Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391634 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2019
Giddyperson:
Its official cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
GB calls me aunthy cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Probably cuz thats what lil cousin calls me cry cry cry cry cry cry
She follows me around scraming Aunthy Aunthy Aunthy cry cry cry cry cry
How do I stop myself from smacking the Aunthy out of her mouth cheesy cheesy
More importantly, how do I make it stop cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Lil cousin has to start calling you mommy grin
You have just been promoted to a Mom Of 3 status!! kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:59am On Feb 16, 2019
Giddyperson:
More importantly, how do I make it stop cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Tell lil cousin to call you mummy.
That's what I did. Now my daughter calls me Mummy(inserts my Igbo name) angry angry cos my sibz calls me by my name

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hunniesuzie,
Our 2nd birthday parry will still hold today na as election don enter cancellation.

Send address abi kuku waybill our cake and efo riro+cowleg.

May Osi continue to grow in abundance of grace.He will do great exploits and make you and his dad proud in Jesus name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
Messyodi:
Good morning, im a new mum, and my baby is just 3days old. My breasts are very engorged and they hurt badly, please what can i do? I have tried giving her to suck but the nipples are too hard for her to latch on and i tried extracting via breast pump but only little colostrum left, yet my breast feels like stone. Help a new mum please.

Thank you
Sorry dear, massage with hot water, lubricate nipples with olive oil,after cleaning with face towel and water. it's a matter of time and you will get the hang of it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
muhehehe, as you people's FG is doing us "the more you look, the less you see" we dinnor prepare for birthday oh

Thanks sis, God bless you and yours

JGracious:
Hunni.esuzie,
Our 2nd birthday parry will still hold today na as election don enter cancellation.

Send address abi kuku waybill our cake and efo riro+cowleg.

May Osi continue to grow in abundance of grace.He will do great exploits and make you and his dad proud in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Messyodi(f): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

Pele. Don't waste the colostrum, it can't be too hard for her to suck, just keep putting it in her mouth.
You can massage the breast with hot water, but then she has to suck for you to get major relief, it would start with little colostrum and soon there would be breastmilk all over the place. Also, drink plenty of water and other fluids. I take plenty hot pap like 2 or 3 times a day whenever I'm trying to establish breastfeeding, usually helps the breast start flowing cuz sometimes they feel engorged yet nothing is really coming out.

How has she been feeding for the past 3 days? I formula fed GB for almost three weeks before I got the hang of breastfeeding, with my son, I formula fed for 3 days. So if the breast is not co-operating yet, the child has to eat somehow while you keep trying.

Okay ma, thank you , she has been eating formula for 3days now. I will do the hot massage. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Messyodi(f): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
Great thanks darling. Let me gan boil water grin

PraisesG:

Sorry dear, massage with hot water, lubricate nipples with olive oil,after cleaning with face towel and water. it's a matter of time and you will get the hang of it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Messyodi(f): 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
zaynie:

Massage your breast with hot water. Wrap it in a hot towel while bathing.
Clean the nipples very well and keep putting her to breast.
The nipple seems hard but it is her constant sucking that will soften it.
It will be painful at first but don't worry the pain will only decrease.

Give baby food please so she can poop as much black or brown poop as possible, as soon as the poop turns yellow, you are in the safe zone from jaundice.

Mummy mummy, thanks for your response, her poop color is gradually changing color from that dark brown. I will do the hot towel therapy. Gracias

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
Giddyperson:
After sowing my seed singlet, who can guess what i got in return. cry cry cry

Please who can tell me where to download greys anatomy without stress or virus. Armorprincess, hunniesuzzie, halcyon123, jazzyjazz anyone else.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy me and u de d same category

02tvseries na the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

My son called me a aunty for 4yrs until my help came and started calling me mummy then my son joined her. . Someone has to teach her that you are mummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
Messyodi:
Good morning, im a new mum, and my baby is just 3days old. My breasts are very engorged and they hurt badly, please what can i do? I have tried giving her to suck but the nipples are too hard for her to latch on and i tried extracting via breast pump but only little colostrum left, yet my breast feels like stone. Help a new mum please.

Thank you

Congratulations on your little one!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2019
Mama pls I need your help on this cos its really weighing me down.
My son started having eela on his face about three weeks ago... I apply sudocrem on any one that appears and within hours it will dry up but his face is very hard, dry and somehow scaly. We plugged "fruit" leaves and red flower, boiled them and uses it to bath him. Its been 3 weeks but my baby's face is still rough, his head is full of eela (he didn't have hair when he was born so his head is scanty which makes it easy to see his scalp) his scalp is always dry, with dandruff -like and ringworm stuffs. I keep applying coconut oil but no improvement. I'm just tired, I feel he's not adding weight like he should, he was born 3kg, he'd be 10weeks on Thursday and I feel he's not even more that 4/4.5kg.
I feel so bad that he's going through all these cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
My son started having eela on his face about three weeks ago... I apply sudocrem on any one that appears and within hours it will dry up but his face is very hard, dry and somehow scaly. We plugged "fruit" leaves and red flower, boiled them and uses it to bath him. Its been 3 weeks but my baby's face is still rough, his head is full of eela (he didn't have hair when he was born so his head is scanty which makes it easy to see his scalp) his scalp is always dry, with dandruff -like and ringworm stuffs. I keep applying coconut oil but no improvement. I'm just tired, I feel he's not adding weight like he should, he was born 3kg, he'd be 10weeks on Thursday and I feel he's not even more that 4/4.5kg.

Number one, Sudocrem is for diaper care not skin care.

Number two, any home remedy that shows no improvement in 3 days should be aborted. It doesn't mean the home remedy doesn't work, it simply means you didn't get the right diagnosis.

Number three, 3 weeks is just to long to leave that baby to eela. It causes serious itchiness for adults so I can imagine how uncomfortable he feels having an itch he cannot scratch.
Please see a Dr., he will diagnose what exactly is wrong with him and prescribe a medication for you.

Good luck and kisses to the baby kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:20am On Feb 17, 2019
Zaynie has answered the first
Four the second you said "I feel", have you actually had him weighed? If not you're assuming. Check his weight at his next immunisation and if he's truly 4/4.5kg then he's fine

SlimBrawnie:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2019
zaynie:

Number one, Sudocrem is for diaper care not skin care.

Number two, any home remedy that shows no improvement in 3 days should be aborted. It doesn't mean the home remedy doesn't work, it simply means you didn't get the right diagnosis.

Number three, 3 weeks is just to long to leave that baby to eela. It causes serious itchiness for adults so I can imagine how uncomfortable he feels having an itch he cannot scratch.
Please see a Dr., he will diagnose what exactly is wrong with him and prescribe a medication for you.

Good luck and kisses to the baby kiss kiss
Thank you so much, we'd be going to the hospital tomorrow. I've stopped applying the sudocrem, just ori.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:26am On Feb 17, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Zaynie has answered the first
Four the second you said "I feel", have you actually had him weighed? If not you're assuming. Check his weight at his next immunisation and if he's truly 4/4.5kg then he's fine

Okay, thank you ma. His next immunization is on Thursday but I'd ask for his weight to be checked tomorrow when we go to the hospital. My mum just told me that he's growing and weighing better than before and its me that is not noticing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijesuloba: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Gudafternun mamas in the house, pls help a ftm ,i gave birth 4weeks ago.I ave two questions to ask(1)is it ok for baby to poo up to 3 times a day during feeding or immediately after each feeding,though the poo re always nt much and yellowish in color with egusi like particles(2) I notice my little one has been seriously sneezing and coughing,pls how do I tackle the catarrh and cough .tank u mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
ijesuloba:
Gudafternun mamas in the house, pls help a ftm ,i gave birth 4weeks ago.I ave two questions to ask(1)is it ok for baby to poo up to 3 times a day during feeding or immediately after each feeding,though the poo re always nt much and yellowish in color with egusi like particles(2) I notice my little one has been seriously sneezing and coughing,pls how do I tackle the catarrh and cough .tank u mamas

Welldone mama and congratulations.

As regards your questions, 1) it is ok for baby to poo up to 3 times or even more in a day.

1a) the poo consistency of your baby is normal and very ok.
read more about it here: https://www.babycenter.com/baby-poop-photos

2. Be sure to keep baby away from direct breeze from fan/ac. Wrap him well depending on the weather to prevent baby from having cold.

You mentioned catarrhh, is the baby's nose runny? If yes you may need to do steam inhalation or drop some quantity of olbas oil/eucalyptus oil around the corners of the room.
A lot of times, the sneezing from baby is just to show they are clearing their airways. If it bothers you so much, please see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4realwoman: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Giddyperson:
Now I understand why my girl said she will start calling my mummy once kamsi is one year so that kamsi will not follow her and be calling me Aunty.
Children learn from people around dem, your lil cousin is the one that will teach her and make her call you mummy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
Pls mamas who have dat home remedy for cough nd cartar?
Pls share oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funmi2510: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
Happy Sunday Mamas..... My son is 3months plus he use to poo like 3times a day...but like 3 days ago he hardly poo Onces in a day and d poo colour is some how black ...pls is it normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
4realwoman:

Now I understand why my girl said she will start calling my mummy once kamsi is one year so that kamsi will not follow her and be calling me Aunty.
Children learn from people around dem, your lil cousin is the one that will teach her and make her call you mummy.
I just can't tho. The thought of having her call me mommy just makes me go 'hell naw'. I'd sha tell her to stop yelling aunthy when i call her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 1wunmi: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 1wunmi: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijesuloba: 5:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
JGracious:

Welldone mama and congratulations.

As regards your questions, 1) it is ok for baby to poo up to 3 times or even more in a day.

1a) the poo consistency of your baby is normal and very ok.
read more about it here: https://www.babycenter.com/baby-poop-photos

2. Be sure to keep baby away from direct breeze from fan/ac. Wrap him well depending on the weather to prevent baby from having cold.

You mentioned catarrhh, is the baby's nose runny? If yes you may need to do steam inhalation or drop some quantity of olbas oil/eucalyptus oil around the corners of the room.
A lot of times, the sneezing from baby is just to show they are clearing their airways. If it bothers you so much, please see a doctor.
tank u mama for the responses,the nose is not running bt anytime she sneezes catarrh mucus comes out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Messyodi(f): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thank you grin
phunmie306:

Congratulations on your little one!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
I tried posting the websites but I got banned for hours. Don't know why
Giddyperson:
After sowing my seed singlet, who can guess what i got in return. cry cry cry

Please who can tell me where to download greys anatomy without stress or virus. .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
amorprincesa:
I tried posting the websites but I got banned for hours.
cheesy You didn't have to type the whole thing. ive found on 02 tv sha. thanks and sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
Okay then! Giddybaby won't stop calling you Aunty because your cousin keeps calling you that. My dd calls my hubby honey because that's what I call him so I have started calling him daddy now cheesy
Giddyperson:
cheesy You didn't have to type the whole thing. ive found on 02 tv sha. thanks and sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
sunbestie:
Pls mamas who have dat home remedy for cough nd cartar?
Pls share oo
Pls mamas make una help me oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
sunbestie:

Pls mamas make una help me oo
salt and palm oil mixed together. seems st Louis sugar works faster.

Irish and little salt, melt d ori.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.