Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398949 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 6:59am On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:
Please experienced mums, is nospamin safe to treat colic? I already inquired at the hospital and they said a big fat NO saying there's no cure for colic and it will eventually pass, while nospamin causes babies to accumulate gas in their belly and make it swell. but my Mum and MIL claims its safe during their time and I'm really tempted to ask my mum to get it as she has been on my neck to ignore the hospitals opinion.

This incessant cry from my baby is making me lose my mind. She is unusually inconsolable, draws up her leg like she's in pain and squeezes her face in pain when crying. And it always in the midnight when we all need good sleep. I don't know what to do!
Trust me your baby does not need any drug for colic, as it will go on its own with time. I use to put my baby on his back and do the bicycle motion with his legs and it does help. Try and avoid using drugs for your baby. My son is 7 months and the only drug he has use is tylenol ( like paracetamol) and that was once when they circumcized him. Except baby is sick pls avoid drugs ma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Mama abeg what is the story? I never hear am so one can be mindful.
zaynie:

I am.
But I am usually wary of all these wakabouts immunizations cry
I prefer carrying my child to the health centre to get immunized.
All these conspiracy theories somebody is hearing won't let someone have rest of mind jare undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:09am On Mar 07, 2018
Naomi14:
My dear, if you can get one, please do o! So you can have time to study.
smallie is a bad idea o, they have to go to school and still do their own studying too, she usually won't be of much help with baby until the holidays unless u mean post secondary school smallie. I have a smallie but I still couldn't register for my own exam until a time when she'd be on long holidays.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by derommyvent: 8:13am On Mar 07, 2018
Goodmorning mama's, please how can i treat eela in my 2months old baby. Thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:14am On Mar 07, 2018
Hospital is right. It's hard but you'll get through it. Burp her very well when she eats. Bicycle her legs (youtube) when you see she's squirming.
I endured it for 4 whole months, I heard baby girls outgrow it faster

booqee:
Please experienced mums, is nospamin safe to treat colic? I already inquired at the hospital and they said a big fat NO saying there's no cure for colic and it will eventually pass, while nospamin causes babies to accumulate gas in their belly and make it swell. but my Mum and MIL claims its safe during their time and I'm really tempted to ask my mum to get it as she has been on my neck to ignore the hospitals opinion.

This incessant cry from my baby is making me lose my mind. She is unusually inconsolable, draws up her leg like she's in pain and squeezes her face in pain when crying. And it always in the midnight when we all need good sleep. I don't know what to do!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2018
kelizosuy:
I think I need a smallie to stay with me

I can't do anything except she's sleeping for two mins

if you don't think it's out of place, I'll suggest you put her in a creche near your house for few hrs say like 9am-2pm(I presume you work from home). Use that time to concentrate on your work.
Babies will always need attention. my mum helps me with my ds and everyday when I get back from work, she's full of stories on how he didn't allow her do any serious work.
When I'm off work and I stay with him too, I get what she's saying. Sometimes I'm like can't you just sit and play in one place, my mum will reply Olorun oni je ka ri iru e (God won't allow such).

God guide you aright.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2018
blex444:

Ma,you are not alone
seriously is really heartbreaking,my dd is a month+ & extremely colicky,,i tried gripe water e no work,after much research on dr google i remove eggs,beans & milk from my diet,whenever she is fussy i carry her and walk around the house singing until she is calm.e nor easy o
that works for me too but only for normal cry, not colic cry. embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2018
sassyangel1:

Ayam stee yet to recover. As I no knw rd n to avoid madt traffic I had to use carrier to Carry my orobo son (I didn't drive. So, imagine me sweating like a hegoats).Even Kon shook hand inside d money. Shame no let me tell my hubby dt I went to awoof center cos I don't wantu imagine wetin Hin go talk 4 phone as he's nt around so dt I can knw his mood b4 exposing myself. I jst had to look 4 one kind lie so dt he wee send the spent money. I go jst respect myself go collect d rotavaccine n pay. Mbok, I don't wnt awoof again...

pele...hope you feel better this morning especially your Lo with the exercise you made him do yesterday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2018
I've gone to check out crèches very close to me and they are good but I can't help this nagging feeling of them not taking good care of her.
JGracious:

if you don't think it's out of place, I'll suggest you put her in a creche near your house for few hrs say like 9am-2pm(I presume you work from home). Use that time to concentrate on your work.
Babies will always need attention. my mum helps me with my ds and everyday when I get back from work, she's full of stories on how he didn't allow her do any serious work.
When I'm off work and I stay with him too, I get what she's saying. Sometimes I'm like can't you just sit and play in one place, my mum will reply Olorun oni je ka ri iru e (God won't allow such).

God guide you aright.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:57am On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:

The name of the drug for treating colic/being gassy is PATIENCE & ENDURANCE.

All those other drugs(nospamin, infacol, gripewater etc.) just have a placebo effect. The uneasiness come often and I doubt if you would want keep dosing your baby with drugs every now and then.
The cries are heart wrenching I agree and can make you do almost anything but just wait it out.
The baby's body system is still developing hence the discomfort.
I tried gripe water during our own episodes and it didn't do anything except to make him drowsy. I eventually threw the remaining away.

https://www.essentialparent.com/lesson/baby-massage-for-colic-2175/

Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2018
Chirolechick:
Mothers please I need help/suggestion, my baby is 2months and just weighs 4kg, she gains weight and looses, that's the cycle, i'm worried she's too small, she recently lost appetite and won't eat much, i've given abidec still no improvement, please help
What is her birth weight to begin with? A newborn is expected to drop a bit of birth weight in the first month of life and then add 1kg monthly till about six months to a year old.

4kg at just two months old in my opinion is a good weight irrespective of her birth weight.

Be resy assured that as long as she eats well the weight will come on, also genetics should be considered too as your baby won't be any different from which ever parent or side of the family she genetically stands with.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amaka90: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2018
Gm sabi mamas......pls av bin feeling feverish since Sunday especially at nite.....av gone to d hospital nd av also finished d drugs I was given bt stil I feel feverish at 9te nd sometimes during d day.....my baby is 6weeks.

Pls dont read nd pass help a mum..thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:

my dear, we r in dis togeda,, i first bought gripe water den my sil said nospamin which i bought, i was given him with caution bur no significant improvement so i went to d hospital yesterday to complain, nd told d doctor what i was guven as recommended by my mil,, she said, baby doesnt need all of dat cos dey rilli dont do anything to stop d pain, its a natural phase nd dry eill out grow it,, she even said some babies were admitted cos dey reacted to nospamin nd gripe water contains alcohol,, so i hv packed up d 2drugs,, nd i believe soon baby will outgrow d pain... i advice u leave ur baby..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:04am On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:

Give tummy time by placing her on her tummy a couple of times during the day. Circle her legs in a bicycle motion whilst on get back, gentle rub her tummy, burp her after each feed, carry her on your shoulder with her tummy pressed on your shoulder. Then endure till she's 3-4 months old when she'll outgrow it. Good luck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2018
kelizosuy:
I've gone to check out crèches very close to me and they are good but I can't help this nagging feeling of them not taking good care of her.

The feeling is natural for a mother. You sef said they are good so just choose the best out of the good ones. since its close to you, you can easily monitor them by checking on her.

Mamas have often mentioned what to look out for so use that as a guide.
pray and trust God to guide you through.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:
that works for me too but only for normal cry, not colic cry. embarassed
sorry,you can try doing bicycle legs or put her belly on your thigh for gentle pressure....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:14am On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:

I used nospamin for my baby and throughout the first 3 months, no form of incessant cry or inconvenience for him. Though not a daily dose for him then.

Also, I massage with hot water morning and night.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:15am On Mar 07, 2018
amaka90:
Gm sabi mamas......pls av bin feeling feverish since Sunday especially at nite.....av gone to d hospital nd av also finished d drugs I was given bt stil I feel feverish at 9te nd sometimes during d day.....my baby is 6weeks.

Pele. You are due for your 6wks check up sef. Please go back to the hospital again. if no test was carried out before giving you drugs, please insist on one.

Hope you have people around to help with chores cos stressing yourself after childbirth can cause all sorts o.
A healthy mother = A happy baby

Please take care
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2018
amaka90:

The drugs you were given what's it meat for? Did they do test for you? Check also for infected cs/epi/perineum wounds.

You have to go back to the hospital or another for a thorough check up! Sorry and speedy healing to you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2018
ladycomfort:

Please where exactly is the PHC located in somolu

Which area are you coming from for easy direction?

Cc.: queensnow ( this mama needs the exact location of the PHC administering rota vaccine in somolu.
Help with vaccination days too. Thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Angel2424: 9:30am On Mar 07, 2018
Experienced mamas pls my baby is 2 weeks and 3 days old.. she got some rashes on a face about 6 days ago and it keeps spreading over the face..is there anything I can use to clear them off?..thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2018
Some smallies no like school some prefer to learn a trade. I guess those ones will have time to help.
Giddyperson:
smallie is a bad idea o, they have to go to school and still do their own studying too, she usually won't be of much help with baby until the holidays unless u mean post secondary school smallie. I have a smallie but I still couldn't register for my own exam until a time when she'd be on long holidays.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2018
Thank you, she weighed 3.2 @ birth, it just saddens me that she is on the small side

Liftedhands:
What is her birth weight to begin with? A newborn is expected to drop a bit of birth weight in the first month of life and then add 1kg monthly till about six months to a year old.

4kg at just two months old in my opinion is a good weight irrespective of her birth weight.

Be resy assured that as long as she eats well the weight will come on, also genetics should be considered too as your baby won't be any different from which ever parent or side of the family she genetically stands with.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Hospital is right. It's hard but you'll get through it. Burp her very well when she eats. Bicycle her legs (youtube) when you see she's squirming.
I endured it for 4 whole months, I heard baby girls outgrow it faster

suremum:

Trust me your baby does not need any drug for colic, as it will go on its own with time. I use to put my baby on his back and do the bicycle motion with his legs and it does help. Try and avoid using drugs for your baby. My son is 7 months and the only drug he has use is tylenol ( like paracetamol) and that was once when they circumcized him. Except baby is sick pls avoid drugs ma.
zaynie:

Pele, that is Motherhood 101 for you.
For me, I don't use drugs for colic or teething.
But you can try placing her on her tummy or make her sleep on you with her tummy, rub her back. Or lie on her back and do the bicycle motion with her legs.
All those drugs don't guarantee relief ,although some moms swear by it.
thank you so much mamas. Would try your suggestions. Mehn I thought I was prepared for all of this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:03am On Mar 07, 2018
Chirolechick:
Thank you, she weighed 3.2 @ birth, it just saddens me that she is on the small side

She's is fine don't stress over it, in a couple of months you will be amazed at her growth! Just keep feeding her well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2018
kelizosuy:
Please let me rant biko

How do you handle a very active 4months old embarassed embarassed embarassed I can't do anything during the day at all. Cooking is difficult, baking I can't. I have an exam I'm preparing for and I can't study because she won't sleep during the day,wants constant attention and I end up being too tired to read at night. I don tire abeg
same thing am experiencing with Dara too I have to wait for her to sleep so I back her to do whatever I want to do if not she would wake after 5minute.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2018
Liftedhands:
Give tummy time by placing her on her tummy a couple of times during the day. Circle her legs in a bicycle motion whilst on get back, gentle rub her tummy, burp her after each feed, carry her on your shoulder with her tummy pressed on your shoulder. Then endure till she's 3-4 months old when she'll outgrow it. Good luck.
mummyjayson:
my dear, we r in dis togeda,, i first bought gripe water den my sil said nospamin which i bought, i was given him with caution bur no significant improvement so i went to d hospital yesterday to complain, nd told d doctor what i was guven as recommended by my mil,, she said, baby doesnt need all of dat cos dey rilli dont do anything to stop d pain, its a natural phase nd dry eill out grow it,, she even said some babies were admitted cos dey reacted to nospamin nd gripe water contains alcohol,, so i hv packed up d 2drugs,, nd i believe soon baby will outgrow d pain... i advice u leave ur baby..
comtem2011:
I used nospamin for my baby and throughout the first 3 months, no form of incessant cry or inconvenience for him. Though not a daily dose for him then.

Also, I massage with hot water morning and night.
JGracious:

The name of the drug for treating colic/being gassy is PATIENCE & ENDURANCE.

All those other drugs(nospamin, infacol, gripewater etc.) just have a placebo effect. The uneasiness come often and I doubt if you would want keep dosing your baby with drugs every now and then.
The cries are heart wrenching I agree and can make you do almost anything but just wait it out.
The baby's body system is still developing hence the discomfort.
I tried gripe water during our own episodes and it didn't do anything except to make him drowsy. I eventually threw the remaining away.

https://www.essentialparent.com/lesson/baby-massage-for-colic-2175/

Cheers
thank you very much.. I pray for the patience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2018
Naomi14:
Some smallies no like school some prefer to learn a trade. I guess those ones will have time to help.
Which kain no like school when there's cane, they can only refuse to go to university

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 10:20am On Mar 07, 2018
Thanks so much....I feel better

Liftedhands:
She's is fine don't stress over it, in a couple of months you will be amazed at her growth! Just keep feeding her well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 07, 2018
Giddyperson:
have you tried unsweetened pap or puréed foods, maybe she doesn't like sweet food

Pls 'unsweetened pap' do u mean raw pap or d one made without adding any formula. Then for d puree pls explain more on it am a ftm.. thank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2018
Cohis:

Pls 'unsweetened pap' do u mean raw pap or d one made without adding any formula. Then for d puree pls explain more on it am a ftm.. thank u.
lOL raw pap ke, yeah I mean Pap made without adding formula. And pureed food like blended Irish potatoes, cooked with crayfish and deboned fish or chicken, blended bananas or boiled and blended apple, there are a lot of recipes on this thread, I can dig them out for you if you want but you can start with one of two for now until she gets older.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 11:22am On Mar 07, 2018
Graciouscharis:

I’m truly very sorry that you had to go through this. That’s why I try to avoid saying anything I did not witness. Even the person that told me their immunization days told me they give that was why I confidently replied you.
Please send me a pm if you don’t mind. I’m truly sorry you had to go through such stress.

Sorry for all the stress you went through, i can relate. Just close eyes and pay for it biko...kpele

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.