Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4428930 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tutulicious(f): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
arbbiegold:

I hope it's original o. I need something extra... wink

my dear even me hope is so oh one of my contact sent it to me too and said it was real.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tutulicious(f): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
eribooboo:
Pls what is it about

online job
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
iaatmgirl:
Evening mamas,

Pls don't say my question is irrelevant, I assume some mamas have had the issue before.

I know that it's written on baby's formula that the content should be discarded after 4 weeks of opening but I'm really wondering if the content can be used by someone else not necessarily baby especially in a situation where it's still practically full after 4 weeks.

For example, if I drink/lick it, would it affect baby or what if an older child makes use of it? Is it that the formula gets spoilt or it's just no longer at premium quality for a baby?

My ijebu side is asking so I can determine what size of formula to buy. I give my lo formula once or twice in a day so I'm concerned about what if it remains or I should increase his intake to avoid waste.?

the reason for the consume by date of 4 weeks from opening is for hygiene and sterility reasons not necessarily because the formula will go bad.

The formula is packaged in sterile conditions and that is guaranteed until it is opened as long as it is within its expiry date. once anything is opened it tends to harbour germs, and after 4 weeks they cannot guarantee its conditions. so there is a risk there which some parents are not prepared to take, although some may use it up to 7 days past that 4 week date.

You can increase intake to avoid waste, also depending on the age of the baby, just 1 or two feed a day will use up a tin of formular!. i introduced formular at 7 months and a tin lasted me 1 month with only one - two 210ml feeds per day with the 800g cardboard tin with plastic cover.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2018
DocAdray:

Essay loading... LOL
Love how you reply in details momma.

LOL!! i have repented. i dont write epistles again! tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
Cc: FloraEc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
Forevergirl:

Abeg mama did you eat the sesame seeds or soaked it in water?

I made it together with oats,sometimes seperately.
Then i used it as egusi twice to cook soup.made madass sense

My colleague was helping me buy from shagamu market very cheap 200percup.

But ask dose guys selling beans,corn,grains.they should know.the local name is beni seed

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:

For the fenugreek seeds, soak it over night by then it will be soft because the seed is very hard. Then you chew it like that, it is somehow bitter and not pleasant to the tongue but this method works faster. This is out of experience. Back then before I got married I wanted to use a natural way to increase my cup size b**bs *covers face* grin grin *removes hand from face* why shall I shy biko?
So I did research and stumbled on fenugreek that was how I started munching the seeds daily and drinking the oil as well but instead of b**bs to increase I started lactating o. Lactating kwa! when am not pregnant or breastfeeding? I had to stop

Yu say what cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 12:06am On Jul 24, 2018
Good morning, on this fenugreek seed, read somewhere on it has side effects,its bad for the baby.
Please those that have used it, did it affect your little one in anyway?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 6:17am On Jul 24, 2018
Nimi22:

When my baby just started eating formula he didn't finish the tin after four weeks it still remained up to like half tin, dh just poured everything inside gari one day that was 3 months ago nothing happened to him.

smiley thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 6:41am On Jul 24, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

the reason for the consume by date of 4 weeks from opening is for hygiene and sterility reasons not necessarily because the formula will go bad.

The formula is packaged in sterile conditions and that is guaranteed until it is opened as long as it is within its expiry date. once anything is opened it tends to harbour germs, and after 4 weeks they cannot guarantee its conditions. so there is a risk there which some parents are not prepared to take, although some may use it up to 7 days past that 4 week date.

You can increase intake to avoid waste, also depending on the age of the baby, just 1 or two feed a day will use up a tin of formular!. i introduced formular at 7 months and a tin lasted me 1 month with only one - two 210ml feeds per day with the 800g cardboard tin with plastic cover.

Thank you mama

I understand it better. My lo is 8weeks and our tin is 900g. Maybe I should stick to 2ce daily, that way, we are sure to finish it in 4 weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Jaygrl:
Hey mamas,I recently went for a seminar by Wyeth company the producers of SMA gold(formula). We were told that the new SMA in the market has been reformulated and another nutrient had been added. Most formulas are 1level scoop of milk to 30mls of water, they said after the reformulation 1level scoop of milk is now to 60mls of water. So please those that use SMA should kindly confirm this. If the milk isn't mixed properly with the right quantity of water it could make the baby constipated.

Thank you mama for the info. The one I started with is 1scoop for 60mls. I'm not familiar with the old one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by redsocks(f): 7:24am On Jul 24, 2018
Mamas good morning.
Please has anyone received prescription of piriton 3 times daily for baby. I just noticed it.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ara18: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2018
booqee:
happy birthday cutie. God bless you

Amen, thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Forevergirl: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
rofemiguwa:

I made it together with oats,sometimes seperately.
Then i used it as egusi twice to cook soup.made madass sense

My colleague was helping me buy from shagamu market very cheap 200percup.

But ask dose guys selling beans,corn,grains.they should know.the local name is beni seed

Thank you mama, I will look for it here in Abuja.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautyuche: 1:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
lady25:

My sister I take God beg you when you find a way abeg tell me about it.... i want twins next anyway anyhow sef.....Please o biko

I am with you both Biko when you find a way let me know too.

I hear it has to be in the family lineage also with older women too.Most times older women produce multiple eggs too. But I want now not when i am older.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
Noted for later

Sansa143:
Clears throat
Where my lagos mamas at
Dis one is for you
Giddyper.son,zay.nie,e.nque,hunni.esuzzie etal
So things are cheap down here in the north,bin thinking about dis for a while.Incase your guys will need anything ranging from veges,tomatoes,beans,irish etc.I can help you guys do that.If u guys are interested,let me knw so we can discuss proper.Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
No oh. Not that I know of, can you call the hospital to double check?

redsocks:
Mamas good morning.
Please has anyone received prescription of piriton 3 times daily for baby. I just noticed it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
tutulicious:

online job

It's a scam. They just use you get traffic to their site n thats all, all those money you see na virtual wen u no go fit withdraw oo.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
Sansa143:
Clears throat
Where my lagos mamas at
Dis one is for you
Giddyperson,zaynie,enque,hunniesuzzie etal
So things are cheap down here in the north,bin thinking about dis for a while.Incase your guys will need anything ranging from veges,tomatoes,beans,irish etc.I can help you guys do that.If u guys are interested,let me knw so we can discuss proper.Thanks

Being following one thread like that for pepper. Abeg how much be pepper for your side? Tomatoes, Irish? Cheapest place for irish is jos. What of dry pepper?

Cc Godmercy2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunnp(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
Good day mothers in the house,
Please how can one boost low white blood cells(child), what best drug, food to eat, please any one experience it before with his children?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dacutebaby: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ehimeomo:

Was only worried that she's too small/tiny for this. Thanks nevertheless!

Sleep also helps newborns in adding weight, my son was only 2.8kg he sleeps more than he eats @6weeks now the difference is very clear, the cloth I wore for him the first day is now tight for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
Going for a survey b4 the week runs out,will update u on the price
olubankemi:

Being following one thread like that for pepper. Abeg how much be pepper for your side? Tomatoes, Irish? Cheapest place for irish is jos. What of dry pepper?

Cc Godmercy2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by redsocks(f): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
hunniesuzie:
No oh. Not that I know of, can you call the hospital to double check?

Thanks ma. I will just give once. Phone lines are not connecting.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ara18: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
imurboss:

Happy birthday Lasire, grow in knowledge, wisdom and understanding. congratulations mum and dad

Thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ara18: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
Licious07:

Happy Birthday Lasire. God bless you beautiful!

Amen thank you. Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ara18: 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Goodday mamas, pls o, now that my sisi has turned one pls I need food Ideas and also can she take custard now, how about tea? Also what's your take on peak 123? TIA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Have you asked a paed or even gen. doc?
sunnp:
Good day mothers in the house,
Please how can one boost low white blood cells(child), what best drug, food to eat, please any one experience it before with his children?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:

For the fenugreek seeds, soak it over night by then it will be soft because the seed is very hard. Then you chew it like that, it is somehow bitter and not pleasant to the tongue but this method works faster. This is out of experience. Back then before I got married I wanted to use a natural way to increase my cup size b**bs *covers face* grin grin *removes hand from face* why shall I shy biko?
So I did research and stumbled on fenugreek that was how I started munching the seeds daily and drinking the oil as well but instead of b**bs to increase I started lactating o. Lactating kwa! when am not pregnant or breastfeeding? I had to stop

Lolzz, big boobs noni.

Thanks dear, I'll try it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
angeltolly:
Cc: flora ex
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
tutulicious:
Hello mothers I came across this and thought to share, if you are interested in an online job, check my signature.

I sent you a pm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
Sansa143:
Going for a survey b4 the week runs out,will update u on the price

Please i'm interested in the update of the price too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
No p dear.Will mention u wen I do
imurboss:

Please i'm interested in the update of the price too

(1) (2) (3) ... (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.