Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398913 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 11:24am On Mar 07, 2018
kelizosuy:
Please let me rant biko

How do you handle a very active 4months old embarassed embarassed embarassed I can't do anything during the day at all. Cooking is difficult, baking I can't. I have an exam I'm preparing for and I can't study because she won't sleep during the day,wants constant attention and I end up being too tired to read at night. I don tire abeg
my boy is like this too, I play music from my phone, he like listening to music, so as to do other things I want to do and back him if he wld not stay, he might cry at the back at first to protest and then sleep later on

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 11:35am On Mar 07, 2018
ladycomfort:

Please where exactly is the PHC located in somolu

We got ours at OLOJA PHC located on akinsola str, sungas. Days of immunisation are mondays, tuesdays and thursdays but we took ours on a thursday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 11:40am On Mar 07, 2018
Morning mamas. Please come to my aid biko embarassed embarassed

I resumed school where I'm teaching on Monday this week. As expected, everybody wanted to carry my baby. Even my class students. Toh, I tried to be careful and watchful, as my madam has seriously started shoving everything around her into her mouth, her hands being the major victim. When someone holds her hands, I would immediately after wipe with her wipes.

Ironically, she started pooing loose stool that very Monday. embarassed My babe that could go days without pooing before pooed 4 times that day, tho they were small in quantity each time.
I decided to watch it, maybe it was something I ate.

On Tuesday, same thing. embarassed She pooped up to 4 times throughout the day, and her diaper would surprisingly stay dry all through the night.
I kukuma decided not to go to the school today so I can observe her. She didn't poop from last night till this morning. I was happy. From morning till some moments ago, no poop. Then she just pooped now, and it looks watery still embarassed embarassed

Please I'm beginning to worry. Has my baby been infected? What do I do? embarassed I just called her dad to buy ort and zinc, but I'm feeling since she eats well and doesn't seem uncomfortable in any way, do I need to give her?

I told her dad to buy teething ring, but I was not very keen on it cos I was worried about infection from it

How do I control her trying to put everything into her mouth or trying to lick whoever is carrying her?

Abeg help me bikonu, no waka pass, na beg I dey cry cry cry

Ps. We would be 4 months this time next week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2018
'Raw pap' d jjc in me thinking#Smiles#.. Tnks for ur response I will try d pureed food u mentioned. I jus hoped she cooperates.

Giddyperson:
lOL raw pap ke, yeah I mean Pap made without adding formula. And pureed food like blended Irish potatoes, cooked with crayfish and deboned fish or chicken, blended bananas or boiled and blended apple, there are a lot of recipes on this thread, I can dig them out for you if you want but you can start with one of two for now until she gets older.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
booqee:
Please experienced mums, is nospamin safe to treat colic? I already inquired at the hospital and they said a big fat NO saying there's no cure for colic and it will eventually pass, while nospamin causes babies to accumulate gas in their belly and make it swell. but my Mum and MIL claims its safe during their time and I'm really tempted to ask my mum to get it as she has been on my neck to ignore the hospitals opinion.

This incessant cry from my baby is making me lose my mind. She is unusually inconsolable, draws up her leg like she's in pain and squeezes her face in pain when crying. And it always in the midnight when we all need good sleep. I don't know what to do!

Teamie my twin girl and your daughter have so many things in common, we have been battling colic too and hubbys aunt who is a nurse said to use nospamin which I refused now it's causing wahala between hubby and I cause he feels I'm doing I too know more than old mamas, but my twin boy is not going through this at all.

Mamas please which is better between nan 1 and Sma gold cause I'm thinking of switching from nan 1 to Sma gold reason been that I discovered that my children turn and twist a lot after feeding these days don't know if nan 1 is the culprit though then my daughter is not gaining weight like her bro.

Still in feeding matter, like how many times should a 4 weeks old baby eat in a day? I feed my children on demand but at times I feel they are eating too much and they poo too much.

Please respond to a twin mamas worries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
It's not formula that causes the twisting, it's natural for most babies as their digestive system develops. Both formulas are good, it's a matter of preference, you can try SMA for your peace of mind but it won't cure the colic

Weight gain - even though your babies are twins, they are 2 different people, they won't develop at exactly the same pace so you must be careful not to compare them. So far she's feeding well and gaining weight at a healthy pace, she's fine

Feeding - feed them on demand, there's enough time to develop a schedule, they are still very tender. Breastmilk typically digests in 2 hours max, formula takes 3 hours. But please, nothing like too much, spend this money and buy formula abeg

Bloomingbud:

Teamie my twin girl and your daughter have so many things in common, we have been battling colic too and hubbys aunt who is a nurse said to use nospamin which I refused now it's causing wahala between hubby and I cause he feels I'm doing I too know more than old mamas, but my twin boy is not going through this at all.

Mamas please which is better between nan 1 and Sma gold cause I'm thinking of switching from nan 1 to Sma gold reason been that I discovered that my children turn and twist a lot after feeding these days don't know if nan 1 is the culprit though then my daughter is not gaining weight like her bro.

Still in feeding matter, like how many times should a 4 weeks old baby eat in a day? I feed my children on demand but at times I feel they are eating too much and they poo too much.

Please respond to a twin mamas worries.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hmmm, when you take her with you do you keep her in your class or she goes to creche? If she's eating well hold off on the ORS and zinc. Buy a big bottle of sanitizer and put on your table, buy a small one and put in her bag, buy another small one for your handbag. Get your students to sanitize before touching her. Buy teething ring, it's better for her to chew on her own toys than any other thing

Anugod:

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Anugod:

I resumed school where I'm teaching on Monday this week. As expected, everybody wanted to carry my baby. Even my class students. Toh, I tried to be careful and watchful, as my madam has seriously started shoving everything around her into her mouth, her hands being the major victim. When someone holds her hands, I would immediately after wipe with her wipes.

Ironically, she started pooing loose stool that very Monday. embarassed My babe that could go days without pooing before pooed 4 times that day, tho they were small in quantity each time.

How do I control her trying to put everything into her mouth or trying to lick whoever is carrying her?

Is there no creche at your school?

if you must let her be with you in school then anyone that will carry her will need to wash their hands before carrying or else enrol her in a crèche to minimize the number of people carrying her and at least you will be assured of an environment tailored to baby care.

let her start taking vitamin c everyday to fight infections.

you see that putting of things in mouth enh...just pack everything that poses risk away from her reach.

For the present situation, use the ors and zinc. you can equally give her pureed banana to harden her stool.

hunniesuzie, will a BRAT diet work in this case?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honey12: 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Help is needed here ooo.. I'm weaned my baby girl of One year +. Since on Saturday, my breast is still strong and leaking milk. What do I do, I'm in pains.. #concernedMAMAS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nah, she's on exclusive (I think)

Since she's feeding well me I think she should let it run it's course but have the ORS and zinc on standby

cc anugod

JGracious:

if you must let her be with you in school then anyone that will carry her will need to wash their hands before carrying or else enrol her in a crèche to minimize the number of people carrying her and at least you will be assured of an environment tailored to baby care.

you see that putting of things in mouth enh...just pack everything that poses risk away from her reach.

For the present situation, use the ors and zinc. you can equally give her pureed banana to harden her stool.

hunnie.suzie, will a BRAT diet work in this case?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Get cabbage, peel the leaves and put it in the fridge or freezer. Once it's cold, put a leaf on each boob (like breast pad). Change it when the cold feeling goes away. Get diclofenac to take for the pain. You should be fine by Friday latest

honey12:
Help is needed here ooo.. I'm weaned my baby girl of One year +. Since on Saturday, my breast is still strong and leaking milk. What do I do, I'm in pains.. #concernedMAMAS

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
amaka90:
Gm sabi mamas......pls av bin feeling feverish since Sunday especially at nite.....av gone to d hospital nd av also finished d drugs I was given bt stil I feel feverish at 9te nd sometimes during d day.....my baby is 6weeks.

Pls dont read nd pass help a mum..thanks

Is your breast hard? I suffered from a blocked duct, the do treated me for malaria, meanwhile i didn't know all i had to do was massage my breast with hot water. Check if your breast is hard, not engorged oh, hard and generally painful. You might just be experiencing what i went through
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
derommyvent:
Goodmorning mama's, please how can i treat eela in my 2months old baby. Thanks in advance.

We are experiencing thesame thing. We initially went to the hospital we were given antibiotics and a cream, it cleared and re-surfaced. I decided to use the red leaf and soap i got from agbo sellers, i got the red leaf from them too as i didn't know where to get from. I have been using to bath my DS, its day 3 now i can see a little improvement. P.s please don't give your baby to drink oh, me i no dey
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
hunniesuzie:
It's not formula that causes the twisting, it's natural for most babies as their digestive system develops. Both formulas are good, it's a matter of preference, you can try SMA for your peace of mind but it won't cure the colic

Weight gain - even though your babies are twins, they are 2 different people, they won't develop at exactly the same pace so you must be careful not to compare them. So far she's feeding well and gaining weight at a healthy pace, she's fine

Feeding - feed them on demand, there's enough time to develop a schedule, they are still very tender. Breastmilk typically digests in 2 hours max, formula takes 3 hours. But please, nothing like too much, spend this money and buy formula abeg

Thank you so much ma'am. You don't know how much I appreciate your response to my questions all the time, may you never lack help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
honey12:
Massage with hot water, thats what I did during my own and before i knew it, it dried up. You can take paracetamol alongside, that stuff can cause fever cos its very painful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
kelizosuy:
I've gone to check out crèches very close to me and they are good but I can't help this nagging feeling of them not taking good care of her.

I just discovered solution to ds own this week. Anytime I want to work especially in the kitchen and I put him in his rocker by the kitchen door this boy will cry to the extent of neighbours calling on me and asking what's up now. So when I started putting him to sit was when I knew he doesn't like to lie down at all even when I'm carrying him and he's playing it's either he's sitting or standing so what I do now is I put him in a sitting position in his stroller and put a pillow behind him so that he's leaning forward then he can play, touch and eat the handle on the stroller with that he stays there till he's tired or till I'm done sometimes, so check well maybe she might not like to lie down too since she's very active maybe she wants to sit and play.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladycomfort(f): 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Get cabbage, peel the leaves and put it in the fridge or freezer. Once it's cold, put a leaf on each boob (like breast pad). Change it when the cold feeling goes away. Get diclofenac to take for the pain. You should be fine by Friday latest

sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Hmmm, when you take her with you do you keep her in your class or she goes to creche? If she's eating well hold off on the ORS and zinc. Buy a big bottle of sanitizer and put on your table, buy a small one and put in her bag, buy another small one for your handbag. Get your students to sanitize before touching her. Buy teething ring, it's better for her to chew on her own toys than any other thing

She stays with me in my class o. She eats well and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort at all, just the poo. I'm really worried about infection as she just started coming out recently. The other day, one mama came to see us with her 20 months old son who had a big boil on his eyes, plus one terrible cough. The woman carried my girl and placed her on her son's laps shocked shocked shocked claiming wifey

I really didn't know how to collect my girl immediately without seeming rude angry undecided

My dh says I shouldn't mind how people feel but do the needful. How do you mamas do it? Without having people feeling hurt or seeming overprotective? sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
JGracious:

hunnie suzie, will a BRAT diet work in this case?
No creche o. Dh won't even let me carry his 15 weeks baby to a creche away from me. sad He even says if anybody collects her and takes a step away, I should follow grin and never let his daughter leave my sight for a sec angry cheesy

I was giving her vitamin c o, till I noticed it affected her poo (I saw diarrhoea as one of the side effects of overdose) so I stopped it, even though I wasn't giving her overdose.

Dh has brought the zinc and ort now sha. They said to take half of a tablet of zinc. Is that OK?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Nah, she's on exclusive (I think)

Since she's feeding well me I think she should let it run it's course but have the ORS and zinc on standby

cc anugod

Yes, she's exclusively fed. Dh bought the zinc and ors plus including flagyl suspension. He made me give her immediately, so I gave her the flagyl and held off on the rest. I just want to have them on standby but he wants me to start giving her immediately. Should I just go ahead? Before this man go say I gave him a panic call and made him leave work to bring drugs and I don't want to use them again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
Anugod:
She stays with me in my class o. She eats well and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort at all, just the poo. I'm really worried about infection as she just started coming out recently. The other day, one mama came to see us with her 20 months old son who had a big boil on his eyes, plus one terrible cough. The woman carried my girl and placed her on her son's laps shocked shocked shocked claiming wifey

I really didn't know how to collect my girl immediately without seeming rude angry undecided

My dh says I shouldn't mind how people feel but do the needful. How do you mamas do it? Without having people feeling hurt or seeming overprotective? sad

My dear, collect your daughter politely. It is not being rude but you are the one that will deal with the result later if you dont take the right action.

Your daughter is very small for everyone to be carrying up and down. I for once started allowing people carrying my daughter at ONE, yes at 1. Apart from school, my mum(anytime she is around) my sister and Hubby. You are doing this because of Infection.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
JGracious:

Which area are you coming from for easy direction?

Cc.: queensnow ( this mama needs the exact location of the PHC administering rota vaccine in somolu.
Help with vaccination days too. Thank you ma.

U can get at ambode health centre located at shomolu market(oja) immunisation day is on tuesdays
Cc ladycomfort

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Anugod:
Yes, she's exclusively fed. Dh bought the zinc and ors plus including flagyl suspension. He made me give her immediately, so I gave her the flagyl and held off on the rest. I just want to have them on standby but he wants me to start giving her immediately. Should I just go ahead? Before this man go say I gave him a panic call and made him leave work to bring drugs and I don't want to use them again

ORS is good but no to flagyl. I think she is too small for that unless if its doctor recommendation. Also, it may be that she is even teething sef. So just calm down and reduce the number of people touching her.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hey mamas long time. Its mama Ekene that warn me never to come here again.

Pls my son just started refusing his cereal all he wants is Eba, Rice and cold tea grin. How do i know the right quantity for him cos when he eats like 6 swallow or 6 spoons of rice he will run away. I feel he is not getting enough food.
What other solid food can i introduce?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sorry for your loss cetona
He is in a better place
May he rest in peace

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Chanbaby:
Hey mamas long time. Its mama Ekene that warn me never to come here again.

Pls my son just started refusing his cereal all he wants is Eba, Rice and cold tea grin. How do i know the right quantity for him cos when he eats like 6 swallow or 6 spoons of rice he will run away. I feel he is not getting enough food.
What other solid food can i introduce?

He is 1 year i guess? I think he will show it by like wanting to puke. It shows he is filled up.

You can also give him amala if you guys eat it, EKO with okro
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
Akorkor:

ORS is good but no to flagyl. I think she is too small for that unless if its doctor recommendation. Also, it may be that she is even teething sef. So just calm down and reduce the number of people touching her.
Hmmmm. I will stop the flagyl immediately then. I only requested ors and zinc o, the oversabi pharmacist na added flagyl. Dh was na standing, waiting for me to give her in his presence. I had to hold off on the others to come confirm here first. I suspected teething sha, but I don't want her to comot teeth yet lipsrsealed grin make she no begin bite me angry
And they said babies who bring out teeth early are usually lazy to stand or walk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ToyosiR(f): 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
Weldone mama's in the house.

How are we all doing. My lovely daughter will be 7 month tomorrow. This red thing don come now. Family planning things on ma mind....

Have anyone once have a problem with the 3 years implant method? Kindly share your experience

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Chanbaby u gat mail
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Anugod:

I wouldn't even sit near a baby with a boil so you can imagine me and my baby, you can pretend she wants to suck. You are doing too much with the flagyl, I never even gave ORS until a doctor recommended it at 8months, whenever it looks like her stomach is not okay, i just breastfeed as often as possible and it usually stops in 24hours.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
enque:
Chanbaby u gat mail

I don reply the mail
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Your DH is right. Nothing like rudeness when you will be the one dealing with treating the baby later. Just collect your baby sharply on a "she has pooed/diaper is soaked and I want to change her" p and carry your face.

Bloomingbud I learnt from other mamas here too, soon you sef will be answering questions, you're welcome

Anugod:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.