Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429831 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Ewo. Did you spell my handle right? It should still work nah. Nne I dey oh, guess you've been busy. How is madam GB?

Shes good, was busy but we are on holiday now cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
You can't believe the apartment I have been waiting for the past 5month end up to be a scam,went der this evening met a lot of people in d compound fighting with the developer for key cos he collected money from more than one person for an apartment.
Now he is in the police custody,I already looked for another apartment
When I was thinking I will soon be free,now this.

Now I know my village people are really after me,I don't even know what to do biko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
its been a terrible week for me. my baby has been coughing for almost one month and we went to the hospital last thursday
come see tests, malaria, wbc, HIV, TB. me and hubby were even asked to do the HIV and TB as well. it has been a tortuous week and thank God it ended today as all the results came back non reactive and diagnosed as a bad cough.

babies aren't easy. they can't express what they are feeling and you keep guessing as, o their source of discomfort.

zaynie ejoo about that milk, any development. thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
Burntcoal:
hello everyone, good evening, hope d day wasn't has stressful as mine.... well u knw it's d festive periods and for we fashion designers.... we r in rush hour.

on Saturday morning I noticed i started having very dark bloody discharge till today...like d ones u have on d 4th day of ur menstration, not heavy. my D's is 5months CS and we r on ebf. pls any ideas on wat could b wrong.
it could be AF, my flow was so light the month it came and it has not been heavy as it used to be before delivery till date. I'm so so liking it. I pray it won't change
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
oamronnie:
Frozen milk can last up to 72hours. Just make sure you thaw the right way. See attached screenshots.

Thanks, I got enough information from the screenshots

Thanks @keeki and @Moaba
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2017
Don't indulge any negative emotion. It is quite easy to feed it with all sorts especially if you have the ability to easily create imaginary characters in your head. STOP that movie production in your head before it consumes your energy and saps you of joy.

There's no circumstance/temptation that comes to man that cannot be overcome.it's only a matter of time provided you allow yourself to take the right decisions per time.

Don't allow depression/hurt/resentment/bitterness/sadness/guilt to get hold of you. Just take one day at a time with a conscious intent of being joyful no matter what. keep your sanity for everything you hold dear. Get back to loving YOU despite everything that has happened.

Please seek professional help if you find it difficult to handle this alone. I'm quite sure there will be some kind of therapy that will help you through this.

I pray for the holy spirit to comfort you, give you strength and bring you to your place of enlargement. If God be for you, no one can be against you except YOU.

cheer up sis.

cc:Kelizosuy

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:59am On Dec 21, 2017
Lagos people, 

This is up for grabs

See link below on how to enter to win this free christmas bauble cake. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1507119369324500&id=479891665380614

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:22am On Dec 21, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I don't even have intentions of paying her anything but finally paid her 4k after the whole saloon joins in begging. Smh

And she collected it? She's a mean person mcheeewww

Sorry about the wig and hope it can be salvaged
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 2:58am On Dec 21, 2017
Taymi:
Good evening mamas. We had our 14weeks immunization yesterday & my DS has been purging since then, is this a side effect or coincidental.
Thanks
Sorry about that ma'm. Did he take the rota vaccine? If he did, that might be a reaction from it. If he did not, i dont think the others can cause baby to purge.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nutigal: 5:32am On Dec 21, 2017
These storms will not last long dear. You are a strong woman and one day, you'll look back and laugh at all that's happening now. Don't give up and don't be depressed. You are beautiful inside out and you are desired by someone out there.

Be strong.

cc:Kelizosuy

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 21, 2017
Dear Kelizosuy , you're very pretty, intelligent and hardworking
Hold in there Sis , it's just a matter of time and you'll smile again and besides I love you, who wouldn't huh?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Mahoti:
You can't believe the apartment I have been waiting for the past 5month end up to be a scam,went der this evening met a lot of people in d compound fighting with the developer for key cos he collected money from more than one person for an apartment.
Now he is in the police custody,I already looked for another apartment
When I was thinking I will soon be free,now this.

Now I know my village people are really after me,I don't even know what to do biko
eyah pele, have you found another apartment now? I hope this one doesn't come with another long wait
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gechyy2(f): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2017
Do you feel depressed even though you just had a baby? please read this... You may have postpartum depression.
http://www.womanlycare.com/how-to-deal-with-baby-blues-or-postpartum-depression-after-a-c-section/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2017
Good morning precious mothers, plz did any mother feeding thrir baby tom brown notice any change in babies poo? I introduced it to ds last weekend at 5 momths and his poo is totally different, comes out as dark as d tom brown colour and kind of hard (I give plenty water) but still hard, he also poos twice a day unlike d previous once in 4/5 days. Please o no waka pass o so as to know if am not getting things right.

Cc spiceeamiee babythug
Zaynie
Sansa 143
Enque
Giddyperson suremum
Hunniesuzie
And all mothers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2017
I don't give Tom Brown so I don't know, however solid foods change the consistency of baby's poo. So far it's not loose like diarrhoea and he's not constipated he's fine

Damisinto:
Good morning precious mothers, plz did any mother feeding thrir baby tom brown notice any change in babies poo? I introduced it to ds last weekend at 5 momths and his poo is totally different, comes out as dark as d tom brown colour and kind of hard (I give plenty water) but still hard, he also poos twice a day unlike d previous once in 4/5 days. Please o no waka pass o so as to know if am not getting things right.

Cc spiceea.miee babyth.ug
Zay.nie
Sa.nsa 143
En.que
Giddype.rson sure.mum
Hunni.esuzie
And all mothers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2017
Damisinto:

Cc spiceeamiee babythug
Zaynie
Sansa 143
Enque
Giddyperson suremum
Hunniesuzie
And all mothers
We've never taken Tombrown but my baby's poop got much darker when we started taking the brown pap and it goes back light on weekends when we don't take any pap, so I don't think the color is anything to worry about. About the hard poo, hope you don't give him Tom brown more than once a day, keep giving a lot of water and is he straining to poop cuz it might not be hard at all, maybe what you are seeing is just a thicker version of breastmilk poop, which is still ok. with solids expect him to poop twice or thrice a day now cuz there's a lot of the food the body won't use unlike breastmilk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 9:56am On Dec 21, 2017
Oh! Never knew am not meant to ggive more than once, he takes gerber supported sitter in d morning and tom brownSsSS till I come from work to give breast. Thanks I ll try to do varieties

uote author=Giddyperson post=63478020]We've never taken Tombrown but my baby's poop got much darker when we started taking the brown pap and it goes back light on weekends when we don't take any pap, so I don't think the color is anything to worry about. About the hard poo, hope you don't give him Tom brown more than once a day, keep giving a lot of water and is he straining to poop cuz it might not be hard at all, maybe what you are seeing is just a thicker version of breastmilk poop, which is still ok. with solids expect him to poop twice or thrice a day now cuz there's a lot of the food the body won't use unlike breastmilk.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2017
hunniesuzie:
I don't give Tom Brown so I don't know, however solid foods change the consistency of baby's poo. So far it's not loose like diarrhoea and he's not constipated he's fine

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:13am On Dec 21, 2017
queenhecate:
its been a terrible week for me. my baby has been coughing for almost one month and we went to the hospital last thursday
come see tests, malaria, wbc, HIV, TB. me and hubby were even asked to do the HIV and TB as well. it has been a tortuous week and thank God it ended today as all the results came back non reactive and diagnosed as a bad cough.

babies aren't easy. they can't express what they are feeling and you keep guessing as, o their source of discomfort.

zaynie ejoo about that milk, any development. thanks

Its in Lagos and I'm picking it today
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Monwojuoluwa(f): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2017
beyedew:

No, you don't need to get a new card, your lo's card is ok. Safe journey kiss.
thank you ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
eyah pele, have you found another apartment now? I hope this one doesn't come with another long wait
Looking for another apartment oooh cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
Damisinto:
Oh! Never knew am not meant to ggive more than once, he takes gerber supported sitter in d morning and tom brownSsSS till I come from work to give breast. Thanks I ll try to do varieties

Since it's affecting his poop then it's advisable to reduce the frequency. Does he not take formular? If he accepts milk from bottles then try to replace some of his meals with formular. You can try blended sweet potatoes sometimes, it has a lot of fiber and makes pooping easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mahoti:

Looking for another apartment oooh cry
Ndo you'll find a better one

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
Whyterose:
Good morning buriful mamas. Pls I need advice on my dd of 11mnths old. Found out I was pregnant agn wen she was abt 7mnths old. She's been doing fyn until about a month back. She's been throwing up continuously n running temp.off n on. Taken her to hospital n she's been treated for malaria n av been given antibiotics. Bt still no much changes. People arnd r saying that d baby I am expecting is affecting her. Insisting I separate from dd for a while. I can't even find sleep as I intend to take her to my elder sister house today, bt don't know how to handle being separated from my dd for a couple of days. Or Shd i still visit d hospital agn. She's has taken abt 10 injections so far as she couldnt kip any oral drug down due to constant throwing up. Pls help a troubled mind out.
Having to bathe with her, won't hurt if you give it a try..

I heard if water from your tummy is touching her during bathe time it helps to relief of pregnancy induced sickness.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CheeryChy(f): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Knock... Knock... Knock!
Good afternoon mamas in the house. This is CheeryChy from pregnancy thread. Happy to join you here with my baby boy TJ.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
Yes I ll reduce it and try sweet potatoes and other things, as for formular NO NO, he doesn't like it at all, ve tried various brands still d same, infact my fear is he isn't taking d daily milk requirements but......., I had to hurriedly introduce gerber from 4 months and pap 4 months and teo weeks and then tom brown at 5 months cos he lost weight greatly just within a month of resuming work as his caregiver says he refuses his milk if not I would have done just BM plus formular till 6 monthd before introducing anything. He likes pap and tom brown a lot if he doesn't taste d milk in it. Thanks I appreciate I ll reduce d frequency and thickness

Giddyperson:
Since it's affecting his poop then it's advisable to reduce the frequency. Does he not take formular? If he accepts milk from bottles then try to replace some of his meals with formular. You can try blended sweet potatoes sometimes, it has a lot of fiber and makes pooping easy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
You are welicome!
CheeryChy:
Knock... Knock... Knock!
Good afternoon mamas in the house. This is CheeryChy from pregnancy thread. Happy to join you here with my baby boy TJ.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
Damisinto:
Yes I ll reduce it and try sweet potatoes and other things, as for formular NO NO, he doesn't like it at all, ve tried various brands still d same, infact my fear is he isn't taking d daily milk requirements but......., I had to hurriedly introduce gerber from 4 months and pap 4 months and teo weeks and then tom brown at 5 months cos he lost weight greatly just within a month of resuming work as his caregiver says he refuses his milk if not I would have done just BM plus formular till 6 monthd before introducing anything. He likes pap and tom brown a lot if he doesn't taste d milk in it. Thanks I appreciate I ll reduce d frequency and thickness

If you're giving your baby Tom brown then it's normal that his poop comes out looking like Tom brown.
Once you start feeding baby solids, their poop must change

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CheeryChy(f): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
Naomi14:
You are welicome!

Tanchu!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kodylicky(f): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dear Mums,

Pls which vaccinations do babies take at 9months.... also when do they take chicken pox vaccine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
kodylicky:
Dear Mums,

Pls which vaccinations do babies take at 9months.... also when do they take chicken pox vaccine

I copied this from this forum

3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hello mamas my princess has rash all over her body except on her bum,I've used cacatin but it didn't clear it all...please what else should I use?..

I've been having severe headache and PCM isn't working it for me, can I take diclofenac? Will it affect my princess?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.