Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410593 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
Cute boy,so we get juniors grin grin grin
LadySarah:
I thought i should have gotten used to it,the awesomeness of motherhood.
when i give someone my child which could be mum or dh,in few mins i go back to carry him.I only feel they are secured when im with them.Its crazy and i cant help it but i need help and rest too...
the day i put my son in creche i went there close to 8x and later stopped taking him there
Dh says i will breakdown and what is the help for?
my mum says i'll get tired one day but i dont think i will cos she said the same with my first.
Not forgetting his divine blessings,God has been faithful to us.
I cant believe it,teamApril2017...
we are six mths today..Chizitere is 6m today!
Always laughing.Always eating,doesnt like sleeping...
Mummy,s lookalike except the nose.
Happy Birthday light in my house
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
kelizosuy:
cutie kiss kiss kiss kiss
wink
kelizosuy:
cutie kiss kiss kiss kiss
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sansa143:
Cute boy,so we get juniors grin grin grin

thanks dear.we still senior alot

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
I use the same toothpaste Jazzy posted. It's readily available. Make sure you're buying the 0-2 years one cos I think they have different age ranges

Ammy5565:

Thanks dear. So in place of finger toothbrush, what do u use?
Pls also recommended a good toothpaste for him.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
2 times today so far. If there's no positive change hospital tomorrow
Thanks for asking

Naomi14:
hunniesuzie, how is your baby doing now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ammy5565:

Thanks jazzy. Is dis toothpaste readily available in shops? Also do you clean his mouth once in a day or twice like adults? I ask this because of the possibility of swallowing the toothpaste.
jazzy and hunnie. Suzie have put it well.
In addition, don't forget to brush the inner surfaces of his teeth, that is the part facing the tongue.
Maclean's 123 is common
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Twogreatnations:

@ Jina24, pls don't be scared, your girl will be fine by God's grace.

bigsholly:
Jina24 how is lil princess doing, I just saw it on your dairy hope she is doing okay, you won't cry over her ijn. Ehug mama.

@Julyborn

@Proudmum38

Amen and Amen. She's doing better now. I appreciate your concern. Thank you so so much. God bless you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lilliesbud12:
We thank God for the success of the first Mama's helping corner.... I met my benefactor yesterday @Tatacherie for my training... very welcoming, hospitable, detailed and ready to teach. what about her Adorable Angel. Thank you all... Let's make it happen next month and on....

cc zaynie.

Oh wow!
That's great!

Please all receivers should bear with me.
I'll start sorting and matching this week.

My givers, I'll be popping in pretty soon. Thanks once more kiss

For those with intentions, we thank you in advance too.

Our jolly phonics training will begin next Friday. I'll reach out to all participants by Thursday.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lilliesbud12:
We thank God for the success of the first Mama's helping corner.... I met my benefactor yesterday @Tatacherie for my training... very welcoming, hospitable, detailed and ready to teach. what about her Adorable Angel. Thank you all... Let's make it happen next month and on....

cc z.aynie.
All thanks to God Ma. It was great meeting you
Warm regards from us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ammy5565:
Happy weekend mamas,
Pls i need directions, my son has just cut 2 teeth and i can see 2 upper ones about to sprout. I usually clean his mouth with warm water and a wash cloth and so far so good. But nw he has gotten teeth, i'm wondering if its time to start using his finger brush as nd if yes, pls wats the process like? Eg how do i get him to gargle, spit out etc. Pls help with a detailed explanation biko.
Pls dont mind the
All sabi mamas

Ps: He is 10 months old

No @ finger brush.

Get a proper toothbrush for kids his age as well as an age appropriate toothpaste.

You can’t get him to gargle which is why you must never ever use an adult toothpaste for him because of the high fluoride content.

Kiddies toothpaste have lower concentration of fluoride and all you need is a smear on his toothbrush.

Attached is the picture of the toothpaste I use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olorimorenike: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
LadySarah:

Hi sweetheart,you are the best mom to him so dont allow any situation to make you feel less.my 2nd son took over 2 weeks to adapt...it was strenous including the backpains that came with it...we even used torchlight during the day to get the exact O of the mouth(lol),i also used two pillows to lift him almost to my face untill we got it right.
pls check if he doesnt have earache by pressing both sides of his ears to see if he,ll flinch.
Aged mum in law staying does not concern you,do the ones you can do and get your rest.If leaving your baby to attend to something will make your heart not to be at rest then back him(I started at 2wks).in.all milk isnt bad while trying
my ppl will say jisike!

thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olorimorenike: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
helovesme:

I personally think you have a big issue on your hands to resolve.

It seems her family were looking for where she can stay and be looked after and stylishly used the excuse of “helping you out as a new mum” to bring her in.

Does she have a personal carer/maid looking after her or is that responsibility all on you ?

I will suggest you try as possible not to leave her alone with your baby and you must be very vigilant.

That said, you need to really relax, be happy and try to put all stress and worries behind you as this will help your milk flow. If you are stressed, tensed and unhappy,your baby can feel the negative vibes.

Some women (like myself) do not have much luck with expressing milk but with baby sucking the breast directly, milk flows very well.

I will suggest you feed your baby with formula and after she’s fed, put her on your breast and have her suck. It’s best done when you are sitting upright with pillows at your back and under your arms for support. Do this after every single feed as it will help her to master the art of sucking and she will also be used to the texture of your tips.

Take a lot of hot drinks/meals (tea, oats,semo) and massage your breast with fairly hot water.

Make sure you have her bottles, preboiled water,formula, etc ready and look out for signs that she’s ready for another meal. That way, she won’t be left hungry and wailing for the next bottle of milk.

You can try making a note of the quantity of milk she’s had as well as the time as this will give you a good idea of her feeding pattern and you can estimate roughly when she’s due for her next bottle of milk.

It took me almost a month to get my son to breast feed properly and also establish my milk flow. I went on to breastfeed him for over a year and I literally had to force him to give up breastfeeding.

So do not worry. This is a phase that will pass. kiss
thanks for your contribution mama I appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olorimorenike: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Mama please calm down. You have not failed. You are a first time mother and believe it or not, these things take time to get used to. Check your nipples, if they are inverted or pointing inwards, get a 10ml syringe, cut out the pointed part and place it on your nips then draw the tip (the way it's done by nurses when they want to fill a syringe injectible drugs). You will see your nipple getting drawn out. Stop when it starts becoming painful and immediately put your baby to the breast that the nip has been drawn out. Repeat several times in a day. By the end of the 3rd day , your nips would be permanently erect. If you are not lactating well, try pap, palm wine, oats, carrots. However, I would say supplement with formular until your Breast milk is fully established and you can pump at least 150mls from each breast then you can now decide to EBF if you want.

thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
@mama sansa123 thanks for checking on us we do pop in sometimes just busy this days.how is baby jay?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olorimorenike: 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
bookholla:

Please u don't need to feel so sad that u can't feed ur baby just yet...he will eventually Co e around. First,check if he is tongue tied cos dt could make him not to latch well,if dt is ruled out just continue to put him to d breast and drink a lot of hot pap,tea and water so as to increase lactation. ..while at dt express and still give him formula till he begins to suck well.
Once again,don't feel bad, uv not failed him...my son also ddnt suck until he became a month old. During dt period I expressed d little I could and gave him forumla to augment. Right now we are strictly ebf.
thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olorimorenike: 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
Mzezkay:

So dis post brought me out of ma peeping mode.i just want u to know u re not alone.Ma baby will be 6months old in a week nd we re still on dis breastfeeding issue.He started sucking with d nipple shield wen he was almost 5mnth old but guess wat,he has started refusing it again.All wat u re going thru is wat i av gone thru and trust me i still get worried once in a while.Try not 2 get all so worked up abt it(easier said dan done but try.) cos dere is more 2 being a moda dan breastfeeding a baby .Ur baby loves u regardless of weda u breastfeed or not(u might not be convinced naw but u will find out soon enough).Try putting him 2 suck wen he is sleepy or early in d morning after bathing him.Av more skin to skin contact with him.He will suck it might not just happen always but kip being hopeful,dnt be discouraged ...dnt try too hard wen he doesn't cooperate(i made dat mistake at first and it only made matters worse)take a brk nd try again.He will suck.

thanks mama I feel encouraged

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
Thanks so so much mamas jazzyjazz , hunniesuzie , realdentist , and helovesme. God bless u all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
LadySarah:
I thought i should have gotten used to it,the awesomeness of motherhood.
when i give someone my child which could be mum or dh,in few mins i go back to carry him.I only feel they are secured when im with them.Its crazy and i cant help it but i need help and rest too...
the day i put my son in creche i went there close to 8x and later stopped taking him there
Dh says i will breakdown and what is the help for?
my mum says i'll get tired one day but i dont think i will cos she said the same with my first.
Not forgetting his divine blessings,God has been faithful to us.
I cant believe it,teamApril2017...
we are six mths today..Chizzy...
Always laughing.Always eating,doesnt like sleeping...
Mummy,s lookalike except the nose.
Happy Birthday light in my house

Awww i missed his pic bt seeing he is my baby's namesake, i know he z a cutie.
Happy six months baby chiziterem.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sansa143:
kittana Dazzle86 Dharyour1234 Titony1 Ariegurl suzy Sixx Mydeporch forzarush mignone Sunbestie Roselok agaibiam
Thanks mama, we were down but we are good now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sansa143:
Long post alert!
It grieves my hrt to hear abt d demise of of prayer warrior!I always look forward to her prayers evry Monday back den!Iyamomoreloaded,may u rest till we meet to part no more!
Furthermore, I have taken time to write out sum monikers dat we haven't seen 4 a while(got dem 4rm my likes n mention)incase u knw any I miss mentioning,pls add up!Please if u get dis,let us knw ur fine!
Hyphee,SisiNini,Tushmom,nikkishola,finepatty,bryanarchie,divie,Mumjb,temmytee31,suzzy4God,phlakkeys,dasugar,toyosiR,customised87,missmalachi,lululuv,nicoleswizzi,omoloulan,cllassic01,Coldfeet,mamatweenz,bulunton,kemesty,nwarosa,Dunni29,kittana,Dazzle86,Dharyour1234,Titony1,Ariegurl,Suzy,Sixx,Mydeporch,forzarush,mignone,Sunbestie,Roselok,aghaibiam,Unic1,folamee,Olukunle5,Tutucious,Abiagirl777,Ijeoma2728,kloness,Mzezkay,sholai,poshestmina,fatamyfatamy,ennywealth09,Afollyshade,peggygee,Bbglory,nneejima,Licious07,opejulie n Toriella!Pls come n Ansa d register!
I'm fine,thanks. may God forgive the departed,Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Graciouscharis:

Which one be the riot act again? grin
Abeg, you don’t have to be scared of not replying me. I usually don’t care if you reply or not but it’s necessary because it’s simple courtesy. Sometimes people go the extra mile to answer us. The best you can do is to show appreciation and not just ignore.

I was busy that day and I happily typed her reply with one hand while I was doing something else with the other hand. I was eager to help my teamie. I left an officer’s contact there and pleaded with her to notify me when she sees it so I can remove it.

When I pointed it out that she ignored my post, she wanted to make me look bad by quoting my edited post, and replying as if I don’t know what I’m talking about. I had to point out the time to her.
She purposely ignored my post. You can’t ask question and not look out for reply especially when someone quotes you before replying. Or it’s possible she only wants certain people to answer her.
I wanted to still respond later but I saw where she sarcastically answered someone that suggested she pm me.

To think that I wanted to help her pay for the vaccine because I have some fund in the hospital. I was being careful not to appear too forward because she asked for hospital not money. I wanted to see her response first before I suggest that before person go ask who send me. I’ve learnt my lesson.

Make I come dey go. Ogologo okwu adighi n’uka mgbede. Elegam face.

Thank God that you waited for my response rather than throw away your money and Thank God you're just an ORDINARY human like me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

See as I type wrong response for ya post
Lol
Eh I be CIA na

I de read ya dayary

Sharp mama. grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 12:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Sansa143:
Unic1
folamee
Olukunle5
Tutucious
Abiagirl777
Ijeoma2728
kloness
Mzezkay
Sholai
poshestmina
fatamyfatamy
Ennywealth09
Afollyshade
peggygee
Bbglory
nneejima
Licious07
opejulie10
Toriellla

Present ma, na babyology hold me down. God bless you dear, my greetings to ur prince charming
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 2:32am On Oct 29, 2017

nneejima:

Present ma, na babyology hold me down. God bless you dear, my greetings to ur prince charming
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 2:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Pls ways finger brush? Also wn can onestrt using the paste? Cox I only use wash cloth to clean her tongue for now. I'm.I missing something?she is 7weeks Pls help

jazzyjazz:

I use this toothpaste for my son. I just put a tiny smear of the toothpaste on the finger brush, my son readily opens his mouth but he will bite me one million times before I finish.
Babies can't spit out that's why you use a very tiny bit of the paste. You brush up and down and hope he allows you do his tongue too. Lol.

Usually when I finish, I use his wash cloth and put in warm water, then I clean his cheeks and try to see if he will let me clean the tongue as well (it's usually a battle trying to clean his tongue with the brush)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 2:42am On Oct 29, 2017
Awwww...tnks moma for the mention, it makes me feel so loved, babyology like a moma called it is not easy for people like us o. Trying to keep up, just hubby n I . will benpeeping in once in a while.

Thanks moma.

Meanwhile wat magic can be done to my tummy pls,girdle and wrapper isn't helping o, how long does it take for tummy to go inside pls? Its not that big, but I feel it shud be better. I am 7weeks postpartum
Sansa143:
Unic1
folamee
Olukunle5
Tutucious
Abiagirl777
Ijeoma2728
kloness
Mzezkay
Sholai
poshestmina
fatamyfatamy
Ennywealth09
Afollyshade
peggygee
Bbglory
nneejima
Licious07
opejulie10
Toriellla
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 2:44am On Oct 29, 2017
OMG, may her soul RIP

Sansa143:
Long post alert!
It grieves my hrt to hear abt d demise of of prayer warrior!I always look forward to her prayers evry Monday back den!Iyamomoreloaded,may u rest till we meet to part no more!
Furthermore, I have taken time to write out sum monikers dat we haven't seen 4 a while(got dem 4rm my likes n mention)incase u knw any I miss mentioning,pls add up!Please if u get dis,let us knw ur fine!
Hyphee,SisiNini,Tushmom,nikkishola,finepatty,bryanarchie,divie,Mumjb,temmytee31,suzzy4God,phlakkeys,dasugar,toyosiR,customised87,missmalachi,lululuv,nicoleswizzi,omoloulan,cllassic01,Coldfeet,mamatweenz,bulunton,kemesty,nwarosa,Dunni29,kittana,Dazzle86,Dharyour1234,Titony1,Ariegurl,Suzy,Sixx,Mydeporch,forzarush,mignone,Sunbestie,Roselok,aghaibiam,Unic1,folamee,Olukunle5,Tutucious,Abiagirl777,Ijeoma2728,kloness,Mzezkay,sholai,poshestmina,fatamyfatamy,ennywealth09,Afollyshade,peggygee,Bbglory,nneejima,Licious07,opejulie n Toriella!Pls come n Ansa d register!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:15am On Oct 29, 2017
peggygee:
Pls ways finger brush? Also wn can onestrt using the paste? Cox I only use wash cloth to clean her tongue for now. I'm.I missing something?she is 7weeks Pls help

Mba!
Its too early for finger brush

Washcloth is perfect
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:43am On Oct 29, 2017
What you're doing is fine till her teeth come out

peggygee:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:12am On Oct 29, 2017
If only this option was available

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by divie: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2017
Good morning wonderful mamas.
I believe our LOs' are all doing great.
Abeg make una help me o!
My 15 weeks 4days old ds will not stay lying down. He wants to sit at all times. Yesterday I placed him inside my nursing pillow to allow me dress up, only for me to see him sitting up when I turned to check on him.
Of cos I quickly pushed him back to lie down. Make him no go get hunch back as I heard he needs to get to 5 months before I can start putting him to sit.
Pls help me with ways to keep this boy on his back....abi should I allow him to sit some times?
Cc
Zaynie,
Realdentist,
Alphahandmaiden,
Jazzyjazz,
Helovesme,
Enque
Sansa143,
All sabi mamas Abeg chook mouth for my case.
Thanks alot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toriella: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=Sansa143 post=61785090]

Present! Thanks for the mention mama. We are doing fine. Its been tasking taking care of the children and running a course. Will pop in as often as possible. May Iyaomomoreloaded soul RIP. What a painful exit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.