Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396744 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Abeg make Una no vex o
My ds has 2 teeth now
When do I start cleaning or brushing it for him?
Do I need to buy baby toothpaste?
Do I need to buy baby toothbrush?

Cc. Ak.orkor
Miz.mycoli Be.yedew He.lovesme Alpha.handmaiden Enq.ue Za.ynie all mamas

Congratulations. Owambe thins. grin

My baby has 6 teeth now. I used to use that baby toothbrush and a little baby toothpaste but it stopped working for me once his teeth cut through. However, i use a washcloth that has rough threads to clean his mouth after using the baby toothbrush. It works for the tongue so that white stuff is no longer there.

Don't forget to give him things to chomp on. What's the use of teeth if you can't bite stuff?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:
Hmmm, my people, my cousin no let me be oo, that I must accpt her daughter back, begging and even calling people to beg on her behalf.

Don't even think about it. She may just be ready to do something worse. Remember what you told that fortune person that "you will never take her back". Don't forget it. This things should not be done based on emotions. Soak in the pressure and tell them you gave her a chance and she blew it so she will need to live with the consequences of her action. That you have forgiven her o but she needs to live with other people so that she can better appreciate life. Her life does not revolve around you so she can be a blessing to others.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
oamronnie:
Piece of advice to working mothers who are doing EBF. If you are still on leave and want to continue EBF when you resume work, pleaseeeeeee, start 'bottle training' LO like 2 weeks before you resume. My DS showed me shege this week and I've learnt my lesson the hard way. He just kept pushing out the bottle with his tongue as if I gave him bitterleaf. Thank God we still have a few weeks before resumption.
I started bottle feeding my DS 3weeks ago as I am to resume work by Monday,it took him about 3days to adjust. Since this week he has refused sucking the bottle and I end up using cup and spoon,he ends up not taking as much milk as he would have if he was talking it directly from the feeding bottle...He will just keep crying. I am in a serious dilemma. My mum thinks he knows I am about to resume work so he just wants to scare me...Lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
wholesomegrace:

I don't think there is anything wrong with him, i have seen babies with no teeth at 1 year, and they are fine now. Other sabi mamas can touch light the matter.

Alright. Thanks sis for replying, #i tot my question was nt relevant
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jennykoko3009:
Please ooo i want to ask dis. My ds is 13 months and has only four teeth(2up and 2down) since he was 7months, up till nw no sign of teething again. Should i b worried cos i see babies nt upto 1year havin 8teeth. Is der any cause gor alarm? If yes, wat shud i do?

There should be no cause for alarm. I know of someone who was all gums at 15 months! Then within a month like 8 came out!

All the teeth are already in a baby's skull when they are born, so it will surely come out when baby is ready.

Friday Afternoon Trivia:
Did you know that all the milk and adult teeth are present in a baby's skull when they are born?

Image of baby' skull - looks rather alien dont you think!
Lol!

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
olubankemi:
Hmmm, my people, my cousin no let me be oo, that I must accpt her daughter back, begging and even calling people to beg on her behalf.

I can't even go to my hubby to ask for her to return, he will so get angry with me. Even me I can't stand her again, girl that scaled the fence? I asked what if she repeat the same again, and she said she won't try it again. She said it's devil's work. That she don't know when she did all that.

One thing I hate is not taking responsibility for actions, all the while even her mum never blamed her actions, she keeps saying it's the enemies that don't want her life to be better that caused it. Haba!

If anything had happened to her while she ran away would your cousin still blame "enemies"?

Shine your eye!

Bar your number if you need to, don't take that girl back. Commit to sending her funds monthly if convenient and move on with your life!

Once bitten multiple times shy please!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

There should be no cause for alarm. I know of someone who was all gums at 15 months! Then within a month like 8 came out!

All the teeth are already in a baby's skull when they are born, so it will surely come out when baby is ready.

Friday Afternoon Trivia:
Did you know that all the milk and adult teeth are present in a baby's skull when they are born?

Lol!

Oh really! Thanks ma. Pls is dia anytin i shud give him to boost it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
Akorkor:

I really have no idea cos Hubby bought it.
ok I will look for it online. Thanks .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzy(f): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pls oooo make una help me oooo.
My baby always bite me most time when she sucks. embarassed just the tiny tooth dat just started coming out small. What can't I do its really painful. When she does dat I beat her on her bom bom but she laughs and Stil continue it in fact more hard dis time. cry cry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
enque:

permit me to laugh @ the bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I don't think he injured u. Did u have a CS
tnx u ma. I had vaginal delivery. I l take it easy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Went to spend the weekend at my mum's. That's how she put me on puff puff duty embarassed

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

you should start using baby toothpaste formulated for babies between 0-2 years as soon as the teeth comes out. the difference is the floride contents in the toothpaste which should be 1000ppm ( parts/ million)

all you need is actually just a "smear" of tooth paste. It is ok if they swallow a bit of it. i got a 20 or 30 ml sample and that lasted 6/ 7 months (just to let you know how little you need to use. )

i am currently trying to teach dd to spit out but she always swallows first before doing dry spit!!!! lol

We will get there some day !

I'll get the toothpaste from a trusted pharmacy. Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
XX01:

Congratulations. Owambe thins. grin

My baby has 6 teeth now. I used to use that baby toothbrush and a little baby toothpaste but it stopped working for me once his teeth cut through. However, i use a washcloth that has rough threads to clean his mouth after using the baby toothbrush. It works for the tongue so that white stuff is no longer there.

Don't forget to give him things to chomp on. What's the use of teeth if you can't bite stuff?

Hehehe correct owambe
I do give him his teething ring to chew on o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
suzy:
Pls oooo make una help me oooo.
My baby always bite me most time when she sucks. embarassed just the tiny tooth dat just started coming out small. What can't I do its really painful. When she does dat I beat her on her bom bom but she laughs and Stil continue it in fact more hard dis time. cry cry.

U wan Comot the teeth?? grin grin
Nne there is really nothing u can do but just beg her to take it easy when biting u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Friday Afternoon Trivia:

Lol!

Huh! This looks scary o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Went to spend the weekend at my mum's. That's how she put me on puff puff duty embarassed

Wow

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

this puff puff is looking on point ! Weldone!
abeg share your recipe

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzy(f): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
enque:

U wan Comot the teeth?? grin grin
Nne there is really nothing u can do but just beg her to take it easy when biting u.
Thanks dear. It's so painful. In fact I Stil dey feel d pain wen she sucks since today as I dey talk now sef d nipple is bleeding small. What can I do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
Thank you all for your contributions. I will never take her back. That jumping fence thing is what I can't just take. Only well trained thieves do that. All my family people say never never, and all my efamily too saying never, God won't come from heaven to speak now.

Thank you very much everyone. Have moved on and God has been faithful, everyone keep calling to know how am doing and I say waoo it's being great. Really its bein great. Even when she was with me there was really no much things she do, I pay people who clean the compound, so no biggy for her leaving.

I will inform the mum to look for school for her over there so that by sept she can resume back to school.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jaygrl:
I started bottle feeding my DS 3weeks ago as I am to resume work by Monday,it took him about 3days to adjust. Since this week he has refused sucking the bottle and I end up using cup and spoon,he ends up not taking as much milk as he would have if he was talking it directly from the feeding bottle...He will just keep crying. I am in a serious dilemma. My mum thinks he knows I am about to resume work so he just wants to scare me...Lol.
For mamas doing ebf, if you are planning to go back to work you need to start early. Once baby clocks 6 weeks start bottle feeding the baby breastmilk. Express the milk ,put in the bottle give the baby to someone else to feed and just step out of the house for the duration of the feeding. I was told that as long as the baby can smell you he or she will be reluctant to take the bottle from you or take it when you are nearby. So by the time you are ready to go back to work the baby is used to taking milk from bottles
Same also applies when starting solids, make the food but let someone else feed the baby while you stay out of sight until the feeding is completed. It's best to start slowly and one item at a time. If you are giving cereal mix with breastmilk and don't make it too thick so that the taste of the breastmilk is still predominant in the food. It will help the baby start off on solids and gradually you start to make the food thicker and then you can try other stuff too before you know it baby is eating solids.
This is what has worked for my boys and it applies to ebf babies as that is where I have experience.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOYlikeArivER: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Fyngal1:
cc joylikeariver, ijeoma2728: Stella Obasanjo Hosp. gives mmr on tuesdays and it's free.

giddyperson, please don't eat my giddybaby o. anyway, i understand d feeling. my own is i always sniff my son's hair, even when he's sleeping.

sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night just to sniff at his hair. na love cause am cool cool cool
tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
iomoge2:

Na u think say u no be popular mama
We way sabi u sabi gan

Sebi Enque reads ur dairy
Me too

Please feel free... we r all one with the same goal... HELPING ONE ANOTHER

Thanks a lot Ma cheesy . I dey follow your diary tey tey bumper to bumper
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Puff puff on point, truly they say, practice makes perfect. Kudos jazzyjazz.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

this puff puff is looking on point ! Weldone!
abeg share your recipe

Thanks ma'am

For this particular one, I used

3 cups of flour
One cup of granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
4 teaspoons of yeast

Get a medium sized bowl, sieve the flour into the bowl
Add your sugar, yeast, salt and nutmeg and mix with your hands or spatula

Get one cup of warm water and pour into the flour and mix with your hands (it's messy but it'll mix better and it will be smoother) Gradually pour the water while you mix. Be mindful so it doesn't get too runny. When your batter consistency is like pap ish, then you cover the bowl with foil or if you don't have foil, you can use a clean nylon and then put one kitchen towel in it to help trap heat

Put the bowl inside a warm place for 45mins. By then the batter should have risen and the quantity should be double or almost double. (my trick is that I pre heat my oven. I don't make it too hot, just warm, then I turn it off and put the bowl inside for the flour to rise)

Put your oil on fire (I usually use a small pot, that way I don't use too much oil)

When the oil is hot, scoop the batter in you hand (scoop a small quantity to avoid mess), then squeeze the batter between your thumb and index finger (If you can't do this method, you can get a round spoon, dip in oil, then scoop the batter into the hot oil)
When one side is golden brown, you turn the other side to fry too

Sometimes when you turn the puff puff for the second side to fry, you may notice that it will turn back again. If this happens don't worry, just use your frying spoon to stir it like you should stir fried potatoes grin
Fry on medium heat to avoid burnt puff puff

grin
I hope say I no talk too much

15 Likes 21 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

Wow

grin
Mumsi practically shared it to all her neighbours and everyone was busy asking me to make another batch before I go back home. Lol.
Me where do all the work no even chop reach 5 angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
suzy:

Thanks dear. It's so painful. In fact I Stil dey feel d pain wen she sucks since today as I dey talk now sef d nipple is bleeding small. What can I do

Welcome to my life. My nipples are on fire

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
chychy4us:

Puff puff on point, truly they say, practice makes perfect. Kudos jazzyjazz.

Yes o practice does make perfect
Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Puff puff mama! I give you beyonce hand.

You are good at it mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzy(f): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Welcome to my life. My nipples are on fire
No be small thing ooooo. In fact blood sef dey comot small. Was so angry. Fear dey catch me feed am. ND na just 1 tooth oooooo. If she com get more nko? I beat her but Stil same way
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks ma'am

For this particular one, I used

3 cups of flour
One cup of granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
4 teaspoons of yeast

Get a medium sized bowl, sieve the flour into the bowl
Add your sugar, yeast, salt and nutmeg and mix with your hands or spatula

Get one cup of warm water and pour into the flour and mix with your hands (it's messy but it'll mix better and it will be smoother) Gradually pour the water while you mix. Be mindful so it doesn't get too runny. When your batter consistency is like pap ish, then you cover the bowl with foil or if you don't have foil, you can use a clean nylon and then put one kitchen towel in it to help trap heat

Put the bowl inside a warm place for 45mins. By then the batter should have risen and the quantity should be double or almost double. (my trick is that I pre heat my oven. I don't make it too hot, just warm, then I turn it off and put the bowl inside for the flour to rise)

Put your oil on fire (I usually use a small pot, that way I don't use too much oil)

When the oil is hot, scoop the batter in you hand (scoop a small quantity to avoid mess), then squeeze the batter between your thumb and index finger (If you can't do this method, you can get a round spoon, dip in oil, then scoop the batter into the hot oil)
When one side is golden brown, you turn the other side to fry too

Sometimes when you turn the puff puff for the second side to fry, you may notice that it will turn back again. If this happens don't worry, just use your frying spoon to stir it like you should stir fried potatoes grin
Fry on medium heat to avoid burnt puff puff

grin
I hope say I no talk too much

Thanks. Will find time to try it!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:08am On Jul 22, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Yes o practice does make perfect
Thanks ma'am

Jazzy the 'puff daddy' grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2017
enque:

Jazzy the 'puff daddy' grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Be like I go change my moniker to jazzy the puff daddy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.