Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410835 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
ceejayceey:

Please how did you achieve expressing that volume of breast milk everyday. I wish to continue EBF for my LO after i resume work. Please what can i take or eat to boost my breast milk production

Drink more water when thirsty. Pap, tea e.t.c
I stopped carrying breastmilk to baby crèche at 9 month sharp and I usually give her at least 15-16ounce everyday to school. So I believe you can do it. I have also once explained on this forum how I achieved that.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
There's a pap factory near my former house that I'm sure their process is 100%, Zero preservatives or colouring. I see their pap in supermarkets and that's what I buy for my LO, all my cousins use it for their kids too. If it's Grandiose you saw, go ahead

Finally bought the pap, which one do u buy, brown white or yellow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Brown

Giddyperson:
Finally bought the pap, which one do u buy, brown white or yellow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Elixir123: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Good evening great mothers! I'm excited to finally join this thread officially as a mum. Its an awesome yet humbling feeling.
Trust our babies and families are doing great?
Everything is OK with my son ,God help me with Ebf,Amen. Meanwhile after delivery,I noticed that the white part of my right eye has a red/blood stain. Did anyone experience this? I showed the doc and he said it will clear on its own,another one said it will leave a scar.
Abeg oo,any experience on this will be appreciated. Thanks mums

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
Elixir123:
Good evening great mothers! I'm excited to finally join this thread officially as a mum. Its an awesome yet humbling feeling.
Everything is OK with my son ,God help me with Ebf,Amen. Meanwhile after delivery,I noticed that the white part of my right eye has a red/blood stain. Did anyone experience this? I showed the doc and he said it will clear on its own,another one said it will leave a scar.

Dunno cos my lo had it postpartum which I showed the paed and she said it'll clear.It did before 12 days.so if your doc says so best believe and not worry much.
God help you with Ebf,Amen.lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Elixir123: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Abiagirl777:

Dunno cos my lo had it postpartum which I showed the paed and she said it'll clear.It did before 12 days.so if your doc says so best believe and not worry much.
God help you with Ebf,Amen.lol
Glad to hear it cleared for your lo,cool.Thanks for your input ma.Amen oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Welicome! My lo had it and the doctor prescribed multivitamin and it cleared. Maybe you should try that.
Elixir123:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Elixir123: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
Naomi14:
Welicome! My lo had it and the doctor prescribed multivitamin and it cleared. Maybe you should try that.
Thanks ma'am but I'm the one with the red eye o. I was given ferrous anyway and folic ,so will see how that works .
How's lo and family ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bulunton(f): 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Elixir123:

Thanks ma'am but I'm the one with the red eye o. I was given ferrous anyway and folic ,so will see how that works .
How's lo and family ?

Hi dear I feel it's birth trauma,with plenty rest it should clear off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Don't worry e go clear. We dey fine! Thanks
Elixir123:

How's lo and family ?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Trendytessy:
Hello mamas.., My baby is 4weeks old and has rashes on her face for over a week now. I was told to wait it out but I don't think its leaving her face. I used Cacatin yet no result. pls what do I do again??
Also she's too clingy and will only sleep if she's held once I drop her she wakes up. How do I stop this?
Thanks

cc all experienced mamas
my son also had rashes on his face at a time. what I did was that I stopped applying powder and oil (I use coconut oil on him) on his face. I don't apply anything at all on his face. ( thank God the weather is not dry). and I use veery veery little soap to wash his face. the rashes cleared within a few days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
realdentist:
my son also had rashes on his face at a time. what I did was that I stopped applying powder and oil (I use coconut oil on him) on his face. I don't apply anything at all on his face. ( thank God the weather is not dry). and I use veery veery little soap to wash his face. the rashes cleared within a few days.
Thanks... I'll try that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 5:25am On Sep 28, 2017
Katchycouture how is your baby?
and about your bp, is it normal now? Are you still on the drugs.
Mine has been giving me problems since. Once I stop the medications, I start feeling unwell again and it shoots up high.
I never told My mum of the the hell I went through because of her own challenges. I told her of the bp situation yesterday and her first question was whether I went through a traumatized delivery cos trauma like that can cause bp.

I answered yes and finally realised that the harm those two nurses caused me went beyond the huge epistonomy so I was given.

Its been 10 weeks since then and I have fallen into depression which makes me think of death often. I am usually so so sad and this health condition is giving me plenty worries

I want to go back to gbagada GH and lay an official complaint. It may save another soul from this crushing feeling I am in now.

Please mothers, what do you think,l ? Is it worth it and have I left it too long? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 8:27am On Sep 28, 2017
@ davsquared

To think I typed a semi long answer to your No 1 question yesterday....

OK this is what I did.....

At noon especially just before naps....I take DS to the bathroom to pee and rinse properly and say " we pee in the bathroom".

In the evenings before dinner time, I take him to pee again...sometimes he doesn't pee at all and at other times he pees sparingly....( now he runs to the bathroom himself and pees....also attempts to rinse off)

Some minutes after dinner, we do a night shower....this always aids pee and he's tucked into bed. I give him water well ....water is important

All night( I set alarm), I carry him to pee 2-3 times before morning and still give him some water( not much)after 2nd pee thereabout... no night feeding in my dictionary and this aids easy pooping in the morning.....

I am a light sleeper so I don't get to sleep back easily after this episode but it paid off.....

It isn't easy oooo but you will get your results and before a month ....

He would even be tapping you( or poking your eyes or slight abara as mine does sometimes) to pee midnight /you will notice him tossing on the bed, he wants to pee at that point......there and then.....you must get up and encourage him even with your sleepy eyes...

well done mama.

@ Queenhecate ....I had to go read your bs because I didn't earlier.......

sorry sis about the experience and how you are feeling......Talking about it with the authorities would make you feel better and who knows ,it could save some one else.

It's even possible the Chief matron had an idea they have such 'elements' in there hence the need for coming out with those forms.

....this is a big issue whether you spoke immediately or not.

Please be easy with yourself.........

How's your LO doing? certain great..and yes "she is the greatest gift of all".

You are strong....yes you are.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2017
queenhecate:
Mine has been giving me problems since. Once I stop the medications, I start feeling unwell again and it shoots up high.
I never told My mum of the the hell I went through because of her own challenges. I told her of the bp situation yesterday and her first question was whether I went through a traumatized delivery cos trauma like that can cause bp.

I answered yes and finally realised that the harm those two nurses caused me went beyond the huge epistonomy so I was given.

Its been 10 weeks since then and I have fallen into depression which makes me think of death often. I am usually so so sad and this health condition is giving me plenty worries

I want to go back to gbagada GH and lay an official complaint. It may save another soul from this crushing feeling I am in now.

Please mothers, what do you think,l ? Is it worth it and have I left it too long? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

well, it always better late than never... its good you're realising the whole situation now...
I will suggest you go ahead with checking in the hospital and if possible try and get the digital bp checker its very good, it will help you monitor your bp well...And also if possible you should get a good doctor's number as well so you can always place a call if need be instead of the stress of always visiting the hospital.
Try as much as possible to relax and think less..

its well with you dear...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Elixir123: 9:30am On Sep 28, 2017
bulunton:

Hi dear I feel it's birth trauma,with plenty rest it should clear off.
My sis you are right. The birth story was something else but we thank God. Thanks maam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2017
queenhecate:

Baby is fine

My bp problem only goes down with medication, once I stop I get serious headache and rise in bp so I've decided to continue with my medication until I stop breastfeeding so I can go into full time dieting..I've tried and seen that fruits and vegitables take the bp away, my husband is even saying I have to stop breastfeeding by 3 months (me I refused) so I can diet and stop taking durgs..I checked my protein in urine few days ago and realised I still have trace of protein in urine..

Did your bp start after pregnancy or during pregnancy?

I believe you can stop being depressed, make urself happy,look around you and see the beautiful life you've got, stop thinking about death and instead plan on adding more colours to ur life.
It is well with you and yours

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2017
realdentist:
maybe you should just pm her?
Thanks jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ohferanmi(f): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=Benignasweety post=60831960] Buy Wate-On syrup.

Thank you once again, I was able to get it today. I pray it works for him. Did you use it for your ds/dd. How is the efficacy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2017
katchycouture:

Baby is fine

My bp problem only goes down with medication, once I stop I get serious headache and rise in bp so I've decided to continue with my medication until I stop breastfeeding so I can go into full time dieting..I've tried and seen that fits and vegitables take the bp away, my husband is even saying I have to stop breastfeeding by 3 months (me I refused) so I can diet and stop taking durgs..I checked my protein in urine few days ago and realised I still have trace of protein in urine..

Did your bp start after pregnancy or during pregnancy?

I believe you can stop being depressed, make urself happy,look around you and see the beautiful life you've got, stop thinking about death and instead plan on adding more colours to ur life.
It is well with you and yours

@katchycouture ....... This is something that those who even when they painless delivery go thru cause of hormones......... Is all about working on yourself self....... Do you know for me the so called umugu(family members coming around to help) was what caused mine to almost trigger.............. Medical advice from a medical professional....1. Take your drugs...... 2. At least for 15 minutes to one hour in two days go out.... Not market oooo...... Go out with your baby alone......... It most not be far, it can be strolling in your area....... Take some air.............. 3.....f*ck your brains out even if it does not feel like before pregnancy f*ck keep f*cking it will get better.............. 4. Focus on only 3 things..... Yourself, baby, husband 5. Households chores will never finish focus on d basics food, clothes parlor ur bed top lol...... Abeg Sabi mama u can add more......... That my advise for you @queenhecate

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 11:56am On Sep 28, 2017
TashaStPatrik:

Enlighten me mbok. How does it work? What do I do?

How old is your baby n weight I know of lizyped syrup work wonders with vitamin c syrup............. Lizyped with antibiotics original a picnic for very stubborn cough..... Believe u will b surprise..... All you need to do is what tell me ur baby age n recent weight n present symptoms to tell you the dosage
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
claudia50:

@katchycouture ....... This is something that those who even when they painless delivery go thru cause of hormones......... Is all about working on yourself self....... Do you know for me the so called umugu(family members coming around to help) was what caused mine to almost trigger.............. Medical advice from a medical professional....1. Take your drugs...... 2. At least for 15 minutes to one hour in two days go out.... Not market oooo...... Go out with your baby alone......... It most not be far, it can be strolling in your area....... Take some air.............. 3.....f*ck your brains out even if it does not feel like before pregnancy f*ck keep f*cking it will get better.............. 4. Focus on only 3 things..... Yourself, baby, husband 5. Households chores will never finish focus on d basics food, clothes parlor ur bed top lol...... Abeg Sabi mama u can add more......... That my advise for you @queenhecate

Lol @ number 3...i had to read over and over again to be sure I wasn't just seeing things...

It is well, it surely will get better

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mamas please help oooo... my baby girl has not pooped since saturday, this is the 6th day now and she keeps groaning as if she wants to pass a hard stool, my mom has tried using cotton bud to stimulate the anus but only very small poo comes out, I've given orange , glucose water yet nothing seem to work...she is 6 weeks old, plz who has gone through this and what did you do for ur lo to poo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hi Sis, so sorry about how you feel. Your mental health is very critical to your general wellbeing especially considering you have a little baby. If reporting will make you feel better please do irrespective of how long it's been. Other options are a Facebook post so people can share. Please consider counselling (doesn't have to be religious). Also check out @mentallyaware on twitter for resources that may help

queenhecate:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
Is she ebf? When the poo comes out what does it look like? The groaning may be colic which she will outgrow as her digestive system develops. EBF babies can poo even every 2 weeks. No problem at all, please leave her bum alone grin

katchycouture:
Mamas please help oooo... my baby girl has not pooped since saturday, this is the 6th day now and she keeps groaning as if she wants to pass a hard stool, my mom has tried using cotton bud to stimulate the anus but only very small poo comes out, I've given orange , glucose water yet nothing seem to work...she is 6 weeks old, plz who has gone through this and what did you do for ur lo to poo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Katchycouture, dunasy, myrygirl and claudia50. Thank you all. I will keep on with my medication and start drafting the letter to submit whenever I go next.

And I also smiled at that advice too from Claudia50. Thanks ma but my mojo Neva grew come back at all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Is she ebf? When the poo comes out what does it look like? The groaning may be colic which she will outgrow as her digestive system develops. EBF babies can poo even every 2 weeks. No problem at all, please leave her bum alone grin

She takes nan1 along side breastmilk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by edithodg(f): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
katchycouture:

same happened to my baby and her prea said I should let her be that she will sure poo when she wants to.I gave her warm water on my own and she pooed that same day. I don't know if it was the water that worked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by edithodg(f): 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hi Sis, so sorry about how you feel. Your mental health is very critical to your general wellbeing especially considering you have a little baby. If reporting will make you feel better please do irrespective of how long it's been. Other options are a Facebook post so people can share. Please consider counselling (doesn't have to be religious). Also check out @mentallyaware on twitter for resources that may help

my bp issue started few hours before delivery and continue till like two weeks after birth. I have decided to take my mind off it,no worries ,no bending down to pick anything,reduce the way I use my phone,stroll out with my baby,do little chores,no carrying of heavy stuffs,once my baby sleeps I am off to bed too.These have really helped me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Does she drink water? Give her warm water first thing in the morning and see how it goes

katchycouture:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
queenhecate:
I have a tip I want to share.

When your baby has cataarrh, I mean that thick one that blocks the nostrils, do this: be watchful for that time they will sneeze which is often and usually comes in twos or threes, when the sneeze is about to land grin, quickly use one finger to press down one nostril and see how all the nyamanyama gunk will ooze out of the other nostril leaving her airways clear. My mum taught me this.

I took it a step further and will carry the baby and tickle her nose with a cotton bud and wait for the sneeze. The mucus that will come out ehhhhh. No be small thing and me nko, I find it very satisfying cheesy grin grin

Try it and see

Modified: I want to add something. You wait until the sneeze hits halfway before closing one nostril. If you block it before it reach ground, the sneeze will just disappear. There is a knack to it grin grin
how person wan take catch sneeze halfway na? anyway, I will try it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please dont stimulate her anus. If she is not Ebf, give her warm water. Heard it helps!
katchycouture:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.