Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405084 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
enque:

Bodies differ, Mr A's body may not be compatible with Mr B's FP.
One of my colleagues at work cant use Copper T IUCD cos her body reacts to it. Her Dr adviced her to go with Mirena instead (its a hormonal IUD shaped like copper T)

Pls go bk n complain if it continues

Very true ma.

I will go back next week.
Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
Droyal:

Thanks God bless.
Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Kbabes:
Hi mamas, please do they give pneumococcal at govt health centres and General hospitals? Thanks

yes they do.

that's the one they call PCV 1, PCV 2 and PCV 3 taken at 6wks, 10wks and 14wks respectively.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nimi22:

Pls what ingredients do u use for his pap?

http://mummysyum.com/7-steps-to-making-babys-brown-pap/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
This might be useful.

https://medium.com/@rebeccaobgyn/is-this-what-they-mean-by-painful-insertion-82f69c5f0d07

cc.mamas asking about IUDs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 2:18am On Mar 22, 2018
Giddyperson:
Please who went to give birth in the US and is coming home soon. Chanbaby when is your EDD, can u help me bring back my lil package

Sorted?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 2:46am On Mar 22, 2018
Kbabes:
Hi mamas, please do they give pneumococcal at govt health centres and General hospitals? Thanks
Yes they do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 3:05am On Mar 22, 2018
Anugod:
Hey mamas kiss kiss kiss

Ese pupo oo. Thanks so much to all the mamas wey chook mouth for my girl poo marra.
So finally, it wasn't the school environment hostile to her as I thought cheesy grin
We go to school conveniently now and I'm not about to loose my job anymore. cool cheesy

for vitamin c instead? How long should she take it or it's a continuous something?

Hunniesuzie kiss
Anugod,i love your dairy,you are such a great writer.,bk to your question- you should stop when you notice more improvement,trust your instinct.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 3:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Seconded@Christine77
Naomi14:
You can buy Vitamin c for the catarrh or you can try Avrolin(for babies) that's if your baby is over 3months old.

As for the Immunization site, if it's the BCG arm, leave it. But if it's the thigh that's swollen, place cold pure water in a washcloth and keep it on the site for some seconds. Morning, noon and night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:41am On Mar 22, 2018
completey:

Sorted?
Noooo, can you help?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Naomi14:
I grin
Hmmm I said USA, not Warri grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2018
Bomgirl:

Mama, please what do you mean by watery? My baby's poo is yellow and watery o. I don't know ow to describe it. I thought that's the normal texture? He's 8 weeks and is being exclusively breastfed.
EBF baby poo won't be strong, it would look like egusi soup, I think yours is the normal texture. The watery ones would run into the diaper or just look bad, when you see it you would know
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 22, 2018
Lol cheesy cheesy
Giddyperson:
Hmmm I said USA, not Warri grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2018
Giddyperson:
EBF baby poo won't be strong, it would look like egusi soup, I think yours is the normal texture. The watery ones would run into the diaper or just look bad, when you see it you would know

Exactly. It's like ofe egusi. undecided lipsrsealed
Thanks.

Curvilicious, thanks. I went to BabyCenter and checked. We are on the right track.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:01am On Mar 22, 2018
He's 5 months and not on exclusive so yes.

Nimi22:

You mean if he's sitting well without support he can take cerelac. Not the supported sitter own o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:04am On Mar 22, 2018
Stop the zinc. What I did was give my baby the Nestle water with zinc, that's what he's been drinking since birth. But I didn't do exclusive. I guess you can consider taking zinc supplements yourself so she gets it in her breastmilk

Vitamin C sef you take it and let her get in her milk. Look for breastfeeding mum supplements, they should contain all these extras

Anugod:
Hey mamas kiss kiss kiss

Ese pupo oo. Thanks so much to all the mamas wey chook mouth for my girl poo marra.
So finally, it wasn't the school environment hostile to her as I thought cheesy grin
We go to school conveniently now and I'm not about to loose my job anymore. cool cheesy

Just want to ask. Do I keep on giving her zinc tablet everyday? As the immunity booster that it is? Or I should stop and go for vitamin c instead? How long should she take it or it's a continuous something?

Hunniesuzie kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:05am On Mar 22, 2018
kwakwakwakwakwa

Giddyperson:
Please who went to give birth in the US and is coming home soon. Chanbaby when is your EDD, can u help me bring back my lil package
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by curvilicious: 8:40am On Mar 22, 2018
Mamas, plz what are the symptoms of eela? If it is eela, how do I use the leaf and for how long?
My ds hair at the crown is moorooving could it be eela? cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by curvilicious: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2018
hunniesuzie:
kwakwakwakwakwa

This mama sha cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:00am On Mar 22, 2018
hunniesuzie:
kwakwakwakwakwa

Evil spirit, with evil laugh, a problem shared is a problem half solved cheesy speaking of which, when is your cousin coming back
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pwettytemmy(f): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2018
Good morning sabi mamas. I've been a member of this thread since my first baby but I'm always too lazy to type. Ejoor emabinu.
Pls I want to rant ni oooo.
Whenever my baby is sleeping and I decide to do all manners of chores, the sound won't disturb him and he will sleep peacefully. washing machine, open and close bathroom door,sweep and mop the floor. Even the sound from the woman grinding pepper beside my house won't wake him. lemme finish all this chores and decide to lie down with him like this, he will opens his eyes. Abeg is it their sense of smell or what ? this happens a lot and keeps me wondering.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:36am On Mar 22, 2018
Hunniesuzzie, did you do party pack, how much did each one cost you, what kinda stuff did you put in it. @Enque nke gi nko, any other mamas. N/B I don't want the party pack to be too Ijebu cheesy neither do I want the type that comes in ecolac box

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:37am On Mar 22, 2018
curvilicious:
Mama Jazzyjazz, help a mom that wants to shop on aliexpress but can't. Mama I've been trying since them born me cheesy to shop there but it never ever worked for me.
What and what exactly do I need o do?

Pm me so we can chat on whatsapp
It will be easier that way
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2018
@pwettytemmy
Lol,sorry
thats part of the motherhood things.
stop laying beside him,simply look for another place to rest whenever he is sleeping,also try to get him a bed asap if you can.
this phase will pass soon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:23am On Mar 22, 2018
Giddyperson:
Hunniesuzzie, did you do party pack, how much did each one cost you, what kinda stuff did you put in it. @Enque nke gi nko, any other mamas. N/B I don't want the party pack to be too Ijebu cheesy neither do I want the type that comes in ecolac box

for my party pack, I packed - biscuits, sweets (lollipop), juice, coloring book, customized cartoon stationery set (ruler, pencil sharpener and eraser).
Forgotten d total cost
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:33am On Mar 22, 2018
undecided undecided na u put am there before u dey find something u go use to close it bikko leave his frontalle heard it takes as early as 2yrs to close tongue so far it's not sunken leave am ooooo
beautifulrosa:
Mamas in the house. Una weldone.
My son is 11 weeks today yet the gap in his forehead has not closed.

Anybody with suggestions on sth i can use to make it close fast?

Thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:47am On Mar 22, 2018
Me I did Ijebu oh, think it cost like 350-400 per pack or so, including the bag. I have one left, will snap and post when I get home. Nice bag (our birthday was lion guard themed so I got lion guard bags), 1 book (from kidco), a stuffed toy, set of pencils with sharpener and eraser, sweet, biscuit, wafers, ribena

Giddyperson:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2018
Lol, she's back already sorry

It's kuku JackieChanbaby I was laughing at

Giddyperson:
Evil spirit, with evil laugh, a problem shared is a problem half solved cheesy speaking of which, when is your cousin coming back
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:52am On Mar 22, 2018
Mama's I have Moringa powder for sale
Very good for your health and it's medicinal too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:55am On Mar 22, 2018
Giddyperson:
Party pack ideas:
Bobo
Ribena
Biscuit
Lollipop
Candies
Income
Cheese ball
Chocolates
2a leaf
Stationery set
Colouring set
Plastic cups (there are cheaper ones as low as 100bucks)
Children plate
Water bottles ( as low as 300bucks)
Colourful socks
Toys

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:57am On Mar 22, 2018
enque:

for my party pack, I packed - biscuits, sweets (lollipop), juice, coloring book, customized cartoon stationery set (ruler, pencil sharpener and eraser).
Forgotten d total cost
kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2018
That should b cradle cap.Apply oil(coconut or olive-enuf to soak)use a wide toothed comb n comb.It will come off.
curvilicious:
Mamas, plz what are the symptoms of eela? If it is eela, how do I use the leaf and for how long?
My ds hair at the crown is moorooving could it be eela? cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.