Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396352 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good evening mamas..

My princess has been coughing since we came back from the hospital last month. The thing is she coughs basically at the middle of the night till morning but doesn't cough during the day. I gave her cefuroxime last week and it's still persisting. I dunno if I should give take her back there or just leave it since it's just night.
Please any Home remedy for cough?

Zaynie's palm + sugar mixture works for me... Since my hospital doesn't gv cough syrup t babies less than 3yrs.

Easy on the antibiotics tho, i hope they were on doctor's prescription?

If still if doubt, u can take her bk t d hospital

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good evening mamas..

My princess has been coughing since we came back from the hospital last month. The thing is she coughs basically at the middle of the night till morning but doesn't cough during the day. I gave her cefuroxime last week and it's still persisting. I dunno if I should give take her back there or just leave it since it's just night.
Pls always cover her properly specially at night.this is raining season and it get extremely cold at midnight..for me I use mentholated to rub my DD's armpit, chest and feet when she sleeps at night.it stops gradually.

But you can as well take her back to hospital for checkup to clear your doubt

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nuggacity: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dear Mamas

I am new here and a FTM, please kindly respond to my questions please
1. My 7 weeks old son fell from a height of about 4 feet, I took him to the hospital and the doctor simply carried him and said he is fine, please is there something else I need
to do

2. When mixing baby food must I follow the instructions as stated or make it a bit watery to avoid constipation.

Please sabi mamas help me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by arbbiegold(f): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
rvpbae:

At all, 8weeks isn't late. A woman came with her son for first dose and he was 6months.

Thanks ma'am. God bless you and yours.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:14am On Jul 23, 2018
nuggacity:
Dear Mamas

1. My 7 weeks old son fell from a height of about 4 feet, I took him to the hospital and the doctor simply carried him and said he is fine, please is there something else I need
to do

2. When mixing baby food must I follow the instructions as stated or make it a bit watery to avoid constipation.

1) if doc say not to worry den be calm but u can press part of his body to know if he's feeling pains like press his head, fold his arm or leg shey u get? Check his body very well for any swollen .. better still u can massage his body with hot water then rub menthol all over
2) if it says 3scoop for 250ml u can make it 2 scoop I think that was what I did wen my baby was around that age..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:28am On Jul 23, 2018
In my opinion u can give her antimalarial and apply ori for d swollen or medicated powder.
booqee:
Woke up this morning and saw some mosquito bites all over my my baby arms and legs which I suspect must have been trapped in her cot net despite fleeting, hence the multiple bites on her arms and legs. Do I need to take her to Hospital, she doesnt appear uncomfortable though. And how do I clear up these red swelling.. Never seen this kind thing before, its so much. embarassed

I read on this thread just now, some hundreds of pages back here, (I think yr 2013), that it's a waste of time going to the paed to Complain because of mosquito bites. Just need more views. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nuggacity: 12:31am On Jul 23, 2018
queensnow:

1) if doc say not to worry den be calm but u can press part of his body to know if he's feeling pains like press his head, fold his arm or leg shey u get? Check his body very well for any swollen .. better still u can massage his body with hot water then rub menthol all over
2) if it says 3scoop for 250ml u can make it 2 scoop I think that was what I did wen my baby was around that age..

Thank you Ma, God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 2:32am On Jul 23, 2018
Car seat at a giveaway price
Price is 10k. Has base and can serve as carrier outside the car.
Location is Isolo Lagos.
Call or watsapp me on 07034853820

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good evening mamas..

I think this is cuz the weather gets really cold at night these days. Now we sleep with all the windows closed and I still cover Giddybaby with wrapper. Try to keep her warm at night if you ain't doing that already and give Vit C too.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ehimeomo(f): 8:11am On Jul 23, 2018
Good day mothers in the house. I'm a new & ftm & also new to this thread. I have a 2weeks old baby who sleeps all thru the night without waking up to eat & its getting me scared & worried as I've been told that babies her age are supposed to eat every 2-3hrs. No matter what method I try to engage her - play, change diaper, force breast & feeding bottle, she wouldn't budge. I'm quite worried & depressed because she was born quite small. I breastfeed & also complement with formula. I'm quite worried because she still has same physique as we brought her home 2wks ago. Mothers, please what should I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2018
Giddyperson:

After 4 weeks it still pretty much tastes the same so I only stop it for baby and I and my hubby's nieces would take over.

Thank you for your response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2018
Ehimeomo:
Good day mothers in the house. I'm a new & ftm & also new to this thread. I have a 2weeks old baby who sleeps all thru the night without waking up to eat & its getting me scared & worried as I've been told that babies her age are supposed to eat every 2-3hrs. No matter what method I try to engage her - play, change diaper, force breast & feeding bottle, she wouldn't budge. I'm quite worried & depressed because she was born quite small. I breastfeed & also complement with formula. I'm quite worried because she still has same physique as we brought her home 2wks ago. Mothers, please what should I do?

Worry less my dear. Your LO may not be a night eater. Just make sure you feed her well during the day and at night.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2018
nuggacity:
Dear Mamas

to do

Firstly, if you have this light balm(cant remember name now) or shear butter, you can use it to rub his body(Please do it lightly after warm bath). You may also give paracetamol to avoid pain.

2. Let the baby food be water to avoid constipation as you stated and follow the instruction on the tin.

All the best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nuggacity: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2018
Akorkor:

Firstly, if you have this light balm(cant remember name now) or shear butter, you can use it to rub his body(Please do it lightly after warm bath). You may also give paracetamol to avoid pain.

2. Let the baby food be water to avoid constipation as you stated and follow the instruction on the tin.

All the best

Thank you Ma, I really appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ttomexy(f): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ehimeomo:

Please stop worrying, the baby will be fine,just feed her well during the day and you can also carry her at night put the breast in her mouth.

A beg enjoy this season oo because they change a lot oo,vigilante is real

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
iaatmgirl:
Evening mamas,

Pls don't say my question is irrelevant, I assume some mamas have had the issue before.

I know that it's written on baby's formula that the content should be discarded after 4 weeks of opening but I'm really wondering if the content can be used by someone else not necessarily baby especially in a situation where it's still practically full after 4 weeks.

For example, if I drink/lick it, would it affect baby or what if an older child makes use of it? Is it that the formula gets spoilt or it's just no longer at premium quality for a baby?

My ijebu side is asking so I can determine what size of formula to buy. I give my lo formula once or twice in a day so I'm concerned about what if it remains or I should increase his intake to avoid waste.?

When my baby just started eating formula he didn't finish the tin after four weeks it still remained up to like half tin, dh just poured everything inside gari one day that was 3 months ago nothing happened to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ara18: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
Whew!!! *clears cobwebs* planning a birthday isn't a small task especially when working on a really tight budget, but God Took total control the party was sooo lit, not only the kids had fun, the adults also even the grand/greatgrandparents weren't left out... The dj was 110% on point...I mean a year old birthday party ended at 11pm mehn!!! we are still taking gifts, thanks to those that reached out, I so appreciate....LASIRE IS 1

24 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adadinmaa(f): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
Giddyperson:
Since she has old people's tastebuds, She'd probably accept August secrets cereals, with crayfish. Try that if you havent already
Thanks Mama, I will try it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2018
booqee:
Woke up this morning and saw some mosquito bites all over my my baby arms and legs which I suspect must have been trapped in her cot net despite fleeting, hence the multiple bites on her arms and legs. Do I need to take her to Hospital, she doesnt appear uncomfortable though. And how do I clear up these red swelling.. Never seen this kind thing before, its so much. embarassed

I read on this thread just now, some hundreds of pages back here, (I think yr 2013), that it's a waste of time going to the paed to Complain because of mosquito bites. Just need more views. Thanks
No need to worry. It'll clear. I wish you saw that mosquito so you could squash it wella. No need to give her antimalaria. You could apply ori on d swelling or mix it with mentholatum.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
nuggacity:
Dear Mamas

to do

Since Doc says he's fine, then no need to worry unless you notice that he's running temperature or crying when touched. As for baby food, you can follow d instruction as stated and pls give water afterwards.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
ara18:
Whew!!! *clears cobwebs* planning a birthday isn't a small task especially when working on a really tight budget, but God Took total control the party was sooo lit, not only the kids had fun, the adults also even the grand/greatgrandparents weren't left out... The dj was 110% on point...I mean a year old birthday party ended at 11pm mehn!!! we are still taking gifts, thanks to those that reached out, I so appreciate....LASIRE IS 1

Happy Birthday Lasire. God bless you beautiful!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
ara18:

Happy birthday Lasire, grow in knowledge, wisdom and understanding. congratulations mum and dad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Thegoodlife300: 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2018
Sabi mama's happy new week to everyone.

Please can I gv my 2months 3days old baby pap? If yes how to I prepare it and what quantity is safe to gv him?
Thank you in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
Thegoodlife300:

Please can I gv my 2months 3days old baby pap? If yes how to I prepare it and what quantity is safe to gv him?
Thank you in advance.
2months and 3days is still quite young for pap in my opinion. Why not give baby formula in place of the pap at least until baby is 4months old then you start baby with millet/guinea corn. But ideally semi solids/solids should start by 6months.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
Thegoodlife300:

Thank you in advance.

You can wait till about 4mths + before introducing light pap,in the meantime you can introduce formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hey mamas,I recently went for a seminar by Wyeth company the producers of SMA gold(formula). We were told that the new SMA in the market has been reformulated and another nutrient had been added. Most formulas are 1level scoop of milk to 30mls of water, they said after the reformulation 1level scoop of milk is now to 60mls of water. So please those that use SMA should kindly confirm this. If the milk isn't mixed properly with the right quantity of water it could make the baby constipated.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Thegoodlife300: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2018
Jaygrl:
2months and 3days is still quite young for pap in my opinion. Why not give baby formula in place of the pap at least until baby is 4months old then you start baby with millet/guinea corn. But ideally semi solids/solids should start by 6months.

Thank you, will do so.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Kindly give baby pap(very light) from 4 months.

Jaygrl:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
Clears throat
Where my lagos mamas at
Dis one is for you
Giddyperson,zaynie,enque,hunniesuzzie etal
So things are cheap down here in the north,bin thinking about dis for a while.Incase your guys will need anything ranging from veges,tomatoes,beans,irish etc.I can help you guys do that.If u guys are interested,let me knw so we can discuss proper.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hello mums, your order for your home made pap. We make white, yellow, guinea corn, millet and mixture of yellow, guinea corn and millet.We can also make to your specifications. Just call bigmummy on 0805712505.[color=#990000][/color]

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
Mama's that took fenugreek, please how many times in a day did you took it.
Did you prepare and took everything at once?
Did it work immediately?

rofemiguwa
enque
Roseey0
iomoge2

Any other mom that took it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maradelkitchen(f): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2018
Sansa143:
Clears throat
So things are cheap down here in the north,bin thinking about dis for a while.Incase your guys will need anything ranging from veges,tomatoes,beans,irish etc.I can help you guys do that.If u guys are interested,let me knw so we can discuss proper.Thanks

Waoo.like you read my mind

I actually thought about this on Saturday.

Let me pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.