Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429281 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
This is for eksbabe and other mommas whose babies are refusing bottles; have you tried the feeding bottle cover like in the picture? In the hospital where I gave birth, they use bottle covers to feed formula to babies whose moms don't lactate on time. And we continued this when we got home. So my baby has actually not used the teat before and hes on both formula and expressed milk. It minimizes infection from the teat and it'll be easier to transition to sippy cups and cereal bowls when the time comes.

One still has to be careful and sterilize properly. It's painstaking but more effective than cup and spoon in my opinion. The covers are flexible and can be bent as you please particularly the avent bottle covers.

@ enque; that your suggestion bout the video @creche feeding time is so on point.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mamas in the house (especially the Yoruba mamas) there's this thing called okha ori (I hope I got it right) that's said to eat children's growth and it's located in the head. Everybody has been telling me that Adele has it and that there's an Agbo for it. Even my pastor's wife said it today. But the thing is I don't know how safe it is for my princess to drink agbo since we are exclusive. Biko Sabi mamas chok mouth for this my matter Abeg.

Cc mama zaynie
All mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
MizMyColi:

Hello Sis.
Just to add to this.

The people at Creche are most likely being truthful.
He will eat whatever they give him because he has no choice.

But with you, he has plenty choices.

My girl does not take pap from me again.
Even golden morn is just manage manage.

But you need to see her guzzling adult food. I dey fear kwanu. Honestly, she cries and throws tantrums that I should focus on Feeding her MY food.
She now wants to eat anything I eat.

So I think you should try something else, something new.
I don't think there's more to be worried about.

Happy Sundaywink

I tried o
I felt he was ready for adult foods cos Dh fed him semo and groundnut soup and he took it well. So I cooked okro for him but he no eat.
I'm thinking maybe I should give him the semo with the groundnut soup again and see

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I tried o
I felt he was ready for adult foods cos Dh fed him semo and groundnut soup and he took it well. So I cooked okro for him but he no eat.
I'm thinking maybe I should give him the semo with the groundnut soup again and see

I think the trick is this....
Feed him when u r eating, like from ur own plate.
Once my pikin see u carry plate like this, na war.

I was at mom's earlier today and I packed fried plantain for her to eat. She was still doing shakara to eat plantain, but immediately I brought my plate of rice n 'Ofe Akwu' (igbo banga soup), she almost flew off her grandma's lap to rush my food.
My mom was shocked at d speed with which she was swallowing the rice. I kukuma just mashed egg yolk n added the fried plantain to the rice make she chop every.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
enque:

I think the trick is this....
Feed him when u r eating, like from ur own plate.
Once my pikin see u carry plate like this, na war.

I was at mom's earlier today and I packed fried plantain for her to eat. She was still doing shakara to eat plantain, but immediately I brought my plate of rice n 'Ofe Akwu' (igbo banga soup), she almost flew off her grandma's lap to rush my food.
My mom was shocked at d speed with which she was swallowing the rice. I kukuma just mashed egg yolk n added the fried plantain to the rice make she chop every.

I'll try this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Please I need help

A week ago, my son stopped eating his cereals
He is playing fine, super active as usual sleeping like he should, not scratches nothing. But he won't eat

After 2 days I took him to the hospital, they checked him, and told me he is fine. Checked his weight and he's 11.5kg at 10 months. They assured me the boy is fine

Now, he won't take food from me o
Dh tried once he took maybe 3 spoons
It's been a week and he's not had any solid food
His creche nanny says he collects food willingly without issues from them (I only pack cereals for him)
But once were home the boy won't send
All he will take is breast and small formula, like 60mls

I fooled baby into for him with enough fish and crayfish, made very soft and fluffy semo the boy took a few and started playing with the soup

I try to give him bread so he can at least have something in his belly
He has lost weight. And I'm so tired

Abeg any tips?

Cc
Alphahandmaiden Mizmycoli Zaynie Beyedew Helovesme soonest Enque Hunniesuzie
Abeg make Una help me
D story of my life right now but am still trying 2 give him d foods I think he enjoys more to see if he will change. It is well mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
Zheemub:

Is it only at the tip or also around the genitals?
Please take him to the hospital.
Stop wearing diaper for now.
It's well dear.
It is just on the tip.... I have reduced his wearing of diaper but he can urinate for Africa.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Are those rashes. I think the hospital is a good place to start.

Kelizosuy zaynie's answer is perfect. She has said it finish grin
Ok,thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Naomi14:
That looks serious! Please take him to the hospital let a doc check him.
Thanks for the prompt response. I later took him to see a doctor,I was told to get an ointment,Altargo to apply on it that it is most likely bacterial infection. I died and woke up,I don't want to here bacterial anything for that area o. I am already warming up to be a grand ma.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Burntcoal:

wow congratulations......
Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
zaynie:

Yay!!!!!
So tested and trusted now.
Ginger, honey and lime juice for cough.
Personally I don't use this mix for my kids cos I'm not too sure they will accept it. I've never used it for my kids.
I use the palm oil and sugar for them

For catarrh for adult o, I use mint leaves, fresh or dried (no need to enter Spar, all these mallam that sell salad stuff sell it too, boil water, pound the leaves including the stalk and put in the hot water, allow to steep, sieve and add honey. Drink and watch the catarrh fly away, cap it with vapor rub on the bridge of your nose. kiss

Taymi

Nobody shuu comman be asking me extra questions o, how many tablespoons of honey, lime or lemon, how many should I squeeze, how many times in a day, can a one day old baby use it,can a breastfeeding mom use it, can a pregnant woman use it? angry angry angry

I actually used lemon and no line cos I feel lime is not safe in pregnancy and it worked for both the cough and catarrh.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=zaynie post=62017958]

I trowey yansh for you. Senior guest aye!
Welcome on board and no more peeping. [/quote
The guest thing dey sweet well well... but for real I'm here to stay now thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
If it's what u ar saying u shd nt handle it lightly rara I don't know if it can be treated medically but d treatment hv heard of is herbal. Make sure to cover lo hair 247 then start treatment asap
kelizosuy:
Mamas in the house (especially the Yoruba mamas) there's this thing called okha ori (I hope I got it right) that's said to eat children's growth and it's located in the head. Everybody has been telling me that Adele has it and that there's an Agbo for it. Even my pastor's wife said it today. But the thing is I don't know how safe it is for my princess to drink agbo since we are exclusive. Biko Sabi mamas chok mouth for this my matter Abeg.

Cc mama zaynie
All mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
queensnow:
Bon apetite

It's only the fish I want
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jaygrl:
It is just on the tip.... I have reduced his wearing of diaper but he can urinate for Africa.
Eku itoju.
Hope you have taken him to the hospital?
Please do so that appropriate medication can be given.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
zaynie:

Yay!!!!!
So tested and trusted now.
Ginger, honey and lime juice for cough.
Personally I don't use this mix for my kids cos I'm not too sure they will accept it. I've never used it for my kids.
I use the palm oil and sugar for them

For catarrh for adult o, I use mint leaves, fresh or dried (no need to enter Spar, all these mallam that sell salad stuff sell it too, boil water, pound the leaves including the stalk and put in the hot water, allow to steep, sieve and add honey. Drink and watch the catarrh fly away, cap it with vapor rub on the bridge of your nose. kiss

Taymi

Nobody shuu comman be asking me extra questions o, how many tablespoons of honey, lime or lemon, how many should I squeeze, how many times in a day, can a one day old baby use it,can a breastfeeding mom use it, can a pregnant woman use it? angry angry angry

eerrrm...can it be used as contraceptive and how often? weekly/monthly/yearly, tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
OK ma..
I just went to one of the ladies now and she said tomorrow by 10am we will go to the market to buy it
queensnow:
If it's what u ar saying u shd nt handle it lightly rara I don't know if it can be treated medically but d treatment hv heard of is herbal. Make sure to cover lo hair 247 then start treatment asap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
Comman take wink
dunasy:

It's only the fish I want
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
Good don't worry it will heal asap. Always give Adele water
kelizosuy:
OK ma..
I just went to one of the ladies now and she said tomorrow by 10am we will go to the market to buy it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
mydeporch:

When do you intend to place ur order, i spoke wt kidco on whatsapp....maybe we can talk on whatsapp
zero nine zero 64584607

Better, easier to share transportation cost and maybe exchange books later after each kids has gone through theirs... Lol... Such idea still owes its emergence to Onagy (were is she now?)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
That means no more ebf oh
Or can we continue after the treatment?
queensnow:
Good don't worry it will heal asap. Always give Adele water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I'll try this

Lol try it
Let the kid watch u eat
Animate your mouth and make em salivate
Can't help laughing
Kids must be kids
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
goodfortun:
This is for eksbabe and other mommas whose babies are refusing bottles; have you tried the feeding bottle cover like in the picture? In the hospital where I gave birth, they use bottle covers to feed formula to babies whose moms don't lactate on time. And we continued this when we got home. So my baby has actually not used the teat before and hes on both formula and expressed milk. It minimizes infection from the teat and it'll be easier to transition to sippy cups and cereal bowls when the time comes.

One still has to be careful and sterilize properly. It's painstaking but more effective than cup and spoon in my opinion. The covers are flexible and can be bent as you please particularly the avent bottle covers
Hmmm, will try this again. Thank you. What happened the other day tho? Didnt get ur message again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
kelizosuy:

Dunno about it o, why not go to the hospital for a check.
Ebf means no water at all, except breastmilk and medications(when needed)

Kisses to our Ekiti princess kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Oh.. OK.

Thanks.. Let me also wait for mama queensnow reply
temmy2103:

Dunno about it o, why not go to the hospital for a check.
Ebf means no water at all, except breastmilk and medications(when needed)

Kisses to our Ekiti princess kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
hello mums, I want to start giving my lo pap, pls what type of milk can I add to it. she is 5months old.
secondly, how do I go about changing of name?
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
OmoLayo29:
hello mums, I want to start giving my lo pap, pls what type of milk can I add to it. she is 5months old.
secondly, how do I go about changing of name?
thanks

You can use normal 0-6months milk since she's still 5months.

Is the change of name for you? You can swear affidavit for change of name in the court or your LG council if they do it or newspaper change of name. But they request for either an affidavit or marriage cert for the newspaper change of name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Kelizosuy do not give your baby agbo to drink. Anybody saying your baby has oka should describe what oka is. Lie her on her back and look at her fontanelle (space in front of her head) if it is not visibly sunken (like it's collapsed) then she's fine, if she is feeding well, peeing and pooing well then she's fine. If in doubt get a proper medical practitioner to check her please

AGBO IS NOT SAFE FOR BABIES AT ALL. Don't start what you cannot finish

A word is enough for the wise

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
FloraEC:

You can use normal 0-6months milk since she's still 5months.

Is the change of name for you? You can swear affidavit for change of name in the court or your LG council if they do it or newspaper change of name. But they request for either an affidavit or marriage cert for the newspaper change of name.
yes, it is the newspaper change of name I want
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
kelizosuy:
You can still continue EBF.
Just be really sure it's the Oka ori and not the soft frontalle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MissIndependent(f): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
kelizosuy:
Oh.. OK.

Thanks.. Let me also wait for mama queensnow reply
Hello...don't follow any stranger to the market to buy agbo please be careful what you give to your baby to drink. She is too young for all that. Can you yourself drink Agbo? Talkless of a little baby it will be better you take her to the hospital for proper examination. Thank you sad

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigsholly(f): 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
@kelizosuy pls and pls under no circumstance should you give your baby agbo to drink she is still young for it. I'm not saying agbo is bad I use it as well but I can't encourage you to give a tender baby agbo, You can use it to bath her or better still they should give you to use and she can suck it from your breast. Beside the one I know they use for oka ori is one black something like that that you put on her frontalnel(hope I get the spelling right).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.