Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431782 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
You have to be watching and not fall asleep. I started do that well when baby was close to 6months.
HolySteph:
Good morning mamas. Is it adviceable to breastfeed while lying down? I do it mostly at nights for my 5weeks old baby. I feel its quite easier for the baby and myself cus I can be asleep while baby is sucking. Pls is it a good one? Am a New mom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
omotolanibaby:
y not bottle feed him first, semi solid food like paper, cereals etc instead of Spoon feed
Thanks mama but my baby does not know how to suck from bottle that is why i spoon feed him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
HolySteph:
Good morning mamas. Is it adviceable to breastfeed while lying down? I do it mostly at nights for my 5weeks old baby. I feel its quite easier for the baby and myself cus I can be asleep while baby is sucking. Pls is it a good one? Am a New mom.
I started breastfeeding my baby while laying down from around 4 weeks as standing up to feed him through the night was really stressful for me and he does not have to wakeup while feeding and i will have to go through the stress of trying to make him sleep again.I am the busty type so my breast usually cover his nose sometimes so i make sure i stay awake till he removes his mouth.
Also, i make sure i use the same breast all through the night. Reason is that when i first started, in the middle of the night, i change to another breast which by that time will have so much milk and by the time he sucks and sucks, sometimes he starts having reflux (milk coming out of his nose) this stopped when i feed him with just one breast. As convenient as the whole thing is u just have to be careful by making sure you are awake while he feeds so your breast does not block the nose.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
dapotemi:

Morning All,

Please i need some clarification. I'm a new dad and my girl is 6 month plus two week. My wife did EBF for 5 month, She stopped at 5 month because she will resume work by 6 month so we decided to introduce baby food by end of 5 month, this was done because we have a plan to start dropping her somewhere from morning till evening; we do not wants her to cry too much for breastmilk. Since then, it's serious struggle, we bought cerelac, friso, heinz, aptamil, nan 1& 2, sma,nutriben, all this august secret stuff etc. She will take very few the first day and the next day she will reject it outrightly and i will be advice to get another brand. That was how we end up with all those brand. Meal time is always crying/struggling time.
I told my mum and she said we should bring her to her house, so my wife relocated to my mum's place; three days after, i went to visit to know how shes doing and i saw my baby taking amala and ewedu/pepper, smiling and even shaking her head to the background music. She was just happy. Later mumsy made moin moin for the house and DD took her own part, eating with joy, i also observed mumsy gives her rice (jollof,white, friedrice) and she did not reject any of it. She eat whatever the whole family is eating; except eba/garri. Her favourite is ewedu soup with fish, rice, moinmoin, beans and pap. Wifey also breastfeed maybe once or twice a day. She hardly cry during meal time. She was 6.7kg when we took her there, she's now 8.4 now (just within a month with mumsy). 4.0 at birth.
The truth is, am happy but worried somehow. Please with all this adult food shes taking, any cause for concern?
I wiĺl do anything for my baby to eat like this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
suremum:

I wiĺl do anything for my baby to eat like this
my baby did same.. She hated baby foods buy eats adult food. I was worried, but not anymore. Leave her but try to give her milk and fruits if possible blended. Grace bro
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by INFOTECH2: 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
14 Simple lifestyle changes that will improve your chances of becoming a parent.

Becoming a parent for the first time can be really tasking for some couples and it comes down to their inability to become pregnant when they are ready for it.

When a couple has been together for six months to a year with no pregnancy, there is definitely an issue with their level of fertility.

Fertility levels of a couple can be affected by a lot of things, but one major obstacle is your lifestyle. Alcohol, creams, lack of exercise and be factors delaying your chances of taking in and becoming a parent.

Making simple changes to your current lifestyle can greatly improve your condition when trying to become a parent. Let’s take a closer look at the lifestyle changes you would need to work on below:

Lack of Quality Sleep:
Living in the fast paced world we are now, there are chances that while trying to archive that great accomplishment, you have been depriving yourself of enough sleep.

This alone can be directly responsible for infertility in women as lack of sleep can affect the release of luteinzing hormone, or LH – which is the hormone that triggers ovulation thereby disrupting your menstrual cycle.

Maintaining a Balanced Diet:
Food can be a major distraction in your everyday life. When you eat, what you eat and where you take your meals are very important when you are thinking of becoming a parent.

Your chances of conceiving will increase greatly when you eat a balanced diet that includes less fat, no carbonated drinks and more of fruits, vegetables, protein etc.

All of these foods are necessary for you to eat on a regular basis to have optimum metabolism which will in turn improve the fertility of both husband and wife.

Lack of Regular Exercise
Exercise can play a major role when trying to conceive. Couples who have a history of exercising regularly would have a better chance at conceiving than those who don’t.

Regular exercise helps increase blood circulation, tones the muscles and ensures that fertility does not drop. You also need to ensure that your exercise routine does not become extreme.

Extreme exercise can be counterproductive as no exercise. It can cause low levels of body fat and disrupt the normal hormonal changes needed for ovulation in women.

Weight gain or loss
Women (and men) who are either over weight or underweight will struggle with conceiving more than individuals who have normal weight.

You want to know why?

Read more here:http://firstimedaddy.com/2017/12/17/becoming-a-parent/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
Mzleemah:
i asked before her ma cry
Really? Are you in lagos?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
ifyalways:

Really? Are you in lagos?
yes ma, we can share it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
New mom alert!!

Mummies please come to my aid

I'm a FTM to 7 days old twin and it has not been easy at all to say the least. One of my twin does not suck at all, the only way I get her to take breast milk is by expressing it and bottle feeding her while her brother latches and suck well.

I feel so bad and guilty cos I've tried everything possible to make her suck from the breast directly but she will just keep crying until I remove the breast.

Please what can I do to make her suck and make me lactate better?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:32am On Feb 16, 2018
Bloomingbud:

New mom alert!!

Mummies please come to my aid

I'm a FTM to 7 days old twin and it has not been easy at all to say the least. One of my twin does not suck at all, the only way I get her to take breast milk is by expressing it and bottle feeding her while her brother latches and suck well.

I feel so bad and guilty cos I've tried everything possible to make her suck from the breast directly but she will just keep crying until I remove the breast.

Please what can I do to make her suck and make me lactate better?
Congrats and welcome here. There's no need to feel bad at least she's still taking bm whether direct or from bottle all is same. Give her time and keep directing her to your nipple I'm sure she will master it soon.

Drink lots of warm fluid it helps with milk production.

Give them a big kiss from me kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2018
Nimi22:

Exactly that's what happened when I used it for cole too. Hope he's better now? kisses to him
To d glory of God d cough don reduce o, infarct we slept well tonight
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 9:50am On Feb 16, 2018
Happy birthday to my birth date mate @ hunniesuzie’s son.
I wish you the best in life. You shall prosper in all you do and the world will call you blessed for you are the blessed of the lord, a rare gem and special being.

You are like a tree planted by the river side, deeply rooted and your seeds and leaves never dries. I bless you with God’s Favour, wisdom and immeasurable grace that multiply everyday.
Your ministering angels will never be found wanting for they shall attend to even the good yearnings of your heart. You have Favour before men and angels. Your fame shall be heard all over the world and no harm shall ever befall you, in Jesus name, Amen.

I bless you today and forever. Happy birthday to us grin

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2018
Our big mummy!
Thank you so much. God bless you and give you all your heart desires. Happy birthday from your little birthday mate to you

Graciouscharis:
I wish you the best in life. You shall prosper in all you do and the world will call you blessed for you are the blessed of the lord, a rare gem and special being.

You are like a tree planted by the river side, deeply rooted and your seeds and leaves never dries. I bless you with God’s Favour, wisdom and immeasurable grace that multiply everyday.
Your ministering angels will never be found wanting for they shall attend to even the good yearnings of your heart. You have Favour before men and angels. Your fame shall be heard all over the world and no harm shall ever befall you, in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2018
Liftedhands:
Lucky you o! My son would rather carry his[b] potty on his head than sit on it.
[/b] grin
He doesn't want to see it at all! For now let me be enduring cost of diaper embarassed sad
it's well my sister God would continue to give us d grace I just hope my lo won't change u knw kids and dem method
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:21am On Feb 16, 2018
Don't even have the words to capture how happy I am today. Happy birthday to my sweet slice of heaven. May the heavens always answer even before you call. May you shine brighter and brighter each day. I'm grateful for everyday with you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Don't even have the words to capture how happy I am today. Happy birthday to my sweet slice of heaven. May the heavens always answer even before you call. May you shine brighter and brighter each day. I'm grateful for everyday with you

Happy birthday ur dear son... More of God's blessings n grace on him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 10:28am On Feb 16, 2018
Happy birthday to your son hunniesuzie
happy birthday Graciouscharis May God grant all your heart desires.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2018
A gud morning to u all... Pls I need sum advise on how to go abt dis. V been trying to make my baby to take formula since she completed 3mnths old bt she is refusing. Is been 2weeks + since I started her on it. She will jus drink small less dan 50ml n be spitting d rest out n crying for breast milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by winningbt: 10:29am On Feb 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Happy birthday to your DS ma'am he will continue to grow in good health
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:37am On Feb 16, 2018
Happy birthday to your slice of heaven Hunniesuzie
He is blessed

Please all I want is cake oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
To d glory of God d cough don reduce o, infarct we slept well tonight

Thank God
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Happy birthday madam, God will increase you on every side.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:49am On Feb 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:
happy Birthday to ur son, he will live to fulfill destiny. Congrats
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:51am On Feb 16, 2018
jazzyjazz:
Happy birthday to your slice of heaven Hu.nniesuzie
He is blessed

Madam PRO, how work? How is ur son? regards to him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:11am On Feb 16, 2018
Let's see if pic will load

22 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:13am On Feb 16, 2018
Don't say I never did anything for you Mami

jazzyjazz:
Happy birthday to your slice of heaven Hunniesuzie
He is blessed

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:15am On Feb 16, 2018
Thanks Mamas

winningbt:

Happy birthday to your DS ma'am he will continue to grow in good health
comtem2011:
happy Birthday to ur son, he will live to fulfill destiny. Congrats
Cohis:

Happy birthday ur dear son... More of God's blessings n grace on him.
Mzleemah:
Happy birthday to your son hunniesuzie
happy birthday Graciouscharis May God grant all your heart desires.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 16, 2018
Happy birthday to Osi baby! kiss Na so I just dey Awwww for here watching his pictures. Handsome and cute. Live long and prosper
hunniesuzie:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 11:40am On Feb 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:

Happy birthday dearie. Long life in good health and divine favour in Jesus name kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 11:47am On Feb 16, 2018
Happy birthday osi boy, you will live to fulfil destiny in jesus name(Amen). Btw is that a short form for Osayande (Osi)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=hunniesuzie post=65111844]Let's see if pic will load happy birthday son kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luckygirl02(f): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2018
Mothers pls come to my rescue. My baby is six months and has been having high temperature for about two days now. Some said it's teething and advised me to get gbomoro and ibuprofen for him which I did, but still no changes at all. He looks so lean coupled with brownish eyes. He was immunized the day the temperature started, that was on wednesday. At first I thought it was cos of the injections he took, So i was expecting him to be better by yesterday but the high temperature persists. I have been using the gbomoro and ibuprofen to calm it down but it keeps coming back. Worst is always at night. He is always hot from head to toe. Even his mouth makes my breast tips hot when he sucks. He doesn't play like before and cries frequently. Are all these normal for teething? Biko am a ftm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.