Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,338 members, 7,850,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:43 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4447002 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink
sassyangel1:

Ahnahn.... U don port d akara weh no go reach iyarugbos enter vigilante ppl hand. E b like say u sabi settle quarrel. Akara dt we'v already ordered ogi 4. Diarisgodoooo in this ya sharing tinz. In dis Buhari regime there is no love in sharing o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
zaynie:
In other news, Shebi you guys know I sell children's wears.

Visit my IG @inside_nanas_heart or my thread https://www.nairaland.com/3760370/nanas-heart-zaynies-everything-shop

I will do you well, true! kiss
Yes she will do you right like tastee fried chicken does to chicken yum!! I got a gift on top of a gift after I made an order (special person tins though tongue cheesy) very affordable and quality items.

Zee is bae kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
XX01 things are quite different from US and Nigeria.

For instance, almost all (if not all) of thier infant formula is aged "from birth through 12months" while ours is 0-6, 6-12.
True, thier health system is strict so all formula have a certain standards that they must all meet....so buying a Similac or enfamil or parents choice(Walmart's brand) would give you exactly same nutrition contents but PC is almost half price.
Something I noticed while using US Similac isomil and naija Similac isomil, the Nigerian one says to discard before 1hr but the US one says you can use within 2hrs or store in the fridge and use within 24hrs. embarassed
I sincerely do not have any confidence in the formula sent into Nigeria....as we do not have any regulatory bodies.
As for the different stages, I'd prefer the 0-6months one cos it has slightly more percentage of the nutrients

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sansa143:
tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

I don forgive u. Oya carry our tray back 2 iyarugbos sekshion o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
I go kuku send d remaining 4 una make I no c una 4 my dream cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
sassyangel1:

I don forgive u. Oya carry our tray back 2 iyarugbos sekshion o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2017
realtalk19:

tank u ma for the response. Zaynie plz where art though concerning the brown pap. NAN buying is draining my pocket.i nid a fast replacement plz.

experienced mums plz reply
Pap is not a replacement for milk. For your lo to gladly take pap you have to add plenty formula! So it's either you source for a cheaper formula or express breast milk! That's the only option you have now.

This issue of not affording milk is the main reason most moms force watery pap down their upside down baby's throat! Cos no baby will willingly​ drink a sweetless pap.

Please mama substitute with a less expensive milk or you express.

You can sweeten the pap with banana.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
For the mamas putting their lo to sit I believe the age to start that is
3 months for girls and 4 months for boys.

Always support all sides with a pillow till the baby is able to sit on his or her own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
sugah:
XX01 things are quite different from US and Nigeria.

@ Alphahandmaiden

Thanks a lot. The thing really disturbed me. I bought plenty formula from my last trip to UK but i have used them all up and to find that cow and gate for hungrier babies is really hard in Naija. Me , i be panicker so had already asked my friend to buy more from UK when she returns in a month's time. Don't know if i can take him back to the last one. Anyways, it didn't kill my first pikin, it will not kill this one. Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
Cant thank you eenough for this great analysis. I will surely put all into consideration. E-hugs.. kiss

author=AlphaHandMaiden post=59115948]Damisinto:
Its not an easy one and you need to honestly analyse a few things before you decide to resign or not. Brokeness is a BASTARD!. In any location! It is not a funny thing!

Does your office have a branch in the town or one closer to where your husband lives? You could ask for a transfer if so. Bear in mind you may have to take a paycut as the regional offices may likely not pay the same salaries as lagos or other major cities and sometimes these transfers take a while to be occur. So you also need a workable interim plan.

If you are keeping 2 homes, who's salary takes care of what? Are you solely responsible for your own upkeep, rent etc in lagos, or does your hubby chip in to your upkeep as well as his own place where he lives? If he does then perhaps the extra income saved from you all being in the same location will make a difference.

It is not impossible to leave your son with your hubby, as long as you both have an understanding of the circumstances.... the boy is his son as well and him being a man does not mean your son will lack any care. If this is a viable option then he needs to have a plan in place, will he be getting extra help? Or can he manage by himself, with the baby in a creche.

Other things to factor is how much are you actually earning in Lagos? Assess if it is worth it? Will you have any savings at the end of the month? Will you be eating into your savings every month to make ends meet? If so how long before you burn the savings and start borrowing?

When you resume, since no constant electricity, introducing formular (at least during the day) will be your best bet, have you factored this in your financial out goings?

Also what are the child care costs in the area where you live? Have you calculated these? Are you able to afford this on your current salary, (remove any family donations for now) especially if you are unable to get a close family member to come stay with you since you stay in a self-contained studio.

If you are going to be spending more than you are bringing in..... then you are in no better position in lagos with a "job" than in another state jobless.

I know of a person who had to quit her job due to the finances not making sense with her going back to work after mat.leave. and she became a child minder working from her own home taking care of 2 -3 other children and that brought in more than she would have made going to her "office job".

I am not saying that you should do the same as childcare is not for everyone, but the moral is that you may need to think and look out of the box. What are the services you could provide in the town that your hubby stays and get paid for it.

It only needs to be something that will tide you over till you get the job you are looking for? And you could also continue it as a side hustle even when you get employed.

The usual crafty things like sewing, beadmaking, baking / catering etc may be ok, but i find many towns are over-saturated with these so it may be hard ton stand out.

But also think of teaching..... are you very good at any subjects? You could be a home/ private tutor teaching maths or english or science during term time. Working around your own hours.

If you are crafty, you could organise summer schools for art and crafty things, even field trips to local attractions if there are any near you.

The main issue is that with the current state of the economy, what you offer will need to be seen as a somewhat essential service and not a luxury as most people can do away with luxuries when push comes to shove.

Sorry there is no clear" this is what you should do answer" because what worked for A will not work for B. As even though both scenarios may have similarities, something as small as the flexibilities your place of employment may offer you just because your boss favours you may make all the difference.

You and your hubby need to sit down, bring out then calculator, paper and biro and explore ALL foresable scenarios before you make any decisions.

[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
realtalk19:

tank u ma for the response. Zaynie plz where art though concerning the brown pap. NAN buying is draining my pocket.i nid a fast replacement plz.

experienced mums plz reply

but you'll still use milk, enough milk self because the slapping taste of pap won't allow your lo take it unless it has enough milk abi you'll forcefeed him?Just look for a cheaper brand and buy.Gods Grace..

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luscioustrish(f): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Well the practise is not only in nigeria but world wide.

I can understand their argument that breast milk doesnt change with the age of the child and infant milk is claimed to be formulated to be as close to breast milk as possible, however research also has it that there are so many components in breast milk that science is currently unable to mimic, so to market something as a "substitute" is actually a misrepresentation.

For example in the UK infant formulars are not marketted in that way. They also hardly do offers on infant milk and their adverts are also very carefully worded as the UK and EU regulations do not allow them flaunt it as a substitute for or equating it to breast milk as they are actively trying to promote breast feeding.

It is totally up to you, if you want to continue with the follow on milk or if you with to stick with the 0-6 months but i would beg to disagree that follow on milk to 12 months are all crap filled.

the infant milks is also more expensive than follow on milk All that means is that extra N500 ot $3 or £2 is to pay for all the research that has gone into trying to formulate their brand.

I would also like to see a proper research that validates their arguments, is it based on proper facts or are they just rumours based on a very plausible scenario.

Until indepth research is also done it could just be the other way around where the infant milk is EXACTLY the same formulation as the follow on and it is being sold as a premium... just because they can get away with marketting it as a substitute for breast milk.

Either way the formular company still wins..... grin grin grin grin

Sorry i dont think i have actually helped. undecided but personally in wouldnt overthink the matter.

I always like reading your posts ,very detailed and explanatory...thumbs up ma

Any October team 2016 in tha house? Any birthday party plans? Our LO's will soon be a year old..how time flies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
lululuv:

Nnem don't know the method oo, it was don at teaching hospital, all I know is that they took him in and brot him out wit gloss Round the tips. just called the doc and he said it's supposed to fall out within two weeks so will take him to hospital tomorrow.

Sounds like it's the ring method.

It usually falls off within a week. Max two weeks. So take him back to the hospital as the doctor has instructed you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Looooool this was me a month ago. He's fine, let him suck his feet, dont keep him seated for too long

Thank you ma'am. But will he eventually sit up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
luscioustrish:

Try supporting his back with pillows n also gently rub his back when he's sitting like that,its a gradual process..

Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
blackFTM:

Thank you ma'am. But will he eventually sit up

He will definitely sit up....
He is just fascinated with his toes so he wants to suck them grin

Don't be in a rush...
Babies love to take their time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
reniduke:
Please why are people saying no ice? Its called a cold compress. You do not apply the ice directly. You're to wrap it in a wash cloth, test that its not too cold by pressing on your skin before you press down on baby's injection site. It's what i did for mine or else you'll let the injection site heal hard like that. They say Dont rub the injection site because they dont want to introduce infection into the wound. You can also apply (not rub) a little mentholatum to the site. I did mentholatum in the mornings, cold compress in the evenings. This is after i had left it untouched for almost 5 days and it wasnt getting better and even looked red. Do cold compress so you dont wait for it to get complicated. It can happen with any nurse, it could be a vaccine reaction but just incase ask the nurse to be gentle when next you go.

I was about to type the same thing. A cold compress is what is needed. I was told to apply the ice to my palm and gently touch the injection site if and only if I noticed any redness or swelling.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
Liftedhands:
Pap is not a replacement for milk. For your lo to gladly take pap you have to add plenty formula! So it's either you source for a cheaper formula or express breast milk! That's the only option you have now.

This issue of not affording milk is the main reason most moms force watery pap down their upside down baby's throat! Cos no baby will willingly​ drink a sweetless pap.

tanks for yor response.asides NAN av not discovered any cheaper formula o.

does it mean babies cant take pap.i tot brown pap was in existence before.

just curious o

plz suggest good cheaper formula for me.tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
Jaygrl:
Hey mamas,I am thinking of just resigning from work to take care of my LO. I resumed back to work last week

Okay! Let's do this smiley

Please let's talk about your job: is it a career-defining job? My sister left her children (youngest aged 3 years) to go to another country to get a Masters...came back with an M.B.B.S (she's a consultant paediatrician) and is advancing her career. Is that what your job is, an amazing opportunity for growth? Is it a financially-rewarding job: my last job paid me more than N200,000 for 4 days of medium-stress work. I should have kept it, because I never got home later than 6pm max and would probably even get home earlier nowadays. Is that your job, a financial comfort?

Because if your job is neither of those things, you are sacrificing a lot for nothing.

I get it, Nigeria is awful with this economy and Lagos is a nightmare (I'm a city-dweller lagosian and reading you describing jumping bus daily to the island, with a young baby, is horrid. You must be exhausted). But, in Nigeria, we do a lot of things out of foolishness, even me, Because "That's Just How We Do It". So calculate your income and how much you are spending living in Lagos (one of the top 20 most expensive cities in the world to live in, please google this fact) and see if at the end of the day, you have upto N10,000 to save in your personal Savings account. Because, if you still need money monthly from your husband to support your household in Lagos, your job ain't cutting it. So move.

A clever person I follow on Twitter said last week, "a lot of people feel you must be in Lagos to make money, it's a false narrative". He's right, you would be surprised that moving out to Akure/Benin/Kaduna/Nassarawa etc will open up an opportunity you never thought of...and you will blow. I've seen it happen. So move, with a plan.

Damisinto, what is your job? Is there opportunity for growth? Because, you gotta think outside the box. There are jobs you can create for yourself (no, not baking, makeup, small chops, sewing etc. Too many people are doing it, and doing it badly). Do you know, I have seen 3 opportunities outside Lagos, in more affordable cities (one up North, one down South, one can work anywhere, heck even a small town, that can be taken advantage of? One can be turned into an awesome career (so many people will copy you eh). All they need is the right person who has a passion for it, and unfortunately you cannot fake passion for something. But yes, people do make money off their passions, if they plan right and carefully.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
Liftedhands:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sansa143:
I go kuku send d remaining 4 una make I no c una 4 my dream cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Abeg send am wth uber taxi cos dey r fast and reliable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2017
Jaygrl:
Hey mamas,I am thinking of just resigning from work to take care of my LO. I resumed back to work last week

Please let's talk about your job: is it a career-defining job? My sister left her children (youngest aged 3 years) to go to another country to get a Masters...came back with an M.B.B.S (she's a consultant paediatrician) and is advancing her career. Is that what your job is, an amazing opportunity for growth? Is it a financially-rewarding job: my last job paid me more than N200,000 for 4 days of medium-stress work. I should have kept it, because I never got home later than 6pm max and would probably even get home earlier nowadays. Is that your job, a financial comfort?

Because if your job is neither of those things, you are sacrificing a lot for nothing.

I get it, Nigeria is awful with this economy and Lagos is a nightmare (I'm a city-dweller lagosian and reading you describing jumping bus daily to the island, with a young baby, is horrid. You must be exhausted). But, in Nigeria, we do a lot of things out of foolishness, even me, Because "That's Just How We Do It". So calculate your income and how much you are spending living in Lagos (one of the top 20 most expensive cities in the world to live in, please google this fact) and see if at the end of the day, you have upto N10,000 to save in your personal Savings account. Because, if you still need money monthly from your husband to support your household in Lagos, your job ain't cutting it. So move.

A clever person I follow on Twitter said last week, "a lot of people feel you must be in Lagos to make money, it's a false narrative". He's right, you would be surprised that moving out to Akure/Benin/Kaduna/Nassarawa etc will open up an opportunity you never thought of...and you will blow. I've seen it happen. So move, with a plan.

Damisinto, what is your job? Is there opportunity for growth? Because, you gotta think outside the box. There are jobs you can create for yourself (no, not baking, makeup, small chops, sewing etc. Too many people are doing it, and doing it badly). Do you know, I have seen 3 opportunities outside Lagos, in more affordable cities (one up North, one down South, one can work anywhere, heck even a small town, that can be taken advantage of? One can be turned into an awesome career (so many people will copy you eh). All they need is the right person who has a passion for it, and unfortunately you cannot fake passion for something. But yes, people do make money off their passions, if they plan right and carefully.

So, what do you like doing? What interests you? What can you google obsessively for fun? Let's start from there, let's put heads together, if you want.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Liftedhands:

tanks for the response. i dnt know of any milk cheaper than NAN.

i tot brown pap was given to babies bak then.

plz suggest a good cheaper formula.tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Deleted.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
realtalk19:

tanks for the response. i dnt know of any milk cheaper than NAN.

i tot brown pap was given to babies bak then.

plz suggest a good cheaper formula.tanks

There is Lactogen, Eldorin my boy, Nutristart and some other ones I can't remember now. If you go to the market like Balogun market, buy like half carton at once, the price will reduce.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizz2posh: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
[quote author=lululuv

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
@jazzyjaz @Giddyperson pls come and hold me I want to faint my puff puff came out as Fuff Fuff so flat like a slippers that they have used to trek from Ajah to bagdary embarassed embarassed. I asked my mum to buy me the yeast. I soak it with warm water as usual. I so upset.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
mizz2posh:

Hey momma, From your description, I think a ring was installed, the thread is used to tie the glass ring(I don't know why they do that). Vaseline is solid, so you use liquid so you can pour, all you needed was coconut oil and penicillin ointment mixed together and applied every 2 hrs, that was what I did and the ring came off on the fifth day, when the ring comes off, you will see whitish stuff around the cap , don't panic, just keep applying the penicillin and that too will clear off, you can try that till you go back to the hospital.

Just read about the circumcision tin, there was no ring, I believe d ring type needs no dressing, you just wait for d ring to fall off. Am just so pissed with this. And tomorrow is sat, don't know if we will see the doc on Sat.

Cc. helovesme
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
Onegai:

So, what do you like doing? What interests you? What can you google obsessively for fun? Let's start from there, let's put heads together, if you want.

My sister, tiriiii gbosas 4 u n 2 crown insult ontop injury, u need 2 hear the epic insults that most employers will dull out on employees and mk one feel as if they r doing u a favor by employing u. I jst couldn't take the stress any longer b4 I shoot person 4 leg cos of insults. Lemme cut long story short, I'M SUPER INTERESTED. Abeg hint me up abt d offers. I'm anxiously waiting n expecting ur response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2017
XX01:
Please , is this milk really from birth to 12 months? I don't want to misfire. I know we have talked about it but just want to confirm this is not 0 to 6 months.

Sorry for the continuous and unrelenting questions.

Which 1 is hungrier babies? Some of these our baby fd manufacturers dt will b boboing innocent mothers like us ehn! They shd fear God Na. So, does it mean a feeding in the morning will mk my baby nt to be hungry thruout d day cos ayam nt understding?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2017
Chanbaby:
@jazzyjaz @Giddyperson pls come and hold me I want to faint my puff puff came out as Fuff Fuff so flat like a slippers that they have used to trek from Ajah to bagdary embarassed embarassed. I asked my mum to buy me the yeast. I soak it with warm water as usual. I so upset.

No o don't b upset ni. God jst answered some innocent mothers like me cos u ppl r jst torturing my oesophagus since morning( I did nt talk). I jst said BABA GOD, anybody dt will paste puff puff o, akara o dt I wee nt partake of physically, father lord, confuse the phone camera n let it show pampers instead of puff puff.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
Chanbaby:

Na pancake kpuff kpuff kikiki. E be like say you add plenty water ni. You suppose cover am when you don mix am finish with foil or anything tight make e rise small before you begin deep fry.

Mummy Sansa143 do me longer longer I go fry my own akara, e no come segxy like her own, e brown the way I like am but ameoba shaped.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebonyjoke(f): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
XX01:

There is Lactogen, Eldorin my boy, Nutristart and some other ones I can't remember now. If you go to the market like Balogun market, buy like half carton at once, the price will reduce.
cow and gate is 1800 .lactogen is 1800.my boy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.