Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401634 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hmmm, my people, my cousin no let me be oo, that I must accpt her daughter back, begging and even calling people to beg on her behalf.

I can't even go to my hubby to ask for her to return, he will so get angry with me. Even me I can't stand her again, girl that scaled the fence? I asked what if she repeat the same again, and she said she won't try it again. She said it's devil's work. That she don't know when she did all that.

One thing I hate is not taking responsibility for actions, all the while even her mum never blamed her actions, she keeps saying it's the enemies that don't want her life to be better that caused it. Haba!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Let me answer the one I can

Persevere. He'll eventually take the bottle, most likely from other people but don't stop trying. Leave the room completely when it's feeding time

For storage, breastmilk stays 6 hours in open air, 3-4 days in the fridge, 6 months in a deep freezer (it must be frozen consistently oh, so light must be pretty regular

To defrost don't warm. Bring out from freezer to fridge then out in open air a couple of hours before feeding. Best way is to allow the milk achieve room temp naturally. Other option is to put bottle in a bowl of hot/warm water

ok thanks I will do just that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Akorkor:

NO ma, I dont express at work.

My daily plan is this. When i get home like 5:30pm, i let her suck from anyone of the breast, either left or right but its only one side then put her down on playmat in front of me, plug my breastpump( I use lansinoh-for manual, Tommee Tippee-Electric) So most of the time i use Tommee Tippee) Pump 180ml for that evening then store in the fridge. Woke up 5am in the morning to repeat the same thing. That i have my 360ml. This is what i do for Monday- Friday
abeg Na how much dis tomme tippee cost I am interested
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jummy004: 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good evening mamas, pls help a ftm. A dietrician told me milk is very important for babies dat is above 6 months, my question is that is formular different from milk? If yes, pls what's the best product you av used? Nov 2017 mamas I throw salute o. Capo @imoge how is princes Zoe?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 1:05am On Jul 21, 2017
perfectcrown:

I wish my hyperactive toddler will b as patient as your son. I still use cotton wool and toothpaste(colgate strawberry for kids 0-2years),very tiny amount on d cotton wool. After it all,he'll say "water" i.e to gargle with and swallow o. I've showed him to several times to spit the water out but i guess he's not ready yet
Lolz, mama, my son swallows his too. The secret to mine agreeing is that I sing for him ooo, different songs for different stages of the brushing. I believe they will learn with time.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:46am On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:

Ewoooo!

You know what? This might help you, when she poos, use your tongue to lick it, wipe her bum clean with your tongue, that way you are having a taste of her. Remember she's beautiful and her poo? Oh gush, will be so sweet.

Hehehehe, abeg ooo, I laf tire oo. Which kin post pesin no go read. Funny mama.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:53am On Jul 21, 2017
hotmomma:
Giddyperson and comtem2011, thanks a lot for your response,
giddy, it seems its a bacteria induced rash oh, can that clear it?
Comtem2011, 3days to clear is kul. Thanks
Really can't say, try the penicillin first
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:09am On Jul 21, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Perhaps you can try giving her smaller quantities, since she looses interest or make the food out of small bits of different things to introduce variety . Also try and introduce some finger foods to the mix to encourage engagement.

For example::

Have a bit of sliced steamed carrots, cut up bread/toast, some avocado and a boiled egg. You can mash quarter/half avocado and half egg, and slice up the remaining egg.
After a few spoons of avocado puree, if she appears to be loosing interest put the carrot, egg or toast in her hand for her to feed her self and keep alternating it like that. and see if introduction of variety and engagement will work.

You know we naija people can like to have one big bowl of something as food. grin but unfortunately it doesnt always work for babies

Chia
Mother hood is work o
I will try this.
Thanks much

She likes small chops alot. Esp puff puff and samosa.

Thanks much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:11am On Jul 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww cheesy

Lol
The way i carry n hug my babe ehn
U will think i gave birth yesterday.
We play like friends
Like i cant just have enough or be irritiated.

But to eat hasn't crossed my mind sha..... i always want to just hold n hug her.

I understand what u feel.
Children are so swèet like dat.

Lemme just enjoy all d hugging n peckin now b4 she tell me to stop becos she is a big girl or becos her class mates are watching cry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:17am On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:
Hmmm, my people, my cousin no let me be oo, that I must accpt her daughter back, begging and even calling people to beg on her behalf.

I can't even go to my hubby to ask for her to return, he will so get angry with me. Even me I can't stand her again, girl that scaled the fence? I asked what if she repeat the same again, and she said she won't try it again. She said it's devil's work. That she don't know when she did all that.

One thing I hate is not taking responsibility for actions, all the while even her mum never blamed her actions, she keeps saying it's the enemies that don't want her life to be better that caused it. Haba!

Those small girls ehn... mscheww

Thats how d one that came to my house in december called n was crying that she wants to come back

Babe spent only 10days afyer planning to stay d whole holiday or change school.
All of a sudden she said she wanted 2 be sleeping with me n my hubby bla bla bla... me i was very preggo then n just let her go since she started crying for her house....

Now she is crying 2 come back?
I said sam sam o
I reminded her that my house is still quiet
I no get 1million kids like her mum
I still work
And i no get her power....
The mama sef dey beg... and i wonder why

If u can't tolerate her... abeg dont carry her again
She will do worse
They will now make someone look wicked.
Mschewwe

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:19am On Jul 21, 2017
Jina24:

I thought I apologised . I will definitely share when the need arises. Thanks ma

Na u think say u no be popular mama
We way sabi u sabi gan

Sebi Enque reads ur dairy
Me too

Please feel free... we r all one with the same goal... HELPING ONE ANOTHER

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:28am On Jul 21, 2017
beyedew:

Congrats Ilan baby on your 2 teeth arrival grin. Now the real nipple biting starts kiss.

I used finger brush with water until Bee got to a year old. I just made sure I did it frequently, his mouth never had odour.
Gently wipe all corners of his mouth, then the tongue. Got the finger brush 3h at that time, don't know how much it is now.
Hth.
There are baby toothpastes sha for 0-2years, just didn't feel comfy using them for him.

Our 7th tooth has started showin n she has bitten me only once..
When she was in pains from falling or so.

Thank God my madam didnt do the bite bite bite thing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by arthurshelly: 6:42am On Jul 21, 2017
goodfortun:

Okay. nice one. What's the make; price; location

Lansinoh is the make...price is 25k slightly negotiable....lagos.....its pay on delivery...

Call or chat on whatsapp 08023624928

Photo attach below

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:17am On Jul 21, 2017
iomoge2:

Lol
The way i carry n hug my babe ehn
U will think i gave birth yesterday.
We play like friends
Like i cant just have enough or be irritiated.

But to eat hasn't crossed my mind sha..... i always want to just hold n hug her.

I understand what u feel.
Children are so swèet like dat.

Lemme just enjoy all d hugging n peckin now b4 she tell me to stop becos she is a big girl or becos her class mates are watching cry
Me too, And when she smiles at me, it's like 'my chest, I might have a heart attack!!!!!'. I saw this quote on Instagram and it's so true

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 8:13am On Jul 21, 2017
iomoge2:

shocked shocked
Are you serious? Bee started biting me even before he sprouted his 1st tooth. Dear bun, please be like Zoey, don't bite mommy.
Good morning ma, how are you and yours?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:23am On Jul 21, 2017
jummy004:
Good evening mamas, pls help a ftm. A dietrician told me milk is very important for babies dat is above 6 months, my question is that is formular different from milk? If yes, pls what's the best product you av used? Nov 2017 mamas I throw salute o. Capo @imoge how is princes Zoe?

milk in this case is formula.
babies below one year shouldnt be given cow milk cos their system cant digest it properly
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2017
Abeg abeg abeg. Devil don suffer, he will be on his own jeje, human beings will be accusing him of what he didn't do. They will be alright. let everybody answer their father's name

olubankemi:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:

A child who can jump fence has been raised be undisciplined and thinks it is okay to rebel against authority. It will take a lot for you to correct those character flaws.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2017
jummy004:

The milk doc is referring to should be formula, however, some breastfeeding mums who don't want to start formula still use breastmilk to mix with pap and cereals or any other meal that needs milk. Most ebf babies will need extra iron after six months, so I think the basic thing is to introduce iron rich meals/iron fortified cereals at 6 months. On formula, Similac, Nan, SMA, Aptamil are good brands.

However, milk intake in breast or formula should reduce at this time as babies need to be started on solids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:52am On Jul 21, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
abeg Na how much dis tomme tippee cost I am interested

I really have no idea cos Hubby bought it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2017
ambient:

thanks dear i will try adding crayfish,i bought august secret food.plz which formula do you recomend for him?

Aptamil, Enfamil or similac. if they are too pricey, continue with what you have to ensure to increase iron containing foods. how old is he?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2017
iomoge2:

@ beyedew/perfectcrown, no need to use water to clean mouth for babies cos they will swallow it. Have a cotton bud handy and wipe off the little toothpaste as you brush b4 lo will start to smack lips dey lick toothpaste. Small will still enter their throat sha, but you would have salvaged a little from being swallowed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:05am On Jul 21, 2017
Jennykoko3009:
Please ooo i want to ask dis. My ds is 13 months and has only four teeth(2up and 2down) since he was 7months, up till nw no sign of teething again. Should i b worried cos i see babies nt upto 1year havin 8teeth. Is der any cause gor alarm? If yes, wat shud i do?

I don't think there is anything wrong with him, i have seen babies with no teeth at 1 year, and they are fine now. Other sabi mamas can touch light the matter.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Abeg make Una no vex o
My ds has 2 teeth now
When do I start cleaning or brushing it for him?
Do I need to buy baby toothpaste?
Do I need to buy baby toothbrush?

Cc. Akork.or
M.izmycoli Bey.edew Helov.esme Alphahandmai.den Enqu.e Zay.e all mamas

you should start using baby toothpaste formulated for babies between 0-2 years as soon as the teeth comes out. the difference is the floride contents in the toothpaste which should be 1000ppm ( parts/ million)

all you need is actually just a "smear" of tooth paste. It is ok if they swallow a bit of it. i got a 20 or 30 ml sample and that lasted 6/ 7 months (just to let you know how little you need to use. )

i am currently trying to teach dd to spit out but she always swallows first before doing dry spit!!!! lol

We will get there some day !

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2017
cc joylikeariver, ijeoma2728: Stella Obasanjo Hosp. gives mmr on tuesdays and it's free.

giddyperson, please don't eat my giddybaby o. anyway, i understand d feeling. my own is i always sniff my son's hair, even when he's sleeping.

sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night just to sniff at his hair. na love cause am cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:

Ewoooo!

You know what? This might help you, when she poos, use your tongue to lick it, wipe her bum clean with your tongue, that way you are having a taste of her. Remember she's beautiful and her poo? Oh gush, will be so sweet.

Hehehehe, abeg ooo, I laf tire oo. Which kin post pesin no go read. Funny mama.

Giddyperson:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww cheesy

grin grin This made me laugh, post reminded me of when i told my kids that I love my lo so much that I can even eat her poo, they shouted ewwww. Fast ward to a particular day that I carried my baby on my body while laying down, I noticed my clothes was wet, with baby's poo, I just shouted Jesus!
My kids laughed at me dat day eh,
Any small thing they will mock me kiss See you that said you can eat baby's poo, baby pooed on your body and you screamed.

I don't think they will ever forget that incident.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello ma,pls help me wit dis question, am 7weeks post delivery.i stop bleedin 4wks afta delivery bt twice dt i &hubby had fun,i noticed i have bright red spotting again. Is it dt am nt yet healed or did he injure me?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Orente21:
Hello ma,pls help me wit dis question, am 7weeks post delivery.i stop bleedin 4wks afta delivery bt twice dt i &hubby had fun,i noticed i have bright red spotting again. Is it dt am nt yet healed or did he injure me?

permit me to laugh @ the bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't think he injured u.
Did u have a CS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
Orente21:

It's normal, the blood spotting is to remind you to take am easy grin that u re not fully healed.
Even if the bleeding stops and you stress yourself much, u will still have spotting. It will eventually stop.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
If she doesn't permit will you return the laugh to your stomach? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Orente21 just your body reminding you to take it easy. You and Oga can "have fun" sofri

enque:

permit me to laugh @ the bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't think he injured u.
Did u have a CS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:

if u wish to have peace in your home and retain your sanity, then DON'T even consider taking that girl back. you have to learn how to be firm

about certain decisions no matter who is involved. remember u are a mother and you have a duty to your children. if your mind is 'shaking' now

because your cousin is sending people to beg you, what happens when your children become teenagers and you have to handle issues firmly?

will you go and rent somebody to come and 'talk' to your children for you? abeg make that girl carry her wahala go.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
hunniesuzie:
If she doesn't permit will you return the laugh to your stomach? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Orente21 just your body reminding you to take it easy. You and Oga can "have fun" sofri

Iffa hear! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: oxygenator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.