Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406175 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 6:52am On Mar 31, 2019
LadySarah:

chai,world ppl. ; embarassed.pls leave your baby to do his thing jeje
OK ma. So need for any custard abi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 6:54am On Mar 31, 2019
comtem2011:
Na wa for the person o. So it's custard that will make the bone to be strong. She is not serious.

Nothing is wrong with ur baby, she will walk at the appropriate time. The only thing I can recommend for strong bone is vitamin C or seven seas.
Lol. OK jare. Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 6:58am On Mar 31, 2019
FloraEC:

Stand unaided at 8months shocked shocked
World people angry angry
My son started crawling at 8m
He's 9m+ and stand with aid
She meant since she started standing with aid at 8 months that she should be standing by herself now that she z 10months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:07am On Mar 31, 2019
UmmuFarrah:

She meant since she started standing with aid at 8 months that she should be standing by herself now that she z 10months
my baby clocked 7 months today, she just make an attempt to crawl 3 days ago. Every child to their own time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2019
UmmuFarrah:

OK ma. So need for any custard abi

Nope
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2019
Giddyperson:
Make sure he latches properly, the entire black part of the breast, not just the nipple should be inside his mouth when you want to feed him. That way you would encounter only minimal pain and it would subside soon.

Thanks so much mama. He was sucking d nipple only, I'll adjust. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by funmiketoyole(f): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2019
Rbae:
Hello mama's.

I've started lactating and my baby sucked for an hour per feed. He sucked my breast like his feeding bottle tit grin. I have bruised nipples already (on day 1). Please, what can I apply on d nipple. I cry as he sucks cos its painful ehn.
U can apply nipple cream. It’s sold in any baby shop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2019
comtem2011:
my baby clocked 7 months today, she just make an attempt to crawl 3 days ago. Every child to their own time.
Wow that's great!
Its obvious every child with his own growing pace
My dd clocked 7 months 2 days ago but she's yet to sit unaided. Still guiding her through, I'll only raise alarm when all efforts seems futile
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:41am On Mar 31, 2019
Happy mothers day blessed mothers
May God enlarge your coast
Enjoy your day!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by funmiketoyole(f): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2019
funmiketoyole:
Hello.
I have a challenge with my Dboy.
He isn’t eating and he’s already 6months.
He cries imme he notice u are preparing him food. He only wants breast milk. I have tried nutribom, Friscoe and pap
Kindly recommend what else I can give or how to make him eat without struggle.
I anticipate replies
Pls I’m waiting o.. able mothers of God�
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by promisedwealth(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2019
lovly weekend fam pls straight to the question can a breast feeding mum of 3 month use combination3 birth control ? wil it have effect on the baby its there a better or more safe birth control pill.? thank you all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2019
UmmuFarrah:

She'll still walk, she's just 10mns

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:23am On Mar 31, 2019
Halcyon123:
Thanks dear, will try it out n let you know how it come out
No problem
It won't cost you more than 2k or even less. I prepared 5kg for someone yesterday and I spent 2k for everything. 1kg of corn flour is 300 or more depending on your area.
Just go to those people that sells baking stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2019
LadySarah:

Nope
Aiit ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2019
FloraEC:

She'll still walk, she's just 10mns
Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
Abeg ignore. The person is talking nonsense

UmmuFarrah:

Okay. thanks. Well, someone said she supposed to have started walking or at least stand unaided by now coz she started holding stuffs to stand since 8months that maybe her bones are not strong that I can give her custard. Your opinions plz

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
Keep trying. If you did exclusive it's harder to get them to adjust. You can also try carrot or apple puree (boil and blend)

funmiketoyole:

Pls I’m waiting o.. able mothers of God�

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2019
Newmercies:
Life is not easy and to be a mother is not an easy job at all, from one challenge to another. It was noisy breathing before and when I took him to hospital they found out he has tonsilities and we did surgery few months ago
Now he's 2years and he has not started talking even to say mummy or daddy. Right now I am freaking out. A friend of mine came to visit me yesterday and after seeing the way he makes noise she called me after she left that she's worried about my son, pls i don't want to think the unthinkable.what do I do, which hospital will i take him to in Abuja. Let me not forget to say that when we went for circumcision they said he has tongue tie and was removed. Pls help an d advice a worried mum.God bless us all.

calm down. don't allow fear to overtake you. when my son clocked 2, he couldn't say any word at all even when my cousin's son who was younger had started calling the names of all the people in their house. we enrolled him in pre-kg plus we downloaded several children rhymes and educational applications for him. he's going to be 3 soon and he still doesn't say any household word apart from "daddy", "mummy" "no". but he can read count 1-10, read A-Z fluently as well as the nursery rhymes they teach him in school. my mum says it's because there are no children for him to play with at home. seeing a paed will set your mind at ease but i know there's nothing wrong with your son

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
Happy Mother's day mamas..........please, I noticed that my left breast is always leaking BM, is it normal or do I need to do something and I am not doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
promisedwealth:
lovly weekend fam pls straight to the question can a breast feeding mum of 3 month use combination3 birth control ? wil it have effect on the baby its there a better or more safe birth control pill.? thank you all

Hello,except condom,i think we were taught during antenatals not to choose our birthcontrols by ourselves.

Hospitals have family planning units,with the uniqueness of your woman's body ,the apprioriate birth control metgod will be adminstered.At healthcentres,for as low as #800,she is good to go.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
Frozenelsa:
Happy Mother's day mamas..........please, I noticed that my left breast is always leaking BM, is it normal or do I need to do something and I am not doing?

Does it feel heavier and fuller than the other,if yes then maybe you are feeding baby more of it thsn the right.You can feed the right one more to balance the both and help yourself with a breastpad.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
Newmercies,if you keep listening to what ''mums with super children '' tell you,you will not like what you will seeooo.

Is your child in an environment where he is exposed to other kids his age and not just a learning environment?Is he your first?I ask because we have copied the oyibo''mind ur biz lifestyle'' but didnt take cognizance of the fact that they sometimes take their kids to playgrounds and parks to play with others not only on Xmas or boxing day undecided undecided

Im telling you because i was exactly in your shoes with my first son.very quiet estate,we were alwways alone.2 yrs plus,only the word water was heard from him.
But when we relocated and i dropped him with my mum,2 weeks after he was stuttering and 3 mths later,led his class in their xmas carol.He could say 3 words at once frm then.

If you are not convinced,see a paed or speech therapist other than that keeping them indoors doesnt help some of them especially the firstborns who dont have someone close to their age to relate with.
Cartoons,toys and tabs arent humans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
LadySarah:
Newmercies,if you keep listening to what ''mums with super children '' tell you,you will not like what you will seeooo.

Is your child in an environment where he is exposed to other kids his age and not just a learning environment?Is he your first?I ask because we have copied the oyibo''mind ur biz lifestyle'' but didnt take cognizance of the fact that they sometimes take their kids to playgrounds and parks to play with others not only on Xmas or boxing day undecided undecided

Im telling you because i was exactly in your shoes with my first son.very quiet estate,we were alwways alone.2 yrs plus,only the word water was heard from him.
But when we relocated and i dropped him with my mum,2 weeks after he was stuttering and 3 mths later,led his class in their xmas carol.He could say 3 words at once frm then.

If you are not convinced,see a paed or speech therapist other than that keeping them indoors doesnt help some of them especially the firstborns who dont have someone close to their age to relate with.
Cartoons,toys and tabs arent humans

What about creche? I guess it helps too...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
LadySarah:

Does it feel heavier and fuller than the other,if yes then maybe you are feeding baby more of it thsn the right.You can feed the right one more to balance the both and help yourself with a breastpad.

Exactly, I feed left more cos its comfortable for me but I will revert and balance. Tnx so much mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
StrongWoman333:
What about creche? I guess it helps too...

very well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lehwah(f): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hello mamas, I am finally here oooo, make una welcome me.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Happy mothers day to everyone, including akpa garri wey dey miss immunization with months angry cheesy

May we all reap the fruits of our labours here on earth and in heaven. Our children shall celebrate us, our husbands appreciate us and our homes shall be peaceful.

17 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
UmmuFarrah:

Thanks mama

Do not listen to what those busy body are saying that was how my friend was busy comparing my less than one month baby to a 3months old baby saying my baby is not fat cos my Mum-inlaw doesn't know how to massage baby she was always making me feel bad with her comments but I had to stop her cos she almost made me had issue with my Mum-inlaw if not that I was wise, when my baby clocked 3months she was the same person saying she's too heavy now her mouth closed cos of how fast my baby is growing she even crawl at 5months.

Also research shows that children develop at the same pace their parents especially the one they resemble developed when they were babies,my husband crawl early and walked in about 8months or so and my daughter is a replica of him so I'm not surprised so pls don't allow someone to make you feel bad about your baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
helen4:
Good day wonderful mamas. Please I need guidance, my three months old baby started producing lots of saliva and she's always putting her fingers as well as fist in her mouth. At time she inserts the two fists. People said it's teething.
Is this true?
Can I start using teething drugs for her this early?
Please what will drug will you recommend if yes to the above question. Please no waka pass oooo sabi mamas.

With my experience,I think your baby is on her way to teething. She's not early as babies teeth at different times. I started giving 1ml of banababe to essence at 3 months and the first set of teeth came out at 4 months,1 week. So,be ready for this beautiful phase of growth. Its well dear.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tianaadams(f): 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2019
Who has issues with lactation cos I can help..

Kunu is one drink that we overlook but can help with lactation.
I can make it for you @3k per 5 liters with delivery for 700 within Lagos..
Or get an idoma woman to help you make it cos they do it best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmove: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2019
bigmove:
Good day mamas,

I have the following items for sale in Ebute-metta, Lagos state.
....call zero. seven. zero.three. four.eight. three. four.nine. one. eight

baby wardrobe #16,000
infant to toddler rocker #8,000
baby bathset

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.