Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4432324 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Mamas come to my aid as regards this burping issue o, my children are 5 weeks old and burpingvthrm is so difficult cos it takes time before they belch which was not so before, now I get tired of running their back that I just give up in-between cos of the stress of caring for two children.

Again they have been so restless since yesterday that they don't get any meaningful sleep don't know the cause of this bit I've checked everything including temperature which seems ok, what could be wrong?.

Some babies find it hard to belch and also they keep changing pattern. Just burp and bring the wind halfway so that they can bring it up easily. I count to 100 and drop the baby lying sideways or stomach down in that way any small twisting from the baby brings up the wind.

As for restlessness, the weather is terribly hot. They could be hot, wet or even colic. Dress them lightly and change diaper often. Dont worry before you know it they will outgrow this phase. Vigilante is real for now. Dooh! The Lord is your strength Nne Ejima.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
enque:
@jazzyjazz,
if u ever call me say u de come my place, na to just rush go market go buy foodstuff cos e sure me say U'll spend all ur visiting time in d kitchen cooking for me grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You will gain 20kg if I cook for you o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
@nimi22,i meant,dipping your clean hands in cold drinking water and using it to rub his gums,before breastfeeding him,if on exclusive.
Giving a little cold water to cool his gums before feeding other meals.
Giving him cool foods and not hot meals.
It helps,if he is teething.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Mamas come to my aid as regards this burping issue o, my children are 5 weeks old and burpingvthrm is so difficult cos it takes time before they belch which was not so before, now I get tired of running their back that I just give up in-between cos of the stress of caring for two children.

Again they have been so restless since yesterday that they don't get any meaningful sleep don't know the cause of this bit I've checked everything including temperature which seems ok, what could be wrong?

imurboss I really envy you o, so now now your children are 6 months weldone ma, caring for twins is not a joke at all you need to tell me how you care for 4 children and still remain strong.
My baby does almost same,but I noticed she belches easily when she is filled but on days she is not filled and does not belch on time,I burp her for 10 minutes and lie her sideways or on her tummy.
As for restlessness it might be colic,heat or wet diapers.since I reduced my DD clothing and started allowing correct breeze touch her,she sleeps well and I lie her on the tummy too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
soonest:

Some babies find it hard to belch and also they keep changing pattern. Just burp and bring the wind halfway so that they can bring it up easily. I count to 100 and drop the baby lying sideways or stomach down in that way any small twisting from the baby brings up the wind.

As for restlessness, the weather is terribly hot. They could be hot, wet or even colic. Dress them lightly and change diaper often. Dont worry before you know it they will outgrow this phase. Vigilante is real for now. Dooh! The Lord is your strength Nne Ejima.

Thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
casler:
@nimi22,i meant,dipping your clean hands in cold drinking water and using it to rub his gums,before breastfeeding him,if on exclusive.
Giving a little cold water to cool his gums before feeding other meals.
Giving him cool foods and not hot meals.
It helps,if he is teething.

Ok. I get it now, thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ovems(f): 1:27am On Mar 16, 2018
Good morning mothers, in case of those whose offices don't register their employees for NHIS, you can still partake in the scheme for a small sum. The plan is called VCship (Voluntary Contribution something something, can't remember the full name.). In this plan, you pay 15k every year, that's even if you want to renew after one year, and you enjoy the services it offers. Just paying 10% of the total cost of the drugs. You can do it for yourself and kids but it's 15k per person.
Just thought to share , for those who can't afford to pay for full medical bills. Some HMOs used to handle this plan but I think they have stopped so now it's done by NHIS.
If interested, you can walk into any NHIS office for more info.
Disclaimer : I don't work there o, Just thought to share because of the benefits of the cost effective health plan.

8 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 5:24am On Mar 16, 2018
Good morning mamas. Pls wat can I use to cure heat rash on my DS; d things is much on him now and we are prepare for his one year birthday on Sunday. All mamas help una sister oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 16, 2018
Yippee!!! Today is beautiful mama Zaynie's birthday! smiley

Happy Birthday to you, @Zaynie.

I wish you long life and prosperity in good health.

Enjoy your day. kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 16, 2018
Hapi bday zaynie,may the Lord bless n keep u,may He make His face shine on your and give u peace.Age with grace.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:19am On Mar 16, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Yippee!!! Today is beautiful mama Zaynie's birthday! smiley

Happy Birthday to you, @Zaynie.

I wish you long life and prosperity in good health.

Enjoy your day. kiss kiss

Thanks babe. And Congrats again

Thank you Sansa143 kiss

Thank you Stephmiracle kiss

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Happy birthday Zaynie the finest
Live long and prosper ma'am

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2018
LadyPrecy:
Happy birthday Zaynie the finest
Live long and prosper ma'am

Lol.
Thanks Precy babey

Thanks Oliran.
Amin to the prayers.
Oshey maami kiss

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omonifamily(f): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2018
zaynie:
Okay for the freebies.

Pregnant mommies shift come front.
We are giving out these items to ONE mom only.
1.One Preloved Baby net/bed
2. One Preloved hooded baby blanket/ towel. Thick.
3. A set of bodysuits from Nana's Heart
4. A pair of baby shoes from Nana's Heart
5. One Preloved Bouncer
6. Preloved Nursery bathset
7. Mosquito net
8. Two small preloved flannels
9. Four preloved caps
10. One sandals for boy OR a pair of booties for a girl
11. A jar of Jumpo ori
12. A bottle of Chicco body lotion
Free delivery to anywhere in Nigeria.

Rules:
1. Member of Preggy thread and on the roll call as at February 24th 2018>>> 5 points
2. Made up to 50 posts on the thread alone as at February 24th 2018. Even if it is answering the roll call.( fight posts will not count) (for every 10 posts, you get one point)>>>>>5 points
3. Former members of the TTC thread (with evidence of being active with same account) will get extra 2 points for being special kiss
4. If you have ever had to solicit for help within or outside the Preggy, Newborn or TTC thread, 3 points will be deducted from your scores.
5. For every 10 likes you get on your post to show interest, you get one point.

To participate, simply quote this post and comment INTERESTED. (Ends on February 28th 2018)
Then solicit for likes and support to boost your points. (Counted on 18th March 2018)
Winner will be announced on March 25th 2018.

Conditions:
March moms are excluded because I'm pretty sure you have most of the listed items already and also because I don't want to be put under undue pressure of rushing to pick the winner.
So only April, May, June and July mamas are eligible for this.

Interested o. Just seeing this ma

20 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2018
sunbestie:
Good morning mamas. Pls wat can I use to cure heat rash on my DS; d things is much on him now and we are prepare for his one year birthday on Sunday. All mamas help una sister oo
Onions peel water!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2018
Happy birthday Aunty Zaynie. You look pretty

Wishing you long life and prosperity in sound health.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2018
rezzy:
Happy birthday Aunty Zaynie. You look pretty

Wishing you long life and prosperity in sound health.

Maami.....no fall my hand na.
Aunty ke? cry when I'm busy forming under 30 embarassed

Thanks and amin to the prayers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2018
Happy birthday sweet 33 16

cheesy cheesy cheesy
zaynie:

Maami.....no fall my hand na.
Aunty ke? cry when I'm busy forming under 30 embarassed

Thanks and amin to the prayers

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2018
omotolanibaby:
u can get nycil heat and antirash powder
Thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:
No powder for a 3 day old pls. It's probably baby acne. Just leave it, it will go on it's own. Welldone on not overdressing

Thank you hunniesuzie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:40am On Mar 16, 2018
Gud morning Mamas. Please btw d ring type and the traditional method of circumcision, which is better to do? And how does one care for it after its done for both types
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chili89: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2018
HBD Zaynie.. aka mom Atinuke. Age gracefully.

sunbestie:
Baby Tribotan cream.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2018
Happy Birthday zaynie. God bless and grant ur deepest desires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:46am On Mar 16, 2018
FexCathy:
Happy Birthday zaynie. God bless and grant ur deepest desires.

Thanks maami and congrats on the new born.

Thanks you Chili89. I appreciate.

Kelizosuy......please just leave me.
I don't have your power this morning. tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:47am On Mar 16, 2018
FexCathy:
Gud morning Mamas. Please btw d ring type and the traditional method of circumcision, which is better to do? And how does one care for it after its done for both types

Ring please.
Lesser chances of infection.
All you need to do is just rub penicillin or olive oil on it and wait for it to fall off. .its also waterproof.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zino89: 10:06am On Mar 16, 2018
Happy birthday zaynie wish you heavens best

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2018
zaynie:

Ring please.
All you need to do is just rub penicillin or olive oil on it and wait for it to fall off. .its also waterproof.
Happy birthday mama, may you continue to soar higher.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by charytea(f): 10:08am On Mar 16, 2018
Happy Birthday Ma'am Zaynie you are an inspiration

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2018
Thanks mamas queensnow and chili89 for responding.
Mama zaynie happy birthday to u. Age gracefully

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 10:21am On Mar 16, 2018
zaynie:

Ring please.
Tanx dear. U see one of d reasons why I secretly luv u grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mofy1(f): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2018
Please mama am back again . Lo was given measles vaccine yesterday at 9month. And before night fall she develop rash all over her body but she has normal temperature. Pls did any mother experience similar thing because I read for a sight that it usually take up to a week or more before such a thing could occur. Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 10:45am On Mar 16, 2018
sunbestie
Baby tribotan always works for us. Then dress him very lightly pls, the weather is veeerryyyy hot these days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.