Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406584 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
Giddyperson:
Please is there any thing else apart from water that I can give baby daily to avoid constipation. I try to give her water but she just plays around with it and spits out most of it. Or Is there anything I can add to the water to give it a more encouraging taste. She's finally pooping now and it's hard and she's straining too much

try pear puree
Oatmeal is easier to digest
try watermelon...u can juice it and give her as a drink.
Breastmilk - believe me it works!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
JGracious:

I don't know about using ribena as a sweetener. Personally I will prefer natural foods /fruits as sweetners.

You can get a potato masher if you don't have a blender. It works fine for my apple puree, rice pudding...you only need to get what you're mashing soft.

check the stores for a potato masher. you fit get one in your kitchen already sef.
Tnx a lot ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:

My boy don turn big boy now now! God bless him. No, it's too sweet. I have one small hand masher that I use sometimes. Just boil the fruits soft and mash. No need to boil banana sef. Also your baby may be like mine that doesn't even eat sweetened pap sef

Lol I pray o...
Thank ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
feddy27:

You don't need sweeteners. The cereal + milk is already sweet. Fruits is to add extra flavor and more nutrients.
Wow didn't even know its jex for flavor sef, thank God.
Thank ma for ur response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
babythug:

No ribena can't serve as a sweetener! In fact it's discouraged except in cases like Giddy's where baby isn't drinking water readily if you get me.

From my experience with my boys sweeteners aren't always necessary infact I've never given to my children till they were much older. Cereal with or without milk is all they were fed as babies.

One mum here was gracious enough to share how to make date syrup it's worth giving it a shot! Just read back a few pages and you'd find it

The purées too aren't so bad nor are they that cumbersome to prepare but of course only if convenient!

Good luck and hope this helps!
Alryt ma, thanks alot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
enque:

u dont need a blender for banana - u can use a fork or spoon
apple is softer once cooked, just cut into much smaller bit before cooking, so u can easily mash with a fork afterwards
Awww sounds more easier... Thanks mommy Zara, kisses to her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Good evening experience mothers. I just started cereal for my son, I got Gerber oatmeal cereal which I started just this morning, he took a little. Please who has bought BEBIVITA FRUITY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE BEFORE? and is there any better cereal I can start. He will be 5month next week.

Help a sis please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lol. Rihanna has some hard core stans so me I take her reviews with a pinch of salt. A friend of mine is a stan, Rihanna follows her on SM and all so she has exposed their crazy world to me. I'll ask for her review cos I'm sure she has bought

Giddyperson:
Not bad at all if u are looking to spend less money on foundation but not wow. Me I'm eyeing Rihanna's fenty, I wonder when it would reach those of us in the third world tho I hear it's high end but I'd like to try it atleast once cuz all the reviews of it I've watched on YouTube are great.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. Rihanna has some hard core stans so me I take her reviews with a pinch of salt. A friend of mine is a stan, Rihanna follows her on SM and all so she has exposed their crazy world to me. I'll ask for her review cos I'm sure she has bought

lol I feel this one is more than stanship. That's why I prefer watching YouTube reviews cuz you can see their faces transform 100%. Plus me too I like Rihanna. *Runs away*

*runs back briefly* Thanks Enque for the tips
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I clean with vinegar and a wash cloth. You can get vinegar from any pharmacy near you.

Thank u so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hi maamas its been a while..how are you and yours..May God continue to protect our los for us..

I have a question o, I paid a visit to my cousin(a mother of two). So she asked, why am I not putting bib for my dd ? I was like, I don't see reason to for now since we are still ebf (no food dropping on her cloth) and she isn't drooling..she was now like surprise that no drooling at 5month+ that she learnt that if a baby didn't drool the will be falling sick when they start teething.. ha I rejected it..

pls maamas how through is this..I asked my mum she said its new to her, maybe its a new findings..

tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 1:54am On Oct 10, 2017
Mall for Africa mamas grin. @huuniesuzie @jazzyjazz @naomi24. They are doing $1 shipping for Carter's. Carter's is also doing 50% off so seize the opportunity to shop for ur lo. I'm off to bed

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:02am On Oct 10, 2017
myrygurl:
Hi maamas its been a while..how are you and yours..May God continue to protect our los for us..

I have a question o, I paid a visit to my cousin(a mother of two). So she asked, why am I not putting bib for my dd ? I was like, I don't see reason to for now since we are still ebf (no food dropping on her cloth) and she isn't drooling..she was now like surprise that no drooling at 5month+ that she learnt that if a baby didn't drool the will be falling sick when they start teething.. ha I rejected it..

pls maamas how through is this..I asked my mum she said its new to her, maybe its a new findings..

tnx

Its not true superstitious believe I think. My baby didn't drool or fell sick I only just saw he already grew 2teeth at 3months. Now he will be 8months soon he drools now and has 7teeth already with NO SiCKNESS. Just use the yoruba black teething soap to bath ur baby from his head down to other parts of his body u wouldn't even know when his teeth will come out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:41am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson
If u r giving ur LO mashed bananas, Pls stop it for now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 5:48am On Oct 10, 2017
myrygurl:

tnx

That's not true. My baby never drool from birth till now(a year plus)and she has be doing very fine sickness wise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:50am On Oct 10, 2017
enque:
Giddyperson
If u r giving ur LO mashed bananas, Pls stop it for now
I gave mashed plantains two days ago, yesterday I gave sweet potato cuz I read it's high fibre. Today I wanna try avacado. Can I boil the avacado
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:
I gave mashed plantains two days ago, yesterday I gave sweet potato cuz I read it's high fibre. Today I wanna try avacado. Can I boil the avacado

No boiling
Just scoop out and mash.

Yeah... Sweet potato is fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:48am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:
Sweet potato is fine
No boiling of avocado please. Just scoop out and mash
You can also try pawpaw from seven month!!!
Boiled apple to mash too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
myrygurl:

Sorry about the cough....Maybe u should try the palm oil and sugar.... courtesy ma'am zaynie
please can a 7months old baby use this.thanks

Cc Iomoge2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2017
Chanbaby:

Its not true superstitious believe I think. My baby didn't drool or fell sick I only just saw he already grew 2teeth at 3months. Now he will be 8months soon he drools now and has 7teeth already with NO SiCKNESS. Just use the yoruba black teething soap to bath ur baby from his head down to other parts of his body u wouldn't even know when his teeth will come out.
Yoruba teething soap... tell me something ma...
Thank God I will soon be in Lag, land of Iya agbos...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2017
Akorkor:

Sweet potato is fine
No boiling of avocado please. Just scoop out and mash
You can also try pawpaw from seven month!!!
Boiled apple to mash too
enque:

No boiling
Just scoop out and mash.

Yeah... Sweet potato is fine
choi I tried to wash with a spoon but it's not just working at all. Can I blend
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

blend ke? i've never tried blending

add small breastmilk na to make it easier to mash
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

Blend avocado?!!! No now but if you have hand blender you MAY use.

Pawpaw... blend with hand blender, banana and all other fruit too because I also find it not smooth when I mashed my banana with fork so I use hand blender
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2017
Just passing by, say make a holla my baes!! Longest time.. kiss

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2017
Akorkor:

Blend avocado?!!! No now but if you have hand blender you MAY use.

Pawpaw... blend with hand blender, banana and all other fruit too because I also find it not smooth when I mashed my banana with fork so I use hand blender
enque:

blend ke? i've never tried blending

add small breastmilk na to make it easier to mash
I just saw this little mortar on Jumia, maybe I'd hold on until I order it, I also saw the hand blender, the little ones sold for 1k ish. I think I'd just go with the mortar cuz it's easier to sterilize plus those hand blenders are not strong at all. Anyway until then, avacado would hold on cuz my spoon is just not cutting it, literally cheesy

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

Yes you can blend with a little water or breastmilk or formula mixed with water, sometimes I blend with carrot when I want a smooth paste
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Yes you can blend with a little water or breastmilk or formula mixed with water, sometimes I blend with carrot when I want a smooth paste
You ve been scarce around here Ngozi, how far.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

I just saw this little mortar on Jumia, maybe I'd hold on until I order it, I also saw the hand blender, the little ones sold for 1k ish. I think I'd just go with the mortar cuz it's easier to sterilize plus those hand blenders are not strong at all. Anyway until then, avacado would hold on cuz my spoon is just not cutting it, literally cheesy

You use fork to mash mama!!! Not spoon. Spoon is to scoop it out then fork is to mash
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2017
babythug:

Will share this on one baby food thread I found if you don't mind please!

Fed..dy27 I shared your tips already hope you don't mind! wink

It's ok dear smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2017
This is what I use for pawpaw, bananas and avocado. A spoon doesn't really work

Got it free though so I don't know how much it's sold

Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

hunniesuzie has this masher too.... it works well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:34am On Oct 10, 2017
ftmum:
Good evening experience mothers. I just started cereal for my son, I got Gerber oatmeal cereal which I started just this morning, he took a little. Please who has bought BEBIVITA FRUITY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE BEFORE? and is there any better cereal I can start. He will be 5month next week.

Help a sis please

Heinz and cow & gate have cereals for 4-6months. I've never heard of this one this mentioned. Also introduce a new cereal one at a time. Give it 4 days before you introduce another one so you detect if your child has any allergic reactions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.