Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410693 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
angeltolly:

I have been trying to ask this, you people that did this as early as 4 weeks . How do you get the baby to belch since they can't do that on their own while lying down at that age and mama will be sleeping the whole time.

Me I even started from the hospital (please it is not advisable)... I did it for my first son so I hadon't enough experience to do it with my dd and I'm not so busty so my breast won't reach his nose...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
dapotemi:

Morning All,

Please i need some clarification. I'm a new dad and my girl is 6 month plus two week. My wife did EBF for 5 month, She stopped at 5 month because she will resume work by 6 month so we decided to introduce baby food by end of 5 month, this was done because we have a plan to start dropping her somewhere from morning till evening; we do not wants her to cry too much for breastmilk. Since then, it's serious struggle, we bought cerelac, friso, heinz, aptamil, nan 1& 2, sma,nutriben, all this august secret stuff etc. She will take very few the first day and the next day she will reject it outrightly and i will be advice to get another brand. That was how we end up with all those brand. Meal time is always crying/struggling time.
I told my mum and she said we should bring her to her house, so my wife relocated to my mum's place; three days after, i went to visit to know how shes doing and i saw my baby taking amala and ewedu/pepper, smiling and even shaking her head to the background music. She was just happy. Later mumsy made moin moin for the house and DD took her own part, eating with joy, i also observed mumsy gives her rice (jollof,white, friedrice) and she did not reject any of it. She eat whatever the whole family is eating; except eba/garri. Her favourite is ewedu soup with fish, rice, moinmoin, beans and pap. Wifey also breastfeed maybe once or twice a day. She hardly cry during meal time. She was 6.7kg when we took her there, she's now 8.4 now (just within a month with mumsy). 4.0 at birth.
The truth is, am happy but worried somehow. Please with all this adult food shes taking, any cause for concern?
Daddy, u should be grateful that Little Sis is eating adult food wella, my boy started eating adult food from 6 months and to be sincere, I really enjoyed it cos it was a relief for the family. Ask mama wetin she give u during ur time and did any affect you? its new generation mothers that fear thinking such foods are not good at that age. Allow her to enjoy herself with grandma abeg, nothing do her. She should just reduce the condiments in the food she will be given her. little sis, enjoy ur food biko.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
adebabs21:
Good day lovely mothers
Pls my kids have knocked knees
What could be the cause?
Dunno wat to do...o ti sumi
It will be corrected before 8 years, its normal for some kids around 2-3 years. Just be giving them vit D. search google to read more,

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
Liftedhands:
If its hereditary nothing you can do... If not just leave it and with time it will correct itself.
exactly.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
sassyangel1:

Kikikikiki..... Laffing in 30 billion naira style. U jst dey start. Sha try n hide the chords Abi electrical wire. I don't wnt 2 tell u Hw my daughter has turned my iPhone to Nokia phone. I'm terribly thinking wer I'll fling my kids as they'll soon be on a long one week midterm. Hmmmm(sighs)... Ayam not crying o, it's d onions dt I'm peeling dts crying.

Lolzz at 30billion naira style. Seriously I wish my family house is in Lagos. We just left bank now, babe was busy hugging and playing with almost everybody in the bank. One of the customer service lady gave her 1k and mummy used it to buy food and meatpie + coke cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
HolySteph:
Good morning mamas. Is it adviceable to breastfeed while lying down? I do it mostly at nights for my 5weeks old baby. I feel its quite easier for the baby and myself cus I can be asleep while baby is sucking. Pls is it a good one? Am a New mom.

No is not advisable. I started doing that at 8months to avoid choking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
HolySteph:
Good morning mamas. Is it adviceable to breastfeed while lying down? I do it mostly at nights for my 5weeks old baby. I feel its quite easier for the baby and myself cus I can be asleep while baby is sucking. Pls is it a good one? Am a New mom.
Size of breast matter,the bigger,more dangerous

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=dapotemi post=65085194]
Morning All,

Please i need some clarification. I'm a new dad and my girl is 6 month plus two week. My wife did EBF for 5 month, She stopped at 5 month because she will resume work by 6 month so we decided to introduce baby food by
Some babies are like that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
Then you will come tomorrow and rant here. Did you share the 1k with the people that consoled you? No

Tueh tongue tongue tongue

FloraEC:

Lolzz at 30billion naira style. Seriously I wish my family house is in Lagos. We just left bank now, babe was busy hugging and playing with almost everybody in the bank. One of the customer service lady gave her 1k and mummy used it to buy food and meatpie + coke cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
suremum:
Mamas please how do you make a child who was breastfed exclusively to start eating? My 6 months old don dey plan for me now. Once he sees me bringing his plate na to close mouth so tey no body can open it. I am tired of forcing him as he keeps crying and crying. Please help a worried mum.
y not bottle feed him first, semi solid food like pap, cereals etc instead of Spoon feed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Me I started doing it from I think 8 weeks sha. And my boobs aren't too big

If your mind carry am, carry go

HolySteph:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
FloraEC:

At least now you have earned some consolation prize tongue ....Don't worry,she will outgrow it and then move to another level of disturbance grin Enjoy the motherhood

@Grandma, ifyalways if you still have the tom brown to give away.....i'm available grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Then you will come tomorrow and rant here. Did you share the 1k with the people that consoled you? No

Tueh tongue tongue tongue

You didn't tell me na that you want, cheerful giver like me grin , the jollof rice self didn't belleful me.

imurboss:

At least now you have earned some consolation prize tongue ....Don't worry,she will outgrow it and then move to another level of disturbance grin Enjoy the motherhood

Thanks dear, I know it'll soon pass just that I need rest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
UmmTwins2:
Madam Comtem2011 'morning ma. I see u grin talk to me jor undecided abi issa fight ni? grin ur old number is still off. Hope everything is alright
Check ur mail sis.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
HolySteph due to the nature of my surgical wound when I delivered it was my doctor that told me to nurse while lying down, it was a life saver for us cos I couldn't sit up at the time.

The thing is I had a nurse or relative with me all the time just in case I doze off they will adjust baby's nose for me.

The risk is suffocation nothing else! Don't try it if you are a heavy sleeper or roll about when asleep .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
FloraEC ndo o! I no wan imagine am cry the very reason potty training scares me is that shit washing oh God cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
imurboss:

@Grandma, ifyalways if you still have the tom brown to give away.....i'm available grin
Yes, I do. Please email me with subject tombrown. Ifyalways at gmail dot com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flodel(f): 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
@ floraEC i be tink say na only me waka come ooo, ds is just a year old whenever i put him on potty d guy go just use speed stand up run commot like person wey masquerade dey pursue, at times I'll hold him down for where he no go gree, d potty na chair own oooo still he won't use it. since about 7 months old he bend down to poo like an adult, if he wants to poop comes down from the bed and bend down, these days he doesn't like to poop in his diaper the moment you remove his diaper that is when he will poop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
dapotemi:

Morning All,

Please i need some clarification. I'm a new dad and my girl is 6 month plus two week. My wife did EBF for 5 month, She stopped at 5 month because she will resume work by 6 month,Since then, it's serious struggle, we bought cerelac, friso, heinz, aptamil, nan 1& 2, sma,nutriben, all this august secret stuff etc. She will take very few the first day and the next day she will reject it outrightly Meal time is always crying/struggling time.
i went to visit to know how shes doing and i saw my baby taking amala and ewedu/pepper, smiling and even shaking her head to the background music. She was just happy. Later mumsy made moin moin for the house and DD took her own part, eating with joy, i also observed mumsy gives her rice (jollof,white, friedrice) and she did not reject any of it. She eat whatever the whole family is eating; except eba/garri. Her favourite is ewedu soup with fish, rice, moinmoin, beans and pap. Wifey also breastfeed maybe once or twice a day. She hardly cry during meal time. She was 6.7kg when we took her there, she's now 8.4 now (just within a month with mumsy). 4.0 at birth.
The truth is, am happy but worried somehow. Please with all this adult food shes taking, any cause for concern?
Daddy count ur family blessed, my son just started eating small adult food @14month after 6month ebf, so d struggle was real. To add 1kg seems like a mission impossible, kept wasting Moni seeing pediatrician without solution, kept buying different baby food, tried adult food no change.d situation really drain us mentally emotionally. Trust mi we tried EVERYTHING but as God will have it DS fell heal @14month and miraculously wen we came back from d hospital he started eating at least cereals, pap and some selected adult food without struggle or cry cry.
So Bro trust mi u don’t want to have it d other way, keep THANKING GOD and let d big princess enjoy herself. grandma can add plenty Titus fish to her ewedu

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
Liftedhands:
FloraEC ndo o! I no wan imagine am cry the very reason potty training scares me is that shit washing oh God cry cry

I washed bedspread yesterday, just soaked another one today. She should stop doing onyeoma Emeka for me by covering the poop, sometimes I sniff like a dog to find the remaining hidden poop cos na Pam Pam(no dy poop one place) she dy do angry Cleaning it up is another work cos I don't use mop but on twos using rag clothes that can easily be washed or thrown away, after everything my waist will be paining me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Flodel:
@ flo i be tink say na only me waka come ooo, ds is just a year old whenever i put him on potty d guy go just use speed stand up run commot like person wey masquerade dey pursue, at times I'll hold him down for where he no go gree, d potty na chair own oooo still he won't use it. since about 7 months old he bend down to poo like an adult, if he wants to poop comes down from the bed and bend down, these days he doesn't like to poop in his diaper the moment you remove his diaper that is when he will poop.

But she'll urinate inside the diaper or the potty, even remove her pant and poop on the floor.

Dear mummy, if I did the same to you biko forgive me. I'm on my knees.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
FloraEC:
Please allow me to rant cos my dd is driving me nuts angry
I've tried everything possible to potty train her but she refused. She won't poop inside the potty but instead she'll go to a hidden corner of the house and do her business,later she'll use bedspread or clothes and cover it or she'll use it to paint the floor and wardrobe/wall for me. angry assuming she does it inside her diaper, I'll manage but she'll remove the diaper, fling it away and do her business. I'm tired of cleaning the house, wardrobe or wall and washing clothes biko I'm not a donkey.
On Saturday night, she threw my phone inside toilet and there was no light. Assuming I didn't go with torchlight, my phone will be swimming with waste products,now the phone is dead and gone,only my Sim card and battery survived.
I don't even sleep in the afternoon again even when I remove everything that will injure her or she can spoil cos she'll definitely find something to spoil.
When you want to shout at her or spank her, she'll start hugging me, pecking or waving her hand saying sorry.

#Rantover

how old is she? don't beat yourself. the bolded is the beginning of potty training so cheer her up! truth is, it's a gradual process. keep encouraging her and when you notice she withdraws, get the potty and put her on it.

Pls don't be frustrated! she's only a growing child and every step is part of development
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
dapotemi:

Morning All,

Please i need some clarification. I'm a new dad and my girl is 6 month plus two week. My wife did EBF for 5 month, She stopped at 5 month because she will resume work by 6 month so we decided to introduce baby food by end of 5 month, this was done because we have a plan to start dropping her somewhere from morning till evening; we do not wants her to cry too much for breastmilk. Since then, it's serious struggle, we bought cerelac, friso, heinz, aptamil, nan 1& 2, sma,nutriben, all this august secret stuff etc. She will take very few the first day and the next day she will reject it outrightly and i will be advice to get another brand. That was how we end up with all those brand. Meal time is always crying/struggling time.
I told my mum and she said we should bring her to her house, so my wife relocated to my mum's place; three days after, i went to visit to know how shes doing and i saw my baby taking amala and ewedu/pepper, smiling and even shaking her head to the background music. She was just happy. Later mumsy made moin moin for the house and DD took her own part, eating with joy, i also observed mumsy gives her rice (jollof,white, friedrice) and she did not reject any of it. She eat whatever the whole family is eating; except eba/garri. Her favourite is ewedu soup with fish, rice, moinmoin, beans and pap. Wifey also breastfeed maybe once or twice a day. She hardly cry during meal time. She was 6.7kg when we took her there, she's now 8.4 now (just within a month with mumsy). 4.0 at birth.

your baby is perfectly fine... not all kids like milk and cereals. count it all joy and I would say you are lucky.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
It's better to start potty training as early as baby start to sit, I just get time start mine wen we ar 8mth+ infact my baby don't poo in his diaper he poo in his potty 1st thing in d morning.
Liftedhands:

We ar 9month+ now

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
We have come again oo mums. Incase you forgot to buy these for your adorables, we will get them for u at affordable and cheap rates. All imported for US and selling fast.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
ifyalways:

Yes, I do. Please email me with subject tombrown. Ifyalways at gmail dot com
i asked before her ma cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
feddy27:

how old is she? don't beat yourself. the bolded is the beginning of potty training so cheer her up! truth is, it's a gradual process. keep encouraging her and when you notice she withdraws, get the potty and put her on it.

Pls don't be frustrated! she's only a growing child and every step is part of development

Thanks dear, she'll be 21m next week. She always poop once a day, in the morning after eating. Anytime I put her on potty, she'll only urinate inside it and poop on the floor instead. I'll continue trying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gracehart32: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please don't waste your money to buy this diaper, the diaper is trash

enque:
Morning Mamas,

Pls who has used VOLIC BABY DIAPERS??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
Liftedhands:
HolySteph due to the nature of my surgical wound when I delivered it was my doctor that told me to nurse while lying down, it was a life saver for us cos I couldn't sit up at the time.

The thing is I had a nurse or relative with me all the time just in case I doze off they will adjust baby's nose for me.

The risk is suffocation nothing else! Don't try it if you are a heavy sleeper or roll about when asleep .

OK thank you. I'm not a deep sleeper. Sorry about your surgery. Hope you're better now?

hunniesuzie:
Me I started doing it from I think 8 weeks sha. And my boobs aren't too big

If your mind carry am, carry go

Moderate

casler:

Size of breast matter,the bigger,more dangerous

OK thanks

FloraEC:

No is not advisable. I started doing that at 8months to avoid choking

Chain its not easy getting up to sit up and breastfeed.

sassyangel1:

Pls, don't don't don't lie down to breastfeed especially at this age. I knw it's tiring buh the later effects (God forbids) is more exhausting n terrible.

Chai e no eazi o

Nimi22:

I started since my baby was 4 weeks and since then no going back when he was less than 3 months I made sure I don't sleep deeply so I can easily remove it from his mouth when he sleeps but now both of us sleep till I remember I was feeding someone before I slept. Pls make sure ur boob is not covering his nose and it is not out of his mouth so milk won't enter his nose, then u can raise his head on ur hands.

That's exactly what I do. Tho he let's go of the nippl.e when he is done and wants to continue with his sleep.

Sansa143:
Not bad but ensure dat ur bo.obs dos not covers lo's nose.Bin doing dat 4 a while too and it has helped alot.
Sure! Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
FloraEC:

I washed bedspread yesterday, just soaked another one today. She should stop doing onyeoma Emeka for me by covering the poop, sometimes I sniff like a dog to find the remaining hidden poop cos na Pam Pam(no dy poop one place) she dy do angry Cleaning it up is another work cos I don't use mop but on twos using rag clothes that can easily be washed or thrown away, after everything my waist will be paining me.
Chai that na serious work she put you so.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
queensnow:
It's better to start potty training as early as baby start to sit, I just get time start mine wen we ar 8mth+ infact my baby don't poo in his diaper he poo in his potty 1st thing in d morning.
We ar 9month+ now
Lucky you o! My son would rather carry his potty on his head than sit on it.

He doesn't want to see it at all! For now let me be enduring cost of diaper embarassed sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
HolySteph:

OK thank you. I'm not a deep sleeper. Sorry about your surgery. Hope you're better now?

Oh yes I am! Just the permanent scar and damage done that still lingers, in all I give God glory for life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.