Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406292 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trish102(f): 10:26am On Oct 08, 2017
Please i sent you and email, kindly reply when you come online [quote author=olamitie post=60251538]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2017
Try SMA Gold next. That's another one that usually works. Thanks for the kisses, you're more correct than Giddyperson wink

JGracious:

Thank you for your suggestion.
We are just preparing to start crèche and no small baby around us.
Na to pray for God's direction as I choose another type of milk for him.

Enque, thank you too.

I have helped Giddyperson complete the kisses and I add 2 extra. I gained from the pictures you shared.
I hope she won't look at me with side eye cos na she ask fine question.
Giddymama...cyberhugs smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bennie17: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2017
Good morning House
Happy Sunday everyone..Am a bit worried,my dear son is 2weeks old but started sticking out his tongue from birth causing his mouth to be constantly open...
Who have experienced this before..Is there any remedy... Someone already suggested pacifier..pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2017
JGracious:

Thank you for your suggestion.
We are just preparing to start crèche and no small baby around us.
Na to pray for God's direction as I choose another type of milk for him.

Enque, thank you too.

I have helped Giddyperson complete the kisses and I add 2 extra. I gained from the pictures you shared.
I hope she won't look at me with side eye cos na she ask fine question.
Giddymama...cyberhugs smiley
no you shouldn't have. I wanted Hunniesuzie to learn how to share.

My baby is rejecting nan too even tho she took it well when she was born. She doesn't even like it mixed with her food, I'm not going on the search for any milk cuz I'm still breastfeeding very often. But BIL told me to try sma gold
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2017
kidco:

Free teddy bears for first sets of Mamar to order as in group before the 10th of this month

please, any benin mama interested in kidco books, pls holla
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:32am On Oct 08, 2017
bennie17:
Good morning House
Happy Sunday everyone..Am a bit worried,my dear son is 2weeks old but started sticking out his tongue from birth causing his mouth to be constantly open...
Who have experienced this before..Is there any remedy... Someone already suggested pacifier..pls help
Maybe you should google this and also ask your doctor. I know there was a phase where my baby started sticking out her tongue but it was just a passing phase and not from birth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lol. Izit by force? Meanwhile we're at the hospital. I chose Sunday cos I thought the crowd won't be as bad but it's over an hour now...and I'm hungry....and irritable

undecided

Giddyperson:

My baby is rejecting nan too even tho she took it well when she was born. She doesn't even like it mixed with her food, I'm not going on the search for any milk cuz I'm still breastfeeding very often. But BIL told me to try sma gold
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sticking out his tongue like he's sucking on it? Just the tip of it?

My baby did that and outgrew it after a while, don't think a pacifier would do anything sha. He still does it once in a while but he's mostly stopped now

If that's not what you mean then no clue

bennie17:
Good morning House
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. Izit by force? Meanwhile we're at the hospital. I chose Sunday cos I thought the crowd won't be as bad but it's over an hour now...and I'm hungry....and irritable

undecided

Hope u guys r fine?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by timigreene(m): 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello sabi mothers in the house. Happy Sunday.

My daughter is 1year 1month. She has dropped weight due to the fact that she is teething coupled with she has been weaned.

Is there any supplement or formula I can use for her to hasten her recovery?

Cc: All mamas with experience.

Thanks.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
We are oh. He's had one cattarh and cough for 5 weeks. All natural treatment plus antibiotics, piriton, vitamin C sef, the thing still dey, so they said we should do FBC and malaria test. Waiting for result

Thanks smiley

enque:

Hope u guys r fine?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:

undecided

Sundays are the worst, when everyone can afford to take time off work without loosing money grin. You would have gone around 4pm so that you would see the peadiatrician. I hope he gets better soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
iomoge2:

Please check for wht could be causing d cough for it to be recurrent

Ours was dust and allergy
Antibiotics and drugs didnt work as it was coming back after one week
But as soon as d doctor made us check for dust (ie remove rug)
Also stopped flit (sheltux) we resulted to mosquito net
Then we also avioded any cough triggers
We have been fine since then

We used the palm oil n ori stuff to treat
But what i stated above was preventive for us

Good morning

Good morning dear thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
So Bobo has Malaria and infection. And we were given meds including Lonart 20/120. That's how they said I should give him 14 mls a day AT ONCE!!!! I asked like 4 times, babe who dispensed the drugs said it's correct. I checked the leaflet in the box, it says 5ml in the morning, 5 in the evening which makes more sense to me. Mamas who know pls advise. My baby is 7 months plus and 9.5kg

Thanks Giddyperson, finally left after raking at past 1, he's kuku scattering everywhere, my baby's habit of falling sick with no fever or loss of appetite sef is a bit disconcerting

Cc enque, soonest (read you're a pharmacist), zaynie, Akorkor, jazzyjazz, iomoge2 and all mamas online. Waiting for feedback before I give him edakun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:
So Bobo has Malaria and infection. And we were given meds including Lonart 20/120. That's how they said I should give him 14 mls a day AT ONCE!!!! I asked like 4 times, babe who dispensed the drugs said it's correct. I checked the leaflet in the box, it says 5ml in the morning, 5 in the evening which makes more sense to me. Mamas who know pls advise. My baby is 7 months plus and 9.5kg

Thanks Giddyperson, finally left after raking at past 1, he's kuku scattering everywhere, my baby's habit of falling sick with no fever or loss of appetite sef is a bit disconcerting

Cc enque, soo..nest (read you're a pharmacist), zay..nie, Ako.rkor, jazzy..jazz, iom..oge2 and all mamas online. Waiting for feedback before I give him edakun

Last time we had malaria, we were given lonart tablets (1 tab 3 tyms for 3 days).
I don't have experience with the syrup

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Eyah! Don't worry he will be fine. #hugztobobo#
hunniesuzie:
We are oh. He's had one cattarh and cough for 5 weeks. All natural treatment plus antibiotics, piriton, vitamin C sef, the thing still dey, so they said we should do FBC and malaria test. Waiting for result

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lol...you sound like a school principal with you wanting to discipline hunniesuzie.

I may have to try the sma gold to augment his milk intake cos I'm resuming work which means he will only be able to take breastmilk in the morning before I leave for work and evenings when I return.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
timigreene:
Hello sabi mothers in the house. Happy Sunday.

My daughter is 1year 1month. She has dropped weight due to the fact that she is teething coupled with she has been weaned.

Is there any supplement or formula I can use for her to hasten her recovery?

Cc: All mamas with experience.

Thanks.....

I'll rather you have her checked in the hospital. Teething is an on/off thing and shouldn't affect her weight in my opinion.
what foods have you been giving since you weaned her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Cc enque, soonest (read you're a pharmacist), zaynie, Akorkor, jazzyjazz, iomoge2 and all mamas online. Waiting for feedback before I give him edakun

I don't have any experience with the syrup but when ilan had malaria, we were given the tabs and I only had to dissolve in water to give him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:

when my DS was treated for malaria, his prescription was 5ml start- 5ml after 8 hrs and 5ml for 3days. We weren't given lonart but one of the arthemeter lufemantrine brands.

I will be surprised if your lo can take 14 ml of medicine at once sef except if he enjoys it before. He might spit it out so give him in bits.

The other time my DS had malaria, he was eating and playing very well. It was 3days consistent green poo that made me go to the hospital and when tested, it revealed malaria.

May God help us with taking care of them.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Yes 5ml twice daily
Check that the syrup has 20/120mg in 5ml.
5kg to 15kg should take either 1 tab of 20/120mg or 5ml of suspension of said strength. Cheers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:

I think 14ml is too much for once. Let him take it 5ml, morning and evening. I think that would be better tha 14ml once. Also, most of the time we need to follow our instinct in giving drugs to our LOs. Some of this pharmacist just dey prescribe anyhow. All the best moma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thanks Enque, Jazzyjazz, Soonest, Naomi14, Akorkor, JGracious (have you considered expressing? If you have a good supply your baby may not need formula)

The boy hates medicine. Even 2.5 mls of delicious vitamin C is war, although he will lick his lips after. That's another reason why I was questioning the 14 mls. I kuku didn't want that doctor. I had judged his thick accent before they took my file to him lipsrsealed

God bless you all kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss one kiss for each person. I'm not stingy like Giddyperson grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Akorkor:

iomoge2, long time no saw...Was thinking about you yesterday. Hope baby Zoe (hope am right)is doing well and dada too cheesy. She will be one year this month. How time flies.... Congratulations

As in ehn
Birthday in a bit o
Chio
Am so happy.

We are fine o
Hope i r good too
kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Thanks Enque, Jazzyjazz, Soonest, Naomi14, Akorkor, JGracious (have you considered expressing? If you have a good supply your baby may not need formula)

The boy hates medicine. Even 2.5 mls of delicious vitamin C is war, although he will lick his lips after. That's another reason why I was questioning the 14 mls. I kuku didn't want that doctor. I had judged his thick accent before they took my file to him lipsrsealed

God bless you all kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss one kiss for each person. I'm not stingy like Giddyperson grin

U see yasef grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
smiley
Akorkor:

Thanks for the recipe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Pele, this is exactly why I asked why you didn't just wait to see the paed. My last experience with those doctors are very similar to this your own, I'd just rather deal with a baby doctor next time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Biko my baby did not poo all through yesterday and today. She had diarrhoea when she was sick and that just stopped on Friday, since then she hasn't pooped. Won't be bothered if she was still EBF but I just recently started giving her semi-solids atleast four times a day, I also try to give her water a lot tho she plays with it and half end up on her bib. Anyway, thought she should be pooping everyday now that she's eating other foods, at what point do I begin to worry?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko my baby did not poo all through yesterday and today. She had diarrhoea when she was sick and that just stopped on Friday, since then she hasn't pooped. Won't be bothered if she was still EBF but I just recently started giving her semi-solids atleast four times a day, I also try to give her water a lot tho she plays with it and half end up on her bib. Anyway, thought she should be pooping everyday now that she's eating other foods, at what point do I begin to worry?

What was her normal poop routine b4 she fell ill?
When did d diarrhoea stop?
U know once they start solids, they may not poop as often as they used to. U sef think am Na... If u change ur diet from tea to AKPU, ur digestive system sef go gats adjust

Watch out for the consistency of the poop... Hard and in pebble form could mean she is constipated. Else she is fine and just not ready to poop.

Give her WARM water first thing in the morning
U can try pear puree ( but b sure the diarrhoea is gone b4 giving this)
Oatmeal is milder to digest as compared to rice n co.

In summary, she needs to poop first b4 u can ascertain Dt she is constipated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
enque:

What was her normal poop routine b4 she fell ill?
When did d diarrhoea stop?
U know once they start solids, they may not poop as often as they used to. U sef think am Na... If u change ur diet from tea to AKPU, ur digestive system sef go gats adjust

Watch out for the consistency of the poop... Hard and in pebble form could mean she is constipated. Else she is fine and just not ready to poop.

Give her WARM water first thing in the morning
U can try pear puree ( but b sure the diarrhoea is gone b4 giving this)
Oatmeal is milder to digest as compared to rice n co.

In summary, she needs to poop first b4 u can ascertain Dt she is constipated.
thanks, I've been giving her warm water first thing. Would ve made the pear purée today if I had asked this earlier but I'd do that tomorrow. She's only been on August secrets food until today when I made ripe plantain porridge. Lemme just assume her body is adjusting to the change of diet. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Funny enough I judged the doctor from when I heard him calling for patients, he's new cos I've never seen him before, and told the nurse to take my file to a guy that I like. Unfortunately he got called to attend to an emergency and another nurse packed his files to distribute. Imagine my shock when I heard my baby's name from his mouth

I've learnt my lesson sha

Giddyperson:

Pele, this is exactly why I asked why you didn't just wait to see the paed. My last experience with those doctors are very similar to this your own, I'd just rather deal with a baby doctor next time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
grin Is he very tall?
hunniesuzie:
Funny enough I judged the doctor from when I heard him calling for patients, he's new cos I've never seen him before, and told the nurse to take my file to a guy that I like. Unfortunately he got called to attend to an emergency and another nurse packed his files to distribute. Imagine my shock when I heard my baby's name from his mouth

I've learnt my lesson sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.