Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,404 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402130 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
OmoLayo29:

yes, it is the newspaper change of name I want

They'll request for either marriage cert and id card or affidavit. I used affidavit and id for mine cos my marriage cert wasn't with me then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
Oka ori causes loss of appetite and hydrationm
I think u shd be able to continue ebf since giving water is part of medication
kelizosuy:
That means no more ebf oh
Or can we continue after the treatment?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
Oh.. OK
Her fontanelle is closed oh.. And she eats,pee and poop well.
Will just chill out.
Thanks
hunniesuzie:
Kelizosuy do not give your baby agbo to drink. Anybody saying your baby has oka should describe what oka is. Lie her on her back and look at her fontanelle (space in front of her head) if it is not visibly sunken (like it's collapsed) then she's fine, if she is feeding well, peeing and pooing well then she's fine. If in doubt get a proper medical practitioner to check her please

AGBO IS NOT SAFE FOR BABIES AT ALL. Don't start what you cannot finish

A word is enough for the wise
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
But she eats alot oh
queensnow:
Oka ori causes loss of appetite and hydration
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Kelizosuy do not give your baby agbo to drink. Anybody saying your baby has oka should describe what oka is. Lie her on her back and look at her fontanelle (space in front of her head) if it is not visibly sunken (like it's collapsed) then she's fine, if she is feeding well, peeing and pooing well then she's fine. If in doubt get a proper medical practitioner to check her please

AGBO IS NOT SAFE FOR BABIES AT ALL. Don't start what you cannot finish

A word is enough for the wise

Oka ori exists. A friend's baby had it.
Visible veins on the head.
The baby didn't add weight despite exclusive breastfed.
The nurses complained about the baby's weight which kept dropping until it was discovered that it was oka ori.
Herbal treatment was given and the baby gained weight and started glowing.

Everybody to his own decision.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
Since she eats a lot then it's mis diagnose grin keep calm ur baby is fine. If anyone mention ok... before d person land just tell em say no it not and make sure to cover Adele head with light cap.
kelizosuy:
But she eats alot oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2017
Biko leave the babe alone then grin

kelizosuy:
Oh.. OK
Will just chill out.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lol..
Ok
hunniesuzie:
Biko leave the babe alone then grin

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lol... OK ma'am
queensnow:
Since she eats a lot then it's mis diagnose grin keep calm ur baby is fine. If anyone mention ok... before d person land just tell em say no it not and make sure to cover Adele head with light cap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jaygrl:
Thanks for the prompt response. I later took him to see a doctor,I was told to get an ointment,Altargo to apply on it that it is most likely bacterial infection. I died and woke up,I don't want to here bacterial anything for that area o . I am already warming up to be a grand ma .

Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
myrygurl:
Hi maamas it been a while, how are u and urs?

please make una halla help safe me before my mumci will force feed my lo pap...i traveled to pay her visit so she notice she doesn't suck often and she was like she has to open her stomach by force feeding with pap so she can eat frequently... I have been using the excuse that she ain't up to 6month yet meanwhile she's 6months 2weeks...I actually observed that her appetite has reduced drastically... she only demand for bre5t like once in 2 to 3 hours unlike b4 where she takes like 2wice in 2hours...sometimes if she stays up to 3hrs and hasn't demanded I will pick her and pin her to the boobs but I only end up been bitten with toothless gums...in fact I envy all those maamas that their los came with eating anointing... I think mine came with playing anointing, she can play on behalf of Africa...

I only started giving her water which she takes very well...she isn't sick in any way, sleeps and plays as usual... its just this eating that is giving me cause to worry...

pls any suggestion on how to boost her appetite is highly welcomed... thankx

First of all, as babies grow they become more efficient at sucking and the feeding interval should be longer as they suck more per feed at 6 months than at 2 months. Plus they have larger stomachs. So they can go longer between feed.

You better take her cue and dont always plug her mouth everytime, by the time she starts using your breast to do pacifyer you will start complaining.

I do not think her stomach needs any opening or expanding, people are born with different apetites. Start offering her other foods apart from milk, pap is only one option of weaning foods.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
Try to sing for him while feeding sing sing and sing
eksbabe:
I wish he would even take spoon and cup. But no, he would be crying and throw up. Thank you all the same, i’ll keep trying.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2017
ahnie:
add to lo's water everyday...dont boil n keep.
thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
queensnow:
Try to sing for him while feeding sing sing and sing
That singing one does not move him. I use this my angelic voice to sing for him all the time, the boy go still dey cry. I will drop him at MIL’s tomorrow and go to work hoping that he takes it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
kelizosuy:
Oh.. OK
Will just chill out.
Thanks

Pictorial post alert

The best way to prevent a sunken fontanel is to prevent the most common cause of it, which is dehydration. Some tips to prevent dehydration include giving your child adequate amounts of fluids and seeking medical help if you have a sick baby who you believe is in danger of becoming dehydrated. You should also increase the amount of fluids given as soon as your baby vomits or has diarrhoea ( if this happens at all)

In humans, the sequence of fontanelle closure is as follows:

The posterior fontanelle generally closes 2 to 3 months after birth;( around the back...say almost 'ogo in Yoruba')
The sphenoidal fontanelle is the next to close around 6 months after birth;( close to the ears)
The mastoid fontanelle closes next from 6 to 18 months after birth; and( close to the neck area)
The anterior fontanelle is generally the last to close between 18–24 months.

If still unsure, check with your paediatrician to be absolutely safe.

cc:beautifulrosa

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
Oh ok
This really helped
Thanks alot
dunasy:

Pictorial post alert

The best way to prevent a sunken fontanel is to prevent the most common cause of it, which is dehydration. Some tips to prevent dehydration include giving your child adequate amounts of fluids and seeking medical help if you have a sick baby who you believe is in danger of becoming dehydrated. You should also increase the amount of fluids given as soon as your baby vomits or has diarrhoea ( if this happens at all)

In humans, the sequence of fontanelle closure is as follows:

The posterior fontanelle generally closes 2 to 3 months after birth;( around the back...say almost 'ogo in Yoruba')
The sphenoidal fontanelle is the next to close around 6 months after birth;( close to the ears)
The mastoid fontanelle closes next from 6 to 18 months after birth; and( close to the neck area)
The anterior fontanelle is generally the last to close between 18–24 months.

If still unsure, check with your paediatrician to be absolutely safe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
@dunasy ur explanation is really helpful... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Please mamas my dd is having red rashes on her vagina, initially I think was just 1 rash and now it has extended to the whole vagina, please what can i use because my mind is only telling me skineal..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amypearl: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:
afternoon mama. pls help I'm tired. my sons head is hot. head only. he keeps smacking his gums and butting my tips when I feed him. have been giving ibrouphen but d head will cool small and become hot again. I have cough now and he has gotten it. I'm so tired of all these going to hospital and back. he finished dose of augumentin last two weeks. I can't recall going through all these stress with my dd. secondly someone said my son has oka.he has a big vein crossing over his head. pls opinion.
cc jazzyjazz alphandmaiden chychy4us zaynie Ahnie helovesme ,feddy27,etc etc

Hello, how old is he? is he active despite the hot head? the only time i observed my son's forehead was hot was when he was teething and he was very active, which i heard its normal. Despite the hot forehead, his temp was also very normal. If u have given ibuprofen and he's still down, perhaps u shuld go back to d hospital. I also feel drugs like ibuprofen shuld nt be given to a child except the body temp is really high.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:
afternoon mama. pls help I'm tired. my sons head is hot. head only. he keeps smacking his gums and butting my tips when I feed him. have been giving ibrouphen but d head will cool small and become hot again. I have cough now and he has gotten it. I'm so tired of all these going to hospital and back. he finished dose of augumentin last two weeks. I can't recall going through all these stress with my dd. secondly someone said my son has oka.he has a big vein crossing over his head etc

Have you tried washing him down with a wet towel?
How old is he again?
I don't believe in oka o, someone showed it on our new baby and I was just looking and said I don't see anything, they showed me what really big vein but I just thought it looks normal o. 2 days later it disappeared.
So I'll say feed him very well.
But the head that is hot...... Hmmmmmmmm. Don't know what to say. Just place a wet towel on his head.
The cough, I'm not sure too since I don't know how old he is but if he's like 2-3m,then you could try the Palmoil and sugar combo.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Chai! enque you dey try. All those process of shedding weight for your diary. I want to be like you o! But laziness and procrastination na the problem. Maybe I will start after weaning Lo. Abeg no remove them for your diary make i see do too. Cos my weight no wan come down to 55kg. As for the milk, LMAO! I will try to lick my own instead grin thanchu cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
He's fine. No need to the hospital. BM is the perfect meal so nothing much to excrete

Jazzyjazz enque's suggestion is perfect. The food my baby finishes in crèche he uses me to make Shakara at home. Check that then you can plan action

Benignasweety so far the formula is on the shelf, with NAFDAC number and not expired, it has what baby needs. It's all the extra stuff plus cost of importation for imported formula that drives up the price

Zaynie how is our baby?
Alryt dear, Tnk for ur response. Will settle for Lactogen then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
Naomi14:
It's what you can afford and if he will accept it. Why not start from low to high to see which he will take well. There are kids who took lactogen and doing excellently. Just feed him right that's all.
My Zizi doesn't look like a picky eater sha, we spoil our EBF wella today, he ate one full potato alone. See d way he was rushing it sef, I kuku give am water to drink... Tomorrow we continue EBF till 28th of this month grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
@kelizosuy, Adele does not have 'oka'. She is doing fine. Only dehydration cause a depressed or sunken fontannel.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Zheemub:

Eku itoju.
Hope you have taken him to the hospital?
Please do so that appropriate medication can be given.
Ese ma.... We have commenced treatment.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
If she's over 6 months why don't you want her to take pap? Have you tried other foods?

I actually want to start giving her pap... am in the process of making tombrown...I just wanted to delay it abit to see if her appetite can increase...thanks will just go ahead and introduce her to it....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

First of all, as babies grow they become more efficient at sucking and the feeding interval should be longer as they suck more per feed at 6 months than at 2 months. Plus they have larger stomachs. So they can go longer between feed.

You better take her cue and dont always plug her mouth everytime, by the time she starts using your breast to do pacifyer you will start complaining.

I do not think her stomach needs any opening or expanding, people are born with different apetites. Start offering her other foods apart from milk, pap is only one option of weaning foods.

Thanks to you...Now i know.
Mind at rest now.
lol at the bolded
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
katchycouture:
Please mamas my dd is having red rashes on her vagina, initially I think was just 1 rash and now it has extended to the whole vagina, please what can i use because my mind is only telling me skineal..

Are you sure its not diaper rash? am suspecting it to be that cos my dd once had it...
fake molfix is the prime suspect...

me I use this cacatin ...it worked wonders for us...and its very cheap 1hundred naira pere..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:18am On Nov 06, 2017
Naomi14:
Chai! enque you dey try. All those process of shedding weight for your diary. I want to be like you o! But laziness and procrastination na the problem. Maybe I will start after weaning Lo. Abeg no remove them for your diary make i see do too. Cos my weight no wan come down to 55kg. As for the milk, LMAO! I will try to lick my own instead grin thanchu cheesy

Lol...
Nne, Eez d work Dt we r dooying o grin grin
No wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 4:33am On Nov 06, 2017
OK MA
Thanks ma'am
completey:
@kelizosuy, Adele does not have 'oka'. She is doing fine. Only dehydration cause a depressed or sunken fontannel.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 5:27am On Nov 06, 2017
myrygurl:

Are you sure its not diaper rash? am suspecting it to be that cos my dd once had it...
fake molfix is the prime suspect...

me I use this cacatin ...it worked wonders for us...and its very cheap 1hundred naira pere..

OMG fake Molfix?? I've aactually been blaming pampers oooo..is there a way to identify this fake Molfix? ? Thanks I will get the cacatin...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:55am On Nov 06, 2017
katchycouture:

If it's diaper rash, then use baby tribotan abeg. No go use something where go spoil the pikin bum bum

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.