Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421641 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzystores: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
Goodevening beautiful Mum's!!! Pls I need ur advice.my two years old daughter is very hyperactive right from birth. She hardly sleeps,always playing. Because of her activeness she is looking very slim. Pls is there any milk dat is high in calories or any other thing I can give to her to make her add a Lil flesh. Aleast before skool resumes?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beatiegirl(f): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello people,
Please I need someone who have had the experience to advice me on this. How did you overcome it.

My baby is 11 weeks old, and eats about 2 Oz/ 60 ml per feed (which is quite small). Any attempt for her to consume more, she coughs and throws up heavily.

When she was below 5 weeks old, she consumed 4 Oz/ 120 ml per feed without issues of vomiting.

I have given her multivitamin (abidec), yet no improved feeding.
She is agile, happy and big for her age. No fever

I'm really worried about the vomiting.

Plz. assist
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweetose(f): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Thanks mamas for taking your time to answer me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
beatiegirl:
Hello people,
Please I need someone who have had the experience to advice me on this. How did you overcome it.

My baby is 11 weeks old, and eats about 2 Oz/ 60 ml per feed (which is quite small). Any attempt for her to consume more, she coughs and throws up heavily.

When she was below 5 weeks old, she consumed 4 Oz/ 120 ml per feed without issues of vomiting.

Plz. assist

Since she is 'agile, happy and big' for her age like you said I'll say just let her be and follow her feeding pattern. I have a six months plus daughter that still struggles with 75mls while her twin bro finishes 250mls at a go but I can't force her to take more if not she will throw it up.
It might be growth spurts with time she will eat better.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
suzystores:
Goodevening beautiful Mum's!!! Pls I need ur advice.my two years old daughter is very hyperactive right from birth. She hardly sleeps,always playing. Because of her activeness she is looking very slim. Pls is there any milk dat is high in calories or any other thing I can give to her to make her add a Lil flesh. Aleast before skool resumes?

Is this our worry worry mama Suzy?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:49am On Sep 01, 2018
zaynie:

Na wa for you!!!!!!!!

I don find you tire angry sad angry
Sending you a pm now.
Better respond or I'm sending Ryan and Bryan to smack your bombom for me tongue
Picks race.
How is you mammy?
I missed you and your diary loads.
kiss kiss.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nancyij(f): 12:58am On Sep 01, 2018
Sisiyemisi:
Gooday Mamas,a family friend has cans of Enfamil 12.9oz(366g) for sale @ giveaway price, Expiry Date is September 2019. You can pm me or drop your number for whatsapp communication. PS: One mama here complained she couldnt afford formula for her baby and was asking if she can give only pap.whoever knows her username should pls mention her in this post so I can get in touch with her. Thanks
I am the person ma.....Good morning mummy's here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 1:35am On Sep 01, 2018
FloraEC:

We're good dear
This your Mia long oo, how's work? Don't disappear again abeg
Nnem, I wont.
I missed you and your BA. How is your boo boo doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 2:41am On Sep 01, 2018
beatiegirl:
Hello people,

Plz. assist

It's her way of giving up the excess esp when there is no fever or she's not easily irritable or excessively crying....

She's big for her age that means she's adding weight....

Weight gain and wet diapers are the surest way of knowing if babies are getting enough.....

Just give her what she can consume n watch her weight gain... And the vomiting...
It should go with time

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:44am On Sep 01, 2018
helovesme:

I do not think the advice from the physiotherapist is the best.

Waiting till a child is a year old is rather too long.

bone related injuries heal very quickly in babies, so the earlier the problem is diagnosed/rectified, the better.

if there is pain/discomfort/swelling, it might actually be a fracture (tiny bone fractures occur in babies) and he might need a leg x-ray to determine the nature of the fracture and if he needs a cast.

i think you should take your baby immediately to a doctor/paediatrician, who would most likely recommend an x-ray. the x-ray is then reviewed by a radiologist before it is then referred back to the doctor or orthopaedist. consultation with a physiotherapist is further down the chain of events and may not even be required at all.

its possible your chain is in pain and might require pain relief but then again, that will be determined by the doctor.

Ṣeé who decided to speak up cheesy
How are you and the kids?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 4:54am On Sep 01, 2018
StrongWoman333:
I wash constantly o during bath time in the mornings but I don't wash in the evening. Do you wash morning and night? The cradle cap is gone though but it did some damage on the hair. sad
Just morning
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 5:26am On Sep 01, 2018
Ubiero:
Dear Sabi Mamas,

I have called a physio and he asked me to come with my baby so he can see the leg. Though he mentioned that they don't really do much until a baby is around a year old.

Will give updates as we go.

Thank you all.

Mama let me just tell you what worked for me even though it's unconventional.

My daughter's immunisation site always come back swollen. She is an active baby, so once she is in pain you will know. That area will hurt so much, even to wear diaper will be a problem. She won't stand firmly or stretch. In our case the 2 legs are always affected.

What we did.
Hot water massage. Hot like the newborn hot water massage. She will cry, yes, but after a while, it will all be over. Secondly. I massaged. Yes,unconventional but I did. Mentolatum mixed with ori. Yes she will cry o, but after some days of applying pressure there, she will start using her legs.

I was team no massage as recommended . 0ur 6weeks swelling lingered for so long, I couldn't do anything. When MIL came and saw it, she cried that day thinking my baby was already paralysed ( one of my SIL is disabled because of an injection gone wrong before her 1yr birthday) So I understood her fear.
She started the hot water massage and in 2 days, my baby's swelling came down and she started to use both legs.
So I did same for her 10 weeks and 14weeks. Even now, the koko for 14weeks injection is still there in one leg, but the swelling has gone and she is actively stretching both legs.

Like I said
This is unconventional but this is equally what worked for me.
My2cent

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sisiyemisi: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2018
nancyij:
I am the person ma.....Good morning mummy's here
ok ma,will chat you up shortly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2018
gabby18:

Anugod u don turn monitoring spirit cheesy
Meanwhile ur lil girl is soooo cute...baby girl belle started hungying me after viewing her pics...
U sef pls its high time u gave her a younger one tongue tongue tongue
Abeg plenty baby dust fall on you, catcham! Catcham! Me I dodge am for now o tongue

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2018
Nimi22:

Cole loves playing alone for now, it is Anubaby that needs a brother grin
Only if you will agree to comman kollect her lemme rest, then I'll agree. E better make you handle two of them make I handle only pregnancy tongue tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 7:38am On Sep 01, 2018
Meanwhile, HAPPY NEW MONTH FAM!! kiss kiss kiss

May the entrance of the Ember months usher us into greatness beyond what we ever experienced since the beginning of the year. We reject every negative and sad news associated with ember months, disaster and sorrows shall not see us and our dwellings.

Hurray, I can smell Christmas in the air. All the Muslim mamas that did not give me sallah meat, how market? First to do no dey pain tongue grin grin

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kazchick(f): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2018
Hello Mamas,
Please I noticed this on my son’s neck, thought it is teething rash and was using Vaseline and bibs but today I noticed that it has spread a bit to his belle and small on his back.
We just move to another country so I am in a fix. What can I use?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2018
Roseey0:

Just morning
Ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 10:21am On Sep 01, 2018
Good morning mamas

Pls want to ask a very funny question....

When does all the long bathing of a newborn end??
MIL usually bathes my LO and massages him every morning and night....

Hes 3months now and she still does that?? Anytime I ask she says as long as she's here and doesn't look like she's going anytime soon...

Pls how long did u guys do all the newborn bathing him for?? When can I bathe him like a normal person biko?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:26am On Sep 01, 2018
lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas

Hes 3months now and she still does that?? Anytime I ask she says as long as she's here and doesn't look like she's going anytime soon...

Pls how long did u guys do all the newborn bathing him for?? When can I bathe him like a normal person biko?

Mama is doing that for pleasure. That's her own way of contributing in giving you assistance.

If she wont take offence, wake up earlier than she normally does and give him a bath but I'm quite sure she won't like it so just appreciate her efforts.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2018
kazchick:
Hello Mamas,
Please I noticed this on my son’s neck, thought it is teething rash and was using Vaseline and bibs but today I noticed that it has spread a bit to his belle and small on his back.
We just move to another country so I am in a fix. What can I use?

It could be an allergic reaction. How old is he and what does he feed on?
Better still, check with a pead.

God's blessings upon your family in the new country.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
beyedew:
Nnem, I wont. I missed you and your BA. How is your boo boo doing?
He's fine dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzystores: 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
@ jazzjazz na me ooo. Lolz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lol. Shebi she's not disturbing you? Allow her. When she goes/when she's not around bathe normal bathe for him grin grin grin

BEYEDEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
Thanks mamas....

I will be patient

The crying nor be here. My little one hates it so much he cries once the message starts....
Enjoys bathing though...

cc JGracious hunniesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas

Lol same here o. And she still does the excessive scrubbing as if baby is dirty grin I now bathe mY baby though but she is always on standby whenever I'm bathing the baby she won't just let me be she will still be using one hand to pour water or rubbing baby that makes two people bathing baby. undecided I'm just been patient cos she has few days left. I actually don't know when the hot water massage stops but I don't see myself doing it when she goes. She still rob mentholatum on a navel that is healed too... undecided lol

I hope you have started learning how to bathe baby? Tell her to allow you do it once in a while else, it won't be easy for you to do when she goes. smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2018
helovesme:

I do not think the advice from the physiotherapist is the best.

Waiting till a child is a year old is rather too long.

bone related injuries heal very quickly in babies, so the earlier the problem is diagnosed/rectified, the better.

if there is pain/discomfort/swelling, it might actually be a fracture (tiny bone fractures occur in babies) and he might need a leg x-ray to determine the nature of the fracture and if he needs a cast.

i think you should take your baby immediately to a doctor/paediatrician, who would most likely recommend an x-ray. the x-ray is then reviewed by a radiologist before it is then referred back to the doctor or orthopaedist. consultation with a physiotherapist is further down the chain of events and may not even be required at all.

its possible your chain is in pain and might require pain relief but then again, that will be determined by the doctor.

Just look at you!!!!!

Ah ah how was your trip? Missed you much mama

Come to the seniors corner jare �����
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
JGracious:

Mama is doing that for pleasure. That's her own way of contributing in giving you assistance.

If she wont take offence, wake up earlier than she normally does and give him a bath but I'm quite sure she won't like it so just appreciate her efforts.

Ah my MIL will definitely take offense if I try this. cheesy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas

Please free grandma oh!!! Lol

It's not harmful to the baby so let them both enjoy the bonding time...
If I were you I'd spend the time in bed or doing other stuff wink

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Lol same here o. And she still does the excessive scrubbing as if baby is dirty grin I now bathe mY baby though but she is always on standby whenever I'm bathing the baby she won't just let me be she will still be using one hand to pour water or rubbing baby that makes two people bathing baby. undecided I'm just been patient cos she has few days left. I actually don't know when the hot water massage stops but I don't see myself doing it when she goes. She still rob mentholatum on a navel that is healed too... undecided lol

I hope you have started learning how to bathe baby? Tell her to allow you do it once in a while else, it won't be easy for you to do when she goes. smiley

���
Yes oh... I have started learning oh....

Same here that mentholatum rubbing......
Lolz.....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
babythug:

Please free grandma oh!!! Lol

It's not harmful to the baby so let them both enjoy the bonding time...
If I were you I'd spend the time in bed or doing other stuff wink

I will try mama.....

Na so I go dey do....

When am not learning how to bathe him I will just jejely leave both of them

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.