every student who witnessed the incident and saw the consequence have graduated.

We all need to start taking responsibilities for our actions and inactions. Parents, school authorities and Government.
And also instil in these young ones the essence of Responsibilities, Accountability and Character.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by komek(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
afam4eva: My sister attended this school alongside Agbani darego.
meaning what?
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by GboyegaD(m): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

JustsoYouKnow..... This debate isn't a diick measuring competition of whose dad had a harder life growing up or whose Dad scored the highest in school.... All I was trying to point out is that we have always had students acting unruly... It's a standard part of secondary school education.. Secondary school is for teenagers who are at that rebellious age.. It's nothing new... My beef is people blaming it on our educational sector... The decline in education and the truancy of minors are two separate issues and should be dealt with as such. I am today a graduate, well spoken and responsible, however I am a product of government education as well... I attended a public secondary and primary school. In my days, we did all sorts of nasty things. This is an issue that has to do with teenagers gone wild. Deal with it as such and don't drag the government into this. That's all I am saying.

The fact is if our educational sector is efficient enough, things wouldn't deteriorate to this level. The sharp decline in standard is the cause of these nasty things we are experiencing. The truancy and teenagers gone wild like you call it can be well checked as it was in the days before our genenration and it is because of the laxity in discipline that things keep getting worse. You either choose to admit the truth or live in denial that this is not a result of the drop in educational standards.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by rubii09: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Funny story

1 Like

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by Aliciakeys(f): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2020
7+ years after....

How time flies, thank God for life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed / Waec 2023 Chemistry Practical Practice Questions / Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.