Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395561 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithababy(f): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2018
Good morning, mama
Please which works better....... Chlorxy-G gel or cotton wool and methylated spirit
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummydd: 10:02am On Aug 11, 2018
tabithababy:
Good morning, mama
Please which works better....... Chlorxy-G gel or cotton wool and methylated spirit

I used Chkorxy G and my LOs navel fell under 4 days using only once a day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 11:16am On Aug 11, 2018
Good day all.

Please what quantity of food should a seven month old be eating daily? I don't know if am underfeeding my lo. He eats around 150ml of pap or cerelac plus breast milk daily. Is that okay?

Second, who knows what can drive Wall geckos from the house?

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sammybabelious: 11:33am On Aug 11, 2018
Pls give him more food,If he tolerate it,den u will know he still needs More.
Then for the wall geckos, the DIY .use garlic, peel, den blend or pound,den mix with water..not plenty water ooo..it drives away mosquito, n other insects...etc.
Thank me later
nahzyla:
Good day all.

Please what quantity of food should a seven month old be eating daily? I don't know if am underfeeding my lo. He eats around 150ml of pap or cerelac plus breast milk daily. Is that okay?

Thanks

3 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2018
nahzyla:
Good day all.

Thanks
I don't think you are over feeding, if he's full he won't take more, lucky you sha I'm still praying for my almost 3 year old to eat .

Wall gecko wack it whenever you see any once they realise they are in danger of death they will keep off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2018
Greetings to everyone.. You mamas are doing a great job here...

For the mama asking about BCG, my baby took a 2nd dose and the scar is showing now.

In other news, how do babies differentiate meat and the likes from normal food? My baby will not eat her food again once she sights meat even when I try tricking her she'll spit it out. It baffles me o.

Again, she doesn't like food..., like after 5 spoons she loses interest. I can't point any food and say she loovess it. She's healthy but not adding weight in my eyes (only her feet seems to.. Lol). The matter tire me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
Liftedhands:
I don't think you are over feeding, if he's full he won't take more, lucky you sha I'm still praying for my almost 3 year old to eat .

Wall gecko wack it whenever you see any once they realise they are in danger of death they will keep off.

Thanks, that's how I feed him, I keep giving till he starts protesting but I searched online before and saw some mothers on other sites saying their baby eats 240ml daily so I said let me ask here.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
We create beautiful phoney milestone for kids.

You can use our phoney milestone on any social media platform without any problem.

Let create an amazing memory for you and your kids. ��������

It is affordable than boards.

Kindly follow us on Instagram @phoneymilestone

To order for yours..........send us a message on WhatsApp 08062989084.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
Sammybabelious:

Pls give him more food,If he tolerate it,den u will know he still needs More.
Then for the wall geckos, the DIY .use garlic, peel, den blend or pound,den mix with water..not plenty water ooo..it drives away mosquito, n other insects...etc.
Thank me later

I tried the garlic method, but I mixed it with salt. The useless thing was still in the room that night I put garlic.
I just hate them so much, they irritate me.
I guess next time I will just add only water.
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Thank you Iya Ibeji Bloomingbud! You're doing an awesome job, see thier cheeks

God bless them

Comman hug me I want twin girls next

I hug you with my body soul and spirit, twin girls must come your way. Thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
Janmon:
Nursing mothers ,how do you handle too much Breast milk flow?

I envy you o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by abbeycom101(m): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
Good day all

My 2 weeks old baby is having little little bleeding from the stomach button (navel) , we have tried cotton wool and methylated spirit severally but no it did not stop, and am not really happy about this, mothers/parents in the house should tell me what to do, GOD bless you all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2018
OK nobody told me that when ones baby is crying, it will be difficult to concentrate on what one is doing. Whenever MIL is bathing my baby and she starts to cry, I have to grab her even before she finish dressing her up. I will stylishly tell her to give me mY baby that I will finish dressing her myself after breastfeeding. So a scenario happened this morning I was in the kitchen cooking I told my dh to assist grandma bathe baby...in the process, baby started crying I came out from the kitchen not feeling comfortable with the cry. DH and MIL told me to go and finish my work that i should allow her cry and if baby didn't cry while in the hospital, it won't have ended in praise and the doctors wouldn't have given her to me. I dont know what came over me i think i went crazy for a moment...shouted back at them that I can't concentrate when baby starts to cry. embarassed embarassed embarassed They started laughing at me.

Also, I find out that even when tired and exhausted, I always find the strength from nowhere to carry or care for my baby whenever she is in need. Motherhood is divine, fun and interesting. My respect for women all over the world just tripled. Mothers deserve special gifts and award everyday especially mothers that have many children, twins, triplets etc...I wonder how they did it. shocked shocked shocked

Sorry for the rant and please ignore any typo error.

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bettybeauty: 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
Pls take the baby to the hospital for proper examination please
abbeycom101:
Good day all

My 2 weeks old baby is having little little bleeding from the stomach button (navel) , we have tried cotton wool and methylated spirit severally but no it did not stop, and am not really happy about this, mothers/parents in the house should tell me what to do, GOD bless you all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
abbeycom101:
Good day all

Hospital please never heard of this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2018
abbeycom101:
Good day all

The bleeding did not stop ke, please straight to the hospital. It happened with my baby but it was more like stain, we used hot water then rub with mentholatum after which i didnt see any stain of blood again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chiforall: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Hospital please never heard of this.
Mama's in the house good evening, I experienced this for two of my kids navel, please don't clean that area with methylated spirit again nor use hot water on it when bathing the baby, just allow blood to clot and seal the hole.You can still seek doctors advise.
Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2018
StrongWoman333:
OK nobody told me that when ones baby is crying, it will be difficult to concentrate on what one is doing. Whenever MIL is bathing my baby and she starts to cry, I have to grab her even before she finish dressing her up. I will stylishly tell her to give me mY baby that I will finish dressing her myself after breastfeeding. So a scenario happened this morning I was in the kitchen cooking I told my dh to assist grandma bathe baby...in the process, baby started crying I came out from the kitchen not feeling comfortable with the cry. DH and MIL told me to go and finish my work that i should allow her cry and if baby didn't cry while in the hospital, it won't have ended in praise and the doctors wouldn't have given her to me. I dont know what came over me i think i went crazy for a moment...shouted back at them that I can't concentrate when baby starts to cry. embarassed embarassed embarassed They started laughing at me.

Also, I find out that even when tired and exhausted, I always find the strength from nowhere to carry or care for my baby whenever she is in need. Motherhood is divine, fun and interesting. My respect for women all over the world just tripled. Mothers deserve special gifts and award everyday especially mothers that have many children, twins, triplets etc...I wonder how they did it. shocked shocked shocked

You need to see how am smiling here like head of fish at this ur rant. If u see how i always guide my baby like mother hen ehhh if not for tiredness and dis human frame i wouldnt mind carrying baby all by myself all day cos i feel no one knows how to care for my baby except me.
Mothers are indeed great.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chiforall: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
@ abbeycom101
Mama's in the house good evening, I experienced this for two of my kids navel, please don't clean that area with methylated spirit again nor use hot water on it when bathing the baby, just allow blood to clot and seal the hole.You can still seek doctors advise.
Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
Mamas pls patronize this small girl. I have cute baby girl/boy accessories for sale. Super affordable!
Headbands - N500
Booties - N1000
Headband and bootie set - N1500
Plain turbans - N1000
Turban with sequence - N1200

They come in different sizes from 0-24 months. They can also be custom made to fit your taste. If you require a matching mom and daughter set, it can also be done.
Lots of designs are available! Discount on bulk orders

IG: www.instagram.com/hansandgaby
Whatsapp: 07039796890

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
StrongWoman333:
OK nobody told me that when ones baby is crying, it will be difficult to concentrate on what one is doing.

Hehehehe. I only experienced this with my first baby. Now my heart is strong. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ayauche:

You need to see how am smiling here like head of fish at this ur rant. If u see how i always guide my baby like mother hen ehhh if not for tiredness and dis human frame i wouldnt mind carrying baby all by myself all day cos i feel no one knows how to care for my baby except me.
Mothers are indeed great.
Exactly same here. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
mitchyy:

Hehehehe. I only experienced this with my first baby. Now my heart is strong. Lol
You mean it will get better with the second? I hope so sad

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
nahzyla:
Good day all.

Thanks
I read somewhere that if you crush garlic and mix with salt and leave at the corners of your wall, they will disappear.
Personally I haven't gotten round to trying them as they always disappear when I have garlic at home only to reappear when I stock out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
You are blessed your baby will even take 150ml. My LO suddenly stopped taking cereal and will only take a little pap less than 50ml. Out of food options. She takes a bit of everything after a regular morsel of swallow she's done. The only thing she took well were jar foods which am now out of stock and don't intend buying more....e too cost. Thinking of starting her on multivitamins to up her intake

nahzyla:
Good day all.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2018
Trendytessy:

For the mama asking about BCG, my baby took a 2nd dose and the scar is showing now.

In other news, how do babies differentiate meat and the likes from normal food? My baby will not eat her food again once she sights meat even when I try tricking her she'll spit it out. It baffles me o.

Again, she doesn't like food..., like after 5 spoons she loses interest. I can't point any food and say she loovess it. She's healthy but not adding weight in my eyes (only her feet seems to.. Lol). The matter tire me
lol thats my son ekene for you o! What I do is dish the food without any meat, I give him once he has eaten the little he eats.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
nahzyla:
Good day all.

Thanks

I don't think you are. Is he gaining weight? You can offer more and see if he will accept.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
cutiereborn:

I read somewhere that if you crush garlic and mix with salt and leave at the corners of your wall, they will disappear.
Personally I haven't gotten round to trying them as they always disappear when I have garlic at home only to reappear when I stock out.
thanks dear. The garlic and salt thing is what i do presently.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
Trendytessy:

My dd does that too... Solution is to give meat after food else she won't eat.

If she's eating 5 spoons satisfactorily, make sure its 5 spoons of a very balanced diet.
My daughter is a slim kid who has lots of mood swings when it comes to food so i make sure d lil she eats is well cooked. When u carry her, u go feel d weight.

I n DH were very slim as kids so we wanna assume her stature is hereditary.

I also placed her on a daily multivitamin syrup (u may need t ask ur Dr to recommend) just so my mind is at rest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
cutiereborn:

Lol

Sharp geckos.... Dt one na PJ mask gecko grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ilyfavoured:
You are blessed your baby will even take 150ml. My LO suddenly stopped taking cereal and will only take a little pap less than 50ml. Out of food options. She takes a bit of everything after a regular morsel of swallow she's done. The only thing she took well were jar foods which am now out of stock and don't intend buying more....e too cost. Thinking of starting her on multivitamins to up her intake

Its in foreign forums where i saw oyibo moms claiming their babies eat 30ml six or seven times a day that made me start wondering o.
I dont want to underfeed cos someone said its important to feed them well at their baby stage when they are still developing physically and mentally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.