Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429520 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2017
I didn't take uda pepper soup oh...
It has subsided this morning though
Thanks ma'am
Naomi14:
Maybe your uterus is still shrinking back to its pre-pregnancy size. Did you take UDA peppersoup after delivery?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2017
I guess I over worked myself yesterday. Did some running around but I will rest today though
Thanks ma'am
hunniesuzie:
Thanks @zaynie @twogreatnations he didn't poo all night but did a major one this morning. I'll observe till noon

@spiceeamiee maybe try it during the day when you're awake a few times till you become comfortable. When you lie on your side, your lower arm is over her head it's the boob closer to the bed you give her. Put your head on a pillow and put her close enough that she can reach the nipple but not too close for flesh to cover her face

I had to quickly lie in that position to remember these tips. Lol

Kelizosuy have you been overdoing things again? What pain reliever were you given? Have you been taking it? You went through a major surgery, the amount of rest you give your body determines how fast you'll recover. Once your baby is asleep, don't clean/cook/do anything, just lie down and rest. If the pain persists even after taking your drugs complain when you go for dressing

Zaynie and helovesme I'm sha gentle. I don't know what you people are talking about. But when an elderly starts behaving like a child, he can't be surprised when he is cautioned like a child. grin

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2017
katchycouture:

Depends on ur location, but the last time i went there, i wenr through yaba, boarded a bus to oyingbo and dropped at their last busstop, then i treaked forward a bit, young shall grow park is on the right hand side

Thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2017
enque:

R u in Lagos??

No dear. I'm not
I sent a package to someone in Lagos since the day before yesterday. The driver was supposed to drop it at ojota. But the idiot went to drop it at iddo and refused to answer calls. So the woman who patronized me now felt I defrauded her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2017
helovesme:

Very well done. cheesy

Nice golden brown colour.

Try banana bread/cake next time using very ripe bananas without sugar (if you intend giving your child) or with little sugar if it’s yourself and a child older than 12months. It’s very easy to prepare and you do not need a mixer.

Check www.sisijemimah.com for her banana bread recipe.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind and try it when my baking is perfect
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2017
@ reniduke, nikkishola, Pamelar, Berra, how una dey? How is Lo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2017
OK.
Thanks for this tip ma.. We appreciate
helovesme:

The best way of detoxifying the body is to do it naturally - using fruits.

I think it’s best you wait till your child crosses 6 months and then you can do a fruit/veggie fast for a few days.

Drinking lots and lots of water (especially first thing in the morning before you brush or have any meal) as well as reducing sugar intake and having fruits or vegetables or both at least once a day also helps.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2017
Naomi14:
Lol! Her baby's name is Samantha. So you can her Sam for short.
wow nice and scarce name..

booked for mah baby,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:
@Jina24 @LadySarah I still tried it yesterday but no way cry cry cry. Does practise make perfect in this instance?

yes pls keep trying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2017
CoolOne1:
@enque,goodmorning..can I have d contact of the lansinoh breast pump dealer...

Send me a pm
I don't want to put his number on here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

No dear. I'm not
I sent a package to someone in Lagos since the day before yesterday. The driver was supposed to drop it at ojota. But the idiot went to drop it at iddo and refused to answer calls. So the woman who patronized me now felt I defrauded her.

Where is the person who is to pick up located?
Let me see if I can direct u from there
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2017
enque:

Where is the person who is to pick up located?
Let me see if I can direct u from there

She has been able to pick up the item. Thanks so much ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2017
Thanks mama. Tried again today and he eventually accepted it from his dad.
JGracious:

if you tried feeding him with the bottle by yourself, try and let someone else do it tomorrow. You will also need to be where he can't see you while he's being fed.
This is because babies are quite sensitive and may be able to perceive your smell hence refuse the bottle.

Keep trying and don't give it up yet.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2017
He'll be 4months on d 6th
queensnow:
How old is he? U can try spoon and cup my ds refuse bottle at 5months he only takes cup and spoon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2017
Happy weekend mamas,
Pls i need directions, my son has just cut 2 teeth and i can see 2 upper ones about to sprout. I usually clean his mouth with warm water and a wash cloth and so far so good. But nw he has gotten teeth, i'm wondering if its time to start using his finger brush as nd if yes, pls wats the process like? Eg how do i get him to gargle, spit out etc. Pls help with a detailed explanation biko.
Pls dont mind the big assignment.
Thanks

Cc
jazzyjazz
enque
helovesme
alphahandmaiden
hunniesuzie
zaynie
All sabi mamas

Ps: He is 10 months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
olorimorenike:
mamas please help me I'm loosing it, my baby is yet to latch on my breast at first I thought my nipple was too big for his mouth but when he was born but he is two weeks today and yet anytime I put him to suck from my breast he will start crying.t

Hi sweetheart,you are the best mom to him so dont allow any situation to make you feel less.my 2nd son took over 2 weeks to adapt...it was strenous including the backpains that came with it...we even used torchlight during the day to get the exact O of the mouth(lol),i also used two pillows to lift him almost to my face untill we got it right.
pls check if he doesnt have earache by pressing both sides of his ears to see if he,ll flinch.
Aged mum in law staying does not concern you,do the ones you can do and get your rest.If leaving your baby to attend to something will make your heart not to be at rest then back him(I started at 2wks).in.all milk isnt bad while trying
my ppl will say jisike!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lol. Get toothpaste for infants, put a teeny weeny tiny chinkini amount on the brush and go for it. Good luck getting him to spit, gargling is out of the question. That's why you use tiny paste. It gets licked and swallowed (it's delicious)

Me I don't use fingerbrush cos my son knows that teeth are for biting but some people do

Ammy5565:
Happy weekend mamas,
Pls i need directions, my son has just cut 2 teeth and i can see 2 upper ones about to sprout. I usually clean his mouth with warm water and a wash cloth and so far so good. But nw he has gotten teeth, i'm wondering if its time to start using his finger brush as nd if yes, pls wats the process like? Eg how do i get him to gargle, spit out etc. Pls help with a detailed explanation biko.
Thanks

Cc
jazzyjazz
enque
helovesme
alphahandmaiden
hunniesuzie
zaynie
All sabi mamas

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ammy5565:
Happy weekend mamas,
Thanks

Cc
jazzyjazz
enque
helovesme
alphahandmaiden
hunniesuzie
zaynie
All sabi mamas

I use this toothpaste for my son. I just put a tiny smear of the toothpaste on the finger brush, my son readily opens his mouth but he will bite me one million times before I finish.
Babies can't spit out that's why you use a very tiny bit of the paste. You brush up and down and hope he allows you do his tongue too. Lol.

Usually when I finish, I use his wash cloth and put in warm water, then I clean his cheeks and try to see if he will let me clean the tongue as well (it's usually a battle trying to clean his tongue with the brush)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. Get toothpaste for infants, put a teeny weeny tiny chinkini amount on the brush and go for it. Good luck getting him to spit, gargling is out of the question. That's why you use tiny paste. It gets licked and swallowed (it's delicious)

Me I don't use fingerbrush cos my son knows that teeth are for biting but some people do

Thanks dear. So in place of finger toothbrush, what do u use?
Pls also recommended a good toothpaste for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I use this toothpaste for my son. I just put a tiny smear of the toothpaste on the finger brush, my son readily opens his mouth but he will bite me one million times before I finish.
Babies can't spit out that's why you use a very tiny bit of the paste. You brush up and down and hope he allows you do his tongue too. Lol.

Usually when I finish, I use his wash cloth and put in warm water, then I clean his cheeks and try to see if he will let me clean the tongue as well (it's usually a battle trying to clean his tongue with the brush)

Thanks jazzy. Is dis toothpaste readily available in shops? Also do you clean his mouth once in a day or twice like adults? I ask this because of the possibility of swallowing the toothpaste.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
kelizosuy:
OK ma.
She didn't poo again after the third one.
Thanks ma'am

Please is it normal to be having menstrual cramps now embarassed embarassed I'm literally in tears right now as I type. The pain is too much

This was me 1st 2 weeks after delivery.I always cried while breastfeeding cos i was having serious pains like labor pains untill the hospital quelled my fears.lochia was flowing like tap,i was afraid that i was bleeding.
sorry dear,its probably your uterus contracting as i was told.watch if it happens when you are breastfeeding baby Adele.pele,it will soon stop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
If he doesn't want bottle don't stress just feed him with cup and spoon
Moaba:
He'll be 4months on d 6th

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Exactly what I feel.. Both the lochia isn't consistent
LadySarah:

This was me 1st 2 weeks after delivery.I always cried while breastfeeding cos i was having serious pains like labor pains untill the hospital quelled my fears.lochia was flowing like tap,i was afraid that i was bleeding.
sorry dear,its probably your uterus contracting as i was told.watch if it happens when you are breastfeeding baby Adele.pele,it will soon stop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ammy5565:

Thanks jazzy. Is dis toothpaste readily available in shops? Also do you clean his mouth once in a day or twice like adults? I ask this because of the possibility of swallowing the toothpaste.

It's readily available. I think I got it for 500 naira or so.
I clean once a day o. But sometimes when I remember I clean twice.
Because they swallow the paste that's why it's important that it has to be very tiny on the brush
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
We thank God for the success of the first Mama's helping corner.... I met my benefactor yesterday @Tatacherie for my training... very welcoming, hospitable, detailed and ready to teach. what about her Adorable Angel. Thank you all... Let's make it happen next month and on....

cc zaynie.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
sunbestie:

realdent.ist
yesitsm.e
Ozyc.y
Call.ola
XX0.1
Mamas hope u guys are doing fine

Doing great. Just had a lot on my plate. How's your LO? Has he started eating eba and soup?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
kelizosuy:
Exactly what I feel.. Both the lochia isn't consistent

it will come and go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2017
hunniesuzie, how is your baby doing now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigsholly(f): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Jina24 how is lil princess doing, I just saw it on your dairy hope she is doing okay, you won't cry over her ijn. Ehug mama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
I thought i should have gotten used to it,the awesomeness of motherhood.
when i give someone my child which could be mum or dh,in few mins i go back to carry him.I only feel they are secured when im with them.Its crazy and i cant help it but i need help and rest too...
the day i put my son in creche i went there close to 8x and later stopped taking him there
Dh says i will breakdown and what is the help for?
my mum says i'll get tired one day but i dont think i will cos she said the same with my first.
Not forgetting his divine blessings,God has been faithful to us.
I cant believe it,teamApril2017...
we are six mths today..Chizzy...
Always laughing.Always eating,doesnt like sleeping...
Mummy,s lookalike except the nose.
Happy Birthday light in my house

22 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
cutie kiss kiss kiss kiss
LadySarah:
when i give someone my child which could be mum or dh,in few mins i go back to carry him.I only feel they are secured when im with them.Its crazy and i cant help it but i need help and rest too...
the day i put my son in creche i went there close to 8x and later stopped taking him there
my mum says i'll get tired one day but i dont think i will cos she said the same with my first.
we are six mths today..Chizitere is 6m today!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
LadySarah:
we are six mths today..Chizitere is 6m today!
happy birthday darling Chizitere. Continue to grow in abundance

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.