Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash (20364 Views)

Federal Government Girls' College, Onitsha (my Alma Mater) / Federal Govt Girls' College Sagamu Oldies (shaggy Girls): Drop A Line! / Federal Govt Girls' College,oyo(owini) Ex-students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by y2kaustin(m): 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
dayokanu: Normal SS2 and SS3 are usually 14, 15 and 16yrs

This means these are children born in 1995, 1996 and 1997
,......Ur absolutely wrong,this days they are 20,22 and 24.

Na wa ooo
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
GboyegaD:

Oga sir, what point are you driving home here? If it is not the decay in educational system, where would student get the boldness to do such?

Go and ask your parents to give you their gist.. Every now and again, students always did something overly outrageous.. Like I pointed out, I grew up in that system (Government Schools) and as much as it was wild, it was fun.. Our teachers taught well then (atleast 90% of them did), and in terms of actual school work, we did do what we were supposed to.. However, when it comes to the extra-curricular activities, it was wilder..

My dad actually told me of how caught a snake and put in in the principals office.. Told me also of how himself and some guys dug the ground outside the Principals house, buried the principals car and walked away.. Sometimes when my dad is gisting me of his high school shinanigans, I just stare like WOW!!

Abuloma girls haa always been wild since time immemorial.. I had fights on that school ground.. But the one thing I always liked about them girls is that when you see a graduate of Abuloma Girls outside, she has better carriage than most private secondary school girls. Those girls act like they were mentored by University girls.. They are not naive in subjects regarding men and relationships at all.. Like I said, my kids may not attend FGGC Port-Harcourt, but best believe that they are attending a Pro-Unitate Secondary school.. The lessons they learn from there are priceless.. Its not a school for the faint hearted.. Thats the breeding ground of tough exposed students.

1 Like

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by y2kaustin(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
afam4eva: My sister attended this school alongside Agbani darego.
....And whats ur point?
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by y2kaustin(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
blumail: shocked This is really badddd. Where did they get such liver from?
....Nollywood!
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by roqchiq(f): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
but really am not suprised...i attended f.g.g.c abuloma when Mrs Ekpo was principal, and indiscipline was the order of the day,we even had a legacy ''sheila the killer'' (or sumtin like that), school was upside down, i didnt finish there,had 2 leave. But i heard the school was reformed and all that. Well i guess not,pity.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
roqchiq: but really am not suprised...i attended f.g.g.c abuloma when Mrs Ekpo was principal, and indiscipline was the order of the day,we even had a legacy ''sheila the killer'' (or sumtin like that), school was upside down, i didnt finish there,had 2 leave. But i heard the school was reformed and all that. Well i guess not,pity.

That means you must be pretty
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by GboyegaD(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Go and ask your parents to give you their gist.. Every now and again, students always did something overly outrageous.. Like I pointed out, I grew up in that system (Government Schools) and as much as it was wild, it was fun.. Our teachers taught well then (atleast 90% of them did), and in terms of actual school work, we did do what we were supposed to.. However, when it comes to the extra-curricular activities, it was wilder..

My dad actually told me of how caught a snake and put in in the principals office.. Told me also of how himself and some guys dug the ground outside the Principals house, buried the principals car and walked away.. Sometimes when my dad is gisting me of his high school shinanigans, I just stare like WOW!!

Abuloma girls haa always been wild since time immemorial.. I had fights on that school ground.. But the one thing I always liked about them girls is that when you see a graduate of Abuloma Girls outside, she has better carriage than most private secondary school girls. Those girls act like they were mentored by University girls.. They are not naive in subjects regarding men and relationships at all.. Like I said, my kids may not attend FGGC Port-Harcourt, but best believe that they are attending a Pro-Unitate Secondary school.. The lessons they learn from there are priceless.. Its not a school for the faint hearted.. Thats the breeding ground of tough exposed students.

Now I see your point. Anyways, the testimonies my father has was how they read under street light in his days, had to walk so many kilometers to and fro school each day, how didilgent they were to their studies which made himself and his friends successful. Your dad telling you all those stories were no good examples and I see why you do not find your tales as being uncalled for. Whilst I understand that sometimes some people act silly by avoiding school, jumping the fence etc, you truly do not want to hear how most of them are doing presently.

1 Like

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2012
GboyegaD:

Now I see your point. Anyways, the testimonies my father has was how they read under street light in his days, had to walk so many kilometers to and fro school each day, how didilgent they were to their studies which made himself and his friends successful. Your dad telling you all those stories were no good examples and I see why you do not find your tales as being uncalled for. Whilst I understand that sometimes some people act silly by avoiding school, jumping the fence etc, you truly do not want to hear how most of them are doing presently.

Hahahahaaaa.. Clowning!!

SO.. Just because my father was honest enough to tell me that he had his own truancy makes it a bad experience.. Did your father ver shove his Waec certificate in your face as evidence that he cleared all A's in school?! My father is a genius.. He didnt need to sit under streetlights to study.. When I told you about his truancy, I left it at that because I wasnt doing an auto-biography on him.. My point is that this type of madness has always been there.. Its not good, n\but it has nothing to do with quality of education.. If your pikin spoil, no be government fault..

1 Like

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
d owl:
sorry 2 disappiont u,i'm not a thug like u. By november i'l be a graduate...not just a graduate but i'm graduating wit excellent CGPA. I'v bn an active student leader since my 2nd year...u sound like a thug

sorry my dear, i did my NYSC in 2001. if a piece of advice sounds thuggery to you then you have a lot to learn after schooling tongue

3 Likes

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by hardywaltz(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija: If you grew in Port-Harcourt, Schooled in Port-Harcourt, then you will surely know that Abuloma Girls Secondary school is legendary for many things.. From the fact that MIss World Agbani Darego graduated from there, to the fact that they have the finest girls (of all secondary schools), Throw the wildest school parties (Abuloma Press Day), rearing ground for lesbians and the mythical r'aping a guy to death story.. We always had fights between secondary schools at Abuloma girls Press Day event.. Bereton, FGC boys, I.S.S and Uniport Secondary..

This story dosent phase me at all as it ist new at all.. In my secondary school (Also in Port Harcourt), we fought SS3 students on a regular with cutlasses and machetes.. The story of cultists being invited into the school, is definitely a big lie as anybody who knows where Abuloma girls is located would know that it would take a while to rally cult boys together and and them into the school before officers from Abuloma Police Station (which is barely 3minutes away) would close in on the school..

This has nothing to do with the decay in the education system as I passed through this exact same system. In our school days, I remember FGC Rumuokoro took their teachers hostage when they locked them inside the staff room.. It took the intervention of military men from Bori Camp which is directly across the road from the school to bring the situation under control..

What peaked my interest in the whole tale was the fact that they still observed punishment rule (Where a senior can punish a junior in the school).. I could have sworn that tradition was dead..

Pro Unitate jor.. My kids are definitely attending this school.. All these people shouting what are our schools turning into are private schooled puppies.. In all government/semi-governm,enmt schools, its survival of the fitest..
My Broda thank you, if you didn't attend a Federal Government College where u are put through the harshest of situation and still expected to pass ur xams u won't understand it.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by Onyenna(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Teenage Girls!!!!! Prolly between 15 and 17 years old!!!....I don't even know how to start shouting.....SMH...... Even when I was in secondary school, I knew of other secondary schools(only boys) that practised CULTISM!!!!... This is no JOKE.... Some people think cultism has to do with our universities alone.... Some people(esp. boys) became cultists in their secondary schools......
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by Wendyslims(f): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
Abuloma Girls have alway been wild all along. In 1999, my elder sis was a hostel captain and she dare not confront her mates when they were "fagging" as in bullying junior girls. this led to d death of a student in hostel. All SS3 students were deboarded. My parents withdrew my younger sis immediately. There were cases of SS3 girls bringing in boys to terrorize mostly SS2 girls usually during what was called "RED NIGHT" (nite when ss3 girls fight, bully, n injury students of lowere forms mostly during the final stages of WAEC and later NECO). I guess that was usual in all girls schools cos it also happedn in my school in a different state.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by tpia5: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
Those girls act like they were mentored by University girls.. They are not naive in subjects regarding men and relationships at all.

Are they in school to learn about men and relationships?

that's the reason for sending them there?

1 Like

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by tpia5: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2012
My point is that this type of madness has always been there.. Its not good, n\but it has nothing to do with quality of education.. If your pikin spoil, no be government fault..

true anyway.

for the most part.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by Goldenheart(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
....GEj....why? grin
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by IYANGBALI: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
we are all living in a jungle and not a country
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by GboyegaD(m): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija:
Hahahahaaaa.. Clowning!!

SO.. Just because my father was honest enough to tell me that he had his own truancy makes it a bad experience.. Did your father ver shove his Waec certificate in your face as evidence that he cleared all A's in school?! My father is a genius.. He didnt need to sit under streetlights to study.. When I told you about his truancy, I left it at that because I wasnt doing an auto-biography on him.. My point is that this type of madness has always been there.. Its not good, n\but it has nothing to do with quality of education.. If your pikin spoil, no be government fault..

Not only did my dad made a Grade I he also got 2 awards as best student in 2 subjects. Besides, reading under streetlights was because my grandfather couldn't afford to pay bills so the best option was to make use of the available. As regardsing the truancy, what was experienced in those days was never this bad and what we are experiencing now is a result of moral and education decadence which I think we all can testify to if we check the standards in our days and what is obtainable now. A spoilt child is not just the product of a bad home alone but also that of the society he lives in. Remember we are Nigerians and we still believe in the proverb "It takes one to have a child but the community to nurture him(her)".
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by billyG(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
mmmmh,im speechless boarding school is a fertile grd4 cultism.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
galaxi:
lolz nuture base 4world queens indeed.
Its the truth. The school is were queens are nutured.can't start naming how many queens we have produced. In the just concluded mbgn we produced two queens including the miss Nigeria now Damiete.
Attended that school and I'm very proud of my school. We ain't just beautiful but we've gat the brains too. Academically the school is very sound. And about them stripping for the guards..lols that's a lie. Abu girls are too proud for such.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by flairlady(f): 12:06am On Jun 23, 2012
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by drfomsky(f): 1:45am On Jun 23, 2012
This was my alma mater! That is so sad I don't know what to say!
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by item1: 2:16am On Jun 23, 2012
I left secoundary school quite some years ago and it was a renowned government secoundary school.
I remember many of the boys we knew as storborn then, these days when I ask of them many are dead due to avoidable cir-com-stances. Some alive are either mad or have nothing to live for. That how they always end up. Just hope these children can learn.

1 Like

Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by megxo(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2012
dat fact is... All-girls skool always looked lyk an avenue 2 build corrupt practices into young ones, dats wia u'll find cases of lesbianism, som learn 2 smoke, prostitute, even learn violence... U wey ur sista de dia, watch ha well cos una candle fit de finish 4 house.smiley.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by sigba(f): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija: But the one thing I always liked about them girls is that when you see a graduate of Abuloma Girls outside, she has better carriage than most private secondary school girls. Those girls act like they were mentored by University girls.. They are not naive in subjects regarding men and relationships at all.. Like I said, my kids may not attend FGGC Port-Harcourt, but best believe that they are attending a Pro-Unitate Secondary school.. The lessons they learn from there are priceless.. Its not a school for the faint hearted.. Thats the breeding ground of tough exposed students.
You re so on point monsieur, FGGC Abu is the nuture base for world queens. What happened has always been happening, there has never been a good relationship between SS2girls and SS3girls, but they went overboard wit this one. It's obvious that rate of moral decadence in our society is beyond control.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by SpiritofOkija(m): 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
GboyegaD:

Not only did my dad made a Grade I he also got 2 awards as best student in 2 subjects. Besides, reading under streetlights was because my grandfather couldn't afford to pay bills so the best option was to make use of the available. As regardsing the truancy, what was experienced in those days was never this bad and what we are experiencing now is a result of moral and education decadence which I think we all can testify to if we check the standards in our days and what is obtainable now. A spoilt child is not just the product of a bad home alone but also that of the society he lives in. Remember we are Nigerians and we still believe in the proverb "It takes one to have a child but the community to nurture him(her)".

JustsoYouKnow..... This debate isn't a diick measuring competition of whose dad had a harder life growing up or whose Dad scored the highest in school.... All I was trying to point out is that we have always had students acting unruly... It's a standard part of secondary school education.. Secondary school is for teenagers who are at that rebellious age.. It's nothing new... My beef is people blaming it on our educational sector... The decline in education and the truancy of minors are two separate issues and should be dealt with as such. I am today a graduate, well spoken and responsible, however I am a product of government education as well... I attended a public secondary and primary school. In my days, we did all sorts of nasty things. This is an issue that has to do with teenagers gone wild. Deal with it as such and don't drag the government into this. That's all I am saying.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by TeemahFashion(f): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
Anyone who does dat must be very silly. But then, let me ask, who is or are to be blamed
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by munzub: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
I DONT KNW WT KIND OF MODAS THESE GALS WUD GROW UP 2BE. AND WT KIND OF CHILDREN DEY WUD BREED 4 NIGERIA. WAR,TERROR,BRUTALISM,SAVALGRY. DESE R D WORDS I CAN USE 2DESCRIBE D SITUATION OF DIS COUNTRY. MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by mercurie(f): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
I weep deeply dat my own almamater is producing such news.My set(2006) experienced problems bw ss3 n' ss2 but nt 2 d extent of carrying weapons. @ op I dnt believe ur story of bringing boys into d dormitories at all. All d same God bless FGGC Abuloma
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by mercurie(f): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
I will forever respect Abu gals. Though I'm disappointed at d incident cos it went oveerboard. FGGC Abuloma my almamater those days will forever produce the best in all. This year's MBGN Damiete, last year, 2nd runner up MBGN Nengi, 3 years back MBGN Munachim, 1ce best in d whole west Africa(waec) jane, former miss daniels maureen, 1st runner up ivuoma, once miss world agbani darego, so many state governor's wives, etc. No matter wat pple will always look up 2 us in all phases of life. Even private schools can't match us. Though I don't support d extreme misconduct.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by sugardaddy1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2012
I have always known FGC Abuloma to be notorious for students who are practically love-peddlers in boarding school hostels, the only thing new in the whole story is the degree of violence they exhibited.
If you know what is good for your wards as a guardian or parent, pls avoid sending them to boarding schools. Boarding schools, as we know them today in Nigeria, are breading grounds for cultists and criminal elements in the society.
May God help all of us.
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by bodik(m): 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

You have said the truth, but remember not everyone here understands what you are talking about cos they did not pass thru that system. [b][/b]IF I HAD A MILLION CHANCES TO ATTEND A SECONDARY SCHOOL AGAIN, PRO UNITATE FOR LIFE
Re: Abuloma Girls College: Students Hospitalised After Bloody Clash by CECOM: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2012
This is really Pathetic and clearly shows the level of moral decadence that our society has fallen into.
Imagine Secondary students students carrying weapons with an aim to Maim or probably kill fellow students \ staff. Not to mention all other immoral acts as depicted by the initial post.
These vices and moral decadence is witnessed in most schools today while everyone looks the other way. And today in the Society, we are havesting this Seed that is actually sown in the Homes and Watered in the Schools.
More disgusting is some of the posts I have read here justifying in one way or the other this very dispicable and ugly incident.

@Spirit of Okija.. Have you really read the report about this incident and you compare it with your Dad digging hole around their pricipal car in their own days and at the same time call it normal and Youth exuberance *smh*

For those telling us this Institution produces world queens and academically sound students, what about moral soundness, discipline and character on which most academic honours are also issued.

Finally, Our educational system is really a mess and Government and its institutions have completed failed. Juvinile Deliquency, Truancy and vices could be expected among teenagers (a few bad eggs though) but it is the duty of these institutions to protect and educate the kids and as much as possible prevent the thuggery and bloodbath we keep seeing in our Nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal / ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home / Osun To Peg Secondary School Leaving Age At 18 —speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.